My Salvation (CURRENTLY EDITI...

By Amethyst2829

Book 1 in 'Mend Series' He screams at me, slapping my face twice, 'You deserve all of this! You don't even de... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
Chapter 40
chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue

Chapter 9

4.1K 216 31
By Amethyst2829

Our car stops at the airport. We still have half an hour before our flight to Saudi Arabia. I don't know how, but among the nervousness and scaring scenarios playing in my mind, somehow I was excited — excited to be back to my hometown, my birthplace. Sure, that place holds memories I don't even want my enemy to suffer. But, I had issues with humans, not from the place. I still remember the times I would sneak out of the house and wander around the streets of Dammam. It was just nearby to my house but seeing the view of my place somehow calms me down. Makes me forget all the bad stuff.

I would call this 'the height of coincidence' as we are heading to a five-star hotel in Dammam. We come back to the place we are most afraid to return.

While I was busy in my own little world, I didn't realize Mr Aadil, who was speaking to me, suddenly stops and is just staring at me. I didn't know what to do or say so I did the stupid thing — let out a nervous laugh and asked stupidly, 'uh, what were you saying?' He seems quite angry but quickly hid his expression and with a blank face he stated, 'Nawal...'

Okay, I'm dead. He calls his employees with just their names only when his anger level is the most; it's beyond controllable, at least that's what I heard. But somehow I was being calm as if he won't be killing me.

'If you can't even pay attention to whatever I'm saying, how in the world would you be paying attention to our conference in Dammam? Be careless next time, don't even think you will be working with me.'

That scared the daylight out of me. Quickly I stated 'God, no. I'm extremely sorry that I wasn't listening to what you were saying. I was lost in my own thoughts about going to Dammam, also I'm really nervous and also the fact that I don't want to bump into my...' No This is the second time my tongue slipped. Way to go, Nawal. Wait for a few more moments, I'll be saying my entire life story.

I clear my throat and start my sentence again, 'I mean, I'm sorry. I promise this won't happen again. Now can you repeat whatever you were saying?' I said the last line in an embarrassing way, lowering my voice.

'Let's see that later. As I was saying, we will be staying for two week-' I was shocked. Two weeks is plenty of time for my parents to figure out that I'm back! Immediately cutting him I bombard him with questions, 'what? Why? Why you never told me this? I won't b-' I was cut from my rambling and saw his face, again, radiating anger.

'Let me remind you again. Nobody, as in nobody stops me when I speak.' He stated that in a much louder voice making me flinch again. Oh, not again! I need to stop flinching every time I hear him or anyone speaking in a much louder tone! They are not them. They are not them...

Seeing my reaction, his features soften and speaks in a lower tone, 'all I'm trying to say is that, don't interrupt me when I speak. Well, as I was saying, we will be staying for two weeks. Just got the message from one of our clients. They want to conduct a few meetings and then finalise everything. And if you still don't agree with me, my car is still outside. I'll call my driver and he can drop you to your house.' I was a little relieved when he said. But again, all my hopes crushed when he said, 'also, don't come to work from tomorrow. Ever.'

So he's really the boss in everything, isn't he? I sighed and nodded as I am left with no energy to argue. Our time passes quite quickly with him bossing me around.

»»»♥«««

We are going on his private plane. And not just any ordinary plane, a place with his name on it. Well, not exactly his name, it was "The Sheikh", but it's the same. And oh, my! The inside is too filled with expensive stuff — from furniture to seats, bathroom, a freaking dining table? Wow. This guy and his family are mega rich. Even if I spent my entire life working and sell my organs, I won't be reaching his level. Well, I'm happy at my level too. Kind of.

Soon I was seated and he went to his 'room' to do some work. The flight is nine hours long so I decided to take a nap so I won't be looking like someone who hasn't slept in weeks.

Someone keeps poking my shoulder and then the top of my head- which is covered with hijab. I just shifted in my seat as I was being damn lazy to open my eyes and see if a psycho or robber will be nearby my. It poked me again and suddenly I screamed my lungs out thinking my parents found me. Then someone put a palm on my mouth to stop my screaming. Don't know how but I somehow bit the person's hand and heard him saying a chain of curse words. Upon hearing his voice, my body stilled. All of the thoughts came flooded in my mind. We are on a plane, going to Dammam with my boss. And seeing to my left is my boss with his one palm rubbing against the other. What he did next absolutely shocked me. He asks,

'What happened? Are you okay?' I can't even speak right now. This person right here, asks me again if I was okay even after I bit his hand. Guilt was already formed in my heart. But when I see little blood drops coming, it increases ten times more. Quickly I took my purse— thanking my self that I kept my mini medicine kit here. I took ointment and bandage.

