reef knot

By minghaoburgers

「i'm here to protect you, not to be your friend.」 ©minghaoburgers + note that this is not a taegi fic !! wi... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
final

seventeen

4K 218 314
By minghaoburgers

dammit i typed the chapter title and for a while i was confused of whether i'm writing a svt ff or a bts ff HAHA

also, this chapter is pretty much gonna be fluff all the way :"3

+

December 27, 2016, 9 a.m.

The burial ritual came one day after the funeral, on December 26. As if knowing that it was a sad event for all of us, the sky decided to rain tears of grief that pelted onto our umbrellas and dampened our black clothes.

Dad's grave was placed beside Mom's, by request of Jimin and I. At least we'll know that both our parents have rested in peace if they're together.

That day was full of tears and well wishes, flowers and prayers, good friends and ex enemies. By the end of the ritual, my eyes were already bloodshot and swollen from all the crying, and Jimin's arms were probably already going to break from hugging me all day. 

That night, Jimin permanently dismissed Yoongi, Jungkook and Seokjin from their duties, because we no longer have money to pay them. They thanked us for taking care of them till then, especially Jungkook and Seokjin, who practically grew up with me and Jimin. It only added on to the sorrow of the event, saying goodbye to three of the people I love the most.

Jungkook and Seokjin told us they'd be returning to their hometowns; however, Yoongi offered to stay and continue protecting us free of charge.

Somehow, it relieved me knowing he would always be somewhere nearby.

The next day, I get back up onto my feet, ever ready to face the world. I properly wash up for the first time in days, deciding to put on one of the outfits Taehyung got for me when we went shopping the other day. I even pile my hair into a messy bun on the top of my head.

If it weren't for my swollen eyes, probably no one would be able to tell that Park Jiyoung has been grieving for the past week.

"I like your pants," Taehyung comments as he watches Jimin stroll out of the bathroom in a suit and jeans, preparing for work as usual.

"Thanks," Jimin says with a polite smile as he fixes his collar. "They were 50% off."

"I'd like them better if they were 100% off," Taehyung winks while sipping his hot chocolate.

"Well, you can't just give everything away for free," Jimin frowns, rolling up his sleeves.

"I mean-"

"That's a terrible way to run a business, Taehyung," he concludes, before bidding us goodbye.

The minute my brother is out of the house, I burst out laughing at both Taehyung's astounded reaction and the shitty chick flick that's airing on TV.

"I could never seem to get the girls, so this time I tried getting guys instead," my brown-haired landlord sighs, plopping down onto the couch beside me, hot chocolate long forgotten on the dining table. "Why does nobody love me?" he pouts.

"I'm sure your mother loves you," I reason, not really paying him any attention.

At that, Taehyung makes a sound that's in between a laugh and a cry. "She used to hit me when I was younger," he sticks out his bottom lip, and I laugh at his baby-like expression.

Just as I start to console him, Yoongi appears from the bedroom, his attire unusually plain - just a black tee and jeans. Maybe I'm just too used to seeing him in his bodyguard suit.

"Wanna go grab some breakfast?" he asks me, already opening the door as if expecting my reaction.

"Sure!" Taehyung and I say at the same time, both starting to get up from the couch.

"I was speaking to Jiyoung, not you," Yoongi snaps, and Taehyung pouts again, falling back onto the couch.

"WHY DOES NOBODY LOVE ME?!" he sobs, dramatically putting his face in his hands.

I ignore him, skipping out the door with Yoongi at my heels.

"Where do you wanna go for breakfast?" he asks me, intertwining his fingers with mine out of habit.

I hum while pondering as we both wait for the elevator. "I want cake," I finally decide as we both stroll into the lift.

"Dessert in the morning?" he raises an eyebrow, and I nod. He reaches across with his free hand to tousle my hair, as if to say "anything for you, princess".

We take five minutes to arrive at the cafe across the street, and another five minutes to find an empty booth. A waitress comes over to our table the moment we've settled down, notebook in her palm and pen in her hand, all ready to take our order.

"One strawberry cheesecake, two spoons," I tell her, already predicting that I won't be able to finish the cake by myself.

The waitress nods, about to scribble down my order onto her notebook, when Yoongi cuts in.

"I'm sorry, she means two strawberry cheesecakes and one spoon," he corrects me.

"What?" I widen my eyes, only to receive a wink from Yoongi and a soft giggle from the waitress.

"Your boyfriend is cute," she says, pocketing the notebook and gazing at us enviously.

"Oh, he's not-"

"I know," Yoongi grins, not even trying to deny her accusation.

The waitress giggles again, before returning to the kitchen to process our order.

"I won't be able to finish one slice of cake by myself," I argue once she's gone.

"But half a slice of cake isn't enough for me," Yoongi protests. "And don't deny the fact that the only reason why you would want to share a slice of cake is because you want a taste of my saliva," he winks again. "Now we have a win-win situation."

"That's not true!" I deny, puffing my cheeks up to hide my embarrassment - because he's right. "A-and anyway, I can taste your saliva even without sharing the cake."

"Hm?" Yoongi smiles cunningly, leaning forward to fold his arms on the table. "Like how?"

I place my elbows on the table, cupping my cheeks in my hands as I try to think of an answer to his question.

And then he does the simplest thing in the world. He leans over and pecks me on the lips.

