No One But You (Completed)

By InsaneMind0404

13th in #playinghardtoget!! Meet Stephanie Meyers.... All girls fall for that one guy who is leaving his trai... More

Introducing the Main Characters
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Author's Note
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Author's Note

Chapter 13

6 1 0
By InsaneMind0404

Noah

I was wrong. I had thought that the party would make me feel better but no....in fact it brought me down lower. Stephanie.....it was official and I lost her...the way she didn't look at me yesterday and just walked past me summarized it all. She didn't want me anymore.....she didn't love me back.....but that's okay.....I love her and that's enough I guess.

Tonight was the big game and I didn't know whether Stephanie would show up.....because she was my good luck charm.....I was pretty sure she was going to come...I mean....for the team.

~*~

I was getting ready for the game. Caleb, Logan and Kaiden were coming to pick me up in 10 minutes. The team had to arrive at least an hour before the game so that we could do warm ups and have a little talk before the game. I was just tying my shoe laces until I heard a sound outside my house.

HONK HONK

They had arrived I better head downstairs. As I reached down stairs I saw my mum packing a huge water bottle and a sandwich into my bag.

"Go make your school proud honey, as captain win it for the school but for the team. But the most important part is to have fun," she told me kindly and hugged me. I said goodbye and then entered into the passenger seat with Kaiden driving.

"Ey mates.....just chill and keep your head in the game....don't get distracted and we can do it...." Logan said and we all high fives each other. It was like a bro thing I guess....

Don't get distracted Noah....keep your head in the game. I thought to myself.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Stephanie

I decided to wear a simple purple tank top with black shorts and a denim pull over with adidas superstar shoes. I had tied up my hair into a high pony tail and applied mascara and lipgloss onto my lips.

I picked up my phone from my bedside table and with one more look in the mirror I was satisfied with my look and headed down stairs. For a change....I was going to head to the game with Darryl he was going to be picking me up in 5 minutes. Callie decided to go with her cousin Delia as she was just here in San Fran for 2 days so Callie wanted to spend as much time with her as possible.

"Honey! Someone is here to pick you up for the game!" My mum yelled up the stairs.

"I'm coming!" I yelled back

My sisters already went with their friends so I didn't have to worry about them.....actually when do I ever? Lol

I entered the car and Darryl gave me a welcoming smile which I returned.

"Hey,"

"Hey....good luck for the game Darryl," I said with a smirk

"Oh no Stephanie...just wait until your school's butts are gonna be kicked when Eastwood high takes the victory home today!" He said with a smirk and gave a playful shove on my shoulder while he kept his other hand on the steering wheel.

~*~

We had arrived at school and not so many people had arrived yet but I wanted to get the best seats and save two for Callie and Delia. 

"Darryl, even though your not on our school's team, I wish good luck to you on the field and I do hope you play well.....may the best team win!" I said with a grin

He laughed. "Yeah, Steph even though you don't play basketball... good luck for your team...I'll see you after the game right?"

"Yeah of course! Bye Darryl!" I said

"Bye Steph see ya later!" I hugged him and then he ran off across to where his team was discussing some tactics I guess.

"Hey Stephanie," someone had said

I turned around and saw Noah. I didn't know what to feel but I was happy he was here though.

"Hey Noah....good luck for the game," I said with a warm smile

He looked quite surprised that I was smiling but still said "Oh.....thanks have fun cheering for us out there," he joked

I giggled and said "I sure will...."

For a few moments we stood there not saying anything.....it was getting awkward until he said

"Well....I guess I should....."he mumbled

"Oh....yeah sure.....good luck Noah....see you out there," I said

"Yeah....bye..." he said 

But before he left, I walked up to him slowly and pulled him closer to me wrapping his arms around me. At first he tensed up but then he hugged me back. His embrace was warm, and his big, strong arms seemed very protective when wrapped around my frail body. The world around me melted away as I squeezed him back, not wanting the moment to end.

I let go. But I didn't want to. "Bye...."

He looked at me and then after a few seconds he blushed and returned his goodbye then ran off to his teammates. I really hope that Lowell high win against Eastwood high. I squinted my eyes into the distance and I say Callie arriving with Delia......sprinted up the steps to the bleachers and saved two seats for them I waved at Callie....thank goodness she saw me she grinned and waved and dragged Delia up the stairs

"Heyyyyy bestie!" Callie screamed and hugged me real tight

"Callie....can't...breathe..." I managed to say

"Oh, whoops....Delia this is Stephanie of course you remember her from last year!"

