reef knot

By minghaoburgers

「i'm here to protect you, not to be your friend.」 ©minghaoburgers + note that this is not a taegi fic !! wi... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
final

twenty

3.8K 189 173
By minghaoburgers

calm before the storm that's probably not gonna be much of a storm pt.2

early update cause i don't have time to update tomorrow :<

+

December 29, 2016, 8 a.m.

Yoongi and I wake up at the crack of dawn the next morning so we can arrive at the amusement park before it gets too crowded. While Taehyung is still snoring away in his bedroom, we quickly wash up before changing into comfy winter clothes.

The sun has already risen by the time Yoongi and I leave the house, and when we reach the amusement park, it's already eight in the morning.

Yoongi pays the taxi driver his fare, before leading me through the gates of the park. Thankfully, the park is pretty empty besides a few tourists and families, just like what we planned.

"Let's go on that one!" Yoongi exclaims the moment we leave the ticketing booth, pointing at one of the many roller coasters that are propped high up in the sky.

Though the ride is innocently rainbow-colored, the tracks go round and round and round, and the cars seem to be travelling at an incredibly high speed.

I almost faint.

My boyfriend starts dragging me towards the ride by the hand, but I hold him back, pleadingly shaking my head.

"I don't wanna go on that one," I try to sound as nonchalant as possible.

"Why not?"

"Because it seems really boring," I lie to hide my fear.

Yoongi snorts. "You're scared."

"Am not!" I deny, face flushing.

"Wimp," he teases with a smug smile, and I punch him mercilessly in the shoulder.

He chuckles, before continuing to pull me towards the ride.

I groan, my mouth shaping into a pout.

"It's okay, I'll hold your hand," he winks, tightening his grip around my fingers.

However, just as Yoongi joins the queue, the guard holds us back, preventing us from boarding the ride. I almost kiss the middle-aged man.

"I'm sorry, Miss," he turns to meet my gaze. "I'm afraid you're too short for this ride."

"WHAT?!" I blurt out in shock, and Yoongi bursts into laughter.

"Oh god," he gasps between laughs, and I punch him in the stomach for the second time that day.

"You're not much taller than me either!" I argue, though he really is one whole head higher up.

"Explains why you're so down-to-earth," he makes a pun, before proceeding to laugh even harder.

I glare at him, stomping on his foot. He groans, abruptly stopping his laughter and releasing my hand to sooth his aching foot.

"That hurt!" he complains with a pout. "I don't see how anyone could stoop so low," he cracks another joke, before breaking into guffaws, pain long forgotten.

"ENOUGH WITH YOUR PUNS," I yell, mentally smacking my head. I thought Taehyung's puns were bad enough but apparently his are worse.

"Alright, alright," Yoongi says, laughter faded though a hint of a smile still remains on his face. He takes my hand back into his, before proceeding to lead me down the cement walkway in search of other rides. "What do you wanna ride?" he lets me choose this time.

"Mm," I hum while pondering, my gaze flitting all around the park in search of fun.

Finally, my eyes land on a ride with spinning teacups, and my face immediately lights up. "Let's go on that one!" I pull him towards the queue without waiting for a response.

He groans. "That ride is for kids!" he complains, but I ignore him.

We continue like that for the rest of the day, arguing over which rides to go on and Yoongi always giving in to me in the end.

We have a quick lunch at a Western restaurant beside the haunted house, before proceeding toward the carnival section of the amusement park.

"What do you want for Christmas?" Yoongi asks me as we stroll past the carnival stalls.

"A unicorn," I reply sarcastically while deciding on which game to play.

However, before I've even made my decision, Yoongi lugs me towards the opposite direction, before stopping at a stall on the right side of the carnival.

"What are you-" I start to protest, but he shushes me by pointing at a white stuffed unicorn sitting on the prize shelf inside the stall. It's at least half my height, and about twice my size, with a bright pink mane that's tangled in silver sequins.

"What do I have to do to get that unicorn?" Yoongi asks the stall owner politely.

"You know I was joking right?" I widen my eyes, though secretly finding it really sweet how he actually took my request seriously.

