reef knot

By minghaoburgers

「i'm here to protect you, not to be your friend.」 ©minghaoburgers + note that this is not a taegi fic !! wi... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-three
twenty-four
final

twenty-two

3.5K 186 178
By minghaoburgers

early update cause i probably won't have time to update tmr :<

+

July 17, 2018, 8 p.m.

It's as if Yoongi never existed. 

His old number is no longer in use, and no one knows where he went. He could have stayed in Daegu, he could have brought his grandmother someplace else in Korea - or maybe he isn't even in Korea anymore. Judging from his intellect, it's probably either the second or third option.

As time passed, life got busier, and soon, I started thinking about Yoongi lesser and lesser. 

School resumed in the second week of January. Taehyung insisted on paying for all my school fees, and so to ease his financial burden, I enrolled myself into a neighborhood university even though it didn't offer much educational opportunities. 

However, the school was pretty far away from Taehyung's apartment (that eventually became my apartment as well), and so I got myself a room at a frat house in the university, so I could save travel time in the morning. 

Despite having secured a position in one of the most prestigious med schools in Seoul, Taehyung decided to give up his slot and enroll into the same university as me, just so he could look out for me better. 

After Yoongi left, Taehyung became the one constantly taking care of me and protecting me, as if it were his unspoken promise to my green-haired ex-bodyguard. He applied for a room too, but got assigned to a different frat house instead. Nevertheless, he would make the effort to stop by at least once a day just to check on how I'm doing, regardless of how busy he was. 

The only days that we don't see each other are when either of us go overseas - which is pretty seldom - or when I don't feel like seeing him - which is pretty seldom too. 

Gradually, my feelings for Yoongi fade, though I still miss him a ton. I brought the unicorn, EXO album and Baekhyun standee to my frat room when I first moved in, but decided to leave his cassette in Taehyung's apartment. Too many tears whenever I listen to it. 

Soon, a month passes, then two, and before I know it, it's already been one and a half years.

I never see Hoseok and Namjoon again - I heard Hoseok went to some dance school in Gwangju, while Namjoon miraculously got accepted into Harvard on a scholarship. Without the help of his two most worthy underlings, Jung Minho didn't dare come after us again, and it seems that that would be the last we would ever see of our worst enemy. 

Jungkook and Seokjin call from time to time, promising to visit soon, though 'soon' never came. I can understand though; they're probably really busy. Jungkook's still a sophomore like me, while Seokjin's undergoing training in the world's most famous culinary school. I'm really happy for them though - at least their lives of violence and bloodshed are gone. 

Meanwhile, Jimin got himself a girlfriend - apparently a colleague from work - which means he calls me even seldom than he used to. I hear from him only once every two months, or maybe even less. Not that I mind; I probably wouldn't have the time to talk much either even if he did call. 

And Taehyung is... still the same old Taehyung, I guess.

"GUESS WHO BROUGHT TEN PINTS OF ICE-CREAM!" he exclaims, barging into the room without even a slightest knock.  

I groan, slightly fidgeting in my position on the mattress as I curl my chest even closer to my knees. My hand squeezes my pelvic area, and judging from my look of extreme discomfort, Taehyung can probably already tell what's up. 

"Oh no," his voice is soft, almost fearful, "not this again." 

"Hey, can you do me a favor?" I ask him gently, voice constrained. 

"If it's anything to do with you being horny and needing a hand, then yes," he winks, closing the room door behind him as he places the ice-cream into the mini freezer beside my study table. 

I roll my eyes, giving him a cold glare. 

He laughs at my reaction. "It's not like I have a choice, do I?" he mutters, shutting the freezer as he turns back to face me. 

"I ran out of pads," I pout with my eyes scrunched together in pain, complexion almost ashen. "Can you go get me some? Pr-pretty please?"

He groans. "You've got to be kidding me. Can't you get one of your frat-mates to do it?"

"Just go get it," I snap, my left fist squeezing the sheets beneath me. "I'll pay you."

"It's not about money," he mumbles, "it's about ego." 

"I'M DYING ALREADY," I yell suddenly, and for a moment, the pain goes away. 

"QUIT OVARY ACTING!" Taehyung argues with a pun, but reluctantly heads out the room with a sulk on his face before I can tell him how bad the joke actually is. 

Because there's a mini supermarket within the campus itself, it only takes ten minutes before Taehyung returns to the room again, with two grocery bags in each of his hands, and three more hanging from each arm. 

"I didn't know which brand or length you wanted, so I got one of each," he says proudly, and if it weren't for the excruciating pain, I would have slammed his head into a wall. "Did you know that there are actually oreo-scented pads?!" he exclaims in fascination, placing the bags down by the bathroom door. 

I groan in exasperation, but force out a 'thank you' anyways. Those pads could last me for a lifetime. 

