Hogwarts Professors

By _Books1031_

Draco and Harry both end up becoming Professors at Hogwarts. What happens when the two boy's have to get alon... More

O N E
T W O
T H R E E
F O U R
F I V E
S I X
S E V E N
N I N E
T E N
E L E V E N
T W E L V E
T H I R T E E N
F O U R T E E N
F I F T E E N
S I X T E E N
S E V E N T E E N
E I G H T E E N
N I N E T E E N
T W E N T Y
T W E N T Y - O N E
T W E N T Y - T W O
T W E N T Y - T H R E E
T W E N T Y - F O U R
T W E N T Y - F I V E
T W E N T Y - S I X
E P I L O G U E
N O T E S

E I G H T

541 16 2
By _Books1031_

When Draco and Harry got to the Great Hall that morning they were grinning like idiots. Last night after their little make-out session Harry and Draco were cuddling when Harry fell asleep, Draco fell asleep not too long after. 

When they woke up the next morning they were curled up together on the couch. Draco had his arms wrapped around Harry's torso, with his face in Harry's hair snoring softly. Harry had a massive grin on his face. 

Harry quietly grabbed his wand -which was on the floor beside the couch- and mumbled Tempus. The time read 7:45am. Harry groaned and rolled over so that his and Draco's faces were right beside each other. Harry kissed Draco softly, when Draco kissed back Harry pulled away and mumbled "Good Morning." 

"Well it's good because you're here." Draco replied. Draco then stretched out and yawned, causing Harry to also yawn (and me lmao).

Harry and Draco sat up. "The time is 7:45am" Harry said. 

"Okay, well that means that breakfast starts in 15 minutes, and I need to get dressed. How about I meet you at your door in 10 minutes?" Draco asked.

"Sounds good." Harry smiled even more (if that were possible). The two stood up, Harry gave Draco one last final kiss than walked over to the chair he was sitting at earlier to grab his blazer. "See you in 10!" Harry called walking out of the room. 

Harry ran down the hall to his room so he could get dressed and brush his teeth. 

~ ~ ~ 

When Harry closed the door, Draco grinned to himself, shot his fists in the air and quietly yelled "YES!"

Draco then ran to his wardrobe and pulled out his robes, quickly changed into them, then went into the bathroom. His hair was a mess, so after he used the loo, and brushed his teeth he got started on it. He combed it, but decided not to gel it like h usually did. 

When Draco was done, he put on his shoes then rand down the hall to Harry's room, and stood outside the door for a moment before knocking. When Harry answered the door fully dressed Draco asked "Ready?" Harry just nodded and they walked down the hall together silently for a few minutes before Harry spoke. 

"Thank you for last night."

"No problem, it was fun." Draco replied. 

"Man those mashed potatoes were soooooo good!" Harry then said after a moment. Causing Draco to laugh. 

"They were pretty good weren't they?" 

"Good?! They were brilliant. I wish I could transfigure them into a person so I could take them to Vegas and marry them." Harry replied, causing Draco to laugh harder. 

"So i take that as I am going to have to teach you how to make them?" 

"I would rather you make them for me..." Harry looked up at Draco. 

"Oh..." Draco smiled. "That can be arranged."

 The two then walked into the Great Hall grinning like idiots and took a seat beside each other. Draco on Harry's left, Hermione on Harry's right. 

"So... how was dinner?" Hermione asked the two of them. 

"How do you know about that?" Harry asked. Causing both Hermione and Draco to laugh. "Did you tell her?" Harry asked Draco.

"No, however both of us were absent from the table last night. People must have noticed Potter." 

"Oh." Harry felt like an idiot. 

"It's alright, don't feel stupid. I doubt that many people noticed, Hermione probably only noticed because you sit beside her everyday."

"Exactly, Draco is right." Hermione agreed.

"Wait, when did you two start getting along?" Harry asked looking from one to the other. 

