Chapter 4

Noah

It was my first day at a new high school....Again. I had been transferred to five different schools from Minnesota all the way to San Francisco and I am hoping this is the last time I transfer. My dad had past away in a car accident just leaving me, my younger brother Matt and my mom. It was a really tough transition as my mum had more weight on her shoulders about money for the house and for our education. That's why I was desperate to get a scholarship for basketball for college.

As I entered Lowell high school, the hallways seemed busier, the students seemed less friendly and, the teachers didn't seem to care that I didn't know my way around. But many girls seemed to be ogling at me I mean I know I'm pretty hot but a little less on the wowing factor would give me less of the creeps thanks. 

I walked off to the secretary and she gave me a map of the school and my timetable. As soon as I walked out of the office I saw five big muscleod up boys around the same height as me, it seemed that they were on the basketball team. They walked up to me and one of them said:

"Yo mate I'm Logan, that's Caleb, Jackson, Jake and Kaiden, as you've probably noticed we are on the basketball team and we think that you should give it a try you look pretty fit. Also tryouts are at lunch so be in the sports hall at sharp 12pm. Oh and of course we'll be the best mates yeah. See ya around tough guy."

With that he gave me a friendly punch on the shoulder and walked off. I smiled and thought to myself that maybe it won't be that bad around here.

The bell rang and everyone quickly stalked off to their first lesson of the day. It seemed that I was the only one left but then out of the corner of my eye I saw a girl with wavy brown hair tied up in a messy bun and she was wearing rather casual clothes than all of the other girls I've seen. She looked a bit different. 

Soon she walked off into her designated classroom. With that I shrugged and headed off the other direction with my backpack slung over my back. Great history! Learning about people arising from the dead...sheesh no point.

--------------------------------------------

Surprisingly I had survived history and then geography. But seriously, history and geography is not a good combination.....take it from a person who knows.

SHOOT.

I just realized that I had to go to basketball tryouts! I was exiting out of Mrs Kempinski's class as quickly as I could so that I wouldn't be late but-

WHAM.

The door gave a huge thud I creamed the door open slightly again and to my surprise I saw the same girl I saw this morning sprawled across the floor. And note to self, NEVER get on her bad side....trust me.

I had to hurry but at the same time I didn't think it was right to leave her on the floor like that so I said with a hint of concern

"I-I am so sorry did I hit you?" As soon I said that I regretted it because it sounded dumb VERY dumb.

" Oh no, the door hit me by itself!" She shot back clearly giving the look that I didn't quite make the standards of her first impression.

"Uh s-sorry of course I hit you uh here let me help you up," I said reaching out my hand.

"I didn't ask for your chivalry! Why don't you go ask some other drooling girls for a hand hmm?" With that she gave me a look of disgust and slammed the door shut behind me.

I stood there frozen on the same spot surprised by her....her....braveness?

Yup, she is in fact very different to the other girls I have seen before.