another love // e.gilbert 1.

Por MaryBravo200

Holden Salvatore was always distant from his two brothers Damon and Stefan. That happened after one girl name... Más

ANOTHER LOVE
PART I
Playlist
1. Coming Home
3. Friends To Have Dinner With
4. The Original Salvatore Brothers
5. 1953
6. New Vampire In Mystic Falls
7. The Night Of Terrors
8. Best Birthday Present
9. Evil Little Plan
10. Hitting Floor
11. Somewhere in Georgia
12. Brooms And Stolen Dances
13. 2/3
14. A 145 Year Old Lie
15. Bachelors In Paradise
16. Tomb Vampires
17. Oh, Baby Brother
18. The Past And The Present
19. Miss Elena and Holden
20. Sharing Secrets
21. The Damsel And Her Men
22. Playing With Fire
PART II
Playlist
1. The Bitch Is Back!
2. One Dead Blondie, Please
3. Road Trips
4. Manipulation
5. Stolen Looks
6. I Won't Let Go Of You
7. Oh, Sweet Revenge
8. Saving The Love
9. Old Friends
10. Trouble, Double
11. Lock Your House
12. Nasty Bites
13. Betrayed
14. Crazy Ex, Everyone!
15. Her Way
16. Angry Witches
17. Our House
18. More Stolen Dances
19. Original Deals
20. Different Ways
21. The Sacrifise
22. Last Kiss Before I Go
BOOK TWO

2. Compulsion Games

14.5K 427 104
Por MaryBravo200

-----------

-----------

Nothing But Thieves - Trip Switch

"Making waves through the universe
Starting wars with anonymous brothers."

IT WAS AN EARLY morning in Mystic Falls when Zach knocked on Holden room's door and walked in. He found his great-uncle doing pull ups with no T-shirt on. "Aren't you dead?" Zach questioned curiously. "Your body doesn't change..."

Holden chuckled slightly then jumped down onto the ground and looked at Zach. "Hello to you too, Zach," he greeted and put on a shirt. "My body doesn't change, you're right about that, but it doesn't mean I can't do sports."

"I was just teasing," Zach crossed his arms under his chest with a smile. "How was your trip?"

Holden shrugged dully. "Pretty good. You told me to come, so I did. Is there something else you want me to do?" he asked. Zach and Holden had a pretty good relationship when it came to human-vampire thing. The human knew that Holden was good at control and that he was stronger than Stefan when it came to dealing with a psychopath like Damon.

"Stefan asked me to tell you that he'll..." Zach then paused, knowing that Damon may have been inside.

Holden sat down and poured himself a glass of bourbon. He he motioned for Zach to say whatever he had to say. "Damon's not in the house if that's what you're worried about," Holden said taking a sip. "He left a few minutes ago," the vampire mused pointing to his ear.

Zachary nodded his head. "Stefan wants to compel Vicki Donovan to forget that Damon attacked her--"

"--And you want me to do that, because Stefan and hospitals aren't a very good thing," Holden finished then stood up. "Fine. I'll go there."

"Thank you," Zach smiled and watched Holden leave his room.

IN THE HOSPITAL, Matt Donovan was in his sister's ward when she woke up with alarm. "Whoa!" Matt exclaimed seeing her move around in bed frantically. "Vicki, Vicki, hey, it's Matt. Hey, what's wrong?" he asked her with a concerned look.

"No! No!" Vicki began to yell bewildered. "Get off! No! No! No!" she yelled covering her face.

"Nurse!" Matt ran out through the door and went to look for a doctor.

Then Holden entered quickly and removed her hands from her face. Vicki looked at him. "It was an animal that attacked you. You got lost and it jumped on you. You blacked out. It's all you remember," he compelled as she stared at him.

"It's all I remember," Vicki answered in monotone voice. Holden hated doing that, but he, Stefan and even Damon couldn't be outed by her. Their species had to stay unknown by humans.

"An animal attack. It's all you remember," Holden repeated for clearance and left the room.