"Hey Steph! I missed you sooooo much how are you?" She hugged me

"I'm great Delia....I really missed you too! I saved you guys seats...."

They said thanks and they sat down....until I heard Callie's stomach give a loud growl. A few people gave us the what-the-heck-was-that face glances...but then me and Delia cracked up.

"Uh....I didn't have a great afternoon snack I guess..."Callie said whilst scratching the back of her neck guiltily. 

"I'm gonna get snacks before I cause more of an embarrassment....do you guys want anything?" She laughed

"Um....I think I'll just have a packet of lays chills thanks," Delia said

"I'll have a hotdog thanks callz!" I said

With that she quickly ran downstairs towards the snack bar. Me and Delia cracked up again....we stopped after our tummies had start to hurt. 

"So.....when I arrived I saw that you were hugging this guy....who's the lucky man Steph?" She smirked and nudged me.

"Huh wha-n-no he's just a friend of mine in school...." I stammered

"Hmmmm I doubt..." she smirked

~*~

Soon the game had finally started... almost all of the bleachers were taken up and some of the people were sitting on the railings dangling their feet below. Many people from our school were wearing Lowell high school shirts representing the basketball team and had signs and banners. Our opponents, were pulling faces but....I didn't seem to mid really. I just shrugged at them.

Because of Callie's major starvation, she had bought so much food from chips all the way to burgers and ice creams. She was nervously stuffing Lays chips in her mouth dropping crumbs onto her outfit. I tried to hold back my laughter but rolled my eyes instead. In the court I saw Darryl, he said that he was captain for Eastwood. He was really serious and was giving his team a lecture. I couldn't blame him though, this was the finals.

Darryl caught my eye and he waved and put a thumbs up. I returned it and mouthed good luck. And he bowed. I shook my head and laughed. But the whole time I was doing this, Noah was staring at me with a disappointed expression...oh no....I decided to make him feel better so I blew a kiss at him and mouthed good luck. He looked up at me and smiled pretending to catch the kiss and put it on his chest. I smiled. 

The game had started where the captains from both teams shook hands, meaning Darryl and Noah. They both had a grim expression and made brief eye contact. 

Come on LOWELL HIGH.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Noah

I dribbled the ball away from my opponent on the right I was not far from the net I stopped and then threw the ball to Caleb and he threw it over to Kaiden and then Kaiden threw it to Logan. Logan swiftly passes away from the opponent trying to steal the ball and he dribbles it and he tries to aim for a shot. He throws it in the air and then the ball rotates around the edge of the net and.....it makes it in! I heard a large roar from the crowd from Lowell high and boos from Eastwood. I patted Logan on the back and then we continued.

~*~

Our opponent named Darryl had taken the ball out of George's hands and he quickly dribbles it. I was fuming! I ran after him trying to grab it but he dribbles from left to right he throws it to his player and then that player throws it back to Darryl who dribbles towards the net. My teammates had tried to block his way but he threw it towards the net and swoosh...it went into the net. He fist pumped his team and then a large scream of GO EASTWOOD was heard and boos from Lowell high. I clenched and unclenched my fists. Since it was halftime it was time to discuss tactics. There were only 10 minutes of the game left and it was 7-6.....one more shot to Eastwood then it would be a tie!

-------------------------------------------------------------

Stephanie

I was already picking on my nails and I had sweaty palms. I was really tense. Eastwood was pretty good and so far Darryl was man of the match. I was tapping my feet to the ground and ran my hands through my hair. Darryl had shot the last hoop until half time. There was only ten minutes. Callie beside me was taking little nibbles into her hotdog. Her mouth was open and I could tell that she was worried. I saw Noah on the court he was clenching and unclenching his fists and I saw a nerve in his forehead. I could tell that he was more worried. Our eyes connected and I mouthed keep going. He half smiled back at me but I could tell that my smile wasn't very reassuring at the moment.

I saw Darryl and he put to fingers to his lips and blew me a kiss. I shook my head and laughed but caught it. I mouthed good luck and he nodded. Okay half time was up......

-----------------------------------------------------------

Noah

The coach blew the whistle signaling that half time was up. I was nervous but I still tried to look confident on the outside. But then mum's voice appeared in my head

Honey, do it for the school but it's for the team. But even if you loose....you know that you should have fun.

