I Stole the Bad Boy's Skatebo...

By lyliewrites

Alexia Foster is your typical, invisible, high school junior. Hunter Chase is your one and only junior heartt... More

Chapter 1: Watch Where You're Going (Edited)
Chapter 2: A New Neighbor (Edited)
Chapter 3: Friend Requests and Unknown Numbers (Edited)
Chapter 4: Flying Spaghetti and Meatballs (Edited)
Chapter 5: In the Middle of the Night (Edited)
Chapter 6: Illegal Possession of Every Perfect Facial Feature (Edited)
Chapter 7: Lights, Camera, Action (Edited)
Chapter 8: Hiring Babysitter (Edited)
Chapter 9: Lunch Buddies (Edited)
Chapter 10: Feigning Innocence (Edited)
Chapter 11: Shopping and Starbucks (Edited)
Chapter 12: Comforting is not Pitying (Edited)
Chapter 13: The Book (Edited)
Chapter 14: Paper Airplane (Edited)
Chapter 15: Breaking the Façade (Edited)
Chapter 17: The Best Way to Start the Night (Edited)
Chapter 18: Breathtakingly Beautiful (Edited)
Author's Note: Let's Chat!
Chapter 19: Princess and the Frog (Edited)
Chapter 20: Dreams and Memories (Edited)
Chapter 21: A Day at the Park (Edited)
Chapter 22: Hide and Seek (Edited)
Chapter 23: Definitely Hot (Edited)
Chapter 24: I Guess We've Gone Out a Few Times (Edited)
Chapter 25: Fries Before Guys (Edited)
Chapter 26: I Actually Care (Edited)
Chapter 27: Into the Woods (Edited)
Chapter 28: A Big Mistake (PART 1) (Edited)
Chapter 28: A Big Mistake (Part 2) (Edited)
Chapter 29: Moving On for Dummies (Edited)
Chapter 30: A Do-Over (Edited)
Chapter 31: The Notebook (Edited)
A/N [NOT A CHAPTER]:
Chapter 32: Nobody Likes a Sleepy Alex (Edited)
Chapter 33: Popcorn Thoughts (Edited)
Chapter 34: You're Officially My Favorite Pillow (Edited)
CHAPTER 35: The Breakfast Club (Edited)
ANNOUNCEMENTS
Good News!
Character Profile/Gallery
Chapter 36: Nobody is Perfect
Chapter 37: First Ever Winter Break Trip
Chapter 38: You Look Cute, I Look Stupid

Chapter 16: Dress Shopping (Edited)

4K 175 18
By lyliewrites

The sound of hangers clicking against each other were starting to annoy me. Hayley and I have gone in each store in each floor, leaving empty handed all the time. We were on the last floor of the mall, trying our luck in the department store.

I just couldn't make up my mind on what dress to wear. The dresses Hayley picked out for me were either too plain or too much. I hated glitters, beads, and sparkles because they made me itch all over.  Most of the dresses we saw had all sorts bedazzles, so Hayley a hard time in choosing a dress for me.

I was sitting on a round couch waiting for Hayley to emerge from the changing room and show me her next dress. She had brought ten dresses in, but none of them were the "perfect one". We were currently on dress number eight and I seriously hoped that this would be the one.

Coming out from the changing room, Hayley spun around for me and modelled the beautiful dress she was wearing. It was a peach, halter-pleated maxi dress. It hung loosely on her chest perfectly, then cinched on the waist. It flowed dreamily down to the floor, covering her feet. It didn't have any sparkles and beads. Instead, its pure simplicity boasted elegance. 

"How do I look?" Hayley asked. She was playing with the fabric of her dress as she danced in front of the mirror.

"This is the one," I replied, smiling. "I think we've found your perfect dress."

"I think so too," Hayley replied, spinning to face me. "I feel like a modern-day Sleeping Beauty. I'm so buying this. I'll go and change back into my own clothes then we'll keep looking for your perfect dress."

Grinning widely, Hayley disappeared into the dressing room as the curtains were pulled aside close. After waiting for a couple of minutes, she came out with her dress hanging from her arm.

"Shall we?" Hayley asked, nodding towards the hundreds of racks behind us.

Sighing, I stood up from the couch. "Are you sure you still want to find me a dress?" I asked. "You know me. It'll take us years to find a dress for me."

Hayley plopped down on the couch beside me, giggling. After calming down a little, she placed her dress beside her as she stood up from the couch. "You know, I think I've found the perfect dress for you."

"What do you mean?" I asked as my eyes followed where Hayley was walking towards.

With half of her body hidden by a rack of dresses, she pulled out a short, navy blue dress. Swinging the dress in the air, she said, "What do you think about this one? It's not too plain and it doesn't have glitters too. Oh, and would you look at that. I doesn't have a long train that people would probably step on. Added bonus!"

I tilted my head slightly to the side to think. The dress was really cute. Besides it being short and navy blue, it had other interesting details to it. The long sleeves were made of lace, running up to my shoulders and chest. It opened up in the center of the chest area, showing minimal cleavage. There was a matching round opening at the back as well. I imagined the dress to hug my chest perfectly and the rest of it to slightly poof when I wore it.

"I like it," I replied after  deliberating about the dress in my mind. "Do you think I should buy it?"

