Power and Love

By Medrae

The old king is dead. His son, Alfred F. Jones, rises to the throne and has to find a Queen. When Alfred fin... More

Prologue: New Reign
Chapter 1: New Queen
Chapter 2: The Castle
Chapter 3: Prophecy
Chapter 4: Discussions
Chapter 5: Brother
Chapter 6: Wizard
Chapter 7: Echos
Chapter 8: Tears
Chapter 9: Coronation
Chapter 10: Royals
Chapter 11: Swords
Chapter 12: Memory
Chapter 13: Vision
Chapter 14: Battle cry
Chapter 15: Words
Chapter 16: Silence
Chapter 17: Homicide
Chapter 18: Assassin
Chapter 19: Ghost
Chapter 20: Nine of Spades
Chapter 21: Duel
Chapter 22: Homecoming
Chapter 23: Kisses, roses and tea
Chapter 24: Peace
Chapter 25: Surprise
Chapter 26: Traitorous mind
Chapter 27: Jokers
Chapter 28: Farewell
Chapter 29: River
Chapter 30: Meeting
Chapter 31: Truth
Chapter 32: Protest
Chapter 33: Feeling
Chapter 34: Revolution

Chapter 35: Burn

454 18 8
By Medrae

Arthur's POV

First time in weeks, I slept peacefully. Usually I would have those dreams, then woke up and fell asleep again. When I woke up this morning, only Matthew was awake. He greeted me, smiling and holding a bow and a quiver full of arrows.

"Where are you going?" I had asked.

"To hunt. Want to come with me?" I nodded and went to find a bow and arrows. I had wandered around here, and now I knew this place like my own pockets.

When we came back, my mood had brightened up a little. Matthew had told funny and maybe a little embarrasing things about Alfred. I was still chuckling to them, but it ended when I heard a bloodcurling scream of pain. I startled, glancing Matthew. He had a expression of horror and panic. He started running. I followed him, worried.

Soon we were at the where sick and dead were placed.

"Allistor!" Matthew exclaimed, looking around. Finally he spotted him. Again, I heard that scream. Dylan sat next to Allistor, holding his head in his hands. Brittany was stone-fased.

"Brother? What's wrong?" I hurried next to him. Allistor didn't answer, only looked away. Matthew walked next to him and sat down, hugging him. Dylan looked troubled.

"The sickness has come back." Brittany said, and I felt slightly nervous.

"What sickness?" Dylan answered to me.

"The sickness which killed Seamus and Patrick."

--------------

I let out a cry and woke up. I opened my eyes, glancing around, but luckily I couldn't see if anyone was awake. Or maybe they just thought it was the patient's cry. The sickness, as my mother calls it, kills its patient in a extremely painful way. It slowly eats away the patient's internal organs, so they couldn't eat or breathe well. Dylan said that there were no cure; they could only ease the pain. I hoped it wouldn't spread, or we'll be all dead.

"Why are you here, anyways? Shouldn't you usually stay away from the patient?" I had asked.

"All the people, who live here, are close to each other, so when one dies, we gather to say a farewell to them." Dylan answered. "Many of the people are immigrants, thiefs and murderers, who have their second chance here. Now they are good." I nodded.

Oh god, it happened again.. I saw that vision again. I rose up and sneaked out of the main cave. I didn't know why I see it over and over again. Tonight, however, it felt more vivid. It might be a warning, I thought.

The torches were burning as always, like they were enchanted. Even if I touched them, it didn't hurt. I inhaled deeply, enjoying the peace of night. Half moon was shining on the sky. I walked over to the bank of the river, where I sat couple days ago, when I had arrived here.

Suddenly, I noticed a man next to me. I startled, but the man only smiled warmly.

"Good night, youngster. What brings you here, to Verdi?" The man's voice was slightly hoarse, but nevertheless kind and understanding, like he knew what I was going through.

"Good night to you, sir. May I ask you, what is your name?" The man flickered, looking uncertain.

"I do not have a name, young boy." I felt rather annoyed, when he called me just a boy. I was seventeen, for god's sake! Well, my birthday is today, so I'm eighteen now. "But you can call me Virra."

"Virra? Interesting name. Where are you from?" His name didn't sound Spadian, or other kingdoms' names either.

"Oh.." The ghost's eyebrows furrowed. "I'm from a continent, which has been destroyed because of the wars we had." Now it was my turn to be confused.

"There aren't another continents, sir."

"Well, then it's this one." What? What is Virra talking about? There hadn't been any wars, or at least wars, where all kingdoms were.

"I borned on this place and I died on this place. There weren't this river and gulley then. Only a field and our house. Then, a bomb dropped here and I died."

"A... Bomb?" Virra nodded. I opened my mouth to say something.

"Yes, a bomb. And now I'm here, waiting for my love to come around." The ghost flickered again, before looking at me with sad eyes.

"Go. You have to go and see for yourself." The ghost disappeared, leaving me in confused. I sighed, maybe he was crazy. Then I felt it. The dread. It felt like I was choking on it, it was a knot in my guts. Something was happening. I gasped, surprised.

