Everything Cliché (Lesbian St...

By darksideofme17

Two strangers meet by chance and all the cliche in the world happens to them but then again, what's a good st... More

Chapter 1: A Romeo & Juliet-esque cliche
Chapter 2: We Meet Again Cliche
Chapter 3: We Switched Up Phones Cliche Pt 1
Chapter 4: We Switched Up Phones Cliche Part 2
Chapter 5: Let's Pretend to be Girlfriends Cliche
Chapter 6: Let's Pretend to be Girlfriends Part 2
Chapter 7: Meet the Family
Chapter 8: The 'I'm In Love with my Best Friend' Cliche
Chapter 9: I'm Stuck In This One-Sided Love Cliche
Chapter 10: I'm in Denial Cliche
Chapter 11: Just A One Time Thing Cliche
Chapter 12: One Night Stand Cliche
Chapter 13: We Need Time Apart to Sort Our Feelings Cliche
Chapter 14: Things Are Complicated Now
Chapter 16: Our Families Hate Each Other
Chapter 17: A Family Feud
Chapter 18: We Might Be Romeo and Juliet but We're Not Ending in Tragedy
Chapter 19: Us Against the World Cliche
Chapter 20: Hold My Hand, Never Let Me Go
Chapter 21: Be Here With Me
Chapter 22: Silence Is Deafening
Chapter 23: If This Was A Movie
Chapter 24: Unravelling The Web Of Lies
Chapter 25: Betray the Ones You Love
Chapter 26: Kiss Me Goodbye
Chapter 27: Fight For Love
Chapter 28: Reconciliation
Chapter 29: Whatever Happens, We Face It Together
Chapter 30: Our Road to Happy Ever After

Chapter 15: I'm Sorry It Took Long For Me To Realize

3.6K 194 1
By darksideofme17

Amelia walks into the bar to find the place packed as always. She weaves through the crowd, excusing herself as she tries to get to the counter as fast as she can. Once she finally finds her way, she breathes a sigh of relief when she sees her flipping bottles and entertaining the patrons and new customers at the bar. She smiles at the smile Maxie has on her face as she does her tricks, no doubt getting tips from everyone. 

Amelia makes her way near the bar when a girl with dyed blonde hair motion the bartender closer, she sees the way the girl whisper something in Maxie's ear before putting a 100 dollar bill on the girl's pocket. She witnesses Maxie give a smile to the blonde girl and she doesn't like it. She wants that smile to be directed at her but she can't think that way. She still needs to tell Maxie her feelings and she has to make a move now before anyone else does. 

She stands, since every bar stool is taken, at the end of the table and waits for the bartender to take notice. She doesn't mean to listen in on the conversation of the 3 girls to her right but she can't help herself when she hears the words 'bartender' and 'going home tonight'. She frowns as the blonde girl confidently states she's going to have a good night with the cute bartender. She's about to tell the girl off when Maxie gets near them and she finally take notice of her. She sees Maxie's amber eyes widen in surprise to see her standing there at the end of the bar table when she's supposed to be on a date, sees the smile makes its way to those lips before walking towards her and Amelia won't lie when she felt proud that the bartender ignored the 3 girls vying for her attention. Amelia is starting to get nervous as Maxie gets closer to her and the glaring looks thrown at her from the blonde girl and her minions is not helping.

"Hey you. I'm surprised to see you here." Maxie greets her, leaning against the bar top with that damn smile of hers. "Where's Marco?" She doesn't miss the venom laced in the guy's name as Maxie looks around as if trying to find him.

"I ditched him." Amelia answers getting another surprised look from the girl. "I've realized something and it didn't feel right to be with him." She says and she can hear the crack in her voice as she prepares to confess. "Maxie, there's something I need to tell you." She takes a deep breath, ready to just blurt it out when she's interrupted by the blonde.

"Excuse me. I believe miss bartender's time is mine." The blonde girl announces in an annoying voice that makes Amelia wants to punch her.

"Miss bartender has a name and you don't own her time." Amelia bites back sweetly. She almost shivers when an evil grin takes over the girl's lips.

"I've paid her for her time so I own it." The blonde states and she sees Maxie sigh before turning to the girl. "And I intend to get to know her intimately." The girl whispers to her and she didn't miss the innuendo. It fuels her anger, she's close to really punching the smirk off the girl's face when she sees Maxie placing the dollar bill back on the top in front of the blonde.

"Sorry but my time is only meant for her." Maxie tells her and Amelia swears she can see how red the blonde's face at the anger and possibly embarrassment. Maxie doesn't even bother looking at the girl as she says something to Lori. 

Amelia watches her walk around the bar table, lets the girl take her hand and lead her out of the crowd and not a glance back to the fuming blonde. She lets the raven haired girl take her to wherever she deems private and is just happy to have her hand around her wrist. They finally stop when they are far from the bar enough to not get disturbed.

"Maxie." She starts but sees Maxie signalling her to stay quiet and she complies. Maxie smiles as she takes her hand. Lacing their fingers and they start walking down the street. This, Amelia thinks to herself, is what I should feel around someone. She smiles to herself as she feels the warmth of the girl's hand against her clammy ones.

