Loving // Riverdale x Reader

By DeathInspiresMe_

One shots, imagines, short stories and more featuring you and the Riverdale characters. I do not own the Rive... More

Welcome
I can't help it // Jughead Jones
Experimental // Betty Cooper
Melodies // Archie Andrews
Party Goers // Cheryl
Cheater Cheater // Archie
Cheater Cheater Part 2 // Archie Andrews
Fighting Against Nothing // Jughead Jones
Requests
Boi - Not an Update
Girls Like Girls // Veronica Lodge
Smile// Jughead Jones
Galentines Day // Toni Topaz
Sweethearts // Sweet Pea
Some Infinities Part One// Jughead Jones
I was trying to study! // Sweet Pea
Riverdale's Sweetheart // Betty Cooper

Bad Never Looked So Good // Reggie Mantle

15.9K 261 103
By DeathInspiresMe_

      Reggie Mantle wasn't a golden boy. But he wasn't a bad guy. He was an average human being. He played by the rules. Y/n, on the other hand, was a different story. She was the poster child of teenage rebellion. She hated the popular crowd at Riverdale with all of her heart. Yet somehow Reggie had managed to steal her heart. What started out as secret little make out sessions turned into a full on secret relationship.

  *****
     I move through the hallways of the school. Loud music echoing through my headphones. I look around at the people around me. I roll my eyes as I approach my locker being blocked by a raven-haired princess. I pull out my headphones and I clear my throat. She turns around and smiles. "Oh Hi Y/n," She says.

  "Lodge," I say, "you're blocking my locker." 

  "Sorry," She says. She steps towards Betty and I step towards my locker and put my earbuds back in. After digging through my textbooks I feel someone tap on my shoulder. I rip off the headphones and I look over at Veronica and Betty.

 "Yes?" I ask as they look at me.

 "Why are you always alone?" Veronica asks.

 "What Veronica means is do you want to go to Pops with us?" Betty asks.

"Guys spare the charity case," I say, "but thanks."

"Are you sure?" Veronica asks.

"Yeah," I say, "plus I have plenty of friends. But they go to south side high."

"Alright," Betty says. They wave and walk off. I put in one of the headphones and throw all my stuff in my locker and slam it shut. 

 "Hey gorgeous," I hear a deep voice say. I turn around to see Reggie. A smile across his face.

"I don't know you," I say jokingly. He laughs as I walk off.  I hear him follow behind me as I leave the school. "What do you want Reggie?" I ask as I turn around to face him. 

"Well I want you to come to the game tonight," he says.

"I always do," I say to him I lean closer and whisper the rest, "I kinda have a thing for the captain."

"Great," He says stopping as Moose and another Football player approaches us.

"Mantle!" They scream hitting his arms. I roll my eyes.

"Leave me alone Reggie," I say as I turn away. He gives me a sympathetic look and I walk out of the building out to my car. I climb inside it and throw my stuff into the passenger seat. "Uggghhhhhhh," I groan as I start the car and back out of the spot. I hear my phone buzz. "I'm driving," I say, "these people want me dead." I press the button on my steering wheel to answer the call.  "What?" I ask.

  "Rude," Jughead says.

 "If this is you and your girlfriend trying to get me to hang out with you guys I already told her no," I say to him. He sighs. 

 "Betty Cooper doesn't understand the word no," He says.

"Yeah I know it's the fourth time she has asked me this week to hang out with her," I say to him.

"She just thinks you're lonely," He says.

"I have friends," I say, "we are friends, and I have my friends from the south side. That's like a whole 4 friends."

"To be fair we never see your other friends we just hear about them," He says.

"You've met Tessa and Liv," I say, "they were at my house for my birthday last year."

"Yeah," He says, "just come to Pops with us. It will be tolerable."

"Fine,"I say, "but just this once."

"Great," He says, "we are already on our way to Pops so just meet us there."

"Okay," I say.

"Alright see ya then," He says.

"Bye Jughead," I say as I hang up on him. I turn up the radio and I roll the windows down to sing along to the music. Soon I was pulling into Pops. I park my car and pull off my seat belt. "Ugh," I say as I pull my bag toward me and I pull my wallet from it. I notice a familiar fabric on the ground. I throw my bag in the back and I reach down and grab the fabric. It was one of Reggie's t-shirts. "For a guy that wants to keep this secret he is really pushing it," I say as I hold the shirt.

 "Whats that?" I hear Jughead say from outside the car. I jump and throw it into the back.

"Jesus Jug," I say as I push my door open, "you scared me."

"Sorry," He says. I slam the door and lean against it. "But seriously what was that?"

"Nothing," I say, "Wheres your girlfriend?" 

