Lucky (ORIGINAL)

By Warmhugs28

Hailey has felt alone for years, always wanting a special someone to love her and hold her. She'd never had t... More

Introdution
Chapter 1: New member
Chapter 2: Under the Stars
Chapter 3: I'm in Love with my Best Friend
Chapter 5: Breadsticks
Chapter 6: First Movie
Chapter 7: Promise
Chapter 9: Sectionals
Chapter 10: Merry Christmas
Chapter 11: I Love You THIS Much
Chapter 12: Was I Wrong?
Chapter 13: Agony
Chapter 14: Take me out?
Chapter 15: Perfect
Chapter 16: Don't Cry Sammy
Chapter 17: Lucky Nugget
A.N.

Chapter 8: You'll be Happier There

215 11 4
By Warmhugs28

"How'd it go?" Kurt asked, coming up to me at my locker.

A huge smile wiped across my face, I was so giddy after what just happened. I shoved the stuff I was holding into my locker, then I spun for effect and held out my left hand to show him my ring.

"What is that?! Hailey! Are you crazy! You can't marry him, you're only 17!"

"Calm down! Its a promise ring."

"Oh... now that's cute."

"I know! AH!" I jumped up and down, "He's so adorable, I love him so much!" I squealed, smiling and twisting my ring.

"You love him?"

I quickly nodded, "He said it first and something just clicked and I knew."

"That's awesome, I'm so happy for you. I have some news though."

"Okay... you're freaking me out."

"I don't know how I'm supposed to say this, so I'm just gonna say it. First I want to say that I'm sorry, and I love  you..... I'm transferring to Dalton Academy. I can't deal with Korofsky, pushing me around anymore."

"When....?"

"Immediately...."

I drew in a shaky breath, this was not happening, not now. "Kurt...." Tears filled my eyes.

"Please don't cry, you're gonna make me cry."

"I'm sorry, I'm just gonna miss you so much, I can't imagine not seeing you everyday, and now I have too, but you need this. You need to get away from the mess that is McKinley, and go somewhere where you are accepted. That's not here, it's at Dalton, and I am going to miss you SO much, but you need to figure out what's best for you. So, knowing that you have a better chance at happiness.... that makes me happy." I felt a tear run down my face.

Kurt held out his arms, "Come here."

I stepped closer and he wrapped his arms around me, pulling me in for a comforting hug.

"You're the best, best friend ever," I said, looking up at him.

"I know."

I laughed and stepped away, "You better text me every single day, and call me every other."

"I will, and I'm sorry that I have to leave, I just can't handle feeling like I don't belong anymore. You don't need me either, you have Sam, he'll keep you safe. He promised you that."

"I know," I said, smiling.

"Well I have to go say goodbye to everyone else in glee, so we should go."

I nodded, closed my locker, and turned to walk towards the choir room. When we got there I went up and sat by Sam.

"Hey, Babe," Sam said putting his arm around me and kissing me on the forehead.

"Hey..." Was all I had to say, my day was too crazy to say anything else.

"Kurt, I wanna talk to you about this amazing idea I had for a solo for you at sectionals."

"Can I make an announcement first?" Mr. Schue nodded, "I'm transferring, to Dalton Academy, immediately. My parents are using the money they saved up for their honeymoon to pay for the tuition."

"Kurt, you can't leave..." Tina said, quietly

"What the hell dude, how bout' you talk with me about this first? Finn said, standing up

"I'm sorry Finn but there's nothing to talk about, Karofsky's coming back tomorrow and that means I'm not."

"We can protect you!" Sam said

"Seriously, we can like form a perimeter around you like the secret service," Puck said

"Yeah!" Finn said

"The only thing that can really protect me is what they have at Dalton, zero tolerance no bullying policy, its enforced," Kurt said.

"Wait does this mean your gonna be competing against us at sectionals?" Rachel asked, concerned. I rolled my eyes.

"Kurt...." Mercedes got up and walked towards Kurt

He shook his head, his eyes filled with tears, "I'm sorry, I have to go..." he took a few steps backward then stopped. "Sam.... take good care of her."