Matt saw a man leaving her room and went to follow with an angry face, but when he reached the entrance, Holden was long gone.

WHEN HOLDEN GOT HOME, he saw Damon in the parlor. "The brother is here!" Damon greeted in a sarcastic cheer and Holden rolled his eyes. He sat down on the couch. "And here I thought you'd leave again."

Holden stared at Damon, trying to see anything human left inside, but saw just a shallow body with a smirk that hid pain, the last emotion he had.

He felt sad for Damon, because once they were very close. They even went to war together, against his father's threats. And now they hated each other. "Last time we saw each other, you had no humanity on. What happened, Damon? Who stirred feelings?" Holden questioned trying to bite.

Damon just smiled. "My feelings are not your concern, brother," he grumbled then smirked even wider. "Though, I can assure you, I'll use them for some very good plans."

"Hmm, the bad boy strikes again, I see," Holden mused then glared at his older brother. "You got Stefan fooled somehow, but we all know why you're here."

"Sure, you do," Damon rolled his eyes then they heard a doorbell.

"Stefan?" a female voice belonging to Elena rang out. Holden looked at Damon in surprise. "Stefan?"

Before Holden could go to Elena, Damon appeared in front of her. She turned to him and got scared a little. "I... I'm sorry for barging in. The door was... open," she said in confusion.

Holden still remembered her voice from that night he met her, and saw how different it sounded from Katherine's. "You must be Elena. I'm Damon, one of Stefan's brothers," Damon smirked and Elena glanced at him in surprise.

"He didn't tell me he had brothers," she mused furrowing her eyebrows and saw Holden walking up to them. Elena looked at him and widened her eyes in surprise.

"Holden Salvatore," he smiled at her with fake yet charming enough smile and watched her intently, still not wrapping his mind about her looks. "You're surprised. No wonder. Stefan isn't one to tell people about us. Please, come on in, Elena." he motioned to come in.

Damon watched him with confusion as to why Holden was so nice to her. "I'm sure Stefan will be here any second," Damon said as Elena walked inside, widening her eyes in surprise at their house decor.

Holden gave a smirking Damon a pointed look to not try anything and followed after Elena. "Wow. This is your living room?" she questioned in slight awe.

"Living room, parlor, Sotheby's auction," Damon smirked again and she looked back at his brothers. "It's a little kitschy for my taste. I see why my brother's so smitten. Right, Holdie?" Damon turned to his younger brother, who crossed his arms over his chest.

Holden hated the nickname Damon always used. It seemed so childish, as if the older Salvatore didn't know how to insult Holden anymore. "It's about time," Damon commented. "For a while there, I never thought he'd get over the last one. Nearly destroyed him."

"Damon, I don't think--"

"The last one?" Elena questioned curiously as she looked from Damon to Holden.

The younger brother sighed and shrugged slightly. "Katherine," he said wanting to get things straight. He wanted to see Elena's reaction of that name. But she just looked uncomfortable. "His last girlfriend."

Damon looked pleasantly amused that Holden was playing along by his game, even though their motives were very different. "Oh, you two haven't had the awkward exes conversation yet," Damon acted surprised.

"Nope," Elena shook her head and Holden exchanged a look with Damon, telling him to stop.

"Oops," Damon chuckled and Elena glanced at Holden, clearly intimidated by Damon. "Well, I'm sure it'll come up now. Or maybe he didn't want to tell you because he didn't want you to think he was on the rebound. We all know how those relationships end."

Holden rolled his eyes expressively and looked at Damon. "If all three of our relationships ended badly, doesn't mean everyone's does." he told him angrily.

"I'm a fatalist," Damon shrugged slightly and Elena wondered about Holden's words. "Hello, Stefan." Damon said not even turning back to see if it was truly Stefan.

"Elena," he called after with alarming eyes. "I didn't know you were coming over." he said rushing to her side. Holden saw how scared Stefan looked. He didn't want Elena hurt.

"I know. I should have called, I just--"

"Oh, don't be silly," Damon cut her off with a welcoming smile that hid his true colors. "You're welcome any time. Right, brothers?"

