Loving // Riverdale x Reader

By DeathInspiresMe_

One shots, imagines, short stories and more featuring you and the Riverdale characters. I do not own the Rive... More

Welcome
I can't help it // Jughead Jones
Experimental // Betty Cooper
Melodies // Archie Andrews
Party Goers // Cheryl
Bad Never Looked So Good // Reggie Mantle
Cheater Cheater // Archie
Cheater Cheater Part 2 // Archie Andrews
Fighting Against Nothing // Jughead Jones
Requests
Boi - Not an Update
Girls Like Girls // Veronica Lodge
Smile// Jughead Jones
Galentines Day // Toni Topaz
Sweethearts // Sweet Pea
I was trying to study! // Sweet Pea
Riverdale's Sweetheart // Betty Cooper

Some Infinities Part One// Jughead Jones

10.2K 149 153
By DeathInspiresMe_

Warning- Its meh

______________________________

Your whole world can shift in a matter of minutes. One moment can ruin everything.

I made my way to the familiar spot. The lunch table holding all of my friends and my boyfriend. They all were laughing and enjoying themselves. As I sit down Jughead wraps his arm around me. "Hey babe," He says.

"Hey Juggie," I say as he plants a kiss on my forehead. He pulls away and looks at me with worry in his eyes.

"Are you feeling okay?" He asks, "you're warm."

"I'm a little sick but I keep missing," I say, "it's just a cold."

"You've been getting sick a lot lately," Betty says.

"Yeah are you sure everything is okay?" Veronica asks.

"I'm fine guys," I say before starting another coughing fit.

"Okay," Betty says softly.

"I've dealt with much worse," I say as I pick at my lunch.

"Well before you got here we were talking about prom," Kev says. I smirk.

"Oh really?" I ask.

"Yeah," Betty says. Archie smiles and puts his arm around her.

"So are you and Jughead going to go?" Veronica asks. I look at him and he nods.

"Yeah," I say, "we should go shopping this weekend."

"We should," She says, "Betty you are coming with us."

"Great," she says.

"This is gonna be so fun!" I say.

"Obviously," Veronica says.

"I can't wait," she says. I smile as I start to cough again. Jug moves his arm to rub my back.

"Are you sure you are okay?" Jug asks.

"I'm fine," I say, "now V who are you going with?"

"Kev and I are going together," She says, "skip the boy drama."

"It's only as sad as we are," He says. She hits his shoulder causing the table to laugh.

"It sounds fun," I say.

"It will be," Veronica says.

"Ugh, you guys excited for that mile run today?" I ask the girls.

"No," Betty says, "I really don't want to do it."

"Me either," I say.

"Let's skip," Veronica says.

"Can't," I say, "I can't miss anything else."

"Ugh," Veronica whines.

"I'm sorry," I say, "you can skip without me."

"No we can't," She says, "we love you too much to leave you alone for that."

"A mile run is like nothing," Archie says.

"Shut up," I say to him.

"Not all of us run that for fun," Jughead says to him.

"I need to," He says, "Coach Clayton makes us."

"Are you really going to run the mile while you're sick?" Kev asks. I roll my eyes.

"It's just a cold," I say, "and yes."

"We should take these in if we don't want to be late," Betty says. I nod stand up. We all walk inside to the cafeteria and dump and hand in our trays. Jughead takes my hand as the bell rings. We walk along the hallway to the gym and I kiss his cheek.

"I'll see you next period," I say. He sighs and squeezes my hand.

"Please take it easy today," He says.

"I will," I say, "now you should get going. You are going to be late."

"Alright," He says. I let go of his hand and I join Veronica and Betty in the gym. We walk into the locker room and I pull my clothes from my bag. I pull off my sweater and I look down. My frame smaller than normal. I sigh and pull on the baggy t-shirt and the shorts. My chest burns as I start to cough again. They both look at me. Both worried. I smile at them as I put another cough drop in my mouth.

"Girls," Cheryl says as she walks towards us, "I have Vixens news."

"Okay," Veronica says.