"Inside with the others," He says I nod.

"Then let's join them," I say. 

"Fine," He says. He walks towards the door and pulls it open waving me in. As I walk towards the booth of people I mentally curse myself for not smoking in my car. But I knew after the game Reggie would freak out if he smelt the smoke anyways. Jughead got to them first and slid next to Betty. "I told you I could get her to come," Jug says. I roll my eyes and pull a chair up to the table. 

"I only came to see what all the fuss was about," I say to them.

"Well, you know everyone right?" Veronica asks.

"Yep," I say, "Kevin Keller, Betty Cooper, Veronica Lodge, Archie Andrews, and the oh so famous Jughead Jones the Third." 

"Well," Betty says, "I guess you do."

"Jughead talks about you guys a lot," I say, "and I have classes with all of you."

"Jughead talks about us?" Betty asks.

"All good things," I say, "It's nice he found his people."

"My people?" Jug asks.

"People who care about you. Friends," I say.

"What about you?" Kevin asks, "Who are your 'people'?"

"Jughead, and then some southside kids," I say, "Jughead has met them before."

"Yeah they are pretty great," He says.

"But other than Jughead no one at Riverdale High?" Archie asks.

"Is this gonna be an interrogation because I actually have homework to do before this game," I say.

"Oh, are you going?" Betty asks.

"Yeah," I say, "I always do. There isn't anything else to do in Riverdale."

"Fair point," Kev says.

"Hey you can sit with me then," Jughead says, "and Kevin."

"Great," I say. Shit. 

"Speaking of the game I have to get to practice," Archie says. He leans closer to Veronica and kisses her. Then slides from the both. 

"Yeah B and I should get going anyway," Veronica says, "Cheryl will kill us if we are late."

"Bye Juggie," Betty says kissing his cheek. He slides out so she can and the three get up and leave the Dinner.

"I need a cigarette," I say, "I can't smoke at the game."

"Why not?" Jug asks.

"A. it is school property, B. I'm hanging out with someone after the game who hates that I smoke," I say. I stand up and move the chair. "You guys are welcome to join me outside. I won't force you to smoke."

"I'll go," Jug says.

"Sweet," I say. We walk out to my car and I pull the container from my pocket. I grab the small cylinder and a lighter. 

"God I can't believe you are still smoking," He says with distaste in his voice. I breathe in the foul smoke and I breathe it out.

"I don't really smoke them that much anymore," I say. He smirks and I flick off the ashes.

"Is this because of the person you're meeting after the game?" He asks.

"Actually yeah he doesn't like the smell of smoke," I say, "and it's healthier this way."

"So it's a guy," He says my face slightly red.

"Yeah," I say, "and I really like him Jug. He makes me really happy."

"So when can I meet him?" Jug asks.

"Um, that depends," I say, "if he and I decide to make it public or not."

"Wait he is making you keep it secret?" He asks.

"It's fine Jug," I say, "it was a mutual decision."

"Why wouldn't you want to tell people?" He asks as I toss the cigarette on the ground and put it out.

"Because I'm afraid of what will happen if we do," I say to Jughead. He sighs.

  "Fine," he says,  "but if he hurts you I'll kill him."

  "I figured," I say.

******

   I look at my outfit in the mirror it's a maroon crop top and high waisted jeans. Pretty standard for me. Although I did have a dark gray hoodie of Reggie's to wear. "Mom I'm going out!" I scream as I walk down the stairs.

  "Okay have fun sweetie!" She yells. I grab my keys and walk out to my car. Once I get in I pull on the jacket. Reggie had left it the last time he came over to 'study'. The scent of his cologne lingered on it.

*****

   "Jesus Christ it's cold," I say. Jughead laughs as I zip up the jacket.

  "Is that your boyfriend's jacket?" Jug asks. Kevin smirks and looks over at me.

  "You have a boyfriend?" Kev asks.

  "Yes, and yes," I say.

  "Ooooooo," Kevin teases.

  "So is the guy here?" Jug asks.

  "No and leave me alone about it," I say. The football team takes the field and I cheer loudly when I see Reggie. He looks at me and smiles.

   "Oh my god your secret boyfriend is on the football team," Kev says.

  "You're dating one of those Assholes?" Jug asks.

  "Isn't Archie, your best friend, a bulldog?" I ask.

  "Irrelevant," He says, "this is about you dating an asshole bulldog."

   "I promise you I'm fine," I say to him, "Anyways look at your girlfriend down there."

  "Yeah she really enjoys being a Vixen," He says.

   "That's great," I say, "although I would never have guessed you would date a cheerleader."

  "Me either," he says. Reggie scores a touchdown and I cheer loudly.