My eyes go wide the moment I feel his lips on mine, and my heartbeat becomes so fast that for a while, I thought my chest was going to explode.

Very sadly, it ends as quickly as it started, and I try not to show my disappointment when Yoongi decides to pull away from my lips. He settles back in his seat as if nothing happened, but the faint patches of red on his cheeks betray his nonchalance.

"So how did that taste?" he asks me with a smirk, elbows on the table as he judges my reaction.

I open my mouth to answer, but no sound comes out. It takes ages before I finally recover from my state of shock.

"I didn't give you permission to do that!" I kick him under the table, finally finding my voice, my face already as red as a tomato by now.

"You seemed to enjoy it though," Yoongi points out, the sly smile growing on his face. "You didn't push me away."

"That's because you pulled away before I could!" I reason.

"Mm," Yoongi hums, before grabbing my hand and pulling me out of the cafe.

"But our food isn't here yet!" I protest, trying to lead him back into the building, but he drags me out onto the street anyways.

I give up trying to defy him, allowing him to pull me into the alleyway beside the coffee shop. The shadows cast by the roofs above separate us from reality, and for a while, it feels as if we've entered a parallel universe.

I am about to ask Yoongi why he brought me here, when he grabs both of my shoulders and pushes me against the wall, planting one hand on the cement beside my head to prevent me from escaping.

My eyes widen, and my cheeks heat up even more. "Wh-wh-what are you-" I start to mumble, but Yoongi places a finger to my lips, signalling for me to be quiet.

Slowly, he starts to lean forward, closing the distance between his lips and mine. I gulp, already anticipating the incoming kiss, when Yoongi suddenly stops, just centimeters away from my face.

"See?" he breaks into a grin, his breath tickling my nose. "You're not resisting."

Annoyance bubbles in the pit of my stomach, and I plant both of my hands on his chest, pushing him away from me with all the strength I can muster.

"You're mean!" I exclaim, eyebrows pulled into a frown and cheeks puffed in embarrassment. With that, I turn on my heels and start to saunter out of the alley, wanting to dig a hole and bury myself in it.

However, before I've even walked more than two steps away from Yoongi, his hand shoots out to grab mine, spinning me back around to face him. With a gentle but firm tug, he pulls me towards him, till my head hits his chest. I stumble backward from the shock of the motion, but he catches me with his other arm, making sure that I'm steady on my feet before continuing.

"What do you-" I start to protest, but he cuts me off before I can complete my sentence.

Pinching my chin between his index finger and thumb, he lifts my head upward to meet his gaze, before softly planting his lips on mine before I can react.

For the third time that day, my eyes go wide open, and my hands instinctively fly to his chest so I can push him away, before he can make fun of me again.

However, he doesn't budge, pulling me closer while deepening the kiss.

He tastes like mint, salted caramel, and heaven all mixed together, and after a while, I find myself not wanting to pull myself away from him.

My hands start snaking around his waist till they're wrapped firmly on his back, and my eyes slowly flutter shut. I find my lips moving to morph with his, and in that moment, it was as if we were the only two people in the whole entire world.

"Oh God," I mumble into the kiss.

"Wrong name, but close," Yoongi answers, grip tightening around my waist. I feel him smile against my lips.

The kiss is comforting, slow and soft, in a way words could never be. His hand rests below my ear, caressing my cheek with his thumb as our breaths mingle. I run my fingers down his spine, pulling him closer until there's no space left between us.

I can even feel the beating of his heart against my chest.

The moment would be perfect if not for the stinky garbage lining the alleyway, and though I would love to stay there kissing him forever, we both eventually pull away for air.

Our breaths come in gasps, and we both just stand there for a while, blankly staring at each other as if we have no idea what the hell just happened.

"Just saying," Yoongi finally starts to speak again, face flushed and hand still lingering on my cheek, "I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing, or what the fuck I'm supposed to do because I've never done this before."

I giggle, my laughter coming out as not more than a raspy whisper.

"Do you wanna..." Yoongi hesitates, pulling his bottom lip in between his teeth. "D-do you wanna try that again?"

As a reply, I wrap my arms around his neck, pulling him downwards as I tiptoe to meet his lips with my own. 

+

HI GUYSS CAN I JUST TAKE ONE MINUTE OF YOUR TIME TO DO A SHAMELESS SELF-PROMO HEH

so basically, i've sent this book for the kpop watty awards !! y'all can vote for me by going to this page thekpopwattyawards and selecting the book titled 'nominees of 2017'!! find the chapter dedicated to me (it's titled 'reef knot by minghaoburgers') and simply leave a vote on that chapter !!

thanks so much !!! do show this fic a lot of love :3

;minghaoburgers

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.5K 1.4K 42
"We all come here to make someone else happy" -Copyright @_Jungcookuameal_ [Started: 11.4.18] [Ended: 1.12.18] What can I say? Curiosity killed the c...
168K 6.4K 39
Peter has a lot going on right now. The avengers are lead to believe he is a threat to New York. What happens if he gets kidnapped but does he get h...
526K 25.9K 48
In a world where you see in black and white until you meet your soulmate. What happens when Jimin meets Hoseok and only sees some of the colors he's...
17K 522 6
︵ ₊˚✰ ❝ i wish you could be mine. ❞ ─ it was just another year of MAMA, but little did they know this time round was a little bit special... a sho...