Hermione froze for a moment, but then said "I just decided to give him a chance since you two seem to be hitting it off." She said trying to be convincing. The real answer was when she asked Draco if he liked Harry and Draco was honest about it, that's what convinced her. However she didn't want to throw Draco under the bus. 

"And what about you Draco?" Harry asked now looking at him.

"I can be civil Potter, honestly. Plus she  is your best friend, which mean I have to give her a chance, and she used that chance well. Now we get along." Draco was telling the truth unlike Hermione. 

~ ~ ~ 

Albus was sitting at the Slytherin table with some of his friends when his friend Adam Beast looked up to his dad and Professor Malfoy and asked "What do you think is going on with those two?" 

Albus looked up and saw them talking and smiling like two teenage girls. "How am i supposed to know?" 

"Because Professor Potter is your dad?" his other friend Amy Longbottom chimed in. 

"Plus they weren't at dinner." Adam said.

"I still have no idea what they're up to. How about I ask my Aunt Hermione, she would know." Albus replied. 

"Wait, Madam Weasley is your aunt?" Amy asked.

"Yeah." 

"Wicked." Adam replied.

"Okay I will ask her around lunch." 

"Sounds good."

"Okay." 

~ ~ ~ 

Draco and Harry left for their classes still grinning. Harry had 4th year Ravenclaws, Draco had 5th year Slytherins and Gryffindors. "Have fun!" Draco said to Harry when they split up. 

"You too!" Harry called back over his shoulder. 

Draco walked quickly to his classroom and wrote down the instructions on the board. When his whole class was in he was still grinning like an idiot. It seems that that's all he did since last night's makeup session with Potter. 

"Sir, why weren't you at dinner last night?" Rebecca a Gryffindor asked. 

"I was busy doing something." Draco replied as monotone as he could, so he wouldn't give it away. 

"How come Professor Potter wasn't at dinner last night either?" 

"I'm not sure, you will have to ask him yourself. Now, Potions." Draco said, still slightly smiling. 

Draco's class didn't bother him from then on, however Harry can't say he had the same amount of luck. 

Right when Harry walked into the room, a few people already had their hands up. They all had the same question, and wanted it answered as soon as possible. 

When Harry was standing in front of the blackboard in the classroom he then chose Addison. 

"Sir, why weren't you and Professor Malfoy at dinner last night?" 

"Well, i'm not sure about Professor Malfoy however I can say that I was busy."

"Busy doing what?" 

"You really want to know?" 

Everyone nodded. 

"I had really good mashed potatoes for dinner instead of eating in the Great Hall which doesn't have really good mashed potatoes." Harry replied honestly. 

"Really?" said Matt a different Ravenclaw. 

Harry just nodded. "Okay, now today we are going to learn about Vampires!" Harry said more enthusiastic than usual, and then he started to talk about Vampires. 

* * * 

During Albus' lunch time he did as he said he would and walked to the Library to find Hermione. When he got there he saw her sitting alone at her desk with a half eaten sandwich in front of her. 

"Perfect!" Albus mumbled excitedly when he saw Hermione was alone. "Hi aunt Hermione, i have a question for you." 

"Oh hello Albus, what is your question?"

"What's going on between Dad and Professor Malfoy?" 

"I'm afraid I can't tell you anything, and don't take that as there is something between them, because there isn't... or maybe there is. Like I said I couldn't tell you if i knew. You could always go ask your dad."

"Okay will do. Goodbye!" Albus waved and ran out of the room to go find his dad who he knew would be in his classroom. 

When Albus got to the room he knocked on the door, waited for Harry to yell 'Come in' then entered. 

"Hi Dad, I have a question." Albus said while approaching the desk where Harry was sitting. 

"Okay? What is it?" 

"What's going on between you and Professor Malfoy?" 

"I have no idea what you talking about." Harry laughed. 

"I mean, you two are always flirting, and you weren't at dinner last night, neither was he?" 

"Nothing is going on between us Albus." 

"Really?"

"Really, we're just friends." Friends that makeout, Thought Harry.

"Okay, well i got to go." 

"Okay, enjoy your next class."

