Darker than Voldemort

By Bookworm_Noodle

There's a secret about Voldemort. He has a daughter that was taken away from him. There was a rumor that the... More

Prologue
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
Epilogue?
New Story?
TANKS Y'ALL

1

44K 751 863
By Bookworm_Noodle

  "Albus, don't you think that we should be keeping her safe? To make sure she's not in danger?" asked Minerva McGonagall. She was worried as she has always been for nearly fourteen years now. Fourteen years since the girl in her memory, the baby, was taken by none other than the man beside her.

"No, it will only cause attention and suspicion. Besides, she doesn't even know yet" said Dumbledore. It was simple to keep a secret than to have to risk everything by exposing it. It was better for him if he hid the secret as long as he could and avoiding the trouble that could come out of it. He never blamed himself for it, but blamed her father. He was the reason everything happened.

The old man turned to see one of his top students, Hermione, and saw her eating her food and talking to her friends. She was always either with them or in the library. He felt proud that he had let the boy-who-took-credit come to Hogwarts with his trusted friend Hagrid. It was a part of his perfect plan to fix the wizard world for the greater good.

The woman looked toward the girl and felt frustrated with the older man before her. He was so immature for such an old wizard. He seemed to act wise to students when she knew that he was only traumatizing them with his lies and promises. She believed that was partly the reason that the Dark Lord turned evil. The Headmaster was the reason that the whole entire wizard world was not safe. He made a monster, and would most likely do it again.

"Shouldn't we tell her? She could already start using her powers and she wouldn't know how she has it. And you know she knows everything so she'll want to find, anyways" said Minerva. She had to try to save the girl from becoming a copy of her father. She had to if she wanted to have peace. The world couldn't end. Not to a man without a nose and, thanks to Albus, without a family.

Dumbledore sighed. He knew he had to tell her. His head told him it was the wise thing. That's why it was near the back of his head. He didn't know how he would tell her but knew it should be very soon. She was best friends with the boy that had his parents murdered. She was the daughter of the man that killed them.

Dumbledore knew it wouldn't end well. It just might ruin his plans if she was to react the opposite of his expectations and assumptions. That's what was widely disliked by Minerva. He only ever let his head plan out what he wanted, and not what could happen. He never had his head out of the clouds and only dreamt of a future he would not have. Not with him acting as he was would he ever succeed.

Dumbledore noticed Hermione loudly getting called a mudblood by a Slytherin. Oddly, it wasn't the pale, blonde, Draco Malfoy. It was Millicent Bulstrode, the girl who had nearly choked her to death in their second year at Hogwarts. She didn't care for that word much. Hermione was still really angry that she heard it, though. Dumbledore noticed that she was very angry. "Too angry," he thought in his head.

He saw her eyes starting to turn green. He knew it wasn't good news. He knew that it was time. He tried to convince himself that he had to tell her. No matter how bad he wanted to make the world a better place. He needed to tell her, and fast. He stood up from his chair suddenly, grabbing the attention of only the professors and staff. The students remained inattentive and clueless to their Headmaster.

The old man worried for how she might react when he told her. He was still denying in his head that it had to be done. He couldn't believe it. He saw that her eyes were still fading brighter green, so he rushed between the Gryffindor table and Slytherian table and over to the girl. He quickly told her to follow him as he had stopped near her.

Being the good role model she was, she got up and hurried behind him. Her eyes still glowed, much to his disliking. Fortunately, no one saw them as they left the Great Hall quickly. He led her quickly down the halls and to his office. He no longer worried so much and thought it would be easy to trick her that her father was the bad one and that he was not.

Once he said the password to the entrance, the gargoyles moved aside and let her take a seat in front of his desk. "Miss Granger, have you heard the story about Voldemort's daughter?" asked Dumbledore. She seemed to be surprised by such a question, but not by the name, which she had no fear of. The idea of him, though, was what frightened her. She's read nearly as much books about him as about Hogwarts. She's read nearly the whole school library. "Y-yes. I read about it in a book. It said that people think different things happened to her" said Hermione.

"Yes, that's what they think. But they don't know the truth. They have guessed one thing correct though. That she was sent to the muggle world" said Dumbledore. She was confused. Why was he telling her this? How could this even be true? "The Rise and Fall of He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named" had said that he was last spotted with a baby girl, only a year old, before he disappeared and was thought to be dead, or at least in hiding.

