One Step Closer : Until We Re...

By Albeli_26

Note to readers: I'm working on next part of OSC but it's delaying because of work commitments and my final y... More

P R O L O U G E
I N T R O D U C T I O N
C H A P T E R 0 1
C H A P T E R 0 2
C H A P T E R 0 3
C H A P T E R 0 4
C H A P T E R 0 5
C H A P T E R 0 6
C H A P T E R 0 8
C H A P T E R 0 9
C H A P T E R 1 0
C H A P T E R 1 1
C H A P T E R 1 2
C H A P T E R 1 3
C H A P T E R 1 4
C H A P T E R 1 5
C H A P T E R 1 6
C H A P T E R 1 7

C H A P T E R 0 7

140 15 5
By Albeli_26

Hey folks!!!!
Here I'm with complete new part. I hope you all Will like it. Special thanks to maanvir for being such a wonderful mentor.
Well the chapter is pretty long. So sit back and enjoy 😉

Her tears dried but the pang in heart was there. Avni clutched her head which became heavy after an emotional breakdown. Composing herself she made herself rested with a wall and clutched the sonography report again. Avni was unable to figure which pain was bigger, losing the piece of her flash or hearing accusation of killing her child from her husband. She was a pediatrician, treated numerous toddlers. She always loved small children that's why she chose to become Pediatric doctor. While nursing toddlers she also came acrossed with numerous parents who lost their first borns. She could feel the pain of those mother's but at a same time she was glad to see the support which spouses offered to each other. A firm shoulder is needed to cried out the agony and pain but what will a person do when that same shoulder refuse to hear anything.

Avni found herself surrounded with her entire family when she gain consciousness after two days but she still she was alone, among everyone. Ansh busied himself in work the day she came home and all she found her crying mother in law and silent father in law.

"You simply left me Ansh. Like today.............you chose to leave me that time too. You left me alone at the time when I needed you most Ansh. I didn't needed your parents neither mine. I needed one who gave me the reason to become mother. But........but you chose to leave me Ansh."

Lost in her painful past Avni didn't realised when an envelope slid inside of her flat. Narrowing her brows she crawled at the side of door and picked the brown cover. The name of Pune high Court along stamp of confidential said all. She hurriedly tore envelope and started to read the court notice which came to inform them about the next date of case hearing. Avni eyes started to brim after re reading the content, Nisha Gupta, Danny Matthew, molestation, fake pregnancy............ the words started to took over her mind. The died sobs again started to escape from her lips and she threw notice at another side.

"Aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!! You......you three......three are the reason behind my spoiled life, you ruined my life for your own benefits Nisha. You, Danny, Ansh everyone..........just for your own benefits you royally ruined my life." Avni ragged her hands restlessly over her hairs and frantically started to threw things.

There was no sense crying over a broken fate as it only hurts you more.

Her memories drifted to the time when things started to went in another direction, the beginning of life changing strom which made their lives upside down.

"Avi.........Avi where are you????"

"In kitchen" he heard his wife faint voice and marched towards kitchen. His steps halted at door seeing his wife engrossed in making dinner. Ansh eyes wandered over his wife figure, clad in a cotton saree she looked noticeably pale and thin as compared to the last month. He didn't need any rocket science to understand the reason behind her pale body. They were still trying to cope with the loss they suffered.

"You joined today?" Ansh asked restlessly while tapping his fingers over kitchen counter.

"Yes. I felt suffocated in home that's why I decided to rejoin"

"But your body is still weak. You should rest more"

"I'm doing same from past month Ansh. I felt suffocated here and moreover even you came late to home. I had no one with whom I could talk" Ansh curled his fist hearing her words and decided to keep mum. "I don't feel like to stay in these four walls. It will be better if I distract myself" Ansh bit his lower lip hearing her indirect taunt and left the place silently. They became like two dead souls from a month, like two individuals who just share a roof. Ansh wanted to comfort her, wanted to took her in his embrace but always stopped himself realising his doctors and friends words.

This miscarriage could be avoided Ansh if you and Avni took more precaution. I don't know if you know this or not but she had problem of high blood pressure and ladies usually avoid stressing in such condition.

Don't cry over your loss Ansh. Who knows might be she never wanted to keep child.

The ringing words of his friends made Ansh flinched more. The agony and pain of losing their first child was unbearable for Ansh. Sometimes the pain became unbearable to the extent it made one loose the sanity of mind and the insanity overcomes the love one had. His four year old relation overpowered by the loss of child which somewhere made them started to drift from each other.

While drying her hands Avni looked at the dimmed lights of living room, seeing his absence she glanced at the bedroom and found the room dark. She sighed and decided to sit at balcony for sometime. Their home remained no longer the place which used to offer her solace. The etching memories of her unborn made her feel incomplete, as a wife and mother. She wanted her husband soothing arms, his sweet nothings, his support but nothing came from him except his dead silence.

