Black Butler and the Modern R...

By goldenscares666

When home alone, Y/N has a strange encounter with a man claiming to be a television god, who grants her the a... More

God of the Television
Street Performance
The Queen's Butler
Performer's Permit
Cackling Coffins
Growing Suspicions
Jack the Ripper
Superiority
The Alternative I
Devilish Performance
Surprise Visitor
Damn Angels
Be Our...
Afterparty
The Return
Village of Dogs
Fun in the Sun
How to Train Your Demon Hound
Frost Fair
Cold as Ice
Dolls of Death
Knotted Up Strings
His Master, Impure
Build Him Up With... What The Hell?
Street Brawling Butlers
Evenly Matched
A Depressing Game of Old Maid
The Deer in the Black Tailcoat
Plans for the Exhibition
Arthur's Request
Crystal Palace Performance
Delicious Dishes of Curry
Kali Has Risen
A King in an Isolated Castle
Ciel, but Without Sebastian
Acceptance of Forgotten Pain
In-Between the Colorbars
My Deepest Apologies
This Chapter's Called: Sebastian Can't Keep It In His Pants, Apparently
Chase Through the Reaper's Library
When Tragedy Stikes
The Funeral
The Dead Becomes the Living
Santa is a God
Transforming
Adventure in France
London Is Burning Down
JuDgMeNt DaY
Ashes To Ashes
A New Day
The Doctor Is In
The Alternative II
Congratulations!
Welcome to the Freak Show
Guess I'm a Freak
After The Show
The Caged Performer
Break Out
The Book of Spells
Stormy Night
Final Chapter: Servants
!Attention!

Possession of the Static Noise

10.8K 542 206
By goldenscares666

•Y/N: Your Name

——————————————————
___________________________________
Your POV:
___________________________________

There was a brief moment of stunned silence before Ciel absolutely lost it. "Still alive? That can't be! We all saw him collapse." The boy turned towards Sebastian for his reaction and was easily able to decipher that the doll maker was indeed deemed dead when they left the manor that cold, winter's night off of his expression. I hold up my hands when his gaze pointed at me.

     "Hey, don't look at me! I don't know what the heck happened. All I did was fix him up a little before falling asleep, and when I woke up, I was in some bed in the mansion and he was definitely not dead." Having no reason to believe otherwise from me he brings a hand to his head, brows pinched tight in frustration.

     "This isn't good. We'll have to handle this immediately. There's no telling what he's been up to all this time. We have to find him. Sebas—"

     "Actually," I interrupt his order before it could be spoken, my voice a little strained from nervousness, which made me wish I had Teddy with me to deal with it. I hold my own the best I could, clearing my throat before admitting. "I don't think you have to worry so much about that. He hasn't left the manor, and for some reason, he thinks I'm his new master." In that instant, I felt all their trust fizzle out between us as Sebastian glared sharply down on me with suspicion.

     "New master?" I felt my blood run cold at his voice as Ciel contributed with an angered remark.

     "You didn't think to tell us this sooner?"

     "I just—"

     "Sebastian, take us to that manor, now." No longer paying me any mind, the boy turns his heel and walks in the direction of their coach.

     "Yes, young master."

     "H- Hey, hang on. Wait! I'm coming with you." My feet race after them and Ciel didn't argue, knowing I would likely somehow appear there regardless of whether he accepted or denied. He did not however acknowledge me for the entire ride, forming a black hole in my stomach. I feel like something bad is about to happen. Should I have just kept this to myself? It isn't as though Drossel has been hurting anyone. "Ciel, what exactly are you planning to do with him?"

    "Dispose of him, naturally. We can't leave a deranged puppet walking around, especially after last time." His fist tightens around his cane, which was laid across his lap, a far-off look appearing in his eye.

     "You can't do that!" I deny, my voice strict this time.

     "And why not?"

     "Because Drossel hasn't harmed anybody in my care! In fact, he's been pretty damn helpful, so excuse me for feeling that we shouldn't just get rid of him like that."

     "In a game of chess, it is beneficial to remove any and all pawns belonging to an opponent before they could have the chance to get the jump on you." I felt a chill roll down my back at his words as he gave me the most serious look to strike my soul. "Can you really defend that thing after all that he's done— What he's done to Lizzy and all those other unfortunate girls?"

     "He only did those things because they were his old master's orders. That is all he knows to do is follow orders! He hasn't done anything wrong ever since he became my butler!"

     "Your butler? You mean to say that you've actually accepted him as your servant?" If possible, his glare became even more nasty towards me, but I refused to back down.

     "Of course I did! Who else would watch over him?"

    "Y/N, how stupid are you?"

     "Excuse me!?" You know, I can take a lot of shit, but we're talking about killing someone I've begun to think of as a friend here! Am I supposed to just sit there and let it happen after Drossel has been so caring towards me? I took to clenching and unclenching my fists to calm down as I took deep breaths, however, it was not enough to calm me down. My thoughts were scrambled. What am I supposed to do? I can't let them kill him, but what chance do I have once he orders Sebastian to do the deed?

     'Teddy. I don't have Teddy. I can't calm down without him.' I felt claustrophobic in the carriage, so I quickly whipped out my T.V. remote and sent myself home before anything could be done to stop me. I could hear Ciel shouting as I disappeared, but I don't care. I need to think! Before I know it, I'm pacing in my living room, rambling like a lunatic while biting at my nails.

     "I can't just let him do this. Drossel is my friend. He's practically family now, and family is supposed to protect each other, right, but what do I do?!" Shouting in frustration, I dig my fingers through my hair before a familiar ringtone interrupts me. Picking up my phone, I glared at the caller ID. "Mom, I don't have time for you right now!" Declining the call, I face the television and point the remote as I input the code. I can't waste anymore time. I have to be there to stop this. I stumble out in front of the manor and felt my gut twist at the sight of the front door being left wide open.

