Her Stolen Innocence (Teen Pr...

By JasmineDahlia

Evelyn Pearce has it all. The looks, the friends, the popularity, the personality. She never chose to be popu... More

Chapter 1 - Jerks
Chapter 2 - New Rims
Chapter 3 - Five Cheese, Five Pepperoni, Five Cokes
Chapter 4 - College Party
Chapter 5 - Blue Eyes
Chapter 6 - Gentleman
Chapter 7 - My 'Friend'
Chapter 8 - Ice Cream Challenge
Chapter 9 - Nightmares
Chapter 10 - Like A Zombie
Chapter 11 - Adventures
Chapter 12 - Not Alone
Chapter 13 - Keep Fighting
Chapter 14 - It Will Be You
Chapter 15 - Children At Heart
Chapter 16 - Chinese Food
Chapter 17 - Let Me Check You Out
Chapter 18 - Positive
Chapter 19 - La La Land
Chapter 20 - Possibilities
Chapter 21 - Every Step Of The Way
Chapter 22 - Young Man
Chapter 23 - Naughty Children
Chapter 24 - Small Yellow Box
Chapter 25 - Magic Glow
Chapter 26 - Baby Names
Chapter 27 - Yellow
Chapter 29 - Movies And Kisses
Chapter 30 - Avalyn
Chapter 31 - Three
Chapter 32 - Small Bottle Like Thing
Chapter 33 - Beach House
Chapter 34 - Whole Again
Epilogue

Chapter 28 - Babies 'R' Us

31.7K 669 39
By JasmineDahlia

Hey, guys! Here's another upload. Please remember to vote, comment, and fan if you enjoyed it! Thanks for reading and I hope you like it! (:

***Dedication: Thanks for the cover! :D

_____________________________________________________________________________

~Seven Months Pregnant~

My mom and I were having breakfast together on a Saturday morning with cups of coffee and scrambled eggs. The two of us have plans today and those plans consists of buying the baby furniture, more clothes, and toys. I personally wasn’t too excited but my my mom was literally jumping in her seat while she ate. I mean, what pregnant woman really wants to march around Babies ‘R’ Us with a balloon for a stomach? None.

“So are we sticking to pink or are we going crazy and using another color combination?” She beamed.

“Pink. Pink is safe. Or yellow. Whatever.” I answer and she rolls her eyes.

“I think I’m more excited than you are.” She said, annoyed, and I chuckled.

“Just a wee bit.” I said sarcastically, putting two fingers up to gesture the small size.

“Your freaking hormones are giving me whiplash.” She snorted. Oh, hell no. She did not just day that!

“I have no freaking hormones, mother! I am perfectly-” A hundred loud knocks on the door cut me off short.

“That boy. He just can’t stay away from you for a day.” My mom said, chuckling. At least I’d have something to give me a bit of sanity while my mom made me run jaggedly around the store. Hmm. Maybe he’d carry me. 

“Go get the door.” I command unconsciously and my mother gives me for-real look with a risen eyebrow. “Sorry. Can you go get the door?” I corrected myself, smiling sweetly with puppy eyes.

“I really hope I wasn’t that troubling when I was pregnant with you.” She muttered, walking towards the door. 

“Ha. Ha. Funny.” I scoffed.

“Hello, Jacob! What brings you here?” She asks stupidly, causing Jake to laugh and pull her into a bear hug. 

“Had to come see the mother-in-law.” He smiled dazzlingly and I choked on a piece of egg, smiling to myself. My mother simply gawked at him.

“W-What? You popped the question?” My mom all but screamed and his eyes widened in alarm for a moment, making me laugh. 

“No! No. Not yet.” He winked and I laughed from my seat, blushing ferociously.

“You nearly killed me there, Jacob.” My mom put a hand to her heart and stepped out of the way to let him in.

Jacob walked over to me, smiling, and bent down to give me a sift kiss. 

“Hello, beautiful.” He greeted and a responsive smile came onto my face.

