Happier || M.H & G.D

Bởi multifandomwritingss

Lillian and Matty were the best couple, or so everyone thought. However, in reality they stopped making each... Xem Thêm

"We were happy... were."
"It's only been a month."
"Killing your liver isn't going to fix this."
"Look towards the future, not to Lillian."
"Thanks George, I appreciate you."
Subconscious thoughts
"You haven't lost that grin off your face since you said he was here."
"I just want the best for you, I guess."
"Sometimes home isn't a house or a place, but it's a human"
"There's no rule book for love."
"I guess we saw each other a little too soon."
"I had a talk with Ross, Adam, and Matty the other day."
"Poor Matty, he'll never make it out of this."
"I don't like him anymore, I have no reason to."
"My friends told one day I'd feel it too."
"Bitterness is such a hard pill to swallow."
"You're so adorable."
"Lillian, baby, I'm so sorry"
"It's not you, it's the ideal of love."
NOT AN UPDATE BUT PLEASE READ
"I can't"
"I love you."
"Either way, I need you."
"You never have to lose yourself for a guy."
"The feeling in my chest hurts worse than I could imagine."
"No one said I could, so don't get your hopes up."
"Do you have to leave me?"

"My happiness will never be any of your concern."

199 5 2
Bởi multifandomwritingss

3 weeks later

Lillian pov-

I was standing over the stove, I had my morning playlist blasting, and I had on my favorite pair of fuzzy pajamas. This is the type of shit I live for.

"Someone's happy this morning." George says with a big smile. "I just feel happy for once George! Like I feel good!" I state, it was true. I had been thinking about what I said to Matty. When I told him to move on he looked defeated, but what I said was true; he needed to move on. I haven't moved on yet, but I'm allowing myself to do what I want.

Part of me doesn't want him to move on, because he is my ex and it was kind of a mutual break up, but I know he deserves to feel as happy as I do right now. He should feel free and good, he should relax a little. Wear his favorite pjs, jump around his kitchen to his favorite songs. However, he very hurt. He said he'd smile to cover his hurt, and that hits hard. I feel sorry for him, but I can't help but feel happier for myself.

"I said I needed to ask you something." George says, he snaps his fingers in front of me; I gaze back to him. "Sorry! What?" I ask and he smiles slightly. "So I need to ask you something and I want you to really consider it okay." He says, I look at him expectingly.

"No George, I will not take your hand in marriage." I jokingly say with a sigh, he gives me a look before busting out in laughter. "Damnit! Why! Why must you not be my wife! Why won't you take my hand?" He asks dramatically, I roll my eyes with a small laugh. "Anyways, what is the real question?" I ask, he fiddles with his fingers.

"So, Macy is getting married on Friday, and I want you to be my date." He says, I just stare at him. "I don't think it's right George, Matty will be there and I have a feeling Macy hates me." I say, I felt bad because George seems like he really wants me to go.

I just don't know how that would look, the ex of Matty there as a date for his band mate George. "Well, Macy did ask me to bring a plus one, so guess you're it." He says, I shake my head. "I don't know George, I don't think I should." I tell him, he sighs.

"Please Lillian, you're going to be seeing a lot of Matty. You live with me, he's my best friend and my bandmate, he's going to be around. You want him to be happier and he wants you to be happy. So, don't wallow in self pity this Friday, and come hang with me. I can show you my awesome dance moves." He pleads, I sigh.

"Fine. Only if you give me one slow dance." I negotiate, he smiles. "I can do that. Do you need me to buy you a dress or anything for the wedding?" He asks, I grimace. "Ew, dresses." I say, he laughs. "Exactly, come on. We'll go dress shopping and you'll love it." He says, and I shake my head. "I'm sure I can dig something out of my closet, plus it'll save me and you money." I tell him, he scoffs.

"Get some clothes on missy, we're going shopping. Plus, I'm paying and you're going to enjoy it and not complain. I'm doing it out of the kindness of my heart." He says, I groan. "Fine, but you know I hate the color yellow, so if you even try to make me wear it, I'll throat punch you." I threaten. "Dang, yellow is a happy color, I thought you were trying to be happier. I can tell why you wear black and gray all the time now... you're so violent and harsh." He says jokingly, I laugh.