"Really? She was?" asked Hermione. Even if it was true, why does he know? How does he know? The book never mentioned him doing anything. It only said the Dark Lord had disappeared after Harry Potter's parents murdered and the boy himself received a scar."Yes. She was raised by a wonderful family, I'm sure. An only child for good measures. Then she was sent a letter from Hogwarts" said Dumbledore. He thought it was going perfectly according to his plan. He would pull it off and she would be his secret weapon to accomplish his goal to get rid of the Dark Lord and keeping his dark magic secretly to himself for the greater good.

"Really? Did she come?" asked Hermione. Was it possible the Dark Lord's daughter is actually at Hogwarts? Does the girl know who she is? Does she know who her parents are? "Yes, she did. She's a very wonderful girl. Everyone doesn't know who she is. Everyone thinks she's dead or hidden somewhere" said Dumbledore. The Dark daughter was at Hogwarts. Where was she then? Was she in Slytherin like him? Was she as evil as he was?

Hermione thought for a second before saying, "But she's not hiding, is she?" If someone was the Dark Lord's daughter, she would have bragged about it if she was anything like him or the Slytherins. They always like to say how important they are and how high their status was. "No, she's not. She doesn't know it herself. But I think it's time she did" said Dumbledore. It was finally time that she would know. She would find out her true identity and parentage."But, wait. Why are you speaking to me?" asked Hermione. She clearly didn't know what everything he told her just led to. She didn't even think for a second what was about to happen.

"Hermione, dear. You are Voldemort's daughter" said Dumbledore. Hermione's mouth shot open and then her face was blank. She couldn't believe it. This couldn't be true. She was Hermione Jean Granger, a muggle born. He had to be joking. He couldn't be serious about this. Why was he messing with her? The look of his face, though, made her realize it was not a joke. Dumbledore looked at her carefully before continuing. "I know you must feel shocked and maybe a bit scared. He doesn't even know that his daughter's here at Hogwarts. He doesn't know that you're right here" said Dumbledore.

The thought of him being her father wasn't as scary as the thought of everyone finding out. No, at the thought of how it had happened that she didn't even have a dream about it. "H-how was I taken away?" asked Hermione. "Well, you see. With Harry we found him in his house and took him to his aunt and uncle because it was what I thought was the best choice. With you, my dear, it was a little more complicated. We had tried to stop and capture him after he killed Lily and James but it didn't end well.

"We had found him in a house with your mother. We had tried to capture him but he attacked some of the people. We had still tried to get him and my spell hit your mother" said Dumbledore before pausing. This was probably the hardest part in his plan. He struggled to continue right away. "And what happened?" asked Hermione. What could he say that could be worse than him already telling her she's really the Dark Lord's daughter? How much worse can her say get?

"I'm sorry but, she died" said Dumbledore. Hermione's heart sunk. Of all things that he could have said, this one hadn't even occurred in the back of her head. "You killed my mother?" asked Hermione shocked. He, the man before her, had committed a crime as murdering someone? And her own mother? "Y-yes. I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to" said Dumbledore. He thought it would work because she was in Gryffindor. She was only not in Ravenclaw because she was not open minded. He thought that the fact would have helped her believe him. "But you did it. You killed her!" shouted Hermione. She, for one, couldn't believe it.

"Please, Hermione. I didn't mean to. Please, I'm sorry, but can you let me finish the story?" asked Dumbledore. Maybe if he told her a story she would believe him. It would be the truth. Or at least she'll think so. She thought for a second and nodded. She needed an explanation for what she just found out. How could it be that she's the Dark Lord's daughter and not be given anything as proof or something for her to believe it? For her to understand the truth?

"After I accidentally killed her, Voldemort tried to kill me but the others managed to hit him. He was even more weak and had to flee. He went upstairs and up to a room. We followed him and found him in a room. A nursery. He was in front of your crib. He was shouting at us and we cast a spell and he fell in pain. I ran to get to him but instead got you. He was shouting at us to let you go but we left and attacked him again before he apparated somewhere.

