Happier || M.H & G.D

By multifandomwritingss

Lillian and Matty were the best couple, or so everyone thought. However, in reality they stopped making each... More

"We were happy... were."
"It's only been a month."
"Killing your liver isn't going to fix this."
"Look towards the future, not to Lillian."
"Thanks George, I appreciate you."
"My happiness will never be any of your concern."
Subconscious thoughts
"You haven't lost that grin off your face since you said he was here."
"I just want the best for you, I guess."
"There's no rule book for love."
"I guess we saw each other a little too soon."
"I had a talk with Ross, Adam, and Matty the other day."
"Poor Matty, he'll never make it out of this."
"I don't like him anymore, I have no reason to."
"My friends told one day I'd feel it too."
"Bitterness is such a hard pill to swallow."
"You're so adorable."
"Lillian, baby, I'm so sorry"
"It's not you, it's the ideal of love."
NOT AN UPDATE BUT PLEASE READ
"I can't"
"I love you."
"Either way, I need you."
"You never have to lose yourself for a guy."
"The feeling in my chest hurts worse than I could imagine."
"No one said I could, so don't get your hopes up."
"Do you have to leave me?"

"Sometimes home isn't a house or a place, but it's a human"

116 4 3
By multifandomwritingss

1 1/2 months later

Lillian pov-

I have been here for a total of a month, it's been pretty sad but I've also enjoyed the time I've missed out with my family.

"Do you want toast or a bagel?" I ask my uncle, he ponders for a second. "Toast is fine, thank you." He says, he picks up the newspaper. I gather both of our plates, then walk to the table; I leave his plate in front of him.

"So, when are you going home?" He asks, never looking at me, and takes a bite of the bacon I made. "I am home?" I question wearily, he chuckles. "Home is where the heart is honey, your heart is with that guy who came here." He tells me, I choke on my bagel.

He finally lays down the newspaper, giving me an expecting look. "What? This will always be my home." I say, he shakes his head. "Sometimes home isn't a house or a place, but it's a human. Don't get me wrong, I like the company when you're here; you're like a young Anna. However, I can tell you're still unhappy, and it isn't just from your aunt." He says and I sigh.

"I just don't want to leave you here alone in this house." I spill, he chuckles. "Honey, aunt Anna is still right here," he says while pointing towards his chest, "I'm doing decent. Before she passed, I mean minutes, she told me how much happiness I should feel when she's gone because I know that she'll be happy when she passes. She said she would no longer hurt, and that's all I ask for. She is my one love, and it hurts that she's gone, but she wants us both to be happy. I'll cope, but I can't cope when my little girl is sitting here moping." He says, I grab his hand.

"I love you a lot, you know? You always know the words to say, and even if they are very blunt. I'm just afraid of being in love or falling for him because of the situation." I say and he quirks an eyebrow. "Situation?" He questions.

"I broke up with Matty a few months ago, and I moved in with George because we've been friends for a while. George is in the band with Matty, plus they've been best friends long before I moved to Europe. However, he's helped me when I was sad, happy, and just whenever. I'm just afraid that the relationship will look bad on his part, and that maybe I'm only thinking this because he shows me attention and maybe I don't know what true love is." I explain, he nods.

"I can tell that you both like each other, maybe not love yet. However, if you could see the way he looked at you. Just please, go home. I love you here, but this stopped being your home when you fell for a guy. You're always welcome here and this will always be your other home, but he's your person for comfort and anything a home offers." He tells me, I smile genuinely.

"I love you, I promise to come back more than I did before. I just miss you and I miss him. I'm sorry if I'm just leaving you here." I apologize, he scoffs. "I'd just about do anything to see you happy again, you are so happy over in Europe." He gushes, I grin.

--

I step off the plane, oh did it feel good to be back in Europe.

I stop by the restaurant, Dana was the first person I saw. "Dana!" I call out, she engulfs me in a huge hug. "Welcome back, when can you start again?" She asks, I shrug. "I might be jet lag tomorrow, so maybe 2 days?" I ask, she nods. "I can't wait, we've missed you. I'm sorry about your loss, I'm surprised you're back so quickly." She says, I chuckle. "It's a long story, but I'll have to fill you in later. However, I'd like an order of mozzarella sticks." I tell her, she nods.

--

I use my key to open the door, oh how've I missed this house. This home. I walk through the door, it was tidy... which was surprising since I've been gone a month.

I walk into the living room, I see a girl sitting on the love-seat, George was sprawled across the regular couch. If the knot in my throat didn't hurt, it was the pain in my chest that hurt 10x worse.