“Hey, handsome.” I feel slightly on display when I notice my mom’s smiling face watching us.

“Hey there, Ava.” Jake said, laying a swift kiss on my belly. My face felt as if it was on fire. Did Jacob not know the meaning of being shy? How could he be so confident? And in front of my mother!

“Want something to eat?” I ask, already knowing the answer. It seemed my mom had known the answer as well because of the loud scoff she gave. My boyfriend stuck his tongue out at her.

“Sure.” And he sits beside me, taking a plate and some silverware. As I continued drinking my coffee, my mom sat in front of me once again.

“Hurry up, guys. I want to get to the store!” She exclaimed and I decided to ignore her.

“Are you coming, Jake?” I ask, looking at my boyfriend eat adorably.

“That’s why I’m here.” He grinned.

***

I groaned aloud at the overwhelming size of the store the three of us just walked into.

“It’s alright, baby. I’ll entertain you.” Jake said, squeezing the hand he was holding.

“Oh, it’s not that big.” She dismissed.

“Sure.”Jake and I muttered together, laughing afterwards.

“You two just keep whining there uselessly and we’ll see how long this will take.” This time it was Jake who groaned.

“It’s alright, baby. I’ll entertain you.” I mimic sweetly and he shoots me an amused smile before we’re off and following my mom as she tugged the red shopping cart along.

“First off, the baby clothes.” My mom says eagerly as we all stare into the seemingly endless isle of pastel colored clothing. “Come on, guys. Let’s hunt!” She exclaims and the three of us start to hunt for Avalyn’s clothing.

It seemed to have taken an hour to pick out the clothing but honestly, it had been nice. We picked out about literally, twenty five outfits and accessories. 

“Come on, we got to get the toys and stuff.” The ‘toys and stuff’, now that didn’t seem too fun. Jake, on the other hand, was excited to pick out the toys, jumping and playing with them himself.

“We’ve got to get her this one! I’ll push her along the sidewalk with this... thing.” Jake said, looking a bit confused at the colorful contraption he rolled with his feet. It was like a baby mobile.

“Yeah! We need one of those things.” My mom said and put the number down onto a pad of paper she was holding. She couldn’t just take the thing because it was like a display sample. We’d have to call for it later. 

“Hurry up! My feet are sore.” I complained. 

“Go sit down by the seating area while I chose some things out.” My mom said and my face immediately perked up. “Finally!” I exclaimed and my mom laughed. Jake put his arms around my waist as he walked with me.

“This isn’t so bad.” He whispered into my ear, a smile in his voice.

“Not exactly suicidal but my feet are killing me!” I say and his chuckle tickled my ear.

“Just a little longer, Angel.” He soothed, my heart jumping at the familiar nickname.

“I’m glad you came, Jake. I don’t know how quickly I would have cracked if I didn’t have you here to distract me.” I said, laughing. He squeezed my waist and kissed my temple.

“You didn’t really think I’d leave my girlfriend alone with her mother in freaking Babies ‘R’ Us, did you? It’d be the same as killing you.” He said, causing me to laugh beside him. We reached the corner that housed four chairs and a small coffee table with a few magazines. I quickly plopped myself down on the chair, wiggling my feet in contentment. Jacob was chuckling beside me in the chair with his tall and fit form sitting comfortably.

“Evelyn? Jacob?” An oddly familiar voice asked incredulously and I looked at Jake whose eyes were wide. In alarm, I looked to the direction of the voice. 

Kayla. Kayla, a friend from Northeast, was sitting down with her hands rested on the top of her round belly. 

“Kayla?” I asked and she nodded her head through wide eyes.

“Yeah. It’s me.” She said, now smiling. Jake and I could do nothing but gape in silence. She was pregnant too?

“Wow. I haven’t seen the two of you for months!” She said in awe and I managed a small smile.

“I know. How’s it been?” I asked, a bit nervous at the turn the conversation would probably take.

