"I just want the best for you, I guess."

Lillian pov-

The next morning I woke up with a sting in my chest, the fear making me vulnerable for even more pain.

"How are you this morning?" George asks while stepping into my room, my old bedroom to be exact. They literally kept everything the same; I mean everything. My room is still the same dark taupe green, my old guitars cling to the wall, and my black comforter is the same one I picked out years ago. If I was an outsider, I would of assumed that I was actually living in this residence still.

"I'm fine, just a little out of it." I tiredly reply, rubbing the sleep out of my eyes. "You're going to be okay, I'm here for you." He says, he rubs my back soothingly. I lean my head on to his shoulder, he lays his atop of mine.

"We've been friends for a long time, and I'm now learning about the guitars." He says, he stands up; leaving me to tip over some. "Oh, yeah... they're pretty great. I got most of them when I was 15 years old, I love them." I say, I pick up the Starla PRS, he then picks up the black Fender Stratocaster. "Why is there a post-it note that says 'Mike' on it?" He asks, I smile. "I decided to name all my guitars. This one is Olive." I tell him, he smiles. "Pretty smart, you've got some nice guitars." He tells me, I nod. "I love them." I say, running my fingers across the guitar named Petunia.

"So you play?" He asks, I chuckle. "Oh, no! I just let them sit for decoration." I say sarcastically. "Okay, enough sass for today, let's go meet your aunt Anna." George says, I smile widely. "She's going to love you." I tell him, he chuckles. "Good, most people do." He kids, I shove him lightly. "That girl you tried to date last year would disagree." I joke, he sighs. "So true." He whispers, I shake my head. "I'll get dressed and meet you downstairs." I tell him, he stands up.

--

"So, she's not feeling too well today, but she says she wants to see y'all regardless." Uncle Tyler says, I nod slowly. "Okay, we're ready I guess." George says, we both scoot our wooden chairs back slowly.

I knock on the door, then proceed to inch it open. "Ah, there's the European Tree." My aunt jokes with him, I burst out in laughter. "Well, I see where she got her humor. Hi, I'm George, also known as Tree Man G." He says while offering his hand to her, but she engulfs him in a hug. "We're from the south, we just don't shake our family's hands." She says, he blushed slightly.

"So, how are you liking Alabama?" She asks, he shrugs. "It's a little hot for my liking. I'm so used to the brutal cold air from Europe." He explains, my aunt nods. "Lillian hated the heat too, but she's hated it since she was an actual child." My aunt tells him, I shake my head.

"Man, I can already feel all the embarrassing stories from my childhood approaching rapidly." I say sarcastically, my aunt smiles. "None of them were embarrassing to me. They were some of the best memories of my life with you." She tells me, I feel my heart flutter; I give her a kiss on the cheek. "Love you mom." I say and kiss her cheek once more.

"Do you remember that time when you were 16 and your car died in the middle of the road?" She asks, I think of the time and nod vigorously. "Yes, that scared the hell out of me." I say exasperatedly. "I can just remember the absolute horror on your face, it was priceless." She says, her laugh then turning into a coughing fit.

"I remember when you drove my car and it did the same thing, the look on your face was priceless." I tell her, she shakes her head. "You've got me there." She says, I grin. "George, do you have any interesting stories of this girl?" She asks, I look at him quickly. "Don't tell anything too bad, she's like a mom to me." I warn, they both chuckle.

"Ah, she's a very generous one. Has she told you anything of helping people?" He asks, she shakes her head. "We were both walking in downtown Manchester, she didn't live with me at the time, but she saw a homeless older man. Most the time you can tell the ones who are smooching or the ones who are really seeking help. She talked to him for a few moments, took her heavy coat off and handed it to him. I gave him a some dollars out of my wallet, then she suggests that we take him out to eat with us. She's truly amazing." He boasts about me, I blush as he just smirks towards me.