Superheroing 101

By Amgeek

"Man Castello You are really out of breath." Irene laughed. "That's cause you took my breath away." I smiled... More

Chapter 1: Castello
Chapter 2: Richie
Chapter 3: Venus
Chapter 4: Clone
Chapter 6: Late Night Kisses
Chapter 7: Mom
Chapter 8: Evil
Chapter 9: Tutor
Chapter 10: Smart
Chapter 11: Kidnapped
Chapter 12: Exposed
Chapter 13: Eneas
Chapter 14: Investigating
Chapter 15: Stones
Chapter 16: Exposed Part II
Chapter 17: Threat
Chapter 18: Time to be a Big Boy
Chapter 19: Trade
Chapter 20: Hospital Bed
Chapter 21: Energy Ball
Chapter 22: Finally...
Chapter 23: Epilogue

Chapter 5: Alena

30 1 22
By Amgeek

I followed behind Clone watching as she searched the city. I got close enough to grab her clothes. She panicked a bit as we floated We safely landed in a parking lot. She caught her breath and looked at me.

"You should trust mo-"

She smacked the absolute shit out of me. She took a deep breath ready to say something but instead kneed me in the gut. She got in a fighting stance but saw I couldn't get up.

She grunted in satisfaction and quickly hopped away.  "FUCK YOU." I yelled after her.

---------

I stared in the mirror looking at the hand print still on my face from last night.

Astrid came in happy but stopped. "What happened to your face?"

"I was slapped. "

"Was it Alena?" She said touching it.

"No." I sighed.

"You have to be careful around these girls. Some times. They hear stuff that hasn't been said." She laughed.

"I'm getting advice from my 15 year old sister." I laughed. She rubbed lotion on the slapped then slapped me on the arm.

"Dont be arrogant."

I kissed her forehead. "I'll be fine." I slipped by her.

I grabbed my bag and looked at my dad.  "You got slapped."

"Guilty."

"You know you are going to your mother's this weekend."

I groaned and he chuckled a bit. "I know I know. I don't wanna go though."

"But she was equally responsible to the making of the two of you."

"But she's so annoying. A new boyfriend everytime we see her."

"Yes. Your mother had never truly settled down. Even when we were married" He huffed. "But you are there to see your mom not her boyfriend."

"Oh I am. She lives just outside this city. So far she's dated three of my teachers" Astrid ran in.

I smirked. "I must get to school. I don't want to be late."

"You are almost always late." He laughed. I stepped out the house in a happier mood than before.

"Good morning Zach." Alena sat outside fiddling with her keys.

"How long have you been out here?"

"Not long really. I was going to offer you a ride to school. Since my party ended up like shit" she laughed.

"It wasn't your fault. Clone kind of smashed through."

"Yes. Clone." She averted her eyes.

"Do you not like clone?"

"She's a really great hero. I really do love her."

Clone is a new hero. She can't already have fans right? Suspect one. Alena. Could she really be Clone? They were in the same room together. Then again, Clone can make clones that have her smarts.

"What do you know about Clone."

"She's fast. She's smart....."

"Are you Clone?"

She twisted her face and laughed pulling me to her car. "I wish."

I got in the car as she tensed up a bit and drove away from my house. "Buuuut. Seeing as I know who you truly are. I might as well tell the whole school your identity."

I laughed. "Ok Alena"

"Zach." She looked at me solemly. She parked at a dead end street. She unbuckled herself and crawled towards me she pulled me into the back seat.

Well she sort of pulled me I went of my own free will. "If you don't tell people my secret I won't tell anyone yours." She began to put her lips on mine. As in my super hero identity?!? "What secret" I said reluctantly holding her.

"It wouldn't be much of a surprise if everyone knew it right, Castello?"

"You've got the wrong guy." I smirked.

"It didn't take much to look in your bag." Her eyes narrowed and she smiled.

"Why did you-"

"I am allowed to look into any bag that may seem dangerous. If you see something say something right?"

I pushed her away. "No one would believe you." I smiled getting out of the car. "And I doubt you are Clone."

Alena popped out of the car and another stayed inside

"Now do you believe me?" They both said simultaneously.

I looked in shock...  "You got me. Sorry. I've been name calling you."

She turned my cheek. "What happened there."

"You.... Smacked me."

"I di- It wasn't that hard."

"Then punched me in my gut."

"You got what you deserved."

"I really didn't do anything."

"Yes you did."

"What did I do then?"

She twisted her eyebrows then folded her arms. "You know exactly what you did. It hurt me alot actually. I'm tired of talking."

I didn't realize it but her clone disappeared. I got back in the car contemplating. Why the hell did she kiss me if she dislikes me?