"I miss you Ansh. I miss you so much..........." Avni planted a soft kiss over her husband forehead and laid at the her side of back. That night was restless for couple as they both knew their relationship was slipping from their hands.

And the days started to pass in same pace. They left home together but came back at different times. The interactions started to became formal hi and hellos. The changes from being husband and wife to strangers was weird but was the only possible thing which they thought was best for them.

"he wanted me to quit my job so that we could spent time together but I can't do that. I can't leave my work. I don't know why he just assumed that whatever happened with us is because of my job. He can't alleged over my job for our personal loss."

"If you feel so then don't back out Avni. You have sole rights to take decisions related with your life."

But Avni never knew her decision of following her heart will cost by losing her husband. Firm on her decision Avni decided to immersed herself in work completely, from attending to emergency cases in odd hours to leaving for medical conferences in other cities, she didn't left any stone unturned to bloom herself. Where her medical career took another level up she felt she started to loose one whom she love.

Avni started to feel something weird in Ansh behaviour when she came back from chennai after attending another a week conference. His continuous absence from home left her worried. He was no where, neither in hospital and nor with his friends. "Where could he be then" Avni wondered after 2-3 days.

"Stayapal, did Ansh Sir came?"

"Yes Mam. He is with Nisha Mam"

"Aah........OK thank you" it was little weird for her that her husband didn't chose to met her even after knowing she came at city 3 days back. Avni took her bag and went towards Physiotherapy Dept. She expected to see her husband but found no one there except an attendant who informed her about their leaving few minutes back.

"Doctor Khan.......did you assigned a new task to Ansh?"

"Absolutely not dear but what happened?"

"No is that I found him quite busy nowadays and mostly in Physiotherapy Dept. It was little weird" Avni observed Dr Ahmed expressions which changed little hearing her and next she saw him excusing her, Avni who decided to follow him stopped hearing Mrs Khan voice, "I'm afraid to say but something is wrong with your husband Avni"

"What do you mean Dr Shabana"

"Nowadays we mostly found him with Nisha and it's quite unlike Ansh. He stopped taking appointments and rounds too"

"Might be possible he must engrossed in something"

"Stop acting naive Avni. We all know how much Nisha like Ansh. You know she always wanted to marry him but failed to do because he started to like you. Avni stop acting ignorant towards your marriage and talk to him. I'm telling you all this because I'm an physiatrist and I know to read behaviour" Avni gulped hard hearing Shabana words. That night Avni decided to clarify her doubts but to her dismay she found him absent again and the scene continued for another next 3 days.

"So............you finally decided to show your face husband. Did you remembered you live here?"

"Aah you came back? Great"

"It's not the answer of my question Ansh. It'd been a week since you came home. Where was you from past week? And why didn't you picked my phone?"

"Come on Avni. You are not only one who is doctor here, remember you married to a doctor who is a successful neurosurgeon."

"Oh really and where you was showing your expertise? In Blue Radiance Nightclub and Flat No 2011 Canopy castle apartment?" Avni keenly observed her husband face which was devoid with any expressions and answering her questions too. Her eyes brimmed with tears realising her fear was taking a real form, she was losing her family, her love to the one whom she hated with her guts. Controlling her urge to slapping him she marched towards him and pulled him with his collar, "How could you do this with me. You didn't even think for a second before doing such a ridiculous thing. I'm your lawfully wedded wife Ansh........who gave you right to hurt me. You returned my love like this? As betrayal? I gave everything of mine to you Ansh.........everything"

"Stop allege me for something which I didn't even do. And what everything Avni? Did you even know the meaning of everything? You know the meaning of sacrifice? I asked a small thing from you.....not to work until your delivery but what you did? Forget about me, it was for your child too right? The one who was in womb was your child too then why you didn't gave him enough care? You are the sole reason behind his absence Avni!!! The reason behind the void.......

"How could you Ansh............" filled with rage Avni marched towards her husband and pulled him from his collar, "You was not even there to share my tears, where was you when I wanted a shoulder to share my pain? You left me alone like a looser Ansh, like a looser. In past two months each day I expected you to come near me, to hold me, to caress me but all I received your cold behaviour Ansh. It was your child but it was part of mine, I was one who kept him in my womb for four months"

"That's great. What you think that I will melt after seeing your tears? The truth will be remain same Avni. You never respected me neither my love. I should accept Nisha love two years back. She always wanted to become the way I wanted. She was right you are a selfish woman. A cheap selfish woman"

"Aah.....now I found the reason behind your changed language. And don't dare to take the name of that bitch in front of me. She is a homewrecker"

"She is far better then you"

"Then why are you here? You should leave me Ansh" Avni felt her heartbeat stopped for a second when she uttered the most impossible words from her mouth. Her back was facing her husband but she was able to feel his sudden gasps.