Stefan glanced at Holden with disappointment that he let Damon talk to Elena. But Holden knew Stefan had no right to hide Elena like some kind of princess. "You know, I should break out the family photo albums or some home movies. But... I have to warn you. He wasn't always such a looker," Damon said in a playful tone.

"Thank you for stopping by Elena," Stefan smiled to her faintly. "Nice to see you."

Elena then nodded her head. "Yeah, I should probably go. It was nice to meet you, Holden," she smiled then looked at Damon. "Damon."

"Great meeting you too, Elena," Damon smirked so Elena moved to leave, but Stefan was blocking her way as he stared at Damon.

"Stefan... Stefan?" Elena asked weirdly so he moved out of her way and she left quickly.

"Great gal. Whoo," Damon said enthusiastically. "She's got spunk. You, on the other hand, look pooped. Did you over-exert yourself today?" Damon asked Stefan.

Holden looked at him. "Did you go to the hospital?" Holden questioned him. Stefan nodded his head.

"Yeah, I went there, but Vicki seemed fine," Stefan commented in confusion then looked at Holden, who smirked a little. "Wait, you went there?"

"Someone had to clean Damon's mess," Holden looked at his older brother, who rolled his eyes then smiled at Stefan.

"Well, at least he was successful," the oldest brother said with a tight smile. "At least his persuasion will work. Remember, Stefan, if you don't feed properly, none of these little tricks work right."

"Knock it off already, Damon," Holden snapped, seeing Stefan get angry. He had no intention in them trying to kill each other.

"How long was Elena here?" Stefan asked Holden, but Damon answered instead.

"Were you worried, Stefan? Scared we may be doomed to repeat the past?" at that Holden rolled his eyes. "Isn't that why you play your little game 'I'm a high school human'? Back me up now, brother," Damon turned to Holden.

Even if Damon had a point, Holden didn't want to side with him so he didn't say anything. "Bore," Damon mused dully.

"I'm not playing any game," Stefan argued sternly. Holden narrowed his eyes at that statement.

"Of course you are. We all know the closest you'll ever get to humanity is when you rip it open and feed on it," Damon advised, his blue eyes narrowing.

"That's a terrible advice, Damon," Holden snapped with a grimace then turned to Stefan. "You know you shouldn't listen to him."

"I know that, Holden," Stefan said then looked back at Damon. "What kind of game are you playing, Damon?"

"Guess you two will have to wait and see, right?" he smirked, making Stefan glance at Holden for help.

ANOTHER DAY PASSED AND the night of the comet was held. Holden walked into the Mystic Grill and looked around before spotting Vicki Donovan walking past him. She glanced at him, before walking away.

He turned back to her then noticed Bonnie Bennett sitting at a table, alone. She seemed lonely at that moment so he approached the table. "You're Bonnie, right?" he asked friendly and she looked at him in surprise, not knowing what to say. "I'm sorry, I'm Holden, Stefan's older brother."

Bonnie opened her mouth in realization and smiled. "Oh! Hi, hey!" she greeted and he nodded his head. "Bonnie Bennett."

He snapped his eyes at her when he heard the last name. It's been a time since he saw a real life Bennett. "How older than Stefan you are?" Bonnie asked curiously and then shook her head in embarrassment. "Sorry, didn't mean to look like a creep."

Holden smiled a little. "I'm 22," he answered when in reality he was over 167 years old.

"Oh, I'm sure my friend Caroline would like you," Bonnie grumbled when she saw the Forbes girl approaching.

Holden turned to see her walking towards them with a huge smile on her lips. "Hello, my name is Caroline Forbes," she extended her hand for him to shake.

Forbes brought him so much memories that he didn't want to remember. "Um... Holden Salvatore," he nodded then saw Stefan motioning for him to follow. "Excuse me," he said then walked away.

Caroline groaned. "What in the world is wrong with me? First, I get rejected by Stefan and now him!" Caroline exclaimed angrily before sitting down.