"Ha ha. Very funny Tree Man G." I say, he shakes his head. "Go get dressed, we've got a big day ahead of us." He says, I pout.  "But I made an omelet and I wanna eat." I say, I grab a plate from the cabinet. "Fine, eat. Then, get dressed." He demands. "Sir, yes sir." I say, I salut him shortly. "Ah, didn't know you were a freak like that." George states, my mouth flies open.

"Fuck off, you fucking tree!" I say and slap his chest jokingly. "Eat your omelet and get a move on it woman!" He yells, I chew my omelet slowly. "Listen here giant, I won't go to that wedding if you keep on." I say and point the fork at him. "Come on, my nana ate faster than this!" He yells, I chuckle. "Go get dressed George, let me eat in peace." I demand. "Fine. Hurry up." He says before walking out of the room.

---

"Try these two on, and I'll go get that navy one you like off of the rack." George says, he hands me a pastel pink dress first, then handing me a silver dress. I take them and hang them on the metal hook, hurriedly getting rid of my clothes.

I try the pastel pink dress on, it almost reminding me of cotton candy. It didn't feel appropriate for a wedding, it was almost too underdressed.

I try the silver dress on, it was decent. I felt like I was wearing a tank top, and not a dress. Again, I felt too underdressed.

"How's it going?" George asks from behind the curtain, I sigh. "Neither of them will do George." I say sadly, he sighs too. "You have clothes on right?" He asks, I chuckle. "Yes I do." I tell him, he pulls open the curtain. "That dress looks nice!" He says, I shrug. "I feel underdressed." I explain, he nods shortly. "Okay, try this one on then." He tells me, I take the dress from his hand.

I pull on the navy dress, it was absolutely stunning. I look at the price tag, the air being knocked out of my throat. No wonder it looked stunning, it cost too much for my liking.

George pulls open the curtain without any warning, I stare at him from the mirror. I see his jaw drop, he quickly regains himself and smiles fondly at me. "You're going to outshine the bride with this on." He tells me, I shake my head. "Too bad I'm not getting it. Look at this." I say and point to the tag. "Yeah... too bad you're not getting it. That's because I'm getting it for you! I told you that earlier. Now, get back into normal clothes." He says, I roll my eyes.

"George it's too much." I state firmly, he rolls his eyes in return. "You looked so good in it, so why not buy it. What did I tell you about the complaining part. It's over with, I'm getting it." He tells me, I sigh. "Fine. Whatever." I say with a pout, he grabs my cheeks playfully. "Don't pout friend, it's going to be fun. Plus, I enjoy buying stuff for my best friend." He tells me, I laugh. "Fine, but let go of my cheeks." I mumble, and swat at his hands. He leaves the dressing room shortly after, I get changed back into normal clothes.

---

Day of the wedding

The ceremony was cute, I have to admit that. It was very intricate and perfectly laid out. She must be a very nitpick person.

We head to the reception, when you walked in it was quite beautiful. She does have a nice taste and a lot of creativity. She had place cards for each table, George and I try to find our table quickly. George finds his name, the one beside it says 'George's guest' ... guess that's me. I look to the one beside my place card, of course; it had to be Matty of all people.

"I still think you're outshining the bride." George nudges me, I roll my eyes. "She's your friend or something George, you're not supposed to say that." I tell him, he shrugs. "I have to compliment you on your beauty, so take the feedback." He says, I chuckle. "Thanks George." I tell him, I look at him to see he's smiling at someone behind me.

I feel someone sit down, I look over and see Matty; I groan internally. "Hi Matty." I say incoherently. "Hello Lillian." He mumbles. "That was a beautiful wedding." Adam states as he walks up, he picks up what I assume is his place card; Ross does the same when he arrives to the table.

