Halcyon ; Harry Potter [3]

Por Dan_Is_Not_On_Fire_7

In which no one believes Voldemort is back and Harry has to deal with an evil Professor while juggling his co... Más

CAST
Prologue
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Chapter Thirty-Five
Chapter Thirty-Six
Chapter Thirty-Seven
Chapter Thirty-Eight
Chapter Thirty-Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty-One
Chapter Forty-Two
Epilogue
BOOK FOUR

Chapter Thirty-Two

11.6K 375 323
Por Dan_Is_Not_On_Fire_7

It was morning now and the school had changed drastically since the disappearance of Albus Dumbledore last night...

Everyone was sat at their dedicated seats in the Great Hall. The students crowded the four long tables designated to the four different houses and the Professors table looked far from happy.

Everyone could see why. It was clear why as everyone had the shock to wake them up when they entered for breakfast. Dumbledore's seat was completely empty and by the looks of everyone, it wasn't just the quartet who felt like a big part of the school was missing.

As well as angering people, it also caused a lot of gossip to spread around the Hall that morning, especially about the events of last night.

Robyn had heard most peculiar rumours about what happened last night. Of course she already knew the true events that took place as Harry had told his three friends once he entered the Common Room that night.

Robyn could still hear murmers of different stories as she sat next to Harry at the Gryffindor table; "I heard that Fudge is laying in St. Mungo's with a pumpkin for a head." Robyn had scoffed at this but covered it up by shoving toast in her mouth.

She heard other rumours like: "Dumbledore fought off three Aurors, Umbridge, and Fudge by just looking at them." Robyn had slowly nodded at this one. She gave it to them that they were fairly accurate as Dumbledore had used some sort of spell to freeze them all before disappearing. Robyn did feel slightly disappointed that Dumbledore didn't fight them just by looking at them, as she thought that would have been very awesome.

She even heard; "I heard Umbridge is locked in her office afraid to come out."

And: "I heard Fudge was going to try to expel Harry Potter and he turn'd them all to slugs before he could get a word out."

All of these accusations and rumours were ridiculous but Robyn had to give it to the students that they found it all out extremely quickly, as wrong as they may be.

Robyn looked at Harry and the best way to describe the way he looked was that he looked as if his best friend had died. Then again, Robyn knew herself, Ron and Hermione didn't look much better.

"I can't believe that frog is our Headmaster now." Hermione hissed, the word 'frog' used to describe their pink Professor that had been teaching them Defence Against the Dark Arts. Rubbishy, Harry would say, but teaching none the less.

"I really didn't think things could get any worse . . ." Harry sighed gloomily, reaching over to grab a piece of toast.

Suddenly, Fred and George sat down with them, looking cheerful as ever.

Fred grinned at the four of them. "Cheer up, dynamic quartet."

"You look as if Dumbledore's not coming back." George said, picking up some scrambled egg with his golden fork.

Ron looked incredulously at his brothers. "What are you two so happy about?"

Fred's grin stretched even further across his face, mischief gleaming in his eyes. "Well, since the old hag has decided to take Quidditch and our dear Headmaster away from us, we decided to declare war on her."

Robyn swallowed thickly, the pumpkin juice not going down as smoothly as it usually did, and ended up sputtering out a "What?!" at them.

"No, you mustn't. Things are as bad enough as it is." Hermione hissed, looking at the twins as though the idea was ludicrous.

"Don't worry about us, we don't care about being expelled anymore." George said offhandedly

"We'd leave right now if we weren't determined to begin phase one of 'Operation Dumbledore Strikes Back.'"

Hermione was still looking at the Weasley twins as though they were committing the biggest crime by leaving school early. "But you can't drop out of school! What'll you do afterwards?"

"Again, friend of friends, already taken care of. We already have a shop in Diagon Alley with our names on it. Paid for and everything. We just need to do our final test on some of our more brilliant ideas." George said coolly as he and Fred smirked at each other, mischief and excitement even more present on their faces the more they talked about it.

"Which brings us right back to 'Operation Burn Umbridge at the Stake.'"

"'Operation Dumbledore Strikes Back,' you mean." George corrected and Robyn was oddly reminded of Hermione.

"Whatever." Fred shrugged.

Slightly intrigued, Robyn asked; "How did you get the Galleons to buy a shop all to yourselves?"

George winked at her. "That is for us to know, and you to guess feebly at. And so dear friends, we go to war. Tell the story as it happens, and let history be the judge."

And as quick as they came, Fred and George were gone. Off they went out of the Great Hall, probably to continue discussing tactics about how to approach Operation: Dumbledore Strikes Back.

Harry couldn't help but smile and Robyn, although deeply saddened to find out they would be leaving, gave an amused giggle as she shook her head.

Hermione sighed but there was a hint of a smile on her disapproving face. "Good luck."

>>>

Robyn found herself in the library alone. The trio were back in the Common Room doing homework but Robyn, who found the Common Room too noisy, left for the silence of the library to continue writing up her essays.

Robyn looked up as a loud clatter of books falling to the floor could be heard.

Just ahead of her stood a shocked and bewildered Noah, the books he had been carrying lying on the floor in a heap.

Madam Pince had shushed Noah harshly but it went unnoticed by the Ravenclaw as he continued to stare at Robyn.

Robyn's heart gave a terrified leap but she forced her face into a harsh glare before looking down to continue writing her essay.

Truth be told, Robyn had spent many, many months avoiding Noah and since the trio had found out, they had made sure the two never crossed paths which Robyn was immensely grateful for.