"I'll leave you guys to talk," I say as I shove my stuff in the locker. They nod and I wave. I start to cough again and the burning comes back. "Damn," I say as I take a sip of my water bottle. The water didn't help the burning. "Ugh," I say.

"All right girls outside!" The gym teacher screams. I sigh as the crowd walks out of the gym to the football field. I wait for a moment until I see Betty and Veronica walk out of the locker room towards me. "Ladies move it!"

"Ugh," I say as they reach me, "I really hate him."

"Everyone does," Veronica says.

"Be nice," Betty says. I roll my eyes and we start to walk outside.

"No," Veronica says, "he's an ass."

"I agree with V," I say.

"I know he isn't the nicest but at least pretend to like him," Betty says. I sigh as we reach the track. We sit out water bottles on the edge of the bleachers. A loud whistle grabs our attention.

"Alright everyone line up!" He yells. I groan and walk to the starting numbers. Betty and Veronica stand beside me the gym teacher stands in front of all of us. "Alright run around the whole track 5 times and that is a mile. No stopping. If you stop I'm adding another lap."

"Jesus," I groan. Murmurs fill the crowd and he groans.

"Stop your whining and start running," He yells as he walks off the track. I sigh and start to jog. It's only five laps. It is not that bad. I start to pick up my pace and move towards the front of the crowd with Betty. Veronica slightly behind us. As we get to our second lap I feel my chest burning. It was ten times worse than before. It felt like an actual fire was in my lungs. I start coughing again. Betty looks over at me and I give her a thumbs up. I start to fall back as my chest tightened. The burning sensation soon turned into me not being able to breathe. I kept trying to run through it but soon my vision started going black. And by the third lap, I was leaning over trying to catch my breath. "Y/N THAT'S ANOTHER LAP!" He yells. I keep coughing and wheezing. The pain getting worse and worse. "L/N GET A MOVE ON!" I try to stand up straight only to fall back onto the ground.

"Y/n!" Betty yells as she runs towards me.

"Oh my god Y/n are you okay?!" Veronica asks.

"LODGE, COOPER ANOTHER LAP!" The teacher yells as he walks towards us.

"This is serious she can't breathe!" Betty yells at him. I cover my mouth with the bottom of my shirt to cover my cough.

"Does she have asthma?" He asks. They both shake their heads no and he looks confused. "Help me get her to the nurse Betty." They grab onto my arms and pull me up gently. As I get to my feet I feel my vision start to go black again. I start to fall and Betty grabs me.

"Call her mom and then text Jughead," Betty says to Veronica. She nods and they lead me off the track. We get inside the building and the coughing gets worse. I couldn't breathe and I was starting to panic. I feel the room start to spin as my vision blurs. The sounds around me get fainter and fainter as I slip into unconsciousness.

-

My eyes flutter open to a room with bright white lights above me. A breathing tube in my nose. I feel someone holding my hand. I sit up slightly to see it was Jughead. He was sitting in a chair but he was leaning onto the bed. I reach down and push his sift raven locks out of his face. He moves with my touch and I see his eyes open. "Y/n?" He asks as he sits up. I could see his face now. His eye bags were darker and his eyes were puffy and red in general. He had been crying.

"Yeah," I say as I sit up. He stands and wraps his arms around me pulling me into a hug.

"You scared me," He says as he pulls away.

'I'm sorry," I say taking his hand.

"No no no no," He says, "you have no reason to be. But next time you don't feel good please tell me. Or someone."

"I will I promise," I say. His face softens and he kisses my hand.

"The others will be up here in a minute," He says, "they went down to get something to eat."

"Why didn't you go with them?" I ask him.

"I didn't want you to be alone if you woke up," He says.

"You need to take care of yourself," I say to him. He nods.

"Veronica called your mom," He says.

"Is she here?" I ask.

"She is trying to get a flight home," He says. I sigh and he rubs the back of my hand with his thumb. I adjust the breathing tube as the door to the room opens. I look over to see a doctor. She was a middle-aged blonde. She wears a smile as she walks towards us.

"Hi Miss Y/n," She says in a surprisingly cheery voice, "I am Doctor Carter."

"Hi," I say slightly. Jughead just nods. I grip his hand tightly as she looks at a clipboard.