We all sit in awkward silence, looking around at each other. "So you guys didn't bring a plus one?" George asks, I give him a look. "I'd assume so George." I say sarcastically, Ross chuckles. "Good observation George." Adam replies, I laugh. "I would if I had someone." Matty states, my giddiness now replaced with remorse. I look over at him, he was using the straw to make circles in his drink.

"Is that a new dress?" Matty asks quietly, I nod. "I got it a few days ago." I tell him, he smiles. "Well you look nice." He states, I genuinely smile back at him. "Thank you." I say quietly.

---

"Looks like the slow dance I've saved you is coming up." George says, I look towards him with wide eyes. "I was only kidding! I don't dance." I say, he chuckles. "Well you slow dance tonight." He says, dragging me out of my chair.

We were in the midst of the crowd, at least we weren't the only people dancing. George started doing twirls and all the extra things, I started giggling loudly. He brings me into his chest, we sway slowly.

A tap on my shoulder takes me away from the moment, I turn around to face Macy. "Can we talk for a few seconds?" She asks, I nod with a kind smile. I turn to George, he let's go of my hand.

We walk to a part of the dance floor that was empty, I couldn't tell where any of this was going.

"You had such a beautiful wedding! Congrats!" I say happily, she smiles curtly. "I'm not here to make small talk about the wedding." She states, I nod in surprise of the mood change.

"Then what's there to talk about?" I ask, she sighs loudly. "I don't think it was right of you to come here with George, it was very disrespectful to Matty. Also, don't you think it's wrong of you to move in with one of your exes best friends? Didn't it not strike you as wrong? It's absolutely crazy! I care for Matty, so that's why I'm slightly confused as to why, why did you leave Matty for George? They're so similar, so how did Matty make you as unhappy as you say? I think it's just wrong of you." She tells me angrily, I let her finish her spiel. I listened to every word, the anger and any emotion rising slowly. I rolled my eyes so many times during her rant that they're ready to fall out.

"You done?" I ask, she nods. "First of all, you told George to bring a guest; so here I am. Secondly, if I was with George as you probably think I am; it'd be none of your damn business. Thirdly, you care way too much for a man that's not your new husband. There's something fishy about your friendship with Matty. Lastly, I think it's wrong of you to approach me about any of this when it doesn't affect you. George and I have been friends for years, I knew him before I knew Matty. Also, my happiness will never be any of your concern." I snap, she looked just as angry as I was. Before she can even speak, I strut back to George, he was now sipping some punch in a nice glass.

"I'm heading out George, have fun okay. Don't drink too much, I need you home safely." I say with a fake stern voice towards the end. "Why are you leaving so soon?" He asks, he looked partially concerned. "I'm just tired, I don't party like I used to. Have fun okay, give the bride my best wishes." I say, before I could walk off he was pulling me back into his chest.

"Do you want me to come with you?" He asks, I shake my head against his chest. "Don't worry about it George, I'll see you later okay?" I rhetorically ask, he let's go of me. "Okay, but be careful on your way home." He says, I nod. "Bye." I say shortly, then walk away from George.

"How could you?" Matty asks as I'm about to open the door. "Could I what?" I ask, annoyance dripping off my words. "I just had a nice ear full from a very upset bride. How could you approach a bride on her wedding day, and make her feel like shit? God, you're not the Lillian that i dated." He states, I'm sure that if I was in a cartoon I'd have steam coming out of my ears by now.

"Before you approach me, at least get all of the facts straight Matty. You're right though, I'm not the Lillian that you dated; that's because I'm happier." I state bluntly, then walk out of the reception hall.

Weddings used to be my favorite, but now I hate them more than I should.

Hey y'all sorry for slow updates! My vacation ends tomorrow and I'm happy that it is. I'm such a homebody.

Anyways, if there's errors just enjoy bc I wrote it at 3 am while I had a mild migraine and probably a concussion.

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

364K 13.1K 57
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...
450K 30.6K 46
♮Idol au ♮"I don't think I can do it." "Of course you can, I believe in you. Don't worry, okay? I'll be right here backstage fo...
201K 7K 97
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
217K 10.2K 31
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...