But after a few months, it seemed Noah was too busy to try to hunt Robyn down as he was in the year above and was under much more pressure.

But the boy was very shocked to see the stunning brunette Gryffindor, expecially on her own, so he took the chance to straighten his robes and walk over to her, his nerves building.

"Robyn, hey." Noah greeted in his Bulgarian accent as he took a seat opposite Robyn, forgetting about his books on the floor.

Robyn gave a huff but continued to ignore him, scribbling furiously on her parchment, stopping only when she needed to re-dip her quil in ink.

Noah sighed and smiled at her stubbornness. He supposed he deserved it after what he did. "Look, I'm sorry. I overstepped the boundaries big time. I shouldn't have done what I did."

Noah tapped his foot impatiently. "I know you're going out with Harry," a look of heartbreak had overtook his face. "So I promise not to try anything again. Can we just try being friends again?"

After a moment of deafening silence, Robyn finally looked up, a fierceness shining in her eyes and it was edging out in her voice. "No, we can not try to be friends. Now I suggest you leave before I do something I regret or worse, Harry finds out you've been talking to me. You'll be sorry if he does and I just might happen to forget to reach out and stop him." Maliciousness and venom laced her voice and it was enough for Noah to gulp nervously.

He nodded, stood up, collected his books and left, his shoulders hunched sadly. But he was determined. He would get Robyn to forgive him.

Robyn glared angrily after him. Who did he think he was? After what he had done, he wanted forgiveness? Robyn had never heard of something so absurd but that still didn't stop the feeling of guilt weighing down her heart.

Robyn shook her head, trying to clear it. She put her head down and continued to work.

It wasn't until she was nearly completed with all her work was it when another disruption came.

Draco Malfoy strutted in, his two goons, Crabbe and Goyle, cracking their knuckles menacingly behind him.

Draco walked over to Robyn's desk which shocked the girl completely. Draco was smirking, his eyes gleaming with malicious intent and Robyn let the clear distaste for the boy cover her face.

"Robyn." Draco said in his usual tired drawl.

Robyn glared at Malfoy. "What do you want?"

Draco raised his hands in mock surrender but amusement was etched in his smirk and Crabbe and Goyle laughed. "Well I've been meaning to ask you about a few events that occurred last year."

Robyn continued to glare at Malfoy, the venom in her voice not faltering. "And what would you know about the events of last year?"

Robyn had a sneaking suspicion of what events Malfoy was going on about and felt her stomach drop.

"Oh, you know just the fact that you were put under the Imperius curse." Malfoy continued to smirk and the fact that Malfoy had said it so casually was unnerving to Robyn.

Robyn felt her heart beat speed up. How did Malfoy find out? Did anyone else know?

Robyn forced out a humourless laugh. "Don't be ridiculous. I know you must be keen to follow in your father's footsteps but not everything has to do with the Dark Arts, you know."

It seemed Robyn had hit a nerve as Crabbe and Goyle made a move to advance on her but Draco held out his arms, halting them in their movement.

Malfoy sneered at Robyn. "As if you know anything about my family."

Then a malicious amusement took over Malfoy's face. "Have you figured out who did it? Have you and that idiot Dumbledore pieced it together yet?"

Robyn's glare faltered long enough for Draco to notice.

Robyn clenched her fists at what Malfoy had called Dumbledore and restrained from pulling out her wand. She didn't want to get a detention.

He raised an eyebrow and turned to Crabbe and Goyle. "She doesn't know."

And as if Malfoy had cracked a joke, the two Slytherin body guards burst out laughing but was soon silenced by Madam Pince.

Robyn felt her stomach roll and the hairs on the back of her neck stand up.

She shook it off. Malfoy was winding her up. He wasn't being serious. He couldn't know who did it. If Albus Dumbledore didn't know, Malfoy certainly couldn't.

"I already told you, I have no idea what you're going on about. I wasn't put under any curse last year. You really think Dumbledore would let that happen?" Robyn lied smoothly, all the while her mind reeling with questions.

Malfoy turned back to her, his grey eyes taunting her. "Fine, deny it all you want but I know. And I would watch your back if I were you," Malfoy was suddenly sneering again. "And watch who you get close too."

Robyn clearly knew Draco didn't care for her at all by the look of hatred he was sending her. His last line was merely meant to put her on edge. And it worked.

Feeling sick, and her mind racing enough to make her dizzy, Robyn stood up and collected her belongings.

"It shouldn't be me who should be watching my back. I'm not the one who is connected to Voldemort. So maybe you should watch your back, unless you want to find yourself in trouble with him. It would be most awful if something happened to your family."

And with that said to Malfoy, Robyn only saying it knowing it would piss Malfoy off, Robyn stalked out of the library, feeling more scared and confused than ever in her life...

(Enjoy! Until next time.)

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

1.1K 47 46
Haunted by her second year and now with a murderer on the loose, Gwenevere Everill finds herself facing more battles that she does not think she can...
56.8K 1.4K 43
A story where the reader is 19(legal) and fall in love with her professor, read to see what happens next! I don't own any of the characters they all...
176K 3.2K 29
when and accident involving a time turner and a few idiots sends 5 teenagers far into the futures, they discover secrets about one another, and how d...
28.2K 895 11
ʙ ᴏ ᴏ ᴋ ᴛ ᴡ ᴏ ❝ ...and that's a good lesson to learn in life. Let go. ❞ {Golden Era} {Harry Potter} {Averly Malfoy} {Year 5 - Order of The Phoenix} ...