Defying Gravity (Reverse Rise...

By starlight_splash

Gideon Southeast together with his half-sister Pacifica Pines get shipped off to a sleepy little town in Oreg... More

Introduction
Prologue
A/N: Just Fan arts
Episode list
Episode 1 Winter Weirdness
Episode 1 part 1 WW
Episode 1 Part 2 WW
Episode 1 part 3 WW
Episode 1 part 4 WW
Episode 1 part 5 WW
Episode 1 part 6 WW
Episode 2 The Paz That Wreck The Ship
Episode 2 part 1 PWS
Episode 2 part 2 PWS
Episode 2 Part 4 PWS
Episode 2 Part 5 PWS
Episode 2 part 6 PWS
Episode 2 part 7 PWS
Episode 2 part 8 PWS
Episode 2 Part 9 PWS
Episode 2 Part 10 PWS
A/N Defying Gravity Bonus Content
A/N Reader's Choice Voting + something else

Episode 2 Part 3 PWS

466 17 5
By starlight_splash

Gideon sat in the midst of the cheering crowd. He had never seen those tricks before. He tried to think how they did it and have thought of an answer. Like they might be using mirrors, strings, projectors and some other things. Still, he couldn't cease to be amazed. He tried not to show his amazement to his sister, which was successful.

And there's a new thing bothering Gideon.

Why was Dipper staring at them?

Dipper seemed to be confused with a mix of irritation when he looked at them. From time to time Dipper would glance at him making him really uncomfortable

"Stand up everyone!" Dipper said cheerfully.

And so they did.

"Wah... How did he?" Gideon was confused.

"Now my dear sister and I will take a peek on your past and future" He announced "I will choose six people whose future will be revealed."

Gideon chant ' don't pick me ' again and again in his mind.

"Close your eyes and wait for a tap on your shoulder. If you get tapped, then please sit down" The crowd did what they were told to. Gideon waited anxiously for the tap. He heard a clap, then felt the tap. He quickly sat and opened his eyes. A lot of people had already seated and only six remained. That was really fast and you couldn't even see a trace of the person who tapped you.

He looked at the stage, seeing two tables and a crystal ball on top of each. He looked besides him and saw Pacifica still standing with her eyes closed.

"To those who are still standing, please open your eyes and come to the stage" Dipper said. Pacifica opened her eyes with a huge smile on her face. She hurriedly went to the stage like the others did.

"Let's see how this will go"Gideon said aloud, watching his sister shaking hands with Dipper.

"Let me Guess... Your name is Pacifica right?" Pacifica's eyes gleamed in amazement.

"How did you do that?" she said as Dipper chuckled. Gideon rolled his eyes. Her name was knitted into her scarf. Pacifica was the last in line and sat in front of Mabel. Dipper guided her to Mabel.

Pacifica sat in front of Mabel and the crystal ball. She looked at Mabel's calm and serious face. Pacifica looked at the crystal ball instead because her eyes couldn't handle the tension.

"Look into my eyes and give me your hand" Pacifica did what she was told. Looking into Mabel's piercing eyes really made her gulp.

"Guess I'll have to do it without the amulet" Mabel whispered to herself not letting Pacifica hear. Mabel looked at Pacifica's palms reading it. "For you, I will do a different process"