"Now sweetie we are going to have to keep you here to run some test so we know what happened exactly," She says, "Okay?"

"Okay," I say. She nods.

"Now what happened when you passed out?" She asks.

"I was running in gym class," I say, "and I was already coughing and wheezing before. But my chest was burning and I couldn't breathe."

"She had bronchitis last week," Jughead says, "and like a month before that too."

"Hmm," She says scribbling it down, "I'm going to listen to your breathing. So I need you to sit up straight."

"Okay," I say as I sit up. She puts the stethoscope on my back.

"Now take a deep breath," She says. I look over at Jughead and take a deep breath. He kisses my hand again and I smile. "Okay," She says moving away. I lean back again as she scribbles down more notes. "Well I'm going to order a Chest X-Ray and a CT- Scan," She says, "nurses will be down soon for you."

"Okay," I say. She nods and leaves.

"Archie just texted me," He says, "they should be up here soon."

"Great," I say as I adjust the breathing tube again. I want to pull it out. I hate it.

"Stop messing with it," He says. I groan.

"It is making my nose itch," I say. He takes my hands and I pout.

"They want you to leave it in," He says. I feel my throat tickle and I start to cough again. "Is that blood?" He asks. I look at my sleeve and see the red splotches on it.

"Holy shit," I say. I grab a tissue and I try to wipe it off. "Oh my god," I say.

"Hey guys," Archie says as he walks in with the others.

"Hey," I say. Betty walks towards me and pulls me into a hug.

"Oh my god Y/n," She says, "When you passed out in the hallway I was so scared."

"I'm sorry Betts," I say as she pulls away and sits in the chair by Jughead.

"No it's fine Y/n," She says, "it's not your fault."

"Did the doctors say anything?" Veronica asks.

"She wants me to get an X-ray and a CT scan," I say, "but she hasn't said why."

"Yikes," Archie says. Jughead hits him and I sigh.

"It nothing," I say, "I'll be out of here by tomorrow and I'll be back at school." They all look at each other in silence. Jughead sighs grips my hand.

"Yeah," He says. He was lying. That's one thing he was never good at when it came to me. Lying. I could always see right through him. I hear soft knocking on the door breaking the despair in the room.

"Miss L/n we have everything set up for you," A nurse says. I nod and she helps me up.

-

After I went through hours of test I was finally led back to the room. As I step into the room Jughead runs towards me. He takes my arm from the nurse and helps me into the bed. "She needs to stay in bed," The nurse says to him. He nods and she hooks up the breathing tube and makes me put it back in.

"Ugh," I groan and place it in my nose. She nods and walks out of the room leaving me with my friends. "I hate this thing," I say to them, "it makes my nose itch." Archie laugh and smiles.

"That's why you hate it?" He asks.

"Yeah," I say, "it itches. Like really bad."

"It can't be that bad," Archie says. The rest of them were still too worried to talk like its a normal day.

"It is like having feathers in your nose," I say.

"What?" Kev asks, "how do you know what that feels like?"

"I don't," I say, "I just imagine this is what it feels like." That causes them to laugh and I smile. 'What time is it?" I ask them. Kev looks at his watch and sighs.

"8:56," He says. I look out to the window to see the sun setting.

"You guys should get home," I say to them, "you have to go to school."

"I'm not leaving you," Jug says.

"Neither am I," Betty says.

"None of us are," Archie says. I sigh and look at them.

"Please," I say, "go home get some sleep. Eat. You guys can come back after school tomorrow."

"No," Betty says flatly.

"Please," I say, "I will call you the moment they say anything."

"Fine," Betty says.

"Archie, make sure she gets home," I say to him, "please."

"Okay," He says. Betty walks towards me and pulls me into a hug. I squeeze her tightly.

"I want you to text me the moment you wake up okay?" She asks. I nod and she pulls away. Veronica was next to hug me. Then Archie. And finally Kev.

"Bye guys," I say.

"Bye Y/n," Kev says.

"Bye N/n," Archie says.

"Bye Chick," V says.

"The moment okay Y/n?" Betty asks.

