Swing for the Fences (Dansby...

Por LoveBraves11

Best friends Jessalyn and Bristol have finally graduated from Vanderbilt University. Upon returning to their... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33

Chapter 21

602 12 2
Por LoveBraves11

Jessalyn had seen the entire thing unfold from home. She'd been on the edge of her seat the entire game and seeing Dansby and Andrew's spat had only made it worse. She felt tears sting her eyes as she realized it was all her fault. Had she not been around Andrew, the confrontation wouldn't have happened. Dansby had just looked so happy moments before when he'd crushed that homer. She glanced at her phone and debated texting him. He'd been ejected, so, therefore, he would get the text. She shook her head and leaned back. She couldn't bother him. Maybe Bristol was a better option? She grabbed her phone and pulled up her contact info, but seeing Bristol's picture made her sick. She'd kissed Dansby and kept it from her. What that was about, she had no clue, but she'd have to find out at some point before she could move on. She scanned down the phone sighed at the thought she had. She really wanted to know how Dansby was without asking him directly and there was only one other person she could trust enough to text.

♥ ♥ ♥

The game was over and thankfully, the Braves had held off to force a game seven. It would still take a miracle, but in Ender's mind, they actually had a shot. He made his way into the locker room and, per his usual routine, grabbed his phone. Of course, there were about ten text from Bristol. Everytime he did something she even slightly thought was cute, she would text him. It was just something funny they had started and he enjoyed it. There was another name on his screen though, one he didn't expect to see.

Hey, Ender... it's me, Jessalyn. I know you're still playing right now, but I just saw what happened with Dansby and I'm feeling awful. It's all my fault and I just want to know he's okay. You're the only one I can trust right now, especially since I still haven't spoken to Bristol. Will you please check on him for me? I just need to know he's okay. Also, I'd appreciate it if this stayed between us... We decided to give each other space and I don't want him to think I'm crowding him. Thank you so much! See you soon. -Jess

He read the message and frowned. His eyes moved over to Dansby. He looked so lost and honestly, he'd never seen him so sad. Ender's heart was heavy at the thoughts of Jessalyn and Dansby not working things out. He hoped that wouldn't be the case, but in these situations, you just never knew.

"Hey, Ender. Good game-" Dansby he'd up his fist to fist pump him, "I think we got it tomorrow-"

"Oh, we do-" Ender nodded and sat down beside of Dansby, "Listen, I'm going to tell you something but you have to promise me you won't say anything to anyone- ESPECIALLY Jessalyn.."

"Alright?" He had Dansby's full attention, "Go on-"

"She just texted me wanting to know how you were-" He paused, his eyes on the message in front of him, "She saw the game. She's worried about you, Swanson."

"What else did she say?" Dansby was hopeful as he stared back at Ender, "There has to be more!"

Ender shook his head, "She just wants to know if you're okay... but she doesn't want you to that she texted me."

Dansby nodded, "I'm okay. Please tell her I'm okay, and that I love and miss her. Oh, and that November the eleventh is still my favorite day-"

"Whoa, hermano, slow down-" Ender laughed, "You're giving each other 'space', remember?"

"Right-" Dansby nodded, "I just want her here. My heart can't be whole again when she's so far away and not wearing this-" He leaned up and pulled the ring from his pocket.

"You played with that rock in your pocket?" Ender raised an eyebrow, clearly questioning Dansby's sanity, "That's an expensive piece of equipment to hold in your pocket during a game."

"I don't care. She's got to be close to me," He smiled at the thought of her, "Don't you get it? It doesn't matter what she does or where she goes, she's mine. She always has been, she always will be. I am so in love with her. I should be mad that she kissed someone else- but---" Dansby met Ender's gaze, "All I can think about is holding her. And loving her."