"Will do." And then Albus left the room defeated. 

~ ~ ~ 

It was about 3am when Draco woke up from another one of his nightmares. He got them so frequently that he was used to it by now, but that didn't mean he enjoyed them. The thing about tonight was that it was the third time he woke up that night. And he honestly was tired of it. He didn't have any classes in the morning which he was thankful for, as they would surly be able to see the bags under his eyes. 

Draco thought back to when he Harry came over the previous night. He didn't get any nightmares while him and Harry slept. Draco debated on wether or not he should go knock on Harry's door and ask to sleep with him, but he decided against it as he would sound too much of like a little kid. 

After a few minutes Draco fell asleep, but woke up 10 minutes later. At that point he decided he was going to go to Harry. 

~ ~ ~ 

Harry was awoken by soft knocking at his door. He groaned, sat up and walked over to the door opening it. When he saw Draco standing there looking very sheepishly, he sighed and grabbed his wrist pulling him into the room. 

"So what do I owe this visit to?" Harry joked. 

"I couldn't sleep." Draco felt bad for waking Harry up at that time in the morning. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" Harry asked. 

"Not really. It was about the war, they always are." Draco said quietly. 

"They? Draco how often do you get nightmares?" 

"Every night, except yesterday when you stayed over." Draco was talking even quieter now, but Harry could hear him clearly. 

"Oh Draco, listen, as long as you're with me the nightmares can't touch you."

Draco just nodded looking up to Harry. The brunet could see that the blond had tears in his eyes. 

"Hey Draco, it's okay you don't need to cry." Harry leaned over Draco and gave him a hug letting Draco silently cry on his shoulder. 

Harry leaned back after a moment and said "Okay, now we can either go to bed or I can make tea and we can stay up and talk about god-knows what until the sun comes up."

When Draco heard that he smiled a little. "What kind of tea do you have?" 

"I have whatever you want." Harry walked over to his Gryffindor kitchen and turned on the kettle putting a silencing spell on it since it was 3:45am. Draco sat himself down on the couch that was right beside the Kitchen, so that the two could still talk. 

A few minutes later Harry walked into the Living room handing Draco his cup of tea then sat beside him. "Thank you." Draco said, with dried tears on his face. 

"It's no problem." 

"I mean for everything. You literally made me tea at 3 in the morning because I couldn't sleep and now you're staying up to keep me company."

"Honestly Draco, i wouldn't do this for just anyone. I am doing this for you because I care about you, and I want you to be happy. If that means staying up throughout the night so you don't have to be alone, you bet your arse i'm going to do it."

Draco leaned over and kissed Harry with more passion then Harry imagined possible. Draco pulled away, but not far; only a few inches. "You Harry James Potter are the greatest human i know on all of this earth." And then he kissed him again. 

When Harry pulled away he smiled, and took a sip of his tea. "Okay, so tell me; what is your actual opinion on House elves" 

"I think that they are little creatures that should be treated as equals." Draco replied honestly. 

"Me too, okay your turn." 

"Do you think that they should ever do the Tri-Wizard tournament again?"

"Absolutely not! Do we not remember the way the last on ended 12 years ago? The Dark lord had his minion and one of my dad's friends -who betrayed him- kill Cedric Diggory and also come back from the dead." 

"Okay so I take that as you're not in favour of it happening." Draco laughed with Harry joining in. 

That's how the two spent the early hours of the morning, talking about the most random shit. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 48.9K 24
Harry is going to be the new Hogwarts Defence Against the Dark Arts professor. He needed a change from the way his life had been going. Unfortunately...
13K 546 31
Harry Potter has always hated Draco Malfoy, and all of Hogwarts knows that, but what happens when Harry starts to see the blonde for more then just w...
2.7K 123 34
Hermione and her friends are invited back to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for one more year following the Battle of Hogwarts. Of course...
723K 22.4K 20
Enemies, Friends, Lovers Harry never knew those three words could be synonymous, but his sixth year at Hogwarts has challenged everything he has come...