Goddess assassin (BOOK ONE)

By hiddensouth

My name. Well that's classified Know My history. Expect to die Disrespect me. The pain will thrive. Afte... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
CHAPTER 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
CHAPTER 28
chapter 29
Chapter 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
Character summery
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
Chapter 50
CHAPTER 51
Epilogue of book 1

CHAPTER 34

21.4K 692 29
By hiddensouth

Chapter 34

Jessica's pov

"Max... Max... MAX!"

I repetitively say knocking on his door.

The handle slowly turns revealing a sleepy max.

"Come for a run with me I need to talk to you." I give him a look when he is about to refuse.

Walking down the stair case I can feel his presence behind me. Bringing caring memories back to my mind of how he used to spend time with me.

When we're outside he shifts into his wolf and tilts his head asking why I wasn't changing.

"I do not change my form in front of people only those who deserve it the most or are going to die" I say in all seriousness. His wolf rolled his eyes.

I turned and began jogging through the woods with quick agility until I came to a little stream about 5 km west. Around about 15 minuet jog for me. I tilted my head up at to tell my brother to change his skins as he jumps out of the woods.

His wolf stood there stubbornly its black grey fur blending in with the shadows.

"Look this is urgent it's about our assignment but if you want me to do it all that's fine. Im just saying I wont share the money or the credit with you." I said with a bit of irritation.

He remained in his wolf form.

Turning around I began to peel off my own clothes.

"It's not like I haven't seen a dick before and trust me some I have seen are pretty embarrassing." Like Rex's wonky one. I cringe remembering the look of it in the dungeon cells. Mental vomit.

I get around to my bras and undies when I turn around to face him. Extending my arms back I find that he has changed into his human form.

"Stop jess what do you think youre doing! You can't just undress yourself in front of people none the less guys. Please I don't want to see any of that just stop."

His eyes are closed and he is covering his lower Half. You would expect an assassin to be more ruthless.

I roll my eyes.

"Fine but will you at least open your eyes and look at me. It's basic etiquette.

He accepts opening his eyes but making sure they stay glued to the top of my head.

This wasn't going to work. I needed his full attention.

I look down at the stream and even though I say stream it is more like a deep lake that continues to slowly run through the forest.

I start making my way further into the water leaving behind the black baggy clothes I put on before coming.

"Where are you going?" He called out to me looking in the opposite direction.

Somewhere we can talk now get your ass in hear. He understood what I meant and I think he felt mildly relieved.

When my body was fully submerged I had to try my hardest to slow down the change. My toes slowly growing scales.

"We need to keep an eye on Ryan. Jacob told me the voice recorder was linked to his phone so I think that may be a possible lead. We need to solve this by Monday because the packs going to be looking for their alpha I'm not dumb enough not to believe they wont. Which leads me to you. Have you found anything else out?"

He looks stunned by my little speech completely agreeing with me. Even though our task was to eliminate Sam we both knew he wasn't the main guy to the missing girl case event though he has been selling a few off.

"Yeah apparently another lot of girls were taken around some sort of strippers club and have been sold around two days ago. I'll go check the schools cameras you check the pack house seems it's linked to your phone. Then we will meet back here and discuss what where going to do next."

He said completely in the zone forgetting that he was naked and I was half undressed.

my feet were now turning into fins and I needed to get out of the water before he began to notice anything.

Rising up after we slowly went back to the bank of the water. I asked if he was coming he was swimming over and said hed be back soon after I was gone to go back home by himself.

Once I was fully out I stood with my back to him waiting for the air to be rid of my scaled feet before removing them from the water.

I could hear his breath being sharply inhaled as I picked up my shirt and lifting my arms up to get into it and I turn around.

"What's wrong?" I asked slightly bothered by his look. It was then that I resized this must be the first time he has seen my scared back and body. Including my thighs.

"Who did that to you jess?" He asked eyes slightly hardening.

I started getting irritated. Why was he beginning to get angry like wtf I'm not that bad?

"Who did what?" I ask in a tone all innocent to try and get him to back off.

He himself seemed more stubborn in the moment as well and persisted on.

"You know what I'm talking about. The scars all over your body."

"It's nothing. Just from the academy" I say going on the defensive I didn't want his pity thinking he would stop I put on my pants.

"No it's not. They may be strict but no one ends up with scars like those."

Steam is practically glowering off of me.

"I don't need your sympathy so leave me alone like you did all those years ago." I say storming off finally breaking into a run straight back to the house.

He was close behind that whole time obviously not wanting to let the subject go. Sadly, he wasn't going to get a note about my scars from me.

"He comes charging in with clothes on five minutes later. Ryan is gone to hell knows where and Mikayla is sitting on the couch eating Doritos and watching my fav show that she has begun to love.

"Jess I'm not letting this drop and I'm not leaving like I did for all those years. Which brings me to the matter of why I did. I'm sorry Jess but our parents were murdered they never died from the stupid accident they made up."

I scoffed at him from the corner of my eye I could tell Mikayla was listening.

He looked a little taken back from my response

"Of course, they didn't die in that accident. Sam flex murdered them right in front of me slit their throats when I was 6. I was bound so tight my wrist bled as I tried to save them. And do you know why he killed them? He did it for some fucked up prophecy and a fake god that's why and as he walked off after doing it I stayed there for hours crying over their dead bodies covered in their blood and dirt from the Forrest until I was forcefully removed by the bastard himself with their last words continually ringing on and on and on and on in my head. But that wasn't the best part. The best part was after all those years you never asked me about them or even brought it up you avoided the subject like the plague. And I was dumb enough to let you keep living your life in ignorance as I tried to protect you from the harsh truth and realities of life up until the moment you left. So, don't you dare go telling me now you left because of that only reason. leaving me when I.." I sigh my anger completely blown over and sadness filling my gut.

My brother who I must admit I have seen cry so many times has tears streaming down his checks.

"Jess I'm sorry I should have"

"Should have what? Told me, taken me with you. You know what yeah you should have because maybe then I would have told you about it all."

I glare at him I once again look over at Mikayla who is crying herself with open shocked eyes at my burst of honesty.

"I've said to much.

I look over at Mikayla and gesture her to come over.

Max stands there in the middle of the kitchen in silence stunned, hurt, shocked full of pain and guilt along with other emotions clouding his face.

Mikayla walks over to me cautiously.

"I know you know of the hidden Rooms and I was wondering if you wanted a little payback on Rex?" I ask her my anger subsiding a little.

She nods and is about to follow me down.

"Is there anything I can do Jess to earn your forgiveness or even for you to see me as your brother again even if you don't like me?" He says the pain deep within his throat.

"I don't know Max I really don't. I probably never will forgive you to be totally honest." I say and walk down the stairs back into the cells with Mikayla on my heels.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

348K 10.9K 62
"No," She stood up straight and took his hand off her thigh. She straightened her dress and began to walk away. He grabbed her wrist and leaned again...
3K 206 24
"You can't tell anyone." His words hit me hard, but I was ready for them. I grimaced slightly, but did my best to hide it as I squeezed my arms in re...
3.6M 90.6K 52
[Read Disclaimer at the end of the description] Created by ElizabethClark9 PLEASE DON'T COPY! "No, I'm not your mate and I never ever will be I rejec...
1.9K 32 20
"I have a partner, you can't stay in the Power Axis pack." Alpha Oswald smirked "I think that's what rejection stands for." I retorted with a wince...