"You wanted me to leave you" Avni looked over her husband and found him clutching her arms tightly

"No....I wanted you to choose one. You can't sail over two boats at a same time. Imperfect wife or Perfect Mistress the choice is yours

"You can't order me to leave my home. It's my home"

"It's mine too...........and I never allowed anyone to make it dirty" her eyes was spitting fire to her husband but deep down her heart was wishing to hear an apology from him. Just an simple apology and she will fell in his arms again like the way he loved. Her eyes filled with little hope when she saw him moving towards her but it made her feel disgusted when she found him keeping keys in her hands and in second her marriage came to an end when she found her husband leaving her.

Finally she succeeded in keeping her words.............the last sob escaped in early morning from Avni lips before she gave herself to uncomfortable slumber.

The days started to pass and each day she started to feel herself living dead. The sight of her husband with his Mistress made her cringe with pain and jealousy. The pain of heartbreak and betrayals started to take trol over her health which often caused her rise and fall in blood pressure. For their parents and cousins they are the still MOST PERFECT COUPLE but only her heart knew how much it cried when she state same to his parents.

Because of falling health, Avni started to spent her most of the days in her flat. It was one of such day when she was curled on the couch and going through their wedding album when the sudden commotion from the passage made her trance break. Collecting herself and wrapping stole around her body she went opened the door and found her neighbours along a police constable there, "I'm Constable Sharma. Is this Dr Ansh Solanki home?"

"Yes but he don't live here anymore" Avni replied coldly and was about to close door when an announcement made her ground slipped beneath her feet, "Your husband is under arrest madam, we came here to take you police station" the another shock was surely unbelievable for Avni and soon she started to zoom her car in the busy roads of Pune. Within few minutes she reached there and found a crying Nisha with an unknown boy.

"What......what happened Inspector Sir? Why you arrested my husband?"

"She is Dr Nisha Gupta, yours husband friend cum roommate. She filed charges against your husband for sexual molestation, assaults and abortion" and the last card of the game was shown. Avni felt herself slumping down over the officer table, from another side she was able to hear her husband pleadings and cries but all her mind knew today was the day of the death of her hopes.

The next two days she found herself running and meeting to possible lawyers she knew but most of the lawyers denied her because of the strong charges and evidences. With slumped shoulders she was going back to her flat when she bumped with two known figures who came as blessings for her.

"Dr Shabana" Avni found herself in comforting solace the moment she found couple in front of her. Smiling weakly towards Dr Ahmed she composed herself and unlocked door for them.

"We were worried for you Avni. How's Ansh now?"

"He is still in police custody. I tried to contact lawyers but no one is ready to take his case. I don't know what to do"

"Didn't you contacted to your father in law? He is judge in high court, right?"

"What will I tell him Mam? That your son left his wife and moved out with his girlfriend. That he broke his marriage. Oh God! I didn't even know what happened between them"

"Didn't you talked to him once?"

"I'm not even feeling like to see his face" Avni grumbled after hearing her husband name.

"But you need to talk to him, only after that you will able to learn the truth."

"What will I do even after learning truth Dr Ahmed? Any kind of truth can't rectify the mistake my husband committed. No one is ready to take his case. And I even don't know who that man with Nisha"

"Avni have faith on Allah. He will help you dear. If you don't mind you could take help from my brother Farrukh, he came from london an year back and he is practicing in high court." Avni eyes lightened hearing Dr Ahmed words and next day she went to met lawyer Farukh Khan who immediately took Ansh case. Farrukh kept his promise and managed to release Ansh on the basis of bail but things didn't stopped here, the constant court notices and allegations from Nisha started to take her sanity. Her bridge of patience broke the day she found Ansh termination letter in their home and emotionally and financially she saw the things falling apart.

"Ansh you know the man who was with Nisha?"

"Yeah he is his friend. I spotted him in various events with Nisha."

"Didn't you questioned her? And where was you that times?"

"No I didn't. Most of the times I found him leaving home, that's it. Nisha claimed him as her friend" Ansh turned towards other side and found his wife was absent from her place. Exchanging looks with Farrukh he found her standing in the balcony of his second storied flat. "Avni wear are here to talk"

"I don't want to involve myself in any talk which is related to the woman. All I want my husband release nothing else" Avni felt her husband cringing but she chose to avoid him like other days. "I'm thinking to hire a private detective for her"

"Do whatever you feel right Farrukh." Farrukh nodded his head hearing her cold tone

"Ansh are you sure that baby is not yours?" "NO" Avni heart found a little solace hearing her husband answer which he repeated umpteenth time but next second the flashes of past started to came in front of her eyes which made her feel disgusted more and she chose to left place.