"We were thinking where to take you. We knew not to put you with any family that were bad. We thought to put you in the muggle world, so we did. I found the perfect house that had a wonderful couple. They were nice and sweet. I knew they would be perfect so I left you on their doorstep. I gave them a letter that said you were a special girl. That you needed to be cared for.

"I watched them take you inside. I knew I did the right thing" said Dumbledore. Now he told her the story. Or, well, a story. It wasn't fully true, but some actually did happen the night he took her. "The right thing? Y-you killed my mother!" said Hermione. She couldn't believe him. She thought he was supposed to be the good guy here. She thought he was supposed to be doing the right thing and helping people. Was he only just deceiving people when he's really just like the ministry?

"Hermione, I told you I didn't mean to do that. It was an honest mistake!" said Dumbledore. It was an accident that he killed her. He didn't mean to, it was his anger that made him do it. It was his crave for power that made him do it. His obsession for it made him kill her. "But you killed her. You killed her and you don't even care!" said Hermione. He didn't even seem to be sorry for her or his actions. Why would he make people think he's so good? Why would he trick people to be on his side?

"Would you like to see my memory of events?" asked Dumbledore. Maybe if he showed her a false memory he would make her believe. It was his last hope to get her on his side. He needed her to forgive her and join him. He could use her as bait to get her father right where he wants him, and then finally kill him. Then he would rid of the girl. He didn't care about her, it was only about Harry. He was the chosen one. It was his destiny and Dumbledore would help fulfill his goal to make the world better to his liking. Harry would be the one to help him.

Finally, Hermione decided to see nodded. "Come follow me" said Albus leading her over to the pensieve. He has only been in it once, and it was to see if it worked well enough. "Touch it with your finger" said Dumbledore. She did as instructed and reached out her hand towards the liquid looking substance. She's never done it before, but heard about it from Harry. She's even read about it a little and had a better understanding with both the knowledge and the story Harry told when he saw it.

When they touched it, they found themselves at the top of some stairs in house. Hermione was amazed at how they didn't even blink before they got to their new location. At first you could see Voldemort sitting down with his wife. He looked terrible. He looks ill. Something was wrong. She could already tell that he had just came from killing Harry's parents. What happened to him was the effect of his own curse that reflected upon him instead of going to the baby.

The perfect silence of the room was interrupted by the door of the Manor kicked open. She turned towards the sudden disturbance and saw a bunch of people led by Dumbledore enter. They were very much angry with the murderer before them. That's why they came, to kill him. Dumbledore wanted to do it the most. He needed to do it if he was to achieve his goal to make the, or more like his, world better. He would make it his own and would be the most powerful of all the wizards.

Voldemort weakly got in front of his wife in a protective way. He was known a murder but to only the people who truly know him, he cared and would do anything to help his family and friends. Though, he never had a lot of friends when he was in school. The only real ones he had had been his first Death Eaters.  Voldemort had gotten his wand out and pointed it to the Dumbledore standing in front of several people. It was like his own group of Death Eaters, except it was not evil, it was the Order of the Phoenix."Don't try to fight it. It'll just be worse for you" said the memory Dumbledore. To Hermione, it sounded sickening, just like it was to Voldemort.

The injured man didn't back down from his position in front of his wife. He loved her and wouldn't let her die. "I'll fight for my family! You can't stop me from protecting my family!" shouted Voldemort. He, the killer, had known Dumbledore way to well. He knew that the crazy white bearded old wizard was not everything he seemed. He was very good at tricking people, and deceiving them to make them think he was on the good side. To make them think he was good. Voldemort had only ever gone bad because he saw right through the man and decided to act against him and attack everyone who would listen to the old Headmaster.

The Dumbledore before him seemed to have enjoyed that he didn't move. "Have it your way!" shouted memory Dumbledore before both of the two men shouted different incantations and just barely missed each other. The people that came in with Dumbledore shouted their own incantations in attempt to help and kill the dark one but none of them hit Voldemort nor made any difference yet.

When Voldemort finally got hit, he yelled. Dumbledore and the people behind him now aimed their wands at Voldemort's wife. She was looking for something. Her wand. "Don't or you'll meet the same fate as his will be" " said memory Dumbledore. She looked at Voldemort who was mouthing something. "Don't." She looked at her wand that was on the floor near her feet and then up at memory Dumbledore.