Ender returned the smile, "My boy's really in love-" He grasped his shoulder and laughed, "Not that I doubted it but wow. It looks good on you-"

Dansby beamed, "Thanks, man," He glanced to opposite direction and realized the two of them hadn't really mentioned the kiss he and Bristol had shared. It was awkward, to say the least, but he hadn't seemed to be bothered by it, "I owe you an apology. The whole-- Bristol deal."

"You don't owe me an apology," Ender shrugged, "She didn't know me then. She's already had me now- she doesn't want you-" He playfully shoved his best friend, "Are you loco?"

Dansby's grin returned and he laughed, "My only regret is this happened during The World Series. We have a shot-" He nodded, "We could be World Series Champions this time tomorrow and she won't be here-"

Ender sighed, "It'll be okay. You've got the rest of your life to celebrate game seven."

That really didn't make him feel better, but he knew deep down, Ender was right, "Thanks, brother."

♥ ♥ ♥

Jessalyn was relaxing in bed, attempting to read a book when she heard her phone vibrate. Part of her hoped it was Dansby, but she wasn't disappointed when she saw it was Ender.

Jessalyn! Your man is doing okay, but he misses you something terrible. Listen, you trust me, right? Don't answer that, I know you do. You need to pack a bag and be ready at eight in the morning. You understand? -Ender

With a frown, she reread the message twice and quickly replied. What was he even talking about?

What? Why? Incairte, what are you up to? -Jess

Ender laughed as he tossed his bag over his shoulder and headed for the door. His eyes moved to where Dansby stood, the ring was in his hand and he stared at it as if it were still on her finger. There was only one thing that could fix this.

You're coming to game seven. And when we win, you're going to surprise him on the field. This boy is playing baseball with a twenty-thousand dollar ring in his pocket because it makes him feel closer to you. I'm not taking no for an answer, Jess. -Ender

She read his message and felt a flutter in her stomach. Dansby was keeping the ring on him during the game? Why did that make her so emotional, "Only my Dans.." She whispered and glanced over at the picture of them from college that was on her nightstand. She could hardly type through her tears, and the will to be stubborn had left her.

Alright, you win. I'll be there. Goodness, Ender, I don't know how I'm ever going to thank you for this. Or even if I should thank you. -Jess

Ender laughed as he stepped out into the hall and grabbed Bristol's hand. She kissed his cheek but didn't pay attention to his phone. She didn't need to know about Jessalyn coming, simply because he wanted it to be a surprise... the fewer people who knew, the better chance it'd stay a secret.

You don't owe me anything. Just show up and love that boy! You got a wedding in less than two weeks, you know. I'll see you tomorrow... at the game. -Ender

She bit her bottom lip and felt like a giddy teenager. Was this really happening? Was she really flying to Fenway to see her man win a World Series Championship? She hopped to her feet and quickly began packing a bag. She'd never sleep now, knowing that at eight in the morning, she'd be on her way to reunite with the love of her life. Things couldn't be any more perfect if she'd written it herself.

♥ ♥ ♥

The plane ride felt longer than usual, probably because she was alone, but Jessalyn didn't mind. Her heart was swollen with love for Dansby. She'd spent the entire flight watching videos of them she'd saved on her phone and scrolling through the various pictures on her camera roll. It may have sounded cheesy, but there would never be another love like that for her. The thought she'd almost lost it all made her extremely sick, which is why as she unpacked her bags in the room Ender had booked for her, she tried to think about anything but the situation.

"Knock, knock," Ender smiled as he pushed the door open, "Jess-" He extended his arms for a hug and she walked into them, "I'm so glad you made it!"

She breathed a sigh of relief, "I'm so happy to be here."

He pulled away from her and smiled, "He's going to be ecstatic. I don't even know what he's going to do-"

"Shouldn't I see him before the game? You know- give him a reason to play harder?"

"Trust me," Ender winked, "He's already playing his hardest. He wants to make you wish you were here and make sure you never miss another important game again."

"You're killing me, Inciarte!"

