Don't Look Back

By 1Dforever23

***"Don't you ever feel alone? Like theres no one else fighting for you...but yourself? And what happens when... More

Don't Look Back
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47

Chapter 18

769 27 14
By 1Dforever23

Mira's POV

I stared sleepily at the dirt floor, nodding off again and again from boredom. My mind has almost gone blank, its like its had such an overload it can't think anymore. It was morning, and the sun was just coming up from over the hill. Beams of light shone through the holes in the walls, and the sunshine warmed me, but gave me no comfort. I glanced over at Niall, who was sitting across from me against a propped up beam, his eyes ment mine.

"Look I know you're bored as hell, and you want to go home, am I right?" Niall says to me, reading my mind.

"I feel dirty and half starved, yes I want to go home, but home is dangerous, and here is safe. I tell myself that all the time, to remind myself."  I say to Niall, braiding strands of fly-away hair into tiny braids.  Niall grins at me.

"I can read you a book or something...." Niall starts to say. "I could go get one-" 

"Why don't you just go buy Gone with the Wind I'm starting to feel like freaking Ponyboy and Johnny hiding out in the church." I say, rolling my eyes with a smile. Niall laughs and stands up to stretch. 

"Well why don't I go buy The Outsiders then?" He says, still grinning. But suddenly a sound from the other end of the warehouse made us both go silent. The large door was creaking open very slowly. I froze and could feel my heart pound. Niall's eyes moved up to mine, and a finger went to his lips. 

"STAY STILL" Niall mouthed to me. I bit my lip and pulled my knees in close. I couldn't imagine who that could be. Niall said this place as been abandoned for years....but maybe we weren't the only people using it as a hideout....

"SHHHH!" someone said....very loudly may I add.

"But I'm hungryyy!" A young girls voice whined. I looked up at Niall frowning. I knew that voice....

"Bella shut up, you're gonna get us killed! I don't know if their here..." A voice way too familiar said.

"AMBER!" I yell and scramble to my feet. Niall jerked forward, following after me. I run through the rows of broken shelves. Amber was standing there at the door with Bella hoisted up by one arm. When she saw us her eyes went wide and she practically dropped her.

"Mira! Holy shit you really are here!" Amber says, running up to me. I hug her tight, so happy to see her and know she's safe.

"Come on Niall, you get a hug too." Amber says, yanking him forward. 

"Amber how did you find us?" I ask her. Amber doesn't answer me though. She takes a long look at me and Niall .

"You guys looked starved.....and exhausted." She says, eyeing us up and down. Niall opened his mouth to say something but Bella interupted.

"What's in you pocket Ausy?" She says, slipping her tiny hand into Amber's sweatshirt pocket. The young girl pulls out a sleak black hand gun.

"HOLY FUCK NO." Amber freaks, grabbing the gun back from the small child. 

"Bella...never touch this...ever." Amber says, slipping it back into her pocket. She looked up at me, staring at her with nervous eyes.

"Mira, look. Finn gave it to me before we left. He told me to keep it with me just in case. He thinks the same gang after you could be after me and Bella too." Amber says, giving me a matter of fact look with an eye roll. It was like Amber wasn't scared at the situation, she was freaking pissed at it, and it shown on her face. 

"Please just don't use it...unless you have to." I tell her, quickly untangling my hair from my tiny braids.

"Mira, Finn knows where Harry is." Amber blurts out. Me and Niall look at eachother immediately. 

"Where?!" I yell, my heart beating fast.

"This gang is holding him in some boxcar, and....well...Amber says, her voice trailing.

"Well what? What Amber!" I say frantically. 

"Finn doesn't know how much longer their going to keep him alive. In fact he said he has no idea why their even keeping him alive. " Amber says, her voice low and quiet. I started to feel flustered inside, and then their was a thumping pain in my head. 

"We have to find that boxcar." I say, staring at the ground. "We're finding it, and we're getting Harry out of there." I say, feeling tears in my eyes. 

"Mira we can't-" Niall starts to say.

"No. I don't care. I don't care about being safe anymore. I can't sit here and wait for him to die." I say, wiping my eyes quickly.

"Ausy whats happening?" Bella says, alarmed at our serious voices.

"Bella, its ok. Everything's going to be ok." Amber says, picking her up.

"Mira listen." Amber says. "Finn said he has a plan and he's gathering up his friends or whatever he has and their going to put these guys down and get Harry out of there. If we show up, we'll screw up everything."

"Amber's right Mira...we can't risk going, not with a kid." Niall says, glancing at Bella. I could feel anger and confusion rising in my chest.

"Then you guys stay here. I'm going." I say very sternly.

"Hell no Mira, come on, you're not thinking straight." Amber says.

"Amber you know where the boxcar is and I know you're not telling me." I say, looking at her.

"Mira..." Amber says, at a loss of words for once in her life.

"Amber tell me where it is!" I yell, my voice choked with tears. And suddenly I was sobbing, and I couldn't stop. Amber stared blankly, then put Bella down and walked up to me.

"Go down by the river and follow it up to Brooks Bay, the car is somewhere off the main road in the woods." Amber says to me, her eyes almost covered by her beanie. I swallow hard and try to stop crying. I knew I was scaring Bella, and in fact everyone for that matter. But I was done hiding. I had to do something. Harry wouldn't sit down on his ass in a warehouse all day if he knew I was in danger. He'd be hellbound on finding me and getting me safe. I have to do this.

"Thank you." I say quietly, swallowing my tears. "I have to go." I say, wiping my cheeks. Niall grabs ahold of my hand, and Amber steps back.

"Mira, please. Don't go." Niall says, his eyes glazed, he looked about ready to cry. I turned away from him.

"Niall I have to do this, and you're not going with me, it's ok. I'll go by myself." 

"If you're going, I'm coming with you." Niall says.

"No Niall. You stay here with Amber and Bella. Take care of them." I say, glancing at them. Amber was standing still, staring at the ground, with Bella clinging to her side.

"Mira....please don't do this." Niall says, his grasp on my hand becoming tighter. I was still for a second. I couldn't let Niall come with me, I don't want him to get hurt.

"Alright." I say, slowly. "I won't go." Niall's face lights up ever so slightly. He pulls me in and hugs me.

"Thank you Mira. You're doing the right thing." He whispers in my ear. But I couldn't answer him. I couldn't even look at him when we pulled away....

Because I was lying. 

"Amber, you and Bella going to stay with us then?" i say, clearing my throat and turning to her.

"Yeah, Finn told us to go to some random bar where we were supposed to meet his friend, but does that sound stetchy or does that sound stetchy? Anyways we didn't go...obviously." Amber says.

"Good. Just stay here with us....where you'll be safe." I say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The warm sunshine had dissolved into an eerie and dark night. The wind howeled through the holes in the walls, and sent chills down my spine. I turned to the side to look at Niall, sleeping next to me. I could hear him breathing silently, and stroked his hair from his forehead.

"I'm so sorry..." I say in barely a whisper to him. I take a deep breath, and slowly move his protecting hand off my waist, and slip away. I stand up and glance at Amber snuggled up next to Bella, then turned away, afraid I might cry. I pulled my hair back from my face into a ponytail, and took another deep breath. The icy wind lashed at me from outside, reminding me that i've left the warm protection of Niall's body next to mine. I took one last look at Niall, then climbed out a broken window as to not wake them up with the loud creak of the door. 

"Don't look back Mira..." I tell myself. "You have to do this, Harry would do it for you." I started to trudge down the hill, my arms wrapped tightly around my chest, trying to stay warm. I paused for a minute at hearing a branch crack behind me. I spun around. Standing there by herself, the wind blowing her hair back, her arms in her sweatshirt pocket....was Amber. She stood very still, looking at me. I couldn't see the expression on her face. I was silent....I didn't know what to say. She walks towards me.

"Take this." She says, handing me the black hand gun. I look up at her startled.

"Amber I can't take that." 

"Mira, take it anyway. I'm not going to stop you. I knew you were going all along. Just please, take this so I know you can defend yourself." Amber says, pushing her hair back out of her face. I look at the gun in her hand, and slowly take it in my own. It was icy cold to the touch and I felt my heart beat as I wrapped my fingers around the handle.

"I know why you're going. And you know why I'm not stopping you?" She says, looking at me with her cloudy blue eyes. I shake my head.

"Because I would do the same thing Mira." She says, staring steadily at me. 

"Thank you Amber." I say, my voice genuine but weak. "Thank you for understanding." 

"You're a strong and brave person Mira Servati. Stronger than I ever was or will be....and I mean that." She says, looking down. Then looks back up.

"Good luck best friend." She says, giving me one of her half grins. I felt the tears in my eyes as I pulled Amber in for a hug, then watched as she disappeared off into the howeling wind and the darkness. I watched her until I couldn't see her anymore, then turned away. I slipped the heavy gun into my pocket and walked on into the night....not knowing what awaited me. Not knowing if I was even going to come back alive. I just knew that I was going to save Harry, and that either one of us or both of us were gonna come out of this alive....and if only one,

I was going to make sure that one would be Harry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello everyone :) a bit of a dramatic chapter....has the story taken an unexpected turn? Did you ever think that Mira would end up alone in this? Well now she is...by choice. But whats Niall going to do when he finds out....and what do you think of how Amber acted? If you were in this situation, would you have been Niall or Amber? The voice of reason, doing anything to protect the one you love?.....or the rebel, letting go because you know its bad, but know it can't be stopped? Tell me your thoughts and leave me a comment! Thank you for reading :D and have a nice day...or night. :p

<31Dforever23

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

906K 41.5K 175
๐’Š๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ the boy who lived falls for the girl who had no one
432K 17.6K 61
โ•ฐโ”ˆโžค *โ‹†โ ๐ข'๐ ๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ก๐ž๐ซ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐œ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐ž๐ž ๐ญ๐š๐›๐ฅ๐ž ๐š๐ฌ ๐š ๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ฉ๐ข๐ฌ๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐จ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž-๐›...
461K 16.6K 95
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
2.7M 64.6K 131
[BOOK ONE IN THE LIFELINE SERIES] lifeยทline หˆlฤซfหŒlฤซn/ noun "A person you can always depend on to help you in a really messed up situation where you n...