“Well, you can probably guess what’s been the most significant thing going on.” She said sheepishly, patting her belly. “Everything else has been alright. How about you? Where have you been?” She said, leaning forward in interest. 

“Oh, um, I’ve been getting home schooled since I left Northeast.” I answered. 

“I wished that could have been an option for me. What about you, Jake?” 

“What? Oh, I transferred.” Jake answered, not giving the name of the school. I guess he didn’t want Kayla to tell everyone where he had gone. Only Tommy and Jay knew because they were his best friends with whom he hung out with occasionally. 

“Cool. So is the baby Jake’s?” She asked me, smiling knowingly. Had we been that obvious with out attraction? Damn.

I opened my mouth to answer, not exactly knowing what to say but hoping that coherent words would tumble out instinctively. 

“Yeah. She’s mine.” Jake answered beside me and took my hand, giving me a lovely smile that I returned immediately. My heart melted inside of me.

“I knew it. We all knew it! You two were always so magnetic with the other that it was hard to miss. It’s about time you got together too!” Kayla exclaimed. “Well, I suppose you had been but we just didn’t know.” She added sheepishly.

I was going to ask her a question when her phone rang.

“Sorry, guys. I have to take this.” She said sheepishly and I nodded, smiling. I had always liked Kayla. Kayla took her phone and put it to her ears.

“Yeah. I know. I’m going. Cooperate with me here! I’m getting some freaking baby clothes, you idiot. No thanks to you.” Kayla paused. “Bye!” She hissed. Jake and I exchanged glances before looking back at her.

“Well, it was really nice seeing you two again. Here’s my new number so we can have some baby bump time together.” She smiled happily as we exchanged numbers.

“Bye.” Jake and I said simultaneously and I gave her a smile. 

“Ha! Baby bump time.” He muttered amusedly and a loud scoff of laughter escaped me. 

“You’re incredible.” I muttered and he smiled brightly. Suddenly, my phone buzzed with a text message from my mother. Get your asses over here, now! Got to pick out the furniture! 

I showed the message to Jake who let out a snort of laughter and got to his feet. He extended his hand out to me from where he stood.

“You heard her. We’ve got to get our asses over there!” He said in fake urgency and I chuckled, using his hand to get myself onto my feet.

We walked over to the furniture display rooms and immediately found my mom smiling at a deep brown crib.

“Ev, look at this one! Isn’t it pretty?” She asked happily and I smiled.

“Yup. I love it. That’s the one. Now let’s get the hell out of here.” I said and Jake laughed at me while my mom glared. She wasn’t so amused.

“There’s like twenty other good ones. You’re the mother, you’re the father and so your opinions are highly needed. Come on!” My mom exclaimed.

“Fine.” I said then looked over at Jacob to speak.

“Do you like-” I started to ask but Jacob’s expression made me stop midway.

“What’s wrong?” I asked, alarmed. Was it because of what my mother had called him? Had it really dawned on him now?

“Nothing.” Jake said, then smiled lovingly. “You mom just called me the father.” He said incredulously, off in his own happy world. I immediately felt myself relax, laughing later at my stupidity.

“Yes, silly. You are.” I said and his eyes locked on mine.

“I am.” He kissed my nose and took my hand.

“COME ON!” My mom shouted and Jake and I smiled at each other before following the crazy erratic woman that I called my mother.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Please VOTE! :D Pic on the side is of Kayla!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.4K 2.1K 14
Luka is a 21 year old college student and she seems like any other college girl but what no one knows is she has an ability to heal and cure. she doe...
570K 13.2K 40
|HAS BEEN REWRITTEN| She was kind. He was heartless. She saw the good in everyone despite her past. He saw nothing but hatred for others because of...
169K 2.4K 21
Welcome to the life of teen fiction and teen romance be prepared to meet the mind of the younger generation... Well the extreme side anyways ;) Cool...
1K 94 24
"I have bad news, sweetheart," I heard my mother's voice crack as she spoke those 5 words. 5 simple words that when are put together is the most nerv...