"Do I think I should buy it?" Hayley asked back. "Oh uh. I think Chase will flip when he sees you in this dress tomorrow night," she replied, answering her own question.

"Then I guess we should choose another dress then," I replied. "We wouldn't want to attract too much attention."

Hayley gasped as she walked towards me. "You've got to be kidding!" she shrieked, earning a few glances from other shoppers. "This dress is amazing and, it's not even pink!" She pulled on the price tag and smiled. "And it's on sale! Come on, Lex. All the signs are pointing to this dress!"

Chuckling, I shook my head in amusement. "If you really like it, then I'll buy it," I replied.

Swinging the dress in the air, Hayley did a little victory dance. I chuckled at my best friend's childlike antics. It's something I've gotten used to through the years of our frienship.

"Come on, dancing queen," I said, standing up from the couch. "Let's go pay for our dresses."

After a celebratory treat in Starbucks with Hayley, she drove me back home. This time, the drinks were on her and that didn't happen often. I had to buy a pair of shoes to match my dress and unlucky Hayley already had a pair of shoes to match her dress, so I ended up with more shopping bags.

I walked in the kitchen to my mom slicing tomatoes on the kitchen island. She had her apron on, sleeves rolled up, and hair tied into a messy bun. I figured she was making dinner.

"What are we having for dinner?" I asked, rounding the counter to greet her with a kiss.

"Just my traditional Chicken Penne Arrabiata," mom replied, sliding the sliced tomatoes into a bowl. "How was the shopping trip with Hayley?"

"It was great," I replied as I took a seat on one of the bar stools. "Hayley picked out a cute dress for me as well."

Mom looked up from the chopping board, raising an eyebrow. "I thought you weren't going to homecoming again this year?" she asked.

"Well, I guess I am now," I replied, leaving behind the fact that Chase had a part in my decision.

Mom nodded in understanding. "What made you change your mind?" she asked, watching the water boil in the pot on the stove. "Was it the dress?"

"Nope," I replied, popping the 'p'. "I might've been asked to go by...a guy," I mumbled softly, but apparently is was loud enough for mom to hear.

Turning to face me with smirk, she left her boiling pasta unattended. "Do I know him?" mom asked.

I was fidgeting with my fingers on my lap. "Y-yeah, sort of," I replied.

Fully smiling now, my mom let out a tiny squeal. "It's Susana's son isn't it?" she squeaked. "That Hunter Chase boy? You two look absolutely cute together!"

"Mom, calm down," I shrugged. "He just asked me to go to homecoming with him. It's not like we're going out on a date."

Sighing, mom turned to stir the pasta. "I know, sweetie," she replied. "I'm just really happy for the both of you."

I smiled amused at my mother. "Thanks, I guess," I replied. "I didn't attend my freshman and sophomore homecoming. No one asked me to go and it isn't really my thing. It's more of Hayley's thing. "

"I always understood that you didn't really want to go," mom replied. "I just hoped you'd change you mind back then, but I guess everything just worked out now."

Mom placed the cooked pasta in a colander before leaving it in the sink to drain. She kept some of the pasta water in a bowl then rinsed the pot she used before placing it back on the stove to make the tomato sauce.

My mom had this way of giving out a comforting feeling everytime I watched her cook. Watching her relaxed and calmed me. She would cook for me and do other chores in the house, but of course I'd help out when I could. I could talk to her about literally anything without feeling judged. We knew each other so well. I couldn't help but smile to myself while she prepared our dinner. I realized that my mom wasn't like most moms. And that makes me really happy.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

I was spread out across my bed with my book opened in front of me. I had my earphones plugged in. I was vulnerable to the world around me. As I flipped another page of my book, the music blasting in my ears suddenly stopped playing. I checked my phone and shrugged in frustration.

Chase: Are you busy?

Me: Yeah. Really busy.

Chase: I wouldn't call reading a book that busy. It actually looks pretty boring.

I glanced outside my window and sure enough, Chase was leaning against the railings of his balcony, watching me through my window.

Me: You're starting to creep me out.

Chase: Hey, I'm not the one who doesn't close their curtains.

Yeah, right. About that...

Me: whatever

Chase: Got a dress already?

Me: Yup. You better be telling the truth about the tie you're wearing.

Chase: I am.

Chase: Wait, did you buy a matching dress?

Me: Maybe, maybe not.

Chase: Sure...

Me: Sure...

Chase: Sure...

Me: Sure...

Chase: So is this going to be our thing now? Like, the Fault in Our Stars thing?

Me: Wasn't the word they used 'okay'?

Chase: Whatever. It's still our thing now ;)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 5.1K 45
Emily is a girl who hides her beauty under glasses, wigs, and her nerdy exterior. She has been tainted by bullies. Left by many. Learned to be someo...
133K 3.4K 44
Liela moved in with her aunt Mrs Fidelia, and wanted to get the approval of her aunt's son 'Gabriel'. Unknowing to her, Gabriel had started developin...
13.1K 2K 49
♡I was shocked to see whose still bewitching eyes had just accidentally met with mine. Giovanni! A boy, a crush, and one fantastic kiss. I thought I'...
1.7K 6 80
Writing it more for myself then for others. First story Enjoy ;) Plot: Kelsey starts a new life. Will she find happiness in the end and who will she...