Quiet || hs

By uniqueboys

In which a quiet girl trying to get through her last year of high school by avoiding all conflict in her scho... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
Q&A
69
70
72
73
74
75

71

73K 1.9K 1.7K
By uniqueboys

Finals week had gone by and I hadn't seen Harry since prom night. Tomorrow is the last day for seniors and our teachers need to sign this paper before releasing us. I didn't quite understand, but it was a waste of my time. Coach Payne covered for Harry for the past few weeks he's been out. I swear he's missed more school this semester than the skipper of this class.

"So principal Parker just informed me that coach Styles will be coming in tomorrow to sign your papers." Coach Payne tells us. "So don't try to skip the last day."

The class ends and coach calls me over. He wanted to meet after school with a few of the volleyball girls. He wanted me to help train a few of them for varsity tryouts next year. Since I'm only spending half of my summer in California, I'm able to put all my work in it.

Throughout the day, I finished getting the signatures I needed. There was just the empty one where Harry had to sign. After school, I make my way to the gym, thinking of what I would do after talking to these girls. Monique will be busy working later and Alec will probably get on my nerves until he goes to bed for work.

A little cry disrupts my thoughts as I walked down the hall. It was much louder when I pass Harry's office. I frown, looking between his office and the court. I roll my eyes because I really hate this indecisive thing about me. Another cry sounded loudly and quite painfully. I knock on the door, slowly opening it. Someone kept shushing over the little cry.

"Harry?"

Harry was rocking a car seat on his desk. He glances at me, trying to comfort the baby, but he stressfully runs he hands through his hair looking down at his desk. I shut the door then made my way over to him to rub his back.

"I-I can't do this, Rylee." his voice was strained. He kept his head down and his hands in his hair. "I can't be a teacher and coach all while being a parent. She won't stop crying and I tried everything."

"Yes you can," I assure him, lifting the blanket the kind of covered the car seat. The baby was very small and red from crying. "You just need to get use to the job of parenting before coming back to your actual job." I say, carefully lifting the crying baby. I hold her her head, letting it rest on my arm. "It's only been like what– three weeks, less than a month. A newborn should be at home."

"The doctor said it was fine as long as she's not exposed to too much sun." Harry waves off, still not looking at me. I rock the baby who was still crying. I spot the pacifier in front of Harry and carefully lean over to grab it. "I already tried-" he stops when the crying stops and she was sucking on the pacifier. He inhales deeply. "She hates me. That must be it."

"Harry, where's Caroline?"

"She's at the hospital getting her stitches checked." he tells me, rubbing his face. "They performed an emergency c-section and there were some complications, but she's fine now."

"Then why aren't you there?"

"She didn't want me there, so I had to bring her with me to watch."

I nod. "And you decided to come to school because,"

"I couldn't sit at home anymore. Besides, I need to finish these forms for the volleyball program this summer." he says, frustratingly picking up the papers. "But I can't focus with the crying and spit up all over me. I'm already a horrible father for putting my work over my child, aren't I?"

"No," I sigh, grabbing his wrist. "You're just burning yourself out trying to please everyone." I lead him the the couch, making him sit down.

"Rylee, I can't take a nap now." he refuses, trying to stand up again but I push him back down. "Rylee-"

"Harry, you need to sleep because you look like you've been going days without it." I demand. "Now lay down and take the nap. You can deal with the forms later."

He lays back, pulling the blanket over his body. Then he points at the baby still in my arms.

"I will watch out for her." I promise. "I'm going out to talk to the girls about the summer program with coach Payne, okay?" I tell him and he nods with his eyes closed. I stood there for a little bit glancing at him then the baby. "Harry," I whisper and he hums. "What's her name?"

He chuckles, not opening his eyes. "Josie." his voice sounded dry. "Caroline's grandmother's name."

"That's uh, sweet." I say before carrying the baby to her car seat and set her down.

I put the blanket down, lifting the very heavy seat. I struggle to carry it to the court, but eventually made it by coach Payne's side. The girls stare at me and Monique stood behind coach Payne, looking completely confused.

"Is that-"

"Josie," I finish coach Payne's sentence. He easily takes the seat from me then sets it on the bleachers. "Coach Styles looked really worn out, so I offered to take care of her."

"Wow, you must be one of his best students for that." Coach Payne laughs. "But let's start with the discussion for the program."

I sit next to the seat and Monique sits on the opposite side. I try to listen to listen to coach Payne, but Monique wouldn't stop staring at me. She had a smile on her face and I question it.

"It's just," she starts. "You're babysitting your ex's baby. Who does that?" she leans over, whispering.