"I'm... home." I say quietly, George almost fell off the couch. "Oh my God, you scared the hell out of me." He says, but he still runs toward me, engulfing me in a tight hug. "How are you holding up?" He asks, I shrug. "I've been better, just missed... Europe." I say, George kisses my cheek.

"Well, this is Kamden, she's my younger cousin. She just turned 18 and she's been here for about 2 weeks." George explains, Kamden gets up and walks to me, she gives me a hug. "George told me what happened, I'm so sorry." She said, I smiled into the hug; I don't think I've been more relieved. Ever.

"Thank you, it's nice to meet you Kamden. I'm Lillian." I say and she smiles warmly at me. "Nice to meet you, I'm sorry for staying here, I hope you don't mind." She apologizes, I shake my head quickly. "It's George's house, so it's not up to me. Either way, I'm glad you're here. Happy late birthday!" I say, she gives me another smile; she's just like her cousin, both their smiles can make you feel so much better.

"I'm so glad you're home." George says, he tugs me into another hug. I stay in his arms, taking in what I've missed the most. "I am too." I mumble into his chest. We stay like that for a few more seconds, until Kamden clears her throat.

"I'm going to go ahead and settle back in my room." I say quietly; jet lag hitting. "Well, why don't you sleep in my room? Kamden can get her extra stuff out and we'll wash the covers so you can get back in." George suggests, I nod. I slowly make my way to his room, immediately collapsing onto his bed.

Just as I started to dose off, I feel the bed beside me dip. "How are you feeling?" George asks quietly. "Tired." I say, he chuckles lightly. "We'll talk whenever you wake up." He says even quieter. "Okay, I need to tell you something later too." I say, starting to dose off again. I wrap my arms around his torso, laying my head on his chest. I feel his heartbeat speed up, but i just sigh; as I feel sleep taking over I hear George whisper "God, I've missed you so much."

--

I wake up in George's bed, I look at his clock and see that's it's 12 in the afternoon. I roll out of his bed, switching timezones and jet lag just take a lot out of a person.

I walk out of his room, they were on the couch like they were yesterday. "Afternoon, sleepyhead." George teases, I roll my eyes. "Afternoon George, Kamden." I say with a yawn. "Afternoon!" Kamden says cheerily.

I take a seat towards the end of the couch, George moved his feet for me. "So, I'm going to say this and hopefully it won't come off as wrong," I start off and they both turn their attention towards me, "what brought you here?" I ask and she laughs.

"I've been wanting to move out for about 1 1/2 and I just turned 18 about a couple weeks ago. I just needed a fresh start and George said he'd help me." She explains, I smile at her. "Well, I'm also here to help." I say, she grins. "Really?" She asks, I nod.

"When I was a teen, my parents handed me off to my aunt and uncle. I wanted to change my life, and they helped me. So, I want to help you." I say, she smiles. "You're the best." She says and gets off the couch to hug me. I was thrown off, but I still accepted her hug.

"So, did you live close to George when you guys were younger?" I ask, she nods. "Right down the street, I'm obviously younger, but he always protected me." She explains, I look at George and he looked proud of himself. "Of course I did." He says, I chuckle.

"Well, what's your plans?" I ask her, she shrugs. "I want to get my own, tiny apartment here in Manchester." She says, I nod. "Understandable. I'm sure we could find a 1 bedroom apartment, obviously with a kitchen and bath." I tell her, she nods. "That would be sweet, but I'm broke." She says, I frown.

"I'll buy it. I can help with at least the first 2-3 months. You can find a job, and start paying for yourself." George suggests. "I don't want you to spend your money like that." She says wearily. "You're like a sister to me, I'd love to help you get on your feet." He says, I smile at them.

"Wait, I can talk to Dana! She's looking for more help. I'm sure I can sweet talk her and get you started quickly! I mean, I only work a few days a week to pay electric, but you can pick up more shifts!" I say happily, her eyes widen with excitement. "Really, you'd do that for me?" She asks, I nod. "Yes, I would!" I tell her, she starts jumping up and down. "You two are absolutely amazing!" She cheers. "I guess it's time to house hunt." I say, she nods and goes to grab George's computer from his room.

"So what do you need to talk about that you mentioned last night?" He asked, he leaned over onto my shoulder. I start to think of my uncles words, I start to smile at them. Kamden comes back in the room. "We'll talk later, promise." I whisper, then make room for Kamden to sit.

HI HI, DIDNT PROOF READ AGAIN LMAO I APOLOGIZE FOR ALWAYS SAYING THAT! YEAH OK ENJOY, HOPEFULLY

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

451K 30.7K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
202K 7K 97
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
912K 21K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
1.3M 56.9K 103
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC