Chapter 39

Mira's POV

Harry and I look up at eachother and his wide surprised eyes made me break into a smile.

"They found it...." I say in disbelief.

"Holy shit they found it!!" Harry shouts and then not a second later we are sprinting through the house and out the door, I crumpled up the note in my hand and shoved it in my pocket. 

"Where where??" Harry and I yell, running to Amber and Finn.

"It's in the ground here!" Amber shouts over to us, motioning us over. We all gather around a hole in the ground, a gun handle was visible, sitcking out of the dirt. It was under the branches of a big willow tree, just close enough so that the big tree kept it's hiding place in the shadows. Before I could say anything more Amber runs and jumps onto me, wrapping her legs around me like a koala while making random excited sounds.

"One in a freaking million and we found it!" Amber squeals. I start laughing and we crash to the ground. Harry and Finn were staring at us, I don't think they were about to run and jump on eachother, so we got up and quickly and stifled our happy cries. 

"Well let's undig it already!" Harry says, reaching for a shovel.

"Harry be careful!" I warn.

"What?" He asks confused.

"You can't touch it, then you're fingerprints could mess up Mr. Horan's." I say. kneeling down in the dirt to watch him dig it up. 

"We need gloves or a bag or something. Like the evidence bags they use on FBI shows." Amber suggests.

"We'll go find something in the house, come on Amber." I say, grabbing her hand. We run back into the house while Harry and Finn finishing digging.

"Look for a like zip-lock bag." I say, rumaging around in the kitchen.

"Damn this place is trashed, poor Niall." Amber says, opening drawers and cabinets. I hop up on the counter and look on top of the fridge, the note falls out of my pocket.

"What's that?" Amber asks, picking it up. 

"It's a fake suicide note. Mr. Horan was going to stage the suicide of his wife, but instead decided to have Niall turn himself in." I explain to her.

"The fuckkk?!" Amber says, one eyebrow up and one down. "That is messed up shit, how did you find this??" She asks.

"It was in a locked drawer in Mrs. Horan's room." I tell her, I found some paper bags and hopped down.

"Will this do?" I ask her, holding up the paper grocery bags.

"But wait, so legit, Mr. Horan actually was going to fake her suicide...oh my god." Amber says in disbelief. "There is some messed up shit going on here."

"Trust me...I know." I say, then was about to go out the door when Amber stops me.

"Hold up, you said you found this note in a locked drawer? Mira did you search the rest of it, if this was in there, there's got to be other things..." Amber says in her loud voice.

"I mean...not really." I say, rememebering finding the note then stopping my search.

"Well I'm going up there to look." Amber says.

"But we don't have much time, come on Amber." I tell her, tugging on her sweatshirt sleeve.

"Servati get your ass up here." Amber says, her curiousity leading her upstairs. Amber is even more curious than me.

"Ohh fine." I say, following her up the stairs. I really didn't want to be in this house anymore, it creeped me out...alot.

"It's that room there, down the hall." I tell her. She runs inside and finds the tiny room with the desk. I open the drawer and we start to rifle through all the papers. I quickly skimmed some. Wait a second...these seemed like love letters.