Pretty Little Gangster

By MaraLevie

gangster ˈɡaŋstə/ noun a member of a gang of violent criminals. † For some reason Marilyn... More

Cast Members
Soundtrack :)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38-Finale
News
Need Your Opinion

Chapter 19

46.4K 1.1K 205
By MaraLevie

What I like about you baby is how you annoy me daily but you still fucking amaze me, that's so us

†††††††††††

"Can you turn it off?" Faye whines in a disgruntled voice. She shifts around her bed and breathes heavily indicating her frustration. After I brought her home I took her straight to her room where she immediately passed out, I decided to be a good friend and wake her up with breakfast-it was the least I could do after what happened last night.

"Turn what off?" I say calmly, Faye had the mother of all hangovers, so whatever Archer gave her must have been extremely strong.

"The sun." she yells out angrily as she throws the covers over her head to stop the streams of sunlight from reaching her. I roll my eyes at her behavior and close the curtain which darkens the room quite drastically.

"Thank you." She mumbles into her pillow without lifting her head up.

"Where's Andre?" I ask as I sit next to her and offer her an aspirin. I hadn't seen him when I dropped her off last night and he wasn't here when I showed up in the morning.

"I don't know and I don't give a fuck." She spits out angrily before she downs the pill and water. I sincerely hope this is the hangover talking and not her.

"What happened?" I ask her concernedly. Did something happen? This was all very baffling because Faye and Andre didn't fight, like ever and when they did it was over stupid, small stuff like what channel to watch.

"I don't want to get into this right now." She says and doesn't elaborate so I take it as a sign to stop pushing the subject.

I realize she's not going to be any fun this morning so I get up and leave to give her some space and time to recover. I honestly feel desperately guilty over this entire situation; if it wasn't for me Archer never would have gone to such drastic measures to get my attention. That whole situation was fucked up especially since I now know he some part in all of this gang stuff.

I roll my eyes and make my way downstairs to grab the keys to Andre's car-another unanswered question. Where the hell was he? No matter how big the fight, he should be here to comfort Faye, I mean she was drugged for goodness sake. Whatever petty issues they have he should be here for her, I'm gonna have a long ass chat when I see him next.

"Going somewhere?" a voice says from behind me. I cringe as I realize who it is-not now, please not now.

"What do you want?" I say tiredly as I turn around to look at him. I already have a couple of things on my plate I don't exactly have time for this.

"I just wanted to talk." Sin says remorsefully as he comes down the stairs slowly; almost as if he's afraid I'm gonna blow up at him.

"Yeah well, I don't really care about what you have to say." I glare at him as I cross my arms. I don't really want to hear what other lies he comes up with.

"Please Mari." He says softly as he descends the stairs and stops in front of me.

"Don't call me that." I say angrily and divert my gaze to anywhere but him. He doesn't deserve to call me anything other than my name after all his deceit and lies.

"I fucked up okay, but if you'd just give me a chance to explain..." he trails off as he tries to catch my gaze.

I almost give in. I shift my focus onto his face and his eyes almost get me to give in.

I clear my throat and shake my head quickly. No matter how good his excuse is, I'm sure nothing he says will justify him proposing to Adella.

"I just need some time." I cross my arms and stare him straight on. "I'm angry so whatever you say will just go over my head." I try to reason after I see his expression fall.

Sin gives me a disappointed look but doesn't say anything else. He forces a small smile on his face and runs his hand softly over my cheek before pulling it away almost immediately. "I really am sorry." He says before heading back upstairs and leaving me standing there wondering why all of this had to be so complicated.

†††††††††††

I start Andre's car and make my way to the nearest coffee shop to pick up some breakfast for myself and Faye. I took this time to process the fact that because of me my best friend could have gotten seriously harmed...or worse.

As I wait in line at the little café I found down the road from the house, my mind drifts to Andre and whatever the hell happened between him and Faye. I grab my cell phone and dial his number, praying that he picks up.