She tried to quickly grab her wand to defend herself and her husband. Unfortunately, everyone, except for a lady next to Dumbledore, cast different incantations and she resulted falling on the floor, bleeding. Somehow she was still alive after all of them. It was because none were cruel enough to use an unforgivable. The leader of the group, however, kept his wand pointed as he casted a final spell. "Avada Kedavra" Hermione gasped and brought her hands to her mouth. She noticed that the lady next to memory Dumbledore did the same. Hermione knew she looked familiar.

She looked back as Voldemort shouted "Nooo!" He tried to cast a curse on Dumbledore but everyone, not including the lady, cast incantations and Voldemort was even more weak. He fled up the stairs. Hermione saw as he fled to a room. She went to where he ran and Dumbledore followed her. He couldn't leave her alone in a room to see a memory he made up. It wouldn't work as well as it should.

When they walked in they saw Voldemort looking down at a baby. Hermione thought it was her. She looked back at Voldemort and saw him...smile? How could that be possible? She thought that he was always evil and never happy. She thought he killed people for fun and was always angry. She couldn't believe it. For once in her life she was wrong. He could be happy. He could smile. He could be...good?

The sounds of footsteps going up the stairs were heard and the baby opened her eyes. They were so beautiful. The small girl's eyes shone big with wonder and excitement. Just by the look of them you could tell she would be quite an adventurer as well as a trickster and trouble maker. The baby smiled at the sight of Voldemort. Hermione saw a tear in Voldemort's eye. The door flew open and the baby began to cry at the loud noise.

Voldemort turned around and stood protectively in front of his baby, hiding her from view of the people in the memory but was seen by Hermione and Dumbledore. He would do anything for his family. He was not the type of person to leave someone behind. He may have been a Slytherin, but he would risk losing the most important people to him to get what he wants. That was the last thing he wanted. The first thing, of course, was happiness of his family. The thing he wanted most, though, was far from existing. It was already ruined. It's been ruined for a few years now. He had to protect his little small child. "Don't touch her!" shouted Voldemort.

The memory Dumbledore cast an unidentifiable curse on Voldemort, causing him to fall. Memory Dumbledore went towards him but then changed his mind and went to the baby. He looked over the crying baby before picking her up. The crazed old man had an awful idea in mind. Whenever he got an idea, he always made an attempt to make it happen. "I said don't touch her!" shouted Voldemort trying to get up towards his little one.

When he got up he limped over to his baby being held by memory Dumbledore. A few people cast a spell on Voldemort while memory Dumbledore left the room carrying the baby and people following him. Voldemort was screaming for his daughter. "No! Give her back! Give me Ellene!" shouted Voldemort. When he said that, however, it sounded off. It didn't sound right. Hermione thought little of it for she was still shocked of her mother's death.

"Is that my real name? Ellene?" asked Hermione to Dumbledore. He nodded as he hid a smirk. Then you could see the lady that was left out of attacking Voldemort's wife. She looked at Voldemort who decided to apparate. The lady looked sorry for him. Hermione then realized it was Professor McGonagall, her favorite professor.

Then the memory faded as they were back in his office. "You see. It was an accident" said Dumbledore. "That's not what it looked like! You killed her on purpose for what it's worth!" said Hermione. "She was with Voldemort!" shouted Dumbledore. Hermione had never heard him shout before and was shocked at his outburst.

"You judge people for who they love? Not why they love? That's cruel and sick!" shouted Hermione with tears threatening to spill. She ran out of his office and towards Gryffindor Tower.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.6K 1.3K 27
Hermione Who? Hermione a name but what really matters is the sur-name... who are Hermione's parents? Are they really Mr and Mrs Granger or someone el...
62.3K 2.3K 42
#2.1 | dark hermione She made a choice in anger, and now she has unleashed darkness on the Wizarding World. ╷〢╷〢╷ After accidentally murdering eleven...
248K 6.8K 39
The dark lord had a child with his wife but on the night he died the child was taking away. The child's memories where obliviated and her mother kill...
916K 15.1K 78
Harry Potter is dead. In the aftermath of the war, in order to strengthen the might of the magical world, Voldemort enacts a repopulation effort. Her...