One of the Misfits

By SaskiaRose

A group of six young offenders who get stuck with community service get struck by a bolt of lightning during... More

Chapter One ~
Chapter Two ~
Chapter Three ~
Chapter Five ~
Chapter Six ~
Chapter Seven ~
Chapter Eight ~
Chapter Nine ~
Chapter Ten ~
Chapter Eleven ~
Meet The Characters!
Chapter Twelve ~

Chapter Four ~

1K 37 2
By SaskiaRose

Fourth chapter, woo :) Please tell me what you think of this one :))

(E4 OWNS ALL CHARACTERS EXCEPT ROSE AND A COUPLE OF OTHERS)

~ SaskiaRose xo

Rosetta Bernett

"So you're all special and I'm not. You can think that but I know I have a superpower... I just need to find out what it is." Nathan huffed and picked up some plastic under a tree.

I had decided to drop all bad thoughts I had against Nathan and get along with him. In the past few days the pair of us were getting in more and more trouble doing stupid pranks and everything, but we didn't care. Once you got past the fact he was a d*ck to everyone, you saw he was actually fun to be around.

I had my arm hooked through his and we tried to pick up an empty can with the same tongs together. We failed miserablly and I pushed him over. "Stop thinking about yourself. I don't have one either, for the millionth time."

"Maybe your just super retarded," said Alisha. Nathan turned to me, "maybe we both have spiderman abilities! We could be able to climb shit and shoot webs!"

I laughed, "you could be  Spiderman and I can be... I actually don't know."

"You could be She-Hulk!" I glared at him.

"As if that would happen. Why would you be able to climb stuff?" Curtis asked as if the idea was preposterous to him.

"I don't know, how is it you can turn back time, apparently. And weird kid over here can turn invisble?It's not like this situation is backed up by a sh*tload of knowledge."

Curtis kept silent knowing he was defeated. I don't think anyone could beat Nathan in a verbal fight.

We walked by an empty parking lot, picking up trash and putting them in humungous black rubbish bags. I came along a picked up something red with my tongs and held it closer to my face so I could get a better look. I wrinkled my nose in disgust and I realised  it was a tampon. "Gross," I whined. I put it in my rubbish bag when something caught my eye. "What is that?" I asked.

We all walked up to it cautiously. It was a fully naked man unconsious on the ground. Alisha got her tongs and pocked him in the ass. "Hey nude guy, you're naked."

He slowly woke up and turned his body, all his... things on display. "Oh my god!" I screeched and covered my eyes. I heard Simon's phone clicking as he took a picture. Why he would want a picture of that on his phone, I have no idea.

"You!" Nathan shouted. I uncovered my eyes to see Nathan pointing at the man accusingly. The man widened his eyes before getting up and sprinting off barefoot. "Hey!"

"Are you going to tell us who that was?" I asked Nathan while the others pissed themselves laughing.

"He's my mums- He lives with my mum." He staring after the man.

Alisha continued to laugh, "well your step-dad has got a massive c*ck!"

"Ugh, Jesus. And he's not my step-dad, alright." He replied admantly.

"Did you see that thing?" She nudged Kelly's shoulder, "that was like monster big. Your mum would hurt."

"LA-LA-LA-LA SHUT UP!"  Said Nathan with his fingers in his ears.

"Why was he naked?" I asked.

"He's obviously some kind of pervert," Alisha told me, "or he's gay."

"He could rapist, there's loads of them 'round here." Kelly said.

"Or he could be a werewolf," voiced Simon.

Nathan pointed at him with his tongs. "Twat."

Simon looked at him, "it's what happens in flims. You turn into a werewolf, you kill someone and then wake up somewhere naked. Like a zoo."

"He's not a werewolf alright? This guy is such a p*ssy he needs my mum to help him open a jar. I'm sure if he was a werewolf he would be able to open a jar of peanut butter for himself!"

I rolled my eyes. "This was all before the storm, right? The storm probably did something to him too. Like Simon suggested, he could have turned into a werewolf. The possibilities are endless!"

He shrugged me off, "that's bollocks. What are the chances?" 

"A billion in a million," I deadpanned.

"I don't care, he is not, and I repeat not, a werewolf." He said pointing at me.

"Whatever," I uttered.

After we finished picking up random rubbish around town, we headed back down to the community centre to change back into our normal clothes, and where a group of old people were. We were supposed to be volunteers and help or assist any elder in need.

Old couples were dancing to some old people music. More like swaying slowly side to side. They were so old they could barely do anything, no offence to them or anything.

 "Help out, talk to them, make sure everyone is having a good time." Sally said to us all. We all stood there silently and still. "Move!"

I jumped, and walked over to and old man you looked to be asleep in a wheel chair. Well, he looked to be asleep. His chest didn't move to show he was breathing. "Is he dead?" I asked Nathan. "I think he's dead."