"What's my man doing to kill you? He's already done enough to me to kill us both. Twice." Bristol stepped inside with a smile. She was cautious and wasn't sure how Jessalyn would feel around her. It made her sad, but she had to try again at some point.

Jessalyn stepped back from Ender and frowned. She wasn't sure she was quite ready to see Bristol just yet. Emotions rushed over her, and she tried her hardest to realize Dansby loved her and wanted her, not Bristol, "Hi..."

"Hey," Bristol glanced to Ender and motioned for him to move aside. Once he had done so, she stood just in front of her best friend, "You can't stay mad at me forever, you know."

"Was this your idea? To bring me here?" Jess stepped back from her.

"What? No-" She shook her head, "I just found out like thirty minutes ago. That was all him-" She pointed to Ender, "Come on, Jess, just talk to me."

Jessalyn stared over to Ender and felt slightly annoyed that he would ambush her in such a way, "Ender-"

He suddenly pointed to his phone and shook his head, "I've really got to take this. Bye girls!"

She folded her arms and shook her head, "I can't believe he would do this to me and set me up!"

"With your best friend, right," Bristol shrugged, "You can't blame him, Jess. This is all me. I ask him when I found out about it if I could please have five interrupted minutes with you."

Jessalyn sighed, "Alright, go on. Tell me why you kissed my fiance and neither of you cared to tell me."

"It was right before he got the call-up-" Bristol remembered as she told the story as the details flooded back, "I had just broken up with someone- Kevin, I think it was- and I was feeling really sad. He told me he had someone on his mind and couldn't shake it... and there we sat, alone. You were studying late."

Jessalyn laughed softly, "When was I not?"

"Good question" Bristol snickered, "Anyway, we sat there in silence for a good moment then he said something funny, I can't even remember what- then it just happened. I mean, like that-" She sighed, "I can't say I regret it, but I also won't say I enjoyed it. It was awkward and not right. I mean, it wasn't like kissing Ender."

Jessalyn took a moment and processed what she had said. It didn't seem nearly as bad as she'd imagined. For some reason, she'd had them being all passionate and caught up in it... her mind had made it much worse. It was mentally trying to remain mad at her best friend, "I guess you really do like kissing Ender, huh?"

"Sort of. But don't tell him. He get's cocky-" She laughed, "There will be plenty enough reasons for him to be cocky after he makes the final catch of The World Series tonight."

The two laughed and Jessalyn nodded, "Oh my goodness, our men may actually win The World Series tonight! What are we going to do?!" She had butterflies and she grabbed Bristol's hand, "This is real!"

Bristol nudged Jess, "I don't know about you, but I know what I'm doing with Ender when they win-"

"Well, my game seven celebrations will have to wait a few more days," Jessalyn slightly blushed, "Thanks for the warning, though."

Bristol laughed, "You two are so precious. I can't stand it."

"Do you think he'll be happy to see me tonight?" Jessalyn had a real fear of rejection and she didn't know why. Dansby wouldn't do that. Or at least, she hoped not.

"Are you kidding me? I've never seen someone so miserable. Ender and I took him out to dinner last night- he didn't say three words. And when he finally spoke he said, 'I miss her'."

Jessalyn rubbed over the void on her ring finger and sighed, "I guess we should get going then?"

Bristol threw her arm around her best friend and grinned, "I guess we should-"

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

18.3K 318 23
Grace has always loved the game of baseball ever since her older brother played it. But one summer her and her friends decide to go watch the Little...
22.3K 167 13
In which a girl meets the only and only Dansby Swanson, also known as the kid who rejected her when they were 16.
18.8K 152 77
Imagines about your favorite braves players This will include -Austin Riley -Dansby Swanson -Matt Olson -Travis d'Arnaud -Vaughn Grissom -Max Fried...
46.8K 1.4K 25
Amariah and her family moves to New Orleans @ 12 she goes to a new school starts off fresh and she meets august they become best friends after years...