After a couple of rings, my mood deflates at the prospect of him not picking up but just when I'm about to give up a voice that is definitely not Andres picks up the phone.

"Andre's phone." The girlish voice answers suspiciously.

"Who the hell is this?" I bark out surprised at the female voice that definitely isn't my best friend's.

"Who is this?" the girl spits out in irritation. "Look we're kinda busy so if you could just-" she starts but is cut off by a disturbance on her end. There's shuffling for a couple of seconds before Andre's voice greets me.

"Mari?" he says softly and it takes everything in my power for me not to scream obscenities at him through the phone.

"Andre you're going to meet me at the café on Brooklyn street and you're going to explain to me why the hell you're with another girl at a time where Faye needs you the most okay." I spit out before hanging up.

I move out the line and take a seat facing the window. And just like that my appetite vanished.

†††††††††††

I watched Andre exit a car that was unfamiliar to me. It probably belonged to whoever that woman on the phone was. I shivered in disgust at the different scenarios ran through my head of what he was going to say to me. I begged and pleaded with God that it wasn't what I thought it was, but as I saw his dejected face walk into the café I knew my praying was fruitless.

I glanced anywhere but at him as he took a seat across from me I didn't want to see the shame and regret in his eyes because I would lose it.

There was an uncomfortable silence between us for a few moments before he broke it with a strangled sob. I was shocked at his blatant show of emotion but didn't comment on it.

"I fucked up Mari." He choked out, "I fucked up real bad." With every syllable he broke my heart one piece at a time. I was stunned into silence and he wasn't even my boyfriend. I felt an incredible bout of anger towards him-how dare he? I glanced at him angrily as the severity of his words sunk in.

"Just, tell me what happened?" I sighed and tried my best not to let the intense rage-filled words I had in my mind stream out.

"We-we got into a fight yesterday." He tiredly glanced at the table before slowly dragged his gaze to face me. "My friend from a while back was here visiting and I wanted to see her, but you know how Faye is..." he trailed off.

"Well obviously she has a reason to be the way she is." I spit out harshly, interrupting him.

He sighs and looks as if he's holding back tears, "I deserved that." He resolutely says.

"You deserve a lot worse." My tone softens slightly at seeing his broken expression. "Just continue." I grab hold of his hand reassuringly. I quickly remove it as I remember why we're here.

"Well, Cassidy and I have been friends for a long time and I think the reason Faye was upset was because me and her kind of had a sexual relationship for a while there." Andre sheepishly scratches the back of his neck. "I got pissed because obviously she doesn't trust me, and in the heat of the moment I called Cassidy and next thing I know Faye's screaming her head off at me as I step into Cassidy's car." He shakes his head shamefully, "I'm such a fucking asshole."

I nod my head in agreement, but I guess I understand why he did it. Faye can get a bit nasty when you really get her going-if I were Andre I would've done the same thing, well maybe not to the extent he took it.

"So I'm at Cassidy's house and I'm just bitching to her about Faye and I'm drinking and then..." he trails off and closes his eyes as if he's in pain "we're kissing and I'm falling back into old habits."

"Did it go further?" I bite my lip hard in anticipation of his answer. Please Lord, let the answer be no.

He shakes his head and I release a breath I didn't even know I was holding. "It almost did though, for fucks sake she was right there but I just couldn't bring myself to do it."

"At least you two didn't sleep together, I think that would've pushed Faye to the edge." I say and immediately can't believe the words that just escaped my mouth. Never would I have ever guessed this would happen to Faye and Andre. I can't believe he almost did to Faye, what Archer did to me.

I guess happy endings aren't real. The prince always goes off with the wrong princess or he cheats on you with her. At this point I didn't even believe love was real anymore, might as well accept it and grow up, that way you'll save yourself from even more heartache.

"I need to see her, I need to tell her what happened." He says frantically and I fear he might actually burst into tears.

"I don't think that's such a good idea." I say sadly as I think about my broken friend.

"Why, what's wrong?" Andre glances up at me in alarm and concern for Faye.