My eyes widen and I look at the girls, who were fully focused on coach Payne. I shush her and she waits for me to answer.

"Monique, he's really stressed out." I snap softly. "Sorry, I'm nice and feel bad."

"Almost four months ago, you two suddenly broke things off and I still don't know why." she points out. "Also, during those whole four months, you've barely spoken to each other and now you're just babysitting his baby. How does this make any sense?"

"We have spoken."

"About homework and shit. That's only because he's your teacher and you have to."

"So the team captains of the 2016 season will be training you for varsity tryouts." I stop listening to Monique and pay attention to coach Payne. "Rylee won't be here for the first half of summer, but Monique will start you girls out." he tells them and I just nod, looking at the girls. Some I knew really well and some I didn't know because they were new to this past season.

"That's right," Monique stands up. "And we'll wake up every day at the break of dawn." she orders then laughs. "I'm just kidding, I won't even be up myself."

The girls laugh and Monique goes over the schedule she had. Coach Payne had already talked about this with her, so she was very prepared. He's giving me time while I'm gone to make up a plan.

"Every one of you need to be serious about this training if you're serious about being on the varsity team next fall." coach says ending the meeting. The girls leave and he goes to the car seat to peek under the blanket. "Look at her staring up at me with those big eyes." he gushes then gives me an offer. "Do you want me to take her?"

"No, I promised him I'd watch her. I don't just want to hand her off." I decline.

Monique gives me a teasing look as she walks off with him. I lift the blanket and her eyes go straight to me. I can't lie, she really is adorable with her rosy cheeks and big eyes as coach Payne pointed out. I talk to her a bit then carry her back to the office. She starts getting fussy and I try talking some more as I enter.

"We're going to get you home soon. We just need to get your daddy and– Harry!" I stop my baby talk, catching Harry at his desk. "You're supposed to be sleeping."

He groans, but continues to write. "I can't just sleep while these incomplete forms are sitting here and I also have a shit load of paperwork to fill out."

I set the baby on the floor, going over to pull Harry away from his desk. He tries to write more until I snatch it away.

"You need to take a break." I hold the papers behind me and he reaches for it. I press my hand against his chest, pushing him away. "You're going to go home with your baby and rest."

"I won't be able to rest because she'll start crying as soon has I try to." he complains, looking down at me. "I love her, but I really wasn't prepared for this."

"Harry, I've seen you with Stevie." I remind him. "You're great with babies."

"Yeah, other people's. Having my own baby is a whole other responsibility." he argues still trying to get the papers. "Rylee, just give me the papers!"

Josie starts crying again and Harry rolls his eyes, falling in his chair again. I drop the papers on the desk and lift him up.

"I'll watch her while you rest." I offer. "But we're taking you home where you won't have the urge to start working."

"Y-you really don't have to." he tiredly shakes his head as I put his bag over his shoulder. "That's just asking too much of you."

I sigh, lifting the chair. "Well, you're not asking because I'm offering."

I grab his wrist, leading him through the gym. I let go once we exit and I ask for his keys. Once we get to his car, I buckle Josie's car seat in then take Harry to the passenger side. I hop in the driver side and I look over to see Harry with his eyes on me. I smile at him, clicking through the GPS attached to the car.

"You're so good at this."

"I take care of Stevie whenever I'm not working sometimes. There are times where I have to deal with my drunken uncle and aunt too."

"Rylee," he calls me as I start driving off. I glance over and his eyes were shut. I softly hum, looking in the rearview mirror. My eyes went from the nearly empty parking lot to Josie. "Don't crash my car, okay."

I act offended and giggle. "Okay, just go to sleep." I say softly. "I'll wake you up when we get to your house."

He nods, turning to face the window. "And Rylee," he breathes in heavily. "We need to talk about what happened in that bathroom the night of prom." he voice trails off as he drifts to sleep.

_______________________
I work all weekend again😭 and I'm stressing out about school starting up. Don't take high school for granted y'all! whoever is still in high school aha.

Oh btw, I'm just going by how my school was and ig my school is different from some of yours aha.

I was trying to respond to messages earlier but there were a lot and couldn't get to them all. If you really want to message me, my IG is a good place too bc my inbox on wattpad is getting fulllll!

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this chapter.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 1.9K 33
*Contains mature and explicit content!* A student who catches the eye of her teacher.. A Harry Styles fanfic with a bit of Niall on the side ;)
4.8K 187 26
113K 1.5K 32
Raven moves into an apartment with friends and meets Harry Styles. Harry and her grow apart but a year later he becomes her college professor and the...