"I promise," I say. She nods and they leave me and Jughead. I scoot over on the bed and pat the blankets beside me. He moves onto the bed and I lay my head on his shoulder. I intertwine my fingers with his and I sigh. "You should go to," I say.

"I know you want me to stay here," He says. I sigh.

"I do," I say, "but you have school."

"I'm ahead in my classes anyway," He says, "and I don't want you to be here alone."

"You need to sleep," I say. He chuckles.

"I can sleep in the chair," He says, "or right here by you."

"I'd prefer you to be right here with me," I say to him as I sit up.

"Then it's decided," He says as he wraps his arms around me and pulls me closer.

"I love you Juggie," I say. He plants a kiss on my forehead and smiles.

"I love you too Y/n," He says.

-

"Y/n," I hear someone say. I open my eyes. Jughead's arms were around me keeping me from moving too much. I move my arm and rub my eyes and I look over to see my mom.

"Hey mom," I say. She smiles and I tap Jugheads shoulder.

"Whattt?" He whines.

"My mom is here," I say. He lets go of me and I sit up. He sits up and lays his head on my shoulder.

"Hey Mrs. L/n," He says. She smiles.

"Hi Jughead," She says sweetly.

"Hey, mom is my backpack around there?" I ask her.

"Yeah," She says handing it to me. I grab it and unzip the front pocket and I take my phone from the bag. I click Betty's contact.

Me- I'm up. Nothing yet but my mom is here.

I hear a soft knock on the door and I sigh as the doctor walks in. "Hi Doctor Carter," I say as she walks towards me.

"Hi Y/n," She says, "and you must be Mrs. L/n." She holds out her hand and my mom shakes it. "I have your results back from the tests," she says. I grip Jughead's hand tightly. "And I'm sorry Y/n," She says, "you have stage 3 Lung Cancer." I feel my chest tighten and tears pool in my eyes.

A moment could change everything. And this moment was mine.

"What?" I say my voice breaking.

"Basically your cancer has spread from your lungs to your heart and trachea," She says, "at this point, we have a couple options. Surgery to remove the tumors or chemotherapy, and radiation."

"Any other options?" My mom asks. The doctor sighs.

"You could live without treatment," She says, "but the life expectancy for your strand is only about 4-5 years with treatment. 8 months without."

"Oh my god," I say the tears spilling out.

"You don't have to make a decision now," She says, "but the sooner we can start treatment the better." She leaves the room and I dig my face into Jughead's chest and sob. He was rubbing my back trying to hide the fact he was crying too. But I could feel the warm drops on my back. I sit up and wipe my eyes.

"I-i," I say. He turns to me and I wipe away his tears with the back of my hand. He pulls me towards him and I look down at my phone.

Betty Boop- Alright. Well good morning Y/n! Text me if you get any news.

I press the call button. It was lunch so I know she was with everyone. After a few rings, she picks up. "Y/n hey," She says.

"Betty," I say with a shaky voice, "Can you guys come down here?"

-

After a half, an hour passes the group of friends walks through the door. The look on the faces of the people in the room told the group it was bad. Jughead's red eyes made it even clearer. "Hey guys," I say, "I love you guys."

"We love you too," Betty says as she sits at the end of the Betty. I look at my best friend. She looks tired and worried. Her blonde ponytail was sloppily done. I look at them all. The same tired worried looks covered their faces.

"She got the diagnose," Jug says. His voice cracking on every word.

"And?" Archie asks.

"I have stage 3 Lung Cancer," I say. The room fell silent. Betty starts to cry and she pulls me into a hug.

"Oh my god Y/n," She sobs.

"Y/n," Archie says.

________________

Part One???? Idk if I like this one.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.8K 130 15
Little shorties about the characters form Riverdale
4.8K 78 11
Oneshots about Riverdale couples such as, -Varchie -Choni -Bughead They're ideas I come up with, there are also chapters where I ask you to vote on...
70.8K 1.3K 41
All Choni
407K 8.3K 37
Lola Carter. Former bad girl gone good. Serpent royalty. Best friend of Jughead Jones. When her father sees her being dragged too deep into the snake...