Chapter 18

Mira's POV

I stared sleepily at the dirt floor, nodding off again and again from boredom. My mind has almost gone blank, its like its had such an overload it can't think anymore. It was morning, and the sun was just coming up from over the hill. Beams of light shone through the holes in the walls, and the sunshine warmed me, but gave me no comfort. I glanced over at Niall, who was sitting across from me against a propped up beam, his eyes ment mine.

"Look I know you're bored as hell, and you want to go home, am I right?" Niall says to me, reading my mind.

"I feel dirty and half starved, yes I want to go home, but home is dangerous, and here is safe. I tell myself that all the time, to remind myself."  I say to Niall, braiding strands of fly-away hair into tiny braids.  Niall grins at me.

"I can read you a book or something...." Niall starts to say. "I could go get one-" 

"Why don't you just go buy Gone with the Wind I'm starting to feel like freaking Ponyboy and Johnny hiding out in the church." I say, rolling my eyes with a smile. Niall laughs and stands up to stretch. 

"Well why don't I go buy The Outsiders then?" He says, still grinning. But suddenly a sound from the other end of the warehouse made us both go silent. The large door was creaking open very slowly. I froze and could feel my heart pound. Niall's eyes moved up to mine, and a finger went to his lips. 

"STAY STILL" Niall mouthed to me. I bit my lip and pulled my knees in close. I couldn't imagine who that could be. Niall said this place as been abandoned for years....but maybe we weren't the only people using it as a hideout....

"SHHHH!" someone said....very loudly may I add.

"But I'm hungryyy!" A young girls voice whined. I looked up at Niall frowning. I knew that voice....

"Bella shut up, you're gonna get us killed! I don't know if their here..." A voice way too familiar said.

"AMBER!" I yell and scramble to my feet. Niall jerked forward, following after me. I run through the rows of broken shelves. Amber was standing there at the door with Bella hoisted up by one arm. When she saw us her eyes went wide and she practically dropped her.

"Mira! Holy shit you really are here!" Amber says, running up to me. I hug her tight, so happy to see her and know she's safe.

"Come on Niall, you get a hug too." Amber says, yanking him forward. 

"Amber how did you find us?" I ask her. Amber doesn't answer me though. She takes a long look at me and Niall .

"You guys looked starved.....and exhausted." She says, eyeing us up and down. Niall opened his mouth to say something but Bella interupted.

"What's in you pocket Ausy?" She says, slipping her tiny hand into Amber's sweatshirt pocket. The young girl pulls out a sleak black hand gun.

"HOLY FUCK NO." Amber freaks, grabbing the gun back from the small child. 

"Bella...never touch this...ever." Amber says, slipping it back into her pocket. She looked up at me, staring at her with nervous eyes.

"Mira, look. Finn gave it to me before we left. He told me to keep it with me just in case. He thinks the same gang after you could be after me and Bella too." Amber says, giving me a matter of fact look with an eye roll. It was like Amber wasn't scared at the situation, she was freaking pissed at it, and it shown on her face. 

"Please just don't use it...unless you have to." I tell her, quickly untangling my hair from my tiny braids.

"Mira, Finn knows where Harry is." Amber blurts out. Me and Niall look at eachother immediately.