'I am so sorry! I'm so, so, so, sorry! I thought you were someone else and got me scared so I screamed and when you tried to stop me, I thought I'm gonna die. And well, you know the rest. Please let me help you with your.. palm.' I slowly got up from my seat with a bandage and ointment and asked permission through eye contact if I can do my work. He chuckled and reached out his palm. Opening the cap, I applied the cream and he flinched so lightly I thought nobody could have noticed but I did. Realizing the bite isn't that deep but the blood didn't stop flowing, I take a roll and wrap it around his palm. He chuckled again, that too for long. Curiosity and confusion dawned me and by guessing my expressions he said, 'really? A robber here? And geez, you have got some sharp teeth. No wonder you are a strong woman who can defend herself.'

'Who can defend herself.' 'Who can defend herself...' His words keep playing in my mind again and again. Wow. Only if knew...

I was caught again, in my thoughts when I heard him clearing his throat, gaining my attention, 'so, what I was doing, is that our plane is going to land in a few more minutes when you started screaming and scared me for a second. Then I covered your mouth so my pilot won't be getting worried but you did this... great act.' He ended with a chuckle.

'I really am sorry. I will do anything you ask me to.' I quickly said before even realising and dammit! I am planning to dig my own grave.

'Really? Whatever I say?' He asks with his ever so famous smirk —well famous for me though. Nervously, I nodded and when I hear him I had to hold on my laughter.

'Okay, so when we land in Saudi, I want you to buy Baklava for me. Lots of it.' He ended, grinning. I couldn't hold it anymore as I burst into laughter. And, if I start laughing, I won't be stopping myself anytime soon. Seeing his confused look, I stated, 'you really sounded like a kid who is excited to get his favourite toy.' And then I see his expression becoming hard, his gaze wandering somewhere with various thoughts. When he sees me, he is being back to normal and says, 'well, what can I say? I'm a fan now.' This guy right here, made me laugh after so long. My laugh felt foreign to me. Wow...

It actually...feels good to laugh.

»»»♥«««

After agreeing to buy his current favourite sweet, here I stand, in Saudi's airport, back to the place which I dread the most. Tears started to form in my eyes as I saw my calming place. The place which indeed I missed the most. Somehow, I managed my tears not to fall, as Mr Aadil was staring at me weirdly. I just want to come back to this spot again in two weeks, the way I am now, with no harm. I don't know what am I going to do in these two weeks or what will happen to me. I just want to run out of this place as soon as possible, as much as I want to spend my time here. It's sad to think that I can't find peace in my safe haven.

Soon, we were sitting in a car, courtesy of my boss being so damn rich. We are on our way to the hotel. Seeing this place after so long really made my heart cry. The longing, the chance to see my siblings. So many thoughts are running around and I can't focus on anything else. I'm trying my absolute best here to stay in focus.

Currently, I'm in my room, laying on my bed and thinking of various scenarios — bad ones. I just finished praying all my missed prayers and decided to read the Quran later as I am being lazy.

Blackness quickly surrounds me as I feel tiredness. I don't know for how long I slept until I saw something that made me scream again, much louder......

************************************

Wassup guys! We are back again with another chapter. Hope you enjoyed it. Now now, what do you think happened that made poor Nawal scream? Have patience and wait for the next chap!

Do leave you

•LIKE
•COMMENT

AND

•SHARE THIS STORY!

We keep on writing only due to your positive feedback, likes and comments! Now let's make a target, shall we? 20 likes for this chapter?

Until then,

Love y'all💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.4K 969 17
Aarav x Aditi Adirav He loved her when she thought no one cared about her. And she loved him and made him realise how worthful he was. Her blue eyes...
233K 13K 40
"welcome to the HELL baby" Aaric said emphasizing the word "hell", and pushed her hard into the house,on the cold floor. "Why did you pushed me and...
103K 2.8K 41
PREVIOUSLY NAMED 'Maybe it was never meant to be...' "Why did you do this to me? WHY ME? AN ALREADY BROKEN girl? Why did you show me a fake world and...
192K 17.2K 53
(Featured by wattpad) She was lost in her own thoughts.She felt like there was no one who could heal her wound. Her tears were falling from her eyes...