Bonnie just chuckled.

Outside, Holden met up with a very worried Stefan. "What?" Holden asked in confusion.

"Damon has Vicki," Stefan said in panic and Holden heard voices on the Mystic Grill's roof.

"Son of a bitch," he mused then jumped on the roof before standing in front of Damon, who was holding Vicki near the roof end.

"No!" the girl cried out. "No!"

"Shh, I'm not gonna drop you," Damon whispered as he saw his brothers standing in front of him. "Hello, Holden. Happy to see you're still here. By the way, not bad, Stefan. Have you been eating bunnies?"

"Let her go," Stefan pleaded seriously and Holden narrowed his eyes. He couldn't stand Damon's antics and wanted to plunge his heart out.

"Shh, really?" Damon questioned Stefan with a dark smirk. "Ok," he mused then pulled Vicki to the edge of the roof.

"No!" she shouted, a look of pure anguish on her face as Damon held her loosely.

"No, no, no!" Stefan repeated in fright.

Holden knew that it was exactly what Damon wanted. Stefan feeling hurt by Damon harming innocent people.

Damon then looked at Holden, who stood there calmly. The older brother had to admit that his poker face annoyed the crap out of him. "Relax!" Damon rolled his eyes throwing Vicki to Stefan.

"What's happening?" Vicki questioned Stefan fearfully as Holden walked in front of her.

"You think I'm scared?" Damon chuckled and Holden shrugged his shoulders, challenging Damon. "If you attack me, I can't promise I won't attack someone in this town."

"Well, who says you'll be able to?" Holden sassed back with a look. "You'll be dead."

"You see, Stefan," Damon said in amusement. "Your own two brothers are at each other's throats. How does that feel?" he asked lowly and Stefan looked away. "I don't need her to be dead, but... you might." he said grabbing Vicki. "What attacked you the other night?"

"An animal," she answered with wide eyes.

"Are you sure about that?" Damon questioned shooting a look at his brothers. "Think. Think about it. Think really hard," he said trying to find a loophole in Holden's compulsion. "What attacked you?" he compelled.

"A vampire," she said and Stefan looked at Holden in surprise.

"Who did this to you?" Damon asked again and Holden went to stop him, but Stefan stopped him for some unknown reason.

"You did!" Vicki shouted angrily and Holden grabbed Vicki before pulling her away from Damon.

"Wrong, Vicki!" Damon exclaimed still using compulsion for afar.

"Enough," Holden sneered pushing him back. Damon pushed back as they stared at each other in hatred. "Stop this game, Damon, because no matter what you tell her, I'll make her forget. You think you're the only one with tricks up your sleeve?" he asked angrily. "I feed on humans too, Damon. I'm just as strong as you."

"And yet I managed to bring out the truth out of her," Damon teased with an angry face. "Might want to practice your compulsion, brother. Vicki, dear, come here," he said and she obeyed. "It was Stefan."

"Don't," Stefan pleaded incredulously as Damon grabbed Vicki on both sides of her head.

"Stefan Salvatore did this to you, and Holden helped," he compelled and she answered the same thing. "They are vampires. Vicious, murderous vampires."

Damon then pulled Vicki's bandage off and threw her to Holden, who caught her. "Aah!" she screamed and Holden placed her under his protection.

"Ugh! Your choice of lifestyle has made you weak, Stefan," Damon commented in a grumble. "A couple of vampire parlor tricks is nothing compared to the power that you could have, that you now need. Did you go to Stefan's diet as well, Holden? Cause you don't seem at your strongest point right now. But you two can change that. Human blood gives you that."

"No!" Vicki pushed Holden away from her and stumbled over the roof edge but Holden caught her. He glared back at Damon.

"You have two choices," Damon started to explain. "You can feed and make her forget, just like Holden does. Or you can let her run, screaming 'vampire' through the town square."

"That's what this is about?" Stefan asked his jaw clenched. "You want to expose us?"

"No!" Damon sneered while rolling his eyes. "I want you to remember who you are!"