"Your 12 if my guess is correct and you have a brother, who was sitting besides you. You are a very cheerful girl and an animal lover" she said. Pacifica looked at her with awe. Mabel already knew this stuff and didn't need her amulet. She then took out the tarot cards. "Let us use this to have a more accurate view of your past present and future"

~~~~~~~

Gideon watches his sister and Mabel talk while she plays with some cards. He noticed that Mabel was really different from her brother. She gave a more mysterious vibe that could actually give you the chills just by looking into her eyes, but  he couldn't get his eyes off her. There was something odd about her too, like he had seen her before.

Pacifica stood up and went back to her seat. The twins announced for a short break. A confused look and a bit of fear with it. She sat down with her heads in the clouds again.

"Pacifica?" He shook her, but got no response. "Am I still talking to someone?"

"I-I'm sorry Gideon. It's just... Don't be so reckless and I'll try to be careful" she said, which was out of her character "she also guessed everything perfectly"

"... We just came here not to long ago, how could she possibly get a hold of our information" He said since he had also guessed that most of the people are citizens of Gravity Rises. "I still believe that they're fakes, at least, Dipper is"

"Why's that?"

"Dipper has been all over the world, and some of his tricks were predictable, but Mabel's seemed to do the same. Most of it was just– too hard to believe, but her fortune telling might tell us otherwise" he explained. "I also need to use the bathroom now"

Gideon walked and searched for a portable potty in the dark. He had to hurry up before the break was finished. Nature is calling him, but he won't do it there. He suddenly heard a loud slam and shouting that made him freeze in his place. He saw two figures fighting behind the tent and despite that he felt the need to hide, without thinking he went closer to hear more.

"There must be a reason why we can't read their mind! One of them must have an amu-"

"Shut up Dipper"

"Don't try to shut me! I won't believe any of your twisting words! What if they steal my - afrmgh!" The other seemed to be covering his mouth

"Who's there" Gideon flinched and the figure approaches him. The tent opened, revealing the twins. Mabel was the one who opened it and both of them narrowed their eyes, but Dipper glared at him.

"Came to moc-"

"Zip it Dip" She hissed "What did you come here and what do you need?"

"I-I just wanted to know where's the bathroom"Gideon left the part of what he heard. Mabel was suspicious of him.

"Liar! You just want to kno-"

"Can it will ya" Mabel said not even making an irritated face. Dipper began to mumble and Mabel just signed "The portable is on the other side of the tent"

"T-thank you"

"I'm sorry about my twin. He's just irritated that I'm better than him"

"No I'm not! Stop trying to make yourself look better"

"Why try? I simply am " Mabel said and just laughed in her head at how Dipper is the one making her look better.

Dipper began to stomp his way out. Mabel was expressionless, but she was certainly making fun of his childish actions, she really likes irritating him. All throughout the show, she only gave a dead pan look all day. She gave a mysterious vibe, but Gideon thought-

A smile would suit her better.

"I'll be going" He said and hurriedly went away. He was officially confused of Dipper. He really is wearing a facade. When he got back, they already started. His eyes were now more glued than before. Both of their eyes would occasionally glow a bit and strands of Mabel's hair were slowly becoming white but it wasn't noticeable enough.

Was there something happening behind those curtains?

~~~~~

"That was totally amazing! I wonder why Grunkle Fidds didn't want us to go?" Pacifica said. Well... More like shouted

"Probably because the show stealing his thunder. Another way to trick the oblivious people into spending their money." Gideon said to her.

"It really was interesting, couldn't even tell if it was real or not" Melody said

"It was fake, there has to be a way they did all those tricks"

"Well, I think they were real physics. Their show was spectacular and magical! Dipper even stared at both of us!!" Pacifica happily said "It was really strange that he didn't read out our minds"

Gideon was still bothered by it. Why would Dipper stare at them like that and get angry with him during the break?

"Yeah... But what did Mabel say to you?"the smile from Pacifica's face vanished

"She guessed a lot of things right, but her vision of the future...." Pacifica paused for a moment and hesitated to say it. She still spilled it "She said that great danger shall befall us that only a strong force can defy it. By the end of the winter there are only two paths that could happen, Either the dreading destiny or a peaceful life. Right now, that dreading destiny is the one winning"

"That's something unexpected, Is that every word she said?" Melody asked and Pacifica shook her head.

"I couldn't understand what she meant... But there's this other thing. She said that if I ever get into danger, I will be saved by someone who was just saving their self. That someone will do it again, but if that dreading fate comes, that person won't be able to help"

"L-like I had said, they're fakes and we shouldn't believe them" Gideon felt scared when she said that and wanted to think positive for once "Even if it was real, that peaceful life would be picked"

"Your brother is right" Melody wanted to lighten up the mood. Pacifica smiled at her. "And don't tell the old man we went here okay"

The two nodded and headed their way back to the Museum

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

160K 4K 38
Cover by: @BasicNerdLife Pacifica Southeast is coming to Gravity Falls and is planning to stay there for a whole summer with her uncle and cousin. Pa...
12.9K 281 41
Recently moving into Reverse Falls,Pacifica Southeast develops a crush on Dipper Gleeful but at the same time starts to investigate the strange myste...
258K 7.3K 39
Reverse Falls AU! WE NEED MORE OF THESE,PEOPLE! The Gleeful twins,Dipper and Mabel,head out to Gravity Falls,Oregon to uncover the town's secrets and...
74.7K 4.2K 125
All ten members of the Cipher Wheel are now inside Gravity Rises. Ideally, that would mean the end of Bill Cipher - but the demon has plans of his ow...