Yoongi ignores my comment as he listens to the stall owner explain the rules.

"All you have to do is shoot fifty balloons within a minute," the man says, sliding a gun across the counter while gesturing towards the board taped with balloons behind him. "You'll have to reload your gun for every ten bullets fired, and each refill of ten costs five thousand won."

I widen my eyes at the crazy price, but Yoongi seems unfazed. "Give me five packs of ten," he says, handing the stall owner a wad of notes.

"That's insane!" I hiss, trying to stop him, but all he does is wink at me.

"I got this," he assures me, before sliding one refill into the gun barrel. "They don't call me Min Sniper for nothing."

"Pretty sure they don't call you that."

"Yeah they don't," he admits, and I laugh. "But they are going to once I win you that unicorn."

I bite back a smile, and with that, the stall owner starts the timer.

"You may now begin," he announces, and Yoongi immediately starts to shoot.

Five balloons pop. Then another five more. Yoongi briefly pauses to reload the gun, before starting to shoot another ten balloons down. Then another ten, and ten more.

The stall owner stands in sheer shock as he watches Yoongi take down the last ten balloons, with three seconds left to spare.

Yoongi grins widely as the timer goes off, signalling the end of the game. Proudly placing the gun back on the counter, he waits patiently as the stall owner gets the unicorn from the prize shelf.

"Thank you," he respectfully bows at the man, before handing me the unicorn with a twinkle in his eye. "Here's your unicorn," he winks at me, and I take the stuffed creature from his hands with a huge beam.

"Oh my god, you actually did it," I say in wonder, wrapping my arms around his waist and sandwiching the unicorn between us.

"I told you so," he boasts, ruffling my hair.

"I wish my daughter's boyfriend could be more like you," the stall owner tells Yoongi with an envious smile, and my boyfriend blushes with a humble shake of his head.

"He's only like this sometimes," I deliberately put Yoongi down, and he glowers at me.

"Even after all that I've done for you," he sighs, and I giggle, pecking him on the cheek.

"Kidding," I tell him while hugging the unicorn as tightly as possible. "Can we get candy floss?" I make another request, suddenly craving for the cotton-like candy.

"Yes, Your Highness," Yoongi smiles, placing a hand on the small of my back as he guides me towards the snacks stall at the other end of the carnival.

"YAY," I exclaim excitedly as I watch my boyfriend hand the stall owner a five-thousand won note in exchange for one stick of candy floss.

I am about to reach for the pink substance when Yoongi suddenly raises his hand , holding the candy floss high up above his head where I can't reach. He bends down with a sly smile to look me in the eye.

"You'll only get to eat if you kiss me," he smiles slyly, before playfully puckering his lips.

I roll my eyes, pecking him on the lips without hesitation. "You can just say so if you want a kiss," I tell him with a small smile.

"It's more exciting if you're doing it because I asked you to," he winks while straightening himself. Lowering his arm, he shreds a generous bit of the candy floss before gently stuffing it into my mouth, laughing softly as he watches me gobble up the candy like a starving animal.

"Are you like, into BDSM or something?" I giggle while allowing the candy to melt in my mouth.

"Maybe," Yoongi answers mysteriously, opening his mouth while waiting for me to feed him in return.

I roll my eyes, giggling as I tear some of the candy floss off the stick and placing it onto Yoongi's tongue. He smiles in satisfaction, and it occurs to me that I've never seen Yoongi smile this much in a day before, despite his face looking like a swollen pig's knuckle, thanks to all the bruises.

That evening, just before the park closes, Yoongi drags me towards the Ferris wheel, and I don't protest. As long as it's not a roller coaster.

The queue isn't long, though mostly comprised of young couples and happy families. We get into a cabin in no time at all, and the ride starts with a slight jerk once the guard has secured all the doors.

We stay silent throughout the ride, quietly admiring the scenery beyond us through the windows.

"Hey, we're at the top of the Ferris wheel!" he exclaims excitedly after a while, before pulling me to my feet. "Make a wish!" he tells me, clasping his hands together and gesturing for me to do the same.