I shrugged off the thoughts and decided to follow what my mum had told me. I had given my team a serious pep talk. In the corner of my eye I saw Stephanie and she had smiled at me and I smiled back......she always had a way to make me feel better. 

"Come on guys!" I yelled and then we headed back up to play the game.

~*~

Logan had got the ball and he dribbled it he passed it to Kaiden and then Kaiden threw it to me and I dribbled. In my peripheral vision I saw that Darryl was coming up close so I passed the ball to George who was closest to the net. This time George looked really motivated and he had a quick reaction. He tried to aim for a shot....what?! He can't get it. 

George stuck his tongue out and then threw the ball. I slapped a hand to my forehead cursing in my head and then looked up. The ball was going round and round the edge of the net. I looked around the fans of Lowell and Eastwood stood up and were watching the ball's every move. The ball had stopped and then tipped off the edge. I groaned.....George's had missed it slightly. I looked at him and he looked disappointed. But I still decided to give George a go.....he needed the motivation.

Darryl stepped in ad dribbled the ball to his opponent but Logan jumped up and caught it and then dribbled it. He passed it to Caleb and then Caleb gave it to me. Even though I was close to the net.....I didn't want to shoot. Everything had suddenly become into slow motion. I heard the crowds whooping, my teammates trying to yell my name, my opponents trying to catch up to me and the ball slippery in my palms. There was only two minutes of the game left....it was now or never....everything came back to normal Darryl was just at my heels. But I signaled George and passed the ball to me.

"SHOOT GEORGE!" I yelled as loud as I could

In the corner I saw Caleb Logan and Kaiden staring at me open mouthedly but I had decided to take the risk. George looked at me and then at the ball. Then he furrowed his eyebrows and really stared at the net.....once he was somewhat satisfied, he threw the ball and I crossed my fingers and watched the ball. It spun around the edge of the net and then stopped I closed my eyes. 

SWOOSH

I opened my eyes and saw the ball go through the net with such a force that not even a second later, Lowell high was cheering and screaming so loudly. I was so happy! A smile had  been plastered on my face. I ran up to George and fist pumped him and then my whole team had gathered in the middle of the court and had a group hug.....I CAN'T BELIEVE IT WE HAVE WON THE FINALS!

We all then shook hands with our opponents...then our coach had come giving us all pats on the backs. The referee came up with the trophy and he gave it to me and then we all stood in for a  photo and gave our biggest smiles. I saw Stephanie at the bleachers and she was the one who really stood out to me. She was grinning at me and tears of happiness were streaming down her face I couldn't help but grin back too.

------------------------------------------------------------

Stephanie

I watched as George had threw the ball and it went right through the net with a loud SWOOSH. Then all of us had stood up and we cheered as loud as we could. I caught Noah's eyes and I smiled at him with tears of happiness streaming down my face. Noah smiled back at me and never stopped staring at me. I had enough....I ran down the stairs and then ran across the court towards Noah. I jumped into his arms and hugged himas tight as I could. His arms had enveloped me and when we let go he wiped the stray tears on my face. 

"Noah....I-I ......I love you Noah!" I cried and then leaned on his shoulder for support.

He looked back at me with a smile and said

"Say that again Stephanie...."

"I LOVE YOU NOAH!" I yelled this time

"I love you too Stephanie......and I always will," he whispered to me

The next thing I knew, he had slammed his lips to mine and nearly knocked all wind from my lungs. He kissed me and the world fell away. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. His hand rested below my ear, his thumb caressing my cheek as our breaths mingled. I ran my fingers down his spine, pulling him closer until there was no space left between us and I could feel the beating of his heart against my chest. Finally we pulled apart and we were breathing rapidly

"Wow...." I whispered

He chuckled and then kissed me again. So this was how it felt like kissing someone for the first time. I was the most happiest girl in the world. I didn't know how to react.....the boy that I learned to love....loved me back and that's all I needed.....

End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 54 40
(LGBTQ+) How hard could it be to fall in love in 60 days? Noah and Olivia didn't know what was going to happen, all they knew was that they had agre...
125K 3.2K 78
My lips part slightly, as I watch her move her body to the rhythm. She runs her hands through her hair as she moves her body sensually slow with her...
244K 11.2K 33
Ranked #20 in teen fiction! When Noah Jones, the school's resident hottie, asked me to help him win his ex back, I told him he was crazy. I mean, su...
47K 2.1K 34
*COMPLETE* With over 200k followers on Instagram, Noah has the social media world at his mercy, but is he truly happy? What's missing in his life? Lo...