"She...something happened last night." I say ashamedly as I think back to what happened to her and how it was my entire fault, guilt washes over me in huge waves.

"Please Mari, what happened?" he practically shouts at me. I shake my head and recall to him all that took place last night in his absence.

He chokes out a small whimper when I finish. "I should've been there for her, I shouldn't have left." He rubs his hands through his hair frustrataedly.

"This was my fault." I assure him sadly, "He's doing this because of him. I don't know what the hell he wants from me."

"We can't blame ourselves for things that were out of our control." He tries to comfort me but a sudden wave of rage takes over my rational thoughts.

"Yeah but you can blame yourself for getting drunk and cheating on your girlfriend." I abruptly stand and shout at him. A few curious patrons glance our way and I realize the extent of my voice. The rage dissipates and I realize how harsh I was to Andre. Tears fill my eyes making it hard for me to see.

"I-I'm sorry." I stutter out to him before running out the café and to the car. I hop in and start the engine before hastily speeding away from the scene.

STOP FUCKING CRYING! I think to myself. I was turning into those weak female characters I hated reading about in stories-I was better than that.

No matter how hard I tried the tears continued to pour out, no matter how quickly I wiped them away there were always new ones to replace them. It felt like someone was jumping up and down on my chest and squeezing my heart at the same time. I couldn't stop feeling guilty for what happened to Faye but that wasn't why I was crying. I knew how much all of this was going to break her and I didn't want to see her upset, I couldn't even control my own damned emotions how the hell could I be the friend she needed and deserved when all of this blew up? She deserved better. She didn't deserve any of this.

Before I knew it, I had pulled up to the mansion. I intended to race to my room and cry into my pillow before anyone else could see me, but I'm sure by now I should realize nothing I want ever goes my way.

"Marilyn?" a voice halts my steps as I walk into the house.

I don't turn around as I try to quickly make my way up the stairs but I'm stopped from doing so by a firm grip on my wrist. I let out a huge sob as Sin spins me around to face him.

He doesn't say anything as he takes in my distraught appearance, he just pulls me closer and wraps his arms around me-and surprisingly it feels really great. I sigh as I push away from him as reality finally sets in, but he doesn't release me as I struggle against his arms.

"Just...stop." He whispers harshly as he tightens his grip around my waist.

I slacken in his arms as I accept he isn't letting go anytime soon. He pulls away from me slightly and before I know it his lips are on mine. This kiss isn't tentative or sweet-it's harsh and rough almost as if he's trying to get all he can out of this before I inevitably pull away. And pull away I do.

"Can you just hold me?" I say weakly because that's what I am-weak. Sin seems surprised at my request but a small smile tugs at his lips as he gazes down at me.

"I'll do anything you want." He mumbles as he pulls me even closer to him, as if that's even possible.

I close my eyes and allow the comfort he brings to wash over me.

And for a moment I forget.

Forget he has a fiancé.

Forget I'm the reason my friend was drugged and almost taken advantage of last night.

Forget that her boyfriend just told me something that could possibly rip her heart open.

Forget about Archer.

Forget Sin is in a gang.

Forget that I might actually be falling for a gang leader.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

231K 2.4K 33
#1 badboygoodgirl #1 relationship-complicated Watching a car go up in flames is traumatic enough in itself. Watching a car go up in flames with the...
97K 1.5K 21
"𝙊𝙪𝙧 𝙛𝙖𝙢𝙞𝙡𝙮 𝙞𝙨 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧." 𝐕𝐀𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐀 𝐒𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐌, 22 year old female. The forth oldest sibling of the Storm family. CEO to he...
36.7K 1.8K 33
Girl meets boy. Girl falls for boy. Girl finds out boy is last in line to a mafia legacy. All hell breaks loose.
35.5K 703 25
"𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐲𝐨𝐮. 𝐋𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮." 𝐈 𝐛𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐢𝐩. "𝐅𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐦𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐬𝐞." 𝐇𝐞 𝐬𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐤𝐞𝐝. 𝐇𝐞 𝐩𝐢𝐜𝐤...