He shot me a look. Nathan crept closer to the old fella and put his mouth next to his ear. "She's stealing your pension!" He yelled. The old man jolted awake, and look around the place confused. "Oh no, he's fine." Nathan grinned at me. I scoffed and walked off, picking up a platter and started offering the people food.

"Thank you darling," one dear old woman thanked me after taking a croissant. I smiled in return and walked around more. I spotted Simon dancing awkwardly with another... large old woman with an uncomfortable look on his face. I laughed at him. Nathan was flirting with a young woman at the food table, who I'm guessing was a volunteer. I shook my head. He was a mansl*tly, and a proud one at that.

~_~

We were back in the locker rooms, getting our bags and tidying up ourselves. I sprayed some deoderant under my arms because it got a bit hot and stuffy out there and I didn't exactly want to walk around being smelly.

"Someone knows," Curtis spoke up. We all turned to him, which we found him holding a white piece of paper. It read 'I KNOW WHAT YOU DID.'  "Someone knows we killed our probation worker."

I pursed my lips, "technically, Kelly killed him," I said but then caught the look Kelly gave me, "or not." I put my hands up in surrender.

"Is this a wind up?" Kelly crossed her arms and looked at Nathan, "is this you?"

He scoffed at her and put his hand on his heart. "Ouch, if I was tryin' to wind yer up I think I would be a little more creative. Maybe something along the lines of 'I know what film you saw last summer'or some sh*t like that."

"This isn't funny!" Kelly said blantly.

"If I wanted to freak you out, I would've dug up the body and stuck that in your locker!" He retorted.

"If it wasn't him, who was it then?" Simon asked us.

"Well we've all done stuff. They could be talking about anything."

I nodded in agreement. "It was in your locker," I pointed out to Curtis.

"It was meant for all of us. They're talking about the probation worker."

I crossed my arms, "we don't know that though. It's like Nathan said, they could be talking about anything."

"Okay, okay. Lets just say that you are right," Nathan said to Curtis," "if they actually knew anything, they wouldn't be d*cking around and sticking notes on lockers. They would have gone to the police and we'd all be banged up in prison getting gang r*ped in the showers! But this," he pointed at the paper in Curtis' hand, "this means they have no evidence, no proof, nothing." He finished.

"And anyway, I'm guessing it's some other totally unrelated sh*t that you did! So if we're all done freaking out over nothing, there's somewhere I need to be." Nathan patted Curtis' shoulder and walked out.

"Please don't tell me you actually believe that prick," Curtis asked us. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Well whoever did it is just trying to freak us out right?" Alisha said rubbing her arms.

"So we just act normal?" Kelly asked us.

Curtis sighed and scrumbled up the note and threw it back into his locker.

~_~ 

Later on in the I took Nessie down to the local park, and watched her as she struggled to get a good momentum of speed and rush.

 "Don't go too high, Ness!" I called out to her. She giggled in response. I shook my head and stood up from the picnic table, dusting off any dirt or crap that stuck to my clothes. I walked over to Nessie and grabbed the metal chains that held the swing bringing her fun to a stop. She pouted.

"Why did you do that?" She asked me as she laced her fingers through mine. I pointed up at the sky, where the clouds were slowly turning gray.

"It's going to rain soon and it's getting dark," I pointed out. She sighed unhappily and stared off into the trees beside us.

"Can we go for a quick walk before we leave?" She tugged on my hand with a cute little grin on her face. I smirked and sighed dramatically. "Fine."

I followed her into the trees. A soft whistling sound arose from the branches and leaves when the wind rushed through them. I closed my eyes and enjoyed the wind blowing through my hair and the cold tinge it was leaving on my nose and cheeks.

And then I heard my little sister scream.

~_~

So sorry for the late update! I didn't have internet or my computer for a couple of days, and I had some family problems I had to take care of.

What do you think happened? What's wrong with her sister? Any other thoughts on what her power could be? I'm revealing it in the next chapter!!! :D

Next Update: 7th of May. 8 votes and comments for earlier :)

~ SaskiaRose xxo

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84 47 16
"π»π‘’π“‡π‘œπ‘’π“ˆ 𝒢𝓇𝑒𝓃'𝓉 π’·π‘œπ“‡π“ƒ, π“‰π’½π‘’π“Ž'𝓇𝑒 𝓂𝒢𝒹𝑒" Like everyone else her age, Kourtney Woods struggles to balance maintaining decent grades...
2.5K 61 17
He has lost so much in each dimension of time, yet he couldn't change a single thing. Saving the love of his life while again and again to see her di...
3.7K 1K 30
Cover by: @xLovEtoLivEx A group of misfits with extraordinary abilities are thrown into a world they never knew existed. In a world like this, a pers...