Harry potter and the war of l...

By paterdave2

This is a Harry Potter Fanfiction. I don't own any rights they all are J.K.Rowlins The story starts the day a... More

Harry potter and the war of life
Chapter 2 Home sweet home
Chapter 3 Sirius' Return
Chapter 4 Returning to Hogwarts
Chapter 5 Details and Arrangements
Chapter 6 Attack on the Burrow
Chapter 7 At the ministry
Chapter 9 A birthday to remember
Chapter 10 Trouble in paradise
Chapter 11 Letters
Chapter 12 The three broomsticks
Chapter 13 Diagon Alley
Chapter 14 George
Chapter 15 the Hogwarts express
Chapter 16 The New Teachers
Chapter 17 first lesson
Chapter 18 A lunar problem
Chapter 19 Meeting the Baylay's
Chapter 20 wolf talk
Chapter 21 Revelations
Chapter 22 Fighting Voldemort
Chapter 23 More revelations
Chapter 24 What is it with Malfoy
Chapter 25 Halloween
Chapter 26 Something Forgotten
Chapter 27 Wandless Wonders
Chapter 28 Travel arrangements
Chapter 29 Unexpected
Chapter 30 What to give to the Weasley's
Chapter 31 Fight with Ginny
Chapter 32 Talks with Molly
Chapter 33 Change of plans
Chapter 34 Christmas at the Potters
Chapter 35 Unexpected presents
Chapter 36 Arriving for diner
Chapter 37 Diner
Chapter 38 Talks
Chapter 39 Taking Dudley home
Chapter 40 Trip to Paris
Chapter 41 Trouble at the ministry
Chapter 42 Back at Hogwarts
Chapter 43 Decisions
Chapter 44 The voice of Hogwarts
Chapter 45 What to do with Sirius
Chapter 46 Draco Forgiven
Chapter 47 New Problems
Chapter 48 Trapped
Chapter 49 New information
Chapter 50 The Leader
Chapter 51 Wonders and attacks
Chapter 52 No time to Celebrate
Chapter 53 Letters from home
Chapter 54 Family Talks part 1
Chapter 55 Family Talks part2/Last train ride

Chapter 8 Statements and Confrontation

1K 19 1
By paterdave2

Chapter 8 Statements and Confrontation

Harry walked with the others to the elevators and went to the lobby.
In the lobby there stood a stage big enough to hold a whole orchestra. 

Harry looked at Kingsley and said. "You could have made it a litle bit smaller Kingsley it is just me up there."
"No Harry it will be all of us." Said Kingsley. "You did't think we would let you go through that all that trouble alone did you?"

"Well," said Harry, "I didn't think about that really. Okay lets get this show on the road." He said, and he walked the stairs up to the stage the others behind him.

He walked to the centre as the others stayed a little more to the back and looked around. Everybody looked at him and the front people started to ask questions al at the same time. Kingsley stept beside Harry and rised his voice. "Everybody quit!!!" he yelled.
The gatherd people fell silent at once.
"Mr. Potter will make a statement but he won't answer any questions. If one of you thinks he can still ask him questions be warned he or she will be detaint here at the ministy and loose any working licence he or she has."

He stept back and gave Harry a smile to encourage him.
Harry once again looked around and cleared his troath.

"Fist of all I want you all to know that things I will tell you are perhaps more than normaly is givin but I want you all to know what happened also this statement perhaps will be longer than you are used to but well I can't help that." Harry started his statement.