"Just for tonight. Let me pretend you're mine." She hears Maxie whisper making her look at the girl who is already looking at her. She knows this is her chance, she has to tell her but her mind has decided to shut down and all the things she badly wants to say are long gone. "Just for tonight." When words fail her, Amelia resorts to actions. She tugs on the other girl's hand to stop her from walking, waits for Maxie to look at her before she leans up and connects their lips. She feels Maxie tense against her but she doesn't pull back instead she snakes her other hand up the other girl's neck and pulls her closer. She finally feels the girl kiss her back before pulling away, resting their foreheads together.

"Not just for tonight." Amelia shakes her head and feels the frown on Maxie's forehead. "I don't want this to just be for tonight." She looks into amber eyes, swirling with different emotions from confusion to hope. "I'm so sorry it took me this long to accept my feelings. I'm sorry that I hurt you. I'm sorry that I ran away." She whispers, placing her hand on Maxie's cheeks. "I should have never ran when I started to realize how I feel for you. I like you Maxie. I know I've hurt you and I took you for granted but I'm hoping you'll still take me. No more running." She feels a tear escape at the emotions about to burst out of her chest. Maxie stays silent and she suddenly fears she's taken too long and her chance is gone. She's about to pull away when she feels arms wrap around her, pulling her close and hugging her tight.

"You have no idea how happy I am right now." She hears Maxie whisper against her shoulder. She smiles hugging the girl back. "We'll give us a chance then?" The girl asks and squeeze her.

"Yes." Her answer is simple but it's enough to bring a bright smile to Maxie's and her face as the girl pulls away enough to give them an inch of space.

"Is that why you left your date?" Maxie inquires, amber eyes shining with happiness. She nods in affirmation and feels her cheek hurting from the smile currently on her face.

"It didn't feel right being with him when all I want is to be with you." She explains caressing the girl's cheek. "Maxie, I'm sorry for being an idiot." She says solemnly and gets a head shake from the girl.

"You're here now. That's more important." Maxie tells her pulling her impossibly closer. The people, the cars, everything disappears as she takes in the loving emotion in those eyes, the warmth of the body pressed up against her. Amelia finds the weight on her chest lift as they lean in closing the miniscule gap between them.

Happiness. The only emotion Maxie can describe how she's feeling right now. Blissful. Whatever it is. Nothing can keep her smile off of her face as she holds the girl she likes in a middle of a slightly busy street. She wants to pinch herself to make sure this isn't a dream and to avoid waking up disappointed. She does pinch herself, yelping at the real pain. This is real. She thinks to herself and looks back at Amelia who's giving her a funny look.

"Did you just pinch yourself?" The girl asks in amusement.

"I just wanted to make sure this isn't some dream my mind conjured up." She explains grinning dumbly. The laughter that reaches her ear makes her heart speed up.

"Dork." Amelia mutters hitting her jokingly at her shoulder before smiling at her once again.

"A dork that you like." She teases resting her forehead against Amelia's. "You're hot when you're jealous by the way." She adds getting a groan and blush from the brown haired girl. "I like it." She whispers seriously. A furious blush covers the girl's face, even up to her ear. She pulls away taking her hand into hers and start walking back to the direction of the bar. "Let's go back shall we?" She asks and gets a nod.

They walk back to the bar hand in hand and it doesn't take long before Lori takes notice. Maxie sees her friend's eyes lock on their intertwined hands, sees the seething blonde girl from before but all of them fade away as she guides them through the crowd. She lets Amelia get behind the bar as she approaches her friend whose eyebrow is already raising in question.

"I'll explain tomorrow. Right now I have to go home." She whispers getting her jacket from behind the counter.

"Fine. Jacob is here anyway. Go be with your girlfriend." Lori whispers in false annoyance. Girlfriend, the word strikes her. They have told each other they have mutual feelings but they never did discuss about labels. With that in thought she takes Amelia's hand once again and leads her out of the bar for the second time that night. They can talk about what to call them later, right now she just wants to get out of the bar and be alone with Amelia for the rest of the night.

"Where are we going?" She hears Amelia asks as she leads them down the street.

"To our first date." She answers looking back to smile at her. "If I'm gonna make you my girlfriend, I want to show you how a date should be like." She adds looking back straight ahead. Amelia is now walking beside her and she can't wait to officially ask her to be her girlfriend. Despite not hoping, she still made mental notes of where to take Amelia if this day would ever come and it's still surreal to her.

"We don't need to go on a date. I thought we're already girlfriends." Amelia mutters beside her, she looks at her and smile.

"Yes we told each other that we like each other more than friends but neither of us asked to be the other's girlfriend." She reasons as she sees the place. "I want to do this right. I want to do right by you." She says firmly stopping at the door.

"I should be the one doing that." Amelia replies looking confusedly at the door then back to her. "Where are we?"

"It's a secret." Maxie teases. "Do you trust me?" She asks seriously and feels relief at the quick nod of the girl.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

154K 3.8K 25
Why are the Boys the bad one? Why is the Girl the good one? Not in this story. #projectgoodboy
Never Heard By Mary

Teen Fiction

3.6K 260 56
Louise just transferred schools and is ready to start a brand new journey. Is it going to be a good one or another "cliche" high school musical story...
285 6 29
[a bad boy and good girl story] just a guy at school, Boyfriend was certainly someone. despite being rough around the edges and tries to act all 'coo...
801 8 46
It's the age old story. Boy meets girl. Boy and girl become best friends. Everyone around said boy and girl want them to be together. Boy and girl ar...