And it was bad.

I didn't know how I knew this. But still, I found myself stumbling to stand up and running towards the path, which lead to the forest. Somewhere there was a path, which lead to the castle, or nearby it.

I ran and ran, not caring about the thorns which shredded my pants. I smelled smoke, and I saw a glow of fire further. I knew what was happening, but I still couldn't believe it. I arrived at the forest's edge.

The castle was burning. It was like a huge bonfire. The fire had spreaded towards the forest, and people were running around, trying to extinguish it.

I walked forwards a few steps, before I collapsed on the ground. I panted, trying to understand what had happened. Then I realized. It was the revolution. Theresa had told us to be careful because of the Freedom Fighters, but we had forgotten them. Now they striked, and I couldn't do anything.

"Wee brother?" Allistor's voice seemed to come from afar. I heard other voices, which sounded like Matthew and Dylan. Dylan sounded surprised, like Matthew, but there was something else in the former prince's voice. Anger and sadness, I realized.

"A-alfred... No.." I managed to choke out. "I... need to find him..." I tried to stand up, but my legs didn't support my weight. Allistor caught me, before I fell again on the ground. Alfred might be dead, or lying on somewhere, shouting for help. I couldn't help him, and I was a wizard! Sometimes it felt like magic was useless. That sentence gyrated in my mind. I couldn't help him.

"We'll help you find him, Arthur." Dylan said. How did I got so caring brothers?

Tears, which streamed down my cheeks looked like blood droplets in the glow of fire.

I choked back a sob and buried my face against Allistor's chest. I didn't know what his reaction was, but I didn't really care. All the emotions I had bottled inside of me, came out as tears.

"Rebels will tear your kingdom from its roots. And you can't do nothing. Be lost, be found."

"Follow the ghost. Find your blood. Seek for love."

I swear those usuk cardverse pictures is what I live for-

Congratulations! You've made it through here.

As you know, this is the last chapter of Power and Love, and I want to thank all of you, who left comments, voted or just read this. You have no idea how brighter a comment made my day. And, I have no idea how, when and why I have 1,72K reads and 241 votes. It might not seem big to you, but to me it is.

I got this idea while I was writing a story named "Oblivion" (it tells about an angel [named Joanne] who is captured in a war against the demons. He meets a demon [named Nicholas] in Hell, who helps him to get away. Joanne falls, like Nicholas, and they winded up to a place, where they live their forever. They can't get out of there. Eventually, they fall in love.) in English. (I swear there were at least hundred mistakes. I wonder how many mistakes is in this?) I planned first the main events of this story, which were Alfred almost dying in the war against Diamonds, the Jokers getting the King and Queen on the cliff, Arthur falling and the revolution. Then I started writing, and while I wrote, I planned the smaller events, like Theresa's death, proposing, the failed assassination of the King of Spades and the prophecy.

There are few things, which I changed, and it was Rick's role, the time of revolution and the appearance of Arthur's brothers, mother and Matthew. Rick was a rebel, whose mission was to kill Arthur. He died by his rapier, though. The revolution was supposed to happen after Arthur had fallen and returned. Allistor, Dylan and Brittany weren't supposed to appear in this at all. Matthew returned to castle with Arthur, after he had healed from fever.

So, this story is finished, after four months (wow, that makes me feel slow)

(I swear that I listened too much music while writing this... I've listed them here)

Two Steps From Hell: None shall live, Victory, Heart of Courage, Sons of War

Jon Bellion: All Time Low, Carry Your Throne

Panic! At The Disco: When The Day Met The Night, Emperor's New Clothes, Death of A Barchelor, House Of Memories

Galantis: Hunter

ItaloBrothers: Summer Air

Blackmore's Night: Loreley, Ghost of a Rose

Set It Off: Partners in Crime, Wolf in Sheep's clothing

Thirty Seconds To Mars: This Is War

BTS: Not Today, Dope, I NEED U, Interlude: Wings

EXO-K: Overdose

Forever The Sickest Kids: La La Lainey, Nikki, Whoa Oh! (Me vs Everyone)

The Royal: Dreamlife

VanLadyLove: Neverland

Hamilton: An American Musical

The Script: Half of Fame

David Guetta: She Wolf (Falling to Pieces)

Thousand Foot Krutch: War of Change

Of Monsters and Men: King and Lionheart, Little Talks

Five For Fighting: Heaven Knows, Your Man, Symphone Lane

About A Mile: Born to Live

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 345 10
A UsUk cardverse, where the Queen Of Spades has yet to be found. Arthur lived a normal life in the Diamond Kingdom, with one of his brothers, Jett...
760K 32.2K 32
Book 1 - Gyres of Hunger (MxM) A world that has divided citizens into different classes, there's people who rule and people who follow. Ezekiel is s...
729 25 10
Alfred F. Jones is a Time Mage who travels across all of history to stop the Red Time Mages from destroying Spadia. He is a Knight of the future, the...
2.4K 178 15
The world of Suits is changing. The Kingdoms have gained new rulers, what will happen between these rulers and what drama will unfold? Diamonds poin...