Chapter 33

Niall's POV

Another kid close to my age was shoved into my cell with me. We'd been stuck together in here for about 8 hours now. His name was Hunter...and he's been charged with the murder of a drug dealer...that's all I knew about him. We sat on opposite sides of the cell, each on our beds, staring at the ceiling for lack of anything better to do. I tried to talk to him, but he clenched up his fists and said if I make one more sound he'll pound me to the ground....so I stayed silent. But I wasn't idly laying there, I was thinking, coming up with a plan in my head to get myself out of here. I thought about trying to escape the old fashion way again, tricking the guards, slipping the key through the bars, running out at night....but no, not this time. I wasn't going to escape just to come back home to my gulity father, this time, I was going to make sure that he was the one behind bars, and I was free. 

"Hey, hand me that magazine." I hear Hunter's low voice call to me. I glance down at a pile of crappy magazines he had brought in from the recreation center. I don't do anything at first. Why should I? He can get it himself.

"Hey, loser, I'm talking to you." Hunter says again. I get up frustrated, wanting to satisfy him just so he'd shut up. I hand him a magazine and he snatches it from me without saying thank you. At first I just climbed back into my bed, but suddenly, something snapped in me, and I was really angry. I had gotten up for no reason just to please him and give in to his request, and he snatches it from me rudely with not even a nod. I was tired of getting stepped all over, tried of always just accepting everything bad that came at me, and real tired of being treated like shit. 

"Hey jerk, next time you want something get it yourself," I say, snatching the magazine right back from him and throwing to the ground. 

"Fuck you!" He yells at me annoyed.

"And you too friend." I say back , sitting  down on my bed. I didn't know why I was so tensed up over such a stupid thing, but I think that I was finally at the end of my rope, after all this time. 

I was done with living like this. I wanted safety. I wanted freedom. I wanted a home.

And most of all I just wanted Mira. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mira's POV

"Hand me that beer will ya?" Harry says to me, I reach over and grab one off the table, handing the cold can to him, then snuggled back down into my blanket and previous position. Me and Harry were sitting in his room, the only one that was barely touched by the flames, watching The Walking Dead on the small TV mounted on the wall. I was surprised Harry was at the house tonight. He's usually out with friends or at least anywhere but here. But when I came home from school he got this look on his face when he saw me, and I knew my eyes were red because I had cried the whole way home. Harry didn't have to ask why I was crying, instead we got dinner together then came back to watch our fav show. I knew Harry was just trying to help me, but I wasn't the one that needed help..Niall was.

"Shit! Did you just see that? He's so dead damn." Harry says, his voice loud and excited like how it always is when watching shows. I didn't see it though, I was on my phone, looking back at old text messages me and Niall had sent eachother. I sent a repeated "i miss you" to him, even though I knew he would never see it. 

"Mira! Holy shit look now!" Harry says, I looked up finally, Rick and Carl were shooting at zombies on the TV. Then commericals came.

"This is a good one I don't know how their gonna get out of that, you want some popcorn?" Harry asks me, I faintly smile at him. So relieved to see him actually happy for a brief moment of his day. But Harry's cheery grin fades instantly when he sees my face.