Her love died long back, the connection she felt with her husband gone somewhere. Day by day Avni started to feel the strong urge to leave the chaos but something invisible was there which made her bind with Ansh. Soon the date of first hearing approached, but neither her husband truth won, nor the facts Farrukh presented. The proofs of the Nisha allegations were far stronger than Ansh answers. It was one of day when Avni came to met Farrukh and decided to sit quietly instead of speaking anything.

"Will you speak anything or not?"

"Will you able to release my husband?"

"You trust him? Answer me honestly Avni"

"I forgot the meaning of honesty Farukh. I don't feel like to hear anything from the man who betrayed me. I'm just paying my duty"

"At one side you didn't wanted to see his face but at other side you are not ready to budge away from him. What kind of duty is this Avni?"

"Your private investigator found something?"

"Not yet. But Bhai Jaan felt the reports of sexual abuse and pregnancy were fake. He is trying to find the name of doctor who prepared this report. Inshaallah we will find something good soon"

"Inshaallah" Avni repeated Farrukh words and was about to made made her way out but stopped hearing Farrukh words, "I guess you should inform your father in law. He is judge in High Court he will surely guide us"

"I know him. He is a man of principles. He would never forget his son for his deeds"

"But he could help us,right?" seeing the situations falling apart Avni decided to call her father in law and cleared situation to him. As she expected the father son relation came on verge of break that day. That day she realised either could person compromise with relations or with principals. The two can't travel far long.

In between the emotional battles one day she came across some truth which gave them a breath of relief. That night they lived meaning of peace again.

"Believe on Allahmiya Avni. The case will be in our favour now" Solanki couple exchanged weak smile with their lawyer and entered in the court for the last hearing.

"So in the last hearing I promised to bring the evidences which will prove my client innocent and my lord today I'm here with the proves. Here my first proof is Dr Rina Goyal from Goyal Maternity Clinic from where Ms Nisha made fake reports. Along the fake reports here is the confession letter signed by doctor where she herself confessed the truth behind the reports. The next is Inspector Soni from Andheri Police Station who herself verified the bruise which ms Nisha showed in last court sessions were completely fake and was done by the makeup artist which were arranged by her boyfriend Danny Matthew. The entire game plan was conspired by Ms Nisha and Mr Danny to trap my client."

"After hearing and seeing the proofs and verdicts from both the parties, the court concluded that the charges put by Ms Nisha Gupta on Mr Ansh Solanki was absolutely false and she tried to molest Mr Solanki. Mr Ansh was innocent here. The Pune court will free him from all the charges and request to his office to give back Mr Solanki job with his dignity. Mr Solanki could also file charges against Ms Gupta if they want and court ordered to police to take Ms Nisha Gupta in their custody and start further investigation against her."

"I won't leave you Ansh. I won't. .......... What is mine will be mine Avni" a lady yells while dragging out from court which made gasp the middle aged ladies. Giving her no glance they continued to move towards their cars.

Avni shut her ears tightly and jerked herself from floor recalling Nisha words. The memories were still fresh in her mind and she knew she will never be able to fade those memories. "You was always right Nisha. What is yours always is yours. See first he willingly went away from me and now I'm not able to keep himself near"

With weak steps she made her way towards the fridge. The emotional breakdown left her dehydrated. Opening the chilled water bottle she gulped the entire bottle in a go. Glancing her reflection in mirror she gasped realising her look. This was surely not the girl she knew. Opening her messy bun she freed her long tendrils and washed her face to remove tears stain from her fair cheeks. She was about to made her way in her room when suddenly her vision started to blur and next she felt the surroundings were spinning. Before she could compose herself she lost her hold from washbasin and next her flat echoed with the noise of loud thud.

So how was this part?
So you think the treatment Avni bore was justifying for any women?
The behaviour of Ansh is right towards her?
Do share your views with me and if you liked this chapter then vote for it

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.5K 5.3K 46
BOOK 1 - YOUR SERIES . The one who was rude, arrogant, cold hearted used to melt when he was around the love of his life, vachi. Everyone knew about...
120K 4.2K 31
Mom....... What is wrong with you? How can you think that she will be perfect for me? Listen I just came here because you insisted me no not insisted...
2.6M 153K 120
This story is about a relationships between a father and daughter. A wife and husband. And 2 best friend. "G-g-go" I stuttered moving back a little...
170K 11.6K 14
" Mr. Raichand, I don't need your help in my personal matters. You are my boss, not my therapist. I don't find it professional." I told the man sitti...