"As you all know the house of Mr. and Mrs. Weasley was attacked yesterday morning.
The attackers were Marcus Flint, Blaise Zabini and Gregory Goyle.
Before they arrived I woke up early that day and went to the kitchen to make breakfast for all the people in the house.
I saw them arrive just outside the garden. I heard them talking about wanting revenge.
They wanted revenge on me for defeating Voldemort. They wanted to kill me and all the people in the house." At the mentoning of Voldemorts name there went a shudder trough the room.
"When my friends were woken up we took action to defeat these attackers. Me and one of my friends went out the back to go around the house to had them off. One of us woke up the rest of the house so that there would be anti-aperation spells in place when we would make our counterattack. The last one of us stayed in the house to make a diversion so that me and my friend would be able to get some fast spell out so we would be able to take them out fast and without harm. When we were ready to attack me and my friend went for the attack and were forced in small duels. Blaise Zabini and Gregory Goyle were caught with stunners pretty fast. Marcus Flint and I dueled and he almost got me.
He was mocking me and when I finally disarmed him he tried to run.
I shot a stunner in front of him and he turned in shock to look at me.
I than shot a stunner. 
When I shot my stunner and hit Mr. Flint he was hit with a second stunner with much more strength than mine. When I looked back it was to see Mr Shacklebolt there who was staying at the house after a party we had with his wand ready and he had shot that second stunner.
Because he was standing a few feet behind me we spoke the spell at the same time and his spell hit Mr. Flint a few seconds after mine.
The force of both spells was of such strength that Mr. Flint was shot through the garden and hit the gardenwall. When he hit the wall the force was to great and he was dead at once. I want to explain that I did not want Mr. Flint to die, but when he entered the garden of the Weasley's he did so with the risk of getting hurt.
Also I have been told that the family of Mr. Flint doesn't blame me or Mr. Shacklebolt for his death and that they are happy that he is the only one who was hurt in the attack. Further more I also want to say that I wish that the family Weasley, Mrs. Granger and me are left alone and that you won't ask us any questions about these events when you meet us. Thank you for your time." Harry than turned around and left the stage. Kingsley Shacklebolt stept forward and told the gathered press that he would answer a few questions.
The first question that was shot at him by Rita Skeeter and was why he was at the house and why he didn't stop the attack sooner. He looked at Harry and wanted to say something but Harry turned back and started before him.

"As I just told you Mr. Shacklebolt was at the house for a private party and stayed the night. When the rest of the house was woken up by one of my friends he didn't have enough time to get down and stop the attack because we were already busy with our own counter attack. I was clear about that I think or did you not listen or did you have bugs up your ears?"

The rest of the press started laughing at their colleague and Rita got red in the face with shame and fury. She wanted to say something but Harry turned back again and walked of the stage. Kingsley didn't had to answer any questions because the rest of the press didn't want another outburst from Harry.
When Harry and the others were in a small office Kingsley looked at Harry and smiled.
"You are just as fast with your wand as with words Harry I must give you that." He said.
Harry smiled and said in a low voice to Kingsley. "Well Kingsley that was also what Voldemort always said he didn't liked my smart remarks towards him."
Kingsley laughed out loud. "I can imagine that," He said, "I would have loved to see that. You and Voldemort in a discusion about what you just said to him."
Harry laughed with him. 

Mr. Weasley walked over to Harry and placed his hands on Harry's shoulders.
"Harry you were wonderfull out there, I know that I'm not your father but I want you to know that I feel like I am and you couldn't have made me any prouder than you did when you stood there and talked to those people." He said to Harry.
"Also when you turned around to answer that question I must say that it was hard for me not to start laughing. Your remark was just perfect."
Harry felt tears in his eyes burning and huged Mr. Weasley. "I feel the same." He just said.

"Harry what I wanted to ask you." said Mr. Weasley.
"When you told us you and Ginny were at the back of the house and stuck there you told us that Ginny called Kreacher, but didn't you mean you called him?"
"No sir, Ginny was the one who called Kreacher not me why?" Said Harry
"No just checking," Said Mr. Weasley with a big smile. "I also noticed you didn't mentioned him to the press why?"
"Well sir I didn't wanted the press to know that I have a house elf and to keep him from any trouble." Was Harry's reply.
"You are one good hearted boy Harry," Said Mr. Weasley. "and I am proud to call you a friend of the family and a son to me and my wife."

Harry and Mr. Weasley went home because they needed to tell the rest of the family what happened at the ministry and off course the needed to tell the big news of Mr. Weasley's promotion. 