"Are you still alive?" Taehyung asks, climbing into bed beside me and wrapping his arms around my waist, snuggling his head into the crook of my neck. "Do you need anything? Chocolate? Milk? Me?" 

"Anything but you," I groan, and he laughs, further tightening his embrace around me. 

"I like how you're finally not complaining about my hugs anymore," he smiles into my hair, deep voice filling my ears.

"It's because I have no energy to complain," I weakly retort, wanting to go to the bathroom but not finding the energy to move.

"Just admit that you love me," he smirks while tucking a loose strand of hair behind my ear. 

I roll my eyes, though a small smile appears on my face. "Hey, Tae?"

"Hm?"

"Why are you doing so much for me?" I mumble amidst the pain, and he exhales a gentle chuckle. 

"Because I like you."

I roll my eyes, already long used to Taehyung's random actions and words of affection. "Yeah, yeah," I entertain him. 

However, he doesn't laugh it off like he usually does. "I'm serious," his voice is solemn in my ear.

My heart skips a beat, and somehow, I find myself flushing. It's just your hormones, I try to convince my subconscious. 

"Don't joke around with these kind of things, Tae," I brush it off like I always do, my voice a bare whisper. "The last time someone told me that, he left the next day," I exhale a brief laugh, mocking myself. 

"I'm serious," my brown-haired friend repeats, and my heart quickens its pace once again. "It doesn't matter if you still have feelings for Yoongi. I'll wait." 

The topic ends there, silence bridging the gap between us. Though I'm already used to Taehyung hugging me to sleep - dang, we've even kissed once during a spin-the-bottle game at a party some months ago - but I've always thought that all these are just play to him. 

It occurs to me that I've never seen Kim Taehyung so serious before.

"I won't force you to like me back," he suddenly continues, "but I'll try everything I can to make you as happy as Yoongi did to you." 

"Maybe you already do," I whisper softly, yet loud enough for him to hear. 

I feel him stiffen against my back at those words, but relaxes again one moment later. "Don't joke around with these kind of things, Ji," he quotes me, and I feel his small smile against my cheek. 

I used to think Kim Taehyung would be a really easy person to read. Yet, as I get to know him better and better, I realize that his cheerfulness may just be a mask he forces himself to put on everyday. Who knows what may be underneath that facade. With Kim Taehyung, you never know what's coming next. 

"Hey, wanna hear a joke?" he laughs softly, returning to his normal self. 

I roll my eyes. "Not like I have a choice," I mumble.

"Why did my mom always make me sleep outside of the house as a kid?" he asks, pausing so I can answer, but quickly continues a moment later, already predicting that my reply won't come. "Because she wanted me to be an outstanding person," he laughs stupidly. "Get it?!" 

I groan at his lame joke, though a small smile still forms on my face. "You suck, Tae," my eyes roll upward. 

"Love you too, Bloodass," he lets out a little chuckle at my newly-created nickname. 

And that's when I feel the wetness that's pooling around my thighs and upper butt. "It's been overflowing this whole time and you didn't tell me?!" I exclaim, pulling myself away from Taehyung's arms and running straight to the bathroom, quickly grabbing a pack of pads before closing the door behind me. 

"I just wanted some more time with you alone!" he yells from the other side of the door, and I can't help but laugh. 

"You get that every day!" I retort.

"Doesn't mean I don't want more, Bloodass!" he snaps, before bursting into laughter. "Shit, 'Bloodass' is such a cool nickname. I am a genius." 

"Shut up!" I snap with a laugh, chucking my used and full pad into the bin while shoving my underwear and pants into the shower.

I hear him chuckle softly from the bedroom, and the conversation ends there. It's only when I've finished changing my pad and washing the bloodstains off my clothes, that he starts talking again.

"Hey, Ji?" he calls my name to grab my attention. 

"Hm?" I hum while drying my hands, preparing to go back to the bedroom. 

"Can I stay the night?" he asks, and I scoff. 

"As if you would obediently go home even if I said 'no'." 

+

hi friends it's already 43 minutes past midnight here and i'm still writing holy shit thank god there's no school tomorrow

spider man homecoming was so good though oml

tom holland is frickin hot and the plot twist damnnnnnn *whistles*

;minghaoburgers

p.s. two more chapters before end of story excluding epilogue :>

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9K 195 41
- ✯ "I'm hidden." Choi Sohee has a terrible secret, one that could cost her her life. Then she meets Jung Hoseok again as a new person, and soon she...
1M 42.4K 50
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
9.5K 691 23
In which Kim Taehyung finds out he isn't an ordinary human after all. (bts au)
2.1K 301 33
When Kim Namjoon inherits a dysfunctional looking RV from his late grandfather, he is beyond ticked (especially since he can't drive). The RV soon pr...