----

We arrived late. "Jump to the roof"

"No. Unlike you I don't flaunt my powers in public without a mask" I said opening the door.

Alena sighed and put her hand into mine. She kissed my cheek. "Why are you showing so much affection?"

"You are the famous Callesto and I am the equally if not more famous Clone." She giggled. "We are a crime fighting duo. Who wouldn't want to be near you."

Andre and Venus looked at us in confusion. Especially Venus. "What are you two doing?" She asked staring at our hands.

I instantly unlocked our hands. "Well Zach and I are, you know......."

"We aren't." I frowned.

"Don't make me expose you." She whispered playfully

"What happened to your face?" Andre asked.

"I was smacked by her." I sighed.

"Smacked? Why?"

"I pulled her and scared her." I sighed

"What the...." Andre mumbled.

Alena laughed a bit. "Don't worry. I'm not going to hurt any of you."

Venus scoffed. Alena gave a sweet smile and dragged me away. "What's your relationship with Venus?" Her smile faded

"She's a sister of my close friend."

"I don't trust her....."

I twisted my lips. "How come?"

"She laughed at me and her puff on her head looks kinda-"

"Dont be mean" I chuckled a bit. "I trust Venus. It's not like she's a super villain."

Alena frowned. "She isn't, but someone in this school is. I've been finding more and more of the symbiote."

"In this school?"

"Especially in the science classrooms."

"Would you like to investigate tonight?"

"Like a date?" She smiled

"No.... It's our jobs...." I looked at her confused.

"Oh sorry." She blushed and looked away. Clone is adorable. Smart and fast. But I don't trust her one bit. Alena finally let me out of her sight to branch off to her friends. Why would she tell me her identity.

"Are you dating her?" Andre came up to me.

"No." I laughed. "Venus!" I remembered something.

She looked up at me. Her light eyes narrowed a bit. "Why weren't you at the party yesterday?"

"I wasn't invited. Alena and I have a history. Why? Did you miss me?" She laughed.

"You know alot of science right?"

"I take AP classes in it, so yes."

"How is a symbiote formed?"

She froze. Her face lost color as her lips pressed together lightly. "You- I- I dont kn-"

"Like Venom in Spiderman."

She huffed. "Well. I don't know much. But maybe they come from space l-"

"I'm not actually talking about venom, Venus I'm being serious."

"So am I. I've experienced that thing. It was zooming around the city and destroying things." She shuddered. "The last time I saw it was a few days ago. It consumed a whole car door!"

"So it's from space." I frowned remembering where I got my powers from.

Basically this blast came out of the sky and hit me while I was running away. I only ran away because I found out my parents were spliting up. So I was like.... 13? Anyway I ended up passing out. I was in a coma for a good week. That's all you need to know. Good, quick backstory

"Yes I believe it is."

"So aliens?"

Her face lit up. "Maybe."

I got in her face a little suspicious. Her eye twitched a little. "Why do you know so much about it?"

Her face lost color again."Remember? The car door? Has someone been consumed already?"

"Yes. Richie."

Venus sighed. "Do you know where he is right now?"

"If he's not in school. Then maybe at home?"

"Why are you so interested in this venom shit?" She glared.

I kissed her cheek and bolted off. The plan was to distract and thats what it did. It almost always works since I'm so devishly handsome.

---------

"All students please report to the gym."

My 'misfit' squad came near me gossiping about the assembly. Alena swung herself to me and whispered.

"I haven't seen Richie all day....." She sighed.

"Do you think the symbiote is from space?"

She skewed her lips. "Yes. It's made of stuff that isn't on this damn earth."

"Welcome students, I came to show you this broadcast from this morning?"

"Be cautious when walking through the night. There is a large beast running rampant through the streets of Astmeld. It was last seen in the suburbs on Elizabeth street."

"That's Richie's street." Alena gripped my arm tighter.

I looked at Venus who was staring at the screen intently. "I hope someone gets that thing." Barrett frowned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117 0 20
Max, Skyarr and Zander are best friends in the 10th grade together. Today is there last day of the year so they decide to do something a little diffe...
4.2K 451 22
(Currently being reworked as of 10/23/23.) --- Year 3184: Earth remains divided. Five years ago, a comet storm known as Orbital bombardment ravaged...
1K 31 28
UPDATE: I will soon begin re-editing this book due to high level of reads and honestly to my weird writing. ( I just gotta fix it) ~Book One~ Some pe...
10.4K 159 6
[THIS SERIES HAS BEEN REBOOTED] Dangerous new players are entering the battle between the Supers and their enemy, an organization seeking power and a...