He nodded, "Of course, man."

Kurt nodded back, a tear fell just as he turned around to walk away.

"Kurt, wait!" I stood up as I watched him walk away.

Tears flooded my eyes, "I can't do this right now!" I said running out of the room, I could hear Sam yelling after me, I didn't really care. I just wanted to get out of there, I didn't know where I was going, but I couldn't be there, not now. Not after I just watched my best friend walk away. I knew in my heart he needed this, but I need him. I ran until I got to the closest bathroom, and I went in. By now I was bawling, I didn't want to be crying but I was, honestly, I didn't even know why. I walked into the farthest stall, shutting and locking the door. I leaned my head against the door and took a breath hoping I could calm myself down, it didn't work. I just started crying harder, I walked over to the white tile wall, leaning against it. Wrapping my arms around myself and sliding down the wall on to the dirty bathroom floor. I didn't know how to feel, my boyfriend just promise proposed, and I confessed my love to him, and then I get kicked out of my classroom and told that my best friend is transferring, immediately. I had no time to prepare, this day was full of surprises and I hate surprises, especially when they are completely different. I put my head on my knees and cried out all my emotions, so hard that I felt like I couldn't breath.

I heard footsteps coming towards the bathroom and then the door squeak open. "Hailey?" I heard foot steps coming closer, the door rattled when they tried to open the door. I knew it was Sam, he was the only one besides Kurt that would come in the girls bathroom to comfort me.

"Hailey, I know your in there, just open up please. I can hear your sniffling."

I didn't reply or open the door, I just sat there.

"Hailey.... I will crawl under the door if you don't let me in"

.........

"Okay here I come," I watched as he got down on the ground and army crawled under the gap of the bathroom stall. "I told you," he said smiling, until he saw me and realized how upset I was. The expression on his face immediately changed to sad puppy and he quickly butt scooted over to me. I turned toward him and threw my arms around him, he wrapped his muscular arms around me, making me feel safe and secure. I cried into his chest, leaving a big wet spot on his shirt.

"Do you want me to take you home?" He asked in a comforting whisper.

"Please," I said looking up at him.

He stood up and grabbed my hand pulling me up, "Let's go then"

(Time skip to my house)

"Do you want to come in?" I asked

"Yeah, totally," He jumped out of the car and ran around to the other side to open my door.

We got to my door and I opened it, "Mom, Sam is here! We're going upstairs!"

"Well hello to you too," She  said, sarcastically.

I ran up the stairs, to my room and flopped onto my bed, Sam walked in the room and flopped on the bed with me. He was laying on his back, so I rolled over resting my head on his chest and wrapping my arm around him.

"Do you want to talk about...everything?" He asked.

"Not really... Not now anyways,"

"Okay," he leaned down kissing me on the forehead.

"Will you stay with me tonight? I don't want to be alone."

"Of course I will."

I got up, shut the door and turned off the lights, turning on my small table lamp instead. I slid off my ring and set it on my night stand, then pulled off my skinny jeans and threw them into the closet. My shirt was long and comfortable, so I just left it on.

"Do you want something....to-put-on..." I turned around to see Sam shirtless, which I wasn't complaining about because he was gorgeous, "Um never mind?"

He laughed, "Nah, I'm okay"

I crawled back into bed and cuddled up against Sam, then realized that I forgot to turn on music. I rolled away grabbing my phone off the nightstand, pressing play on the music.

"You should roll over this way, so I don't have to roll back, because I'm lazy."

Laughing, he rolled over wrapping his arms around me from the back.

"Love you," he whispered.

I rolled onto my other side, so that we were inches away from each other. I glanced down noticing how muscular and toned he really was, but then looked back up, making eye contact that filled the room with tension.

"I love you too," I leaned forward to kiss him and ran my hand through his fluffy blonde hair, while he held me close, I pulled away. "I'm really tired, can I go to sleep?"

"Yeah, goodnight"

"Night," I said cuddling closer, already falling asleep in his arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.8M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
996K 61.5K 119
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...
494K 7.5K 83
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
6.5M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...