"Why? So what, so I'll feed?" Stefan questioned in hurt. "So I'll kill? So I'll remember what it's like to be brothers again? You know what, let her go. Let her tell everyone that vampires have returned to Mystic Falls. Let them chain me up, and let them drive a stake through my heart, because at least then I'll be free of you."

Holden listened and wondered how sick Stefan must have felt of his older brothers rivalry. And how often Damon tried to break Stefan down. "Come here, Vicki," Holden extended his hand to grab her.

"No! Go away!" she shouted with terrified eyes. He sighed and grabbed her by the arm forcefully before looking her in the eyes.

"Forget this ever happened. You don't know vampires exist. You got on this roof because you took some pills," he said, his green eyes narrowing.

He released Vicki, and she looked around her surroundings in confusion. "What happened?" she asked. "Where am I? Oh, I ripped my stitches open. Ugh."

"You okay?" Stefan asked her, kind of happy that Holden took control and made her forget, even if that messed up her mind.

"I took some pills, man," Vicki chuckled. "I'm good," she mused before leaving the roof.

"It's good to be home," Damon smirked and Holden looked back at him. "Think I might stay a while. This town could use a bit of a wake-up call, don't you think?"

"No, Damon, what this towns needs is a clean up from people like you," Holden told him before taking a step forward. "What are you up to?"

"That's for me to know and for you to... dot dot dot," he grimaced, moving his fingers to act as if he was placing dots. "Give Elena my best." he said and fled.

Holden looked at Stefan and also left, leaving the youngest Salvatore upset.

"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?" Stefan asked Holden, who kept punching the punching bag in their garage.

"I'm just thinking," Holden said lowly, punching it with so much strength that it fell down, breaking a little bit of ceiling. Stefan looked up, raised his eyebrows, then glanced back at his brother with a questioning look. "I met Caroline Forbes tonight..."

Stefan realized and nodded his head. "Bad memories, huh?" he sighed, looking at his older brother in pity.

"You can say that, I panicked as soon as she said her last name and that shouldn't be happening!" he sneered, kicking the bag away and looked at Stefan. "Is Vicki okay?"

"Yeah, she is," Stefan nodded his head then looked down at his shoes. "I'm scared he might hurt Elena."

"I wouldn't use that word 'might'," Holden advised with a knowing look. "Because he will try to hurt Elena. We both know him, Stefan. Damon won't stop until he succeeds. We will do what we have to do. What all the vampires hate." he smirked darkly, actually enjoying the idea of hurting Damon.

"Thank you," Stefan nodded with a small smile. Holden just shrugged then frowned.

"She looks just like her," Holden then said, imagining Elena's face. "I still can't wrap my mind around it."

"Me too," Stefan sighed then smiled to himself. "But I know she's different from Katherine. She's nice, and she's smart--"

"And she's human," Holden finished then heard someone walking towards their house. "And she's here."

"What?" Stefan asked with wide eyes as he looked around. "Elena's here?"

When Holden nodded, Stefan smiled then walked outside. Holden got back into his room, not listening to their conversation outside.

He walked over to his desk and opened up one drawer. An old picture of a woman with long blonde hair was lying inside and he took it into his hands.

She was smiling in the picture as he stared at it in guilt in regret.

Everyday, he missed her and tried to cope with the fact that she was gone.

Vote, read, comment.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

128K 2.9K 74
⚜️⚜️⚜️ "She loved them long before Katherine did. If she was never taken away, they wouldn't have moved on. And honestly, even though they...
2M 49.5K 34
❝Only three things are infinite: the universe, human stupidity, and my hate for Damon Salvatore; and I'm not even sure about the universe.❞ In 1864...
4.5K 190 45
Based on Season Two of TVD ... Ellie and Elena's doppelgänger, Katherine Pierce, arrives in Mystic Falls, and her reasons for returning to Mystic Fal...
126K 2.7K 41
Is it fate or destiny that will bring these two together? ❝You don't know who matters the most in your life, until they're brutally taken from you, a...