He scrunches his eyes shut, and I follow with a small grin.

I wish Yoongi and I can be like this forever.

"What did you wish for?" Yoongi asks me as my eyes flutter open.

I shake my head while lowering my hands back to my sides. "It won't come true if I tell you," I stick my tongue out at him. He pouts, and I giggle, but don't relent.

When the ride finally ends, I hug the stuffed unicorn close to my chest as we get down from our cabin, movements sluggish after spending the whole day at the park.

"Tired?" Yoongi asks me with a small smile, and I nod, letting out a yawn as we both exit the park.

He shakes his head, walking in front of me and bending down as a gesture for me to climb onto his back. I comply, wrapping my arms around his neck and allowing him to lift me up into the air as he straightens himself.

I remain on his back while he waits for a cab at the taxi stand, and eventually, I start slipping off into Dreamland.

Right before darkness overtakes my vision, I feel Yoongi place a peck on my forehead.

"Goodnight," he whispers, before kissing me again, on the lips this time.

"I love you."

***

I wake up the next morning on the bed in Taehyung's guest room, sunlight filtering through the windows and brightening the dull wooden floor. The unicorn that Yoongi won for me yesterday is still in my arms, and I smile at the sight of it.

I glance around the room for Yoongi, but he's not here.

He must be making breakfast or something, I conclude, before placing the unicorn on the mattress beside me as I lower my feet onto the ground. I'm still clad in my sweater and jeans from yesterday.

"Yoongi?" I call out when I enter the living room, but it seems the apartment is empty. Jimin probably spent the night in the office, but where are Yoongi and Taehyung?

Just as that thought registers, the front door flies open, and in comes a panicked Taehyung.

"Where have you been?" I ask, eyes wide in curiosity.

He shakes his head, and only then do I realize that his hair is drenched in sweat.

"Yoongi's missing," he pants, gaze flustered.

"Maybe he just went for a morning run?" I suggest, but Taehyung shakes his head again.

"His clothes," he pauses for a moment to catch his breath, "they're all gone. He isn't picking up his phone either."

I widen my eyes at Taehyung's words. "B-but he was just here yesterday!" my voice is frantic.

"Did he leave you anything that said he was leaving?" Taehyung asks while shutting the door behind him.

"No he-" I start to say with a frown, but widen my eyes a second later. "The cassette tape!" I exclaim, running towards the couch where I left the tape and album two nights ago.

Promise me you'll only listen to it the day after tomorrow.

"Oh God," I mutter, picking the cassette tape up from the cushions and turning to Taehyung in haste. "Do you have a cassette player?" I ask, and he nods, rushing into his bedroom. I follow him into the room, and he hands me a small device that's only a few inches wider than the tape itself, though a lot thicker.

I randomly press a button, and the tape holder pops open. I slide Yoongi's cassette in hastily, before pushing the holder back in. It shuts with a soft click.

"You can't listen to that without headsets," Taehyung tells me, handing me a pair of earphones. I hurriedly pluck it into the device, before stuffing both buds into my ears.

"Park Jiyoung," I hear Yoongi's voice through the earbuds.

"By the time you're hearing this, I would probably already be on a train to Daegu."

+

I CAN'T BELIEVE Y'ALL ACTUALLY THOUGHT THE CASSETTE TAPE WOULD BE A RAP COMPILATION OMG THAT'S ACTUALLY A GR8 IDEA

why didn't i think of it before i started planning this tragic ending ;-;

;minghaoburgers

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 522 6
︵ ₊˚✰ ❝ i wish you could be mine. ❞ ─ it was just another year of MAMA, but little did they know this time round was a little bit special... a sho...
1K 82 30
A BTS fanfiction based on the universe of Avatar the last airbender. Join Kim Namjoon as he searches around the world to find his team Avatar and sav...
13.1K 397 14
✰✰ Seven people who all have their own problems are put in the same ward at the mental asylum. They are considered the most difficult group to contro...
4.4M 221K 128
smile till' your cheeks get six packs.