  "Well I'm happy for you," I say to him.

  "And I will stop asking questions and I'll be happy for you," He says. I smile and he laughs. As the game goes on I cheer loudly for the team. At half time the team shuffles off the field.

"I'll be back in a minute," I say, "want anything to eat?"

"Fries," He says.

"Kevin?" I ask.

  "Um a cola," he says.

  "Alright, I shall return with food," I say. I stand up and walk off the bleachers. I duck behind them to see Reggie.

  "Hey Beautiful," he says. I smile and run my fingers through his hair.

  "Hey Reg," I say. He smirks and pushes me against the bleachers and slams his lips into mine. I move my hands to the back of his head as he takes dominance. He smirks in the kiss and pushes his tongue into my mouth.

"REGGIE!" I hear voices yell. He pulls away and I roll my eyes.

"Your team is calling," I say.

"They always seem to ruin our fun," He says. I lightly punch his arm.

  "You should go out there," I say. He connects his lips to mine and places his hand on my cheek. I deepen the kiss but the calls just continue.

"God damn it," he says, "I'll see you after the game."

"Bye babe," I call out as he leaves. I sigh and walk out and head to the concession stand. I get food for the boys and join them back in the stadium.

  "Took ya long enough," Kevin says.

  "Yeah sorry," I say. I hand them their food.

  "Half time is already over," Jug says, "you missed it."

  "Sorry," I shrug. I watch as they set up the first play. It was one of the ones that Reggie ranted to me about him hating. "This play is shit," I say to the boys beside me. I grab a couple fries from Jughead's box of them and I shove them in my mouth.

  "How do you know?" Kevin asks.

  "I go to every game," I say. My eyes focus on the field as I see Reggie run the wrong way. "What the hell is he doing?" Another guy slams into him and knocks him to the ground, Two other guys tackle him. "What the hell?!" I say as I stand up.

"Yikes," Kevin says. The ref makes the guys get up and Reggie doesn't move.

"That can't be good," Jughead says. The trainers run up to him.

"I- I'll be," I say as I run down to the benches where Archie is sitting. "Whats happening?" I ask.

"They think he was knocked out," Archie says. 

"Knocked out?" I ask.

"Yeah," He says, "he was hit pretty hard." I see the trainers help Reggie up and walk him over to the bench where Archie was.

"Andrews you're in!" Coach Clayton says. Archie helps Reggie onto the bench and then runs onto the field. I sit beside Reggie on the bench and he smiles.

"Hey baby," He says. 

"Reggie are you okay?!" I ask. He looks at me and smiles. 

"Yeah," He says.

"Are you sure?" I ask him. He nods.

"Yeah," He says, "just knocked the wind out of me."

"You scared me half to death," I say with my hand on his cheek. 

"I'm fine," He says. I kiss his cheek and I pull him into a hug.

"Please be more careful next time," I say.

"I will," He says. He is slightly laughing.

"What?" I ask him.

"You must have been worried if you ran down here in front of the whole school," He says.

"Well, I was thinking," I say he wraps his hand around mine, "that we could stop hiding it. I want to be able to hang out with you. Like go out on dates or come to your games."

"I was thinking that too," He says.

"Great," I say.

"Have fun telling Donnie Darko," He says. I hit his arm.

"Don't call him that," I say, "no more bullying my best friend."

"Fine," He says, "but no more booing my team."

"Hey! I did that before we were dating," I say.

"You booed Steve last game," He says.

"Because he is a dick," I say, "but fine I'll stop."

****

 The crowds loud cheering fill my ears as I Reggie and the rest of the team huddle. I stood by the bench waiting for Reggie. He was smiling and celebrating with his team. "So Reggie huh?" Jughead asks. I turn and smile faintly.

 "Yeah," I say, "he might seem like a dick but he is actually really sweet. And he makes me happy. I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner."

"Like I said before," Jug says, "if he hurts you I'll kill him."

"Kill who?" Reggie asks as he wraps his arm around my waist.

"You," I say. 

"What?" Reggie asks.

"If you hurt her," Jug says, "I will kill you."

"Understandable," Reggie says.

"Good," Jug says, "I'll see you later Y/n."

"Bye," I say as Jug walks away. I connect my lips to Reggie's. 

"I love you Y/n," He says.

"I love you, Reggie," I say.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.8K 1.3K 41
All Choni
116K 1.4K 60
A collection of imagines/oneshots with the Riverdale characters and the reader! Requests are currently open, please look at my rules before requesti...
119K 2.1K 48
Bughead One shots
254K 3.4K 37
I'll do Imagines and one-shots of every character of Riverdale.