     'No, they can't be here already! Please, please, tell me they didn't do anything yet!' So distraught that I didn't even realize I was crying, I ran right in and looked around frantically, calling out my servant's name.

     "Drossel! Drossel, where are you!?"

     "My lady?" My feet slid to a stop as I turned towards the doll in relief. He so innocently tilted his head in concern. "I must wonder to myself, why is she crying?"

     "Drossel! Thank God you're okay!" Breaking down, I ran to him and threw my arms around his hard torso, my breathing finally regulating from being able to squeeze something. My tears dampened his blue coat, and I hated to rip myself away from him, but we had to get out of here immediately.

     "We need to go now!" Just then, Arthur appeared in a rush after hearing all the commotion.

    "Miss Y/N, what's goin' on?"

     "Get Oliver now!" Without further question, he nodded his head.

     "Yes, mam!" Arthur gives a salute before running off as I hurriedly reached for the remote to take Drossel to my world, where he'll be safe. It's the only place Sebastian won't be able to reach him. My heart nearly flew out of my chest as a fork collided with my hand, sending the device flying across the floor, out of reach.

     "That's enough of this, Y/N. Step aside," I looked over to Ciel and his armed butler in a mix of fear and anger as I stepped in front of Drossel with my arms wide. I at least can't die in this world, so if I can, I'll be his shield, though I doubt that'll do any good against Sebastian and his silverware weaponry.

     "I'm telling you, this is unnecessary!" The young Earl gave a sigh, as if he were disappointed in me, before turning to the demon.

     "Sebastian, take care of this."

     "Yes, my lord." My body shook as he charged right at us, aiming for Drossel only for me to jump in the way and receive a good sized hole in my stomach. I gave a scream as he pulled his hand from me, collapsing to the floor with my arms wrapped around my gut as it quickly repaired itself, coughing as I felt my insides rearrange.

     "Y/N!" I peered over to Arthur, who held his terrified brother, as Drossel stood back in shock.

     "I won't... Let you." I glare up hatefully at Sebastian, my voice coming out unusually low and choppy. "I won't let you kill him!" I felt disconnected from my body as my rage took over, unable to notice the walls glitching out around me. It was enough to make the demon still to keep a watchful eye on his surroundings. "He is my family now, and I won't let you take him!" A sharp sound cut through the air from an unknown source, a continuous, high-pitched ring that felt deafening to the ears, as the walls changed to blinding colors of bars one would normally see on a disrupted broadcast. Too blinded by rage, I couldn't get myself to stop, nor could I control the words spilling out of my mouth.

"TRY AND I'LL KILL YOU."

     My voice... It didn't sound like mine at all, glitched and echoed, high and low with a mix of frequencies. I felt possessed, as if another entity had taken ahold of my body. I couldn't take hold of my body, my words or even emotions. I stayed angry, though internally, I was afraid of what was happening and the fact that I could not stop myself.

     "Master!" The pitch of the ringing became higher by the second, to the point everyone covered their ears, while Sebastian gave sacrifice to his own in order to cover Ciel's. Meanwhile, I wasn't affected in the slightest. Everyone seemed to be shut out though they were certainly still there. I could barely make out the screams coming from Arthur and Oli as Drossel fled in a hurry. Ciel fell to his knees, palms reddening as his ears began to bleed, leading Sebastian to press harder against his head as the boy screamed in agony. Tears were streaming from my eyes as I failed to pull myself together.

     'What's happening to me? Why can't I stop?' I suddenly became aware of a pair of arms wrapping around me from behind, holding firmly as gloved fingers intertwined with my own after a light object was placed on my lap. The hands force me to hold the item before embracing me in full. My eyes shut as my focus goes only to the plush bear and squeezing it. Gradually, the static noise fades as my head begins to clear.

     "It's all right, my lady. You can relax now," whispered the gentle voice of Drossel into my ear as my head leaned back into him, feeling light. When I opened my eyes, my vision was blurry, but I could at least tell that the color bars had gone away. I had attempted to speak only to let out strangled groans as my body fell limp, unconscious...

   "Well, that was quite a show!" The sound of a whistle followed by clapping jolts me awake. I shoot up with a sharp gasp and twist my head around to find I'm someplace white, like completely white. It was blinding. The room was empty, and I sat dead center of it on the floor. It was not comfortable but not uncomfortable either, weirdly enough. "Though, word of advice, you might be want to work on that anger of yours. It could get you into some serious trouble." My neck hurt trying to pinpoint the source of the disembodied voice, but no one was there. There was something oddly familiar about it, though.

   'That voice, where have I heard it before?'

   "But, I must admit, it's been pretty interesting to watch. Haven't had entertainment like that in who knows how long."

    "Who are you? Where are you?"

   "Oh, don't tell me you forgot about me already." I jumped back in surprise when a pixelated figure manifested in front of me, glitching in and out of focus so much that I could hardly make out the wide, cheeky grin on their face. Squinting my eyes, recognition finally dawned on me, and my eyes widened.

"God?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 3.9K 46
Y/n is a alpha demon. The most powerful breed of demon. When Ciel summoned Sebastian he also summoned Y/n as well. However as a alpha demon he is a m...
34.9K 1.2K 43
Adrians first few years as a reaper were getting lonely, but then he saved a girl from falling down in the Grim Reaper library, and just looking at h...
152K 4.3K 18
This is a Sebastian x Reader story and this is taken place in all of Black Butler. Also I do not own most of the characters or some of the plot they...
195K 5.9K 27
[COMPLETED] -- (05/03/20) Ok let's get it!! I switched up the story a bit So your (Y/n), yes that fine specimen I see you, and you live with the pare...