When they arrived at the Burrow it was to find a strange woman in the living room. 

"Molly what's going on?" Asked Mr. Weasley when he walked in. 

"I am sorry to intrude Mr. Weasley the woman spoke but I am Glenda Violetta Flint and I wanted to talk to Mr. Harry Potter if I could please. I was let in by your wife with the aproval of the rest of the house but if it isn't convienient than I can come back another time." The woman explaint her pressence. 

"No no no," Said Mr. Weasley, "please keep seated Mrs. Flint. I was just not expecting any vistiors thats all."

Harry walked in after hearing the conversation between Mrs. Flint and Mr. Weasley. 

"I am Harry Potter what can I do for you Mrs. Flint."
"Well I wanted to talk with you about yesterday morning." Mrs. Flint said.
"I expected that mutch," Harry said, "Mr. Weasley could you please give us some privacy and get us some tea please?" Harry asked.
"Off course Harry." Mr. Weasley said and left the room for the kitchen to get them some tea.
"Mr. Potter I want you to know that I don't blame you for anything." Said Mrs. Flint.
"Please call me Harry, and you have every right to blame me Mrs. Flint." Said Harry.  "I am the reason your son is dead, and I am very sorry for your loss." 

"Harry you call me Glenda and don't be sorry."Mrs. Flint told him. "You had every right to defend yourself Marcus was always looking for trouble. When I heard he wanted to join the Death eaters I thought my life was over. I did not raised my son to be that evil. I don't know what happened when he was at school but he changed a lot." She concluded.  "I think it were his class mates Mrs. Flint." Said Harry. 

"Harry please it is Glenda."glenda Flint said. "You might be right," She continued, "but that is still no reason to go out and try to kill someone. I am a great admirer of you Harry and not for the chosen one or boy who lived reasons but because you only fight for the just. Even when you could have killed all three attackers you chose to stun them. Also when you were fighting He who must not be named in your final battle you chose to disarm him instead of trying to kill him. He killed your parents and tried to kill you for the past 7 years I must say that I don't think I could do the same. I would have tried to kill him." Glenda said.

"Glenda please I don't deserve this," Harry interrupted, "I did what I thought was the right thing to do. I knew that one of us needed to die to finish this war. I knew that his spell would backfire on him just as it had done the first time. Why is very simple. Because of the love I felt from the Weasley's and my friends. Also from the love from my parents and my godfather. I knew how proud they all were of me and that was enough for me to know how I could kill him without killing him myself. I don't want to kill anybody. That's why I feel so guilty about your son. He could still be here today if I acted faster." Harry told Glenda

"Harry," came a small voice from the doorway as Ginny walked in. "Sorry to interupt you but keep in mind that I also fired a stunner so if it is your fault than it is also mine and Ron's. I am very sorry for your loss Mrs. Flint but I don't think that stunning him would have saved him. I just got word from the ministry and they interviewed the other two. The sentence they will be getting is far worse than death." Ginny said.
"What do you mean dear." Said Mrs. Flint. 

"Well they will be getting the Dementors kiss." Was all ginny said.
"NO!," Said Harry as he jumped out of his seat.
"What why nobody got hurt they could go to Azkaban and than after a few years be released and........." Harry continued.
"Harry, listen to me," Came a strict Mrs. Flint "They wanted to kill you and all who was in this house. They acted on their own actions they were not forced into doing it.
They had the choice and they chose to attack with every consequense. This is a mild sentence. For killing or attempted murder the normal punisment is death by fire. Now the families can take them home and take care of them. If they have no family than the ministry will place them in St. Mongo's. Please Harry calm down. Don't you see that in killing my son you also did him a favour. It is cruel I know but in a way it is also justice." Mrs. Flint said to Harry.

Harry sat down again as he listened to Mrs. Flint, when she was finished he said.
"So you really don't blame me for Marcus' death? "
"No Harry I don't," Said Mrs. Flint, "so stop feeling guilty about it."
"I didn't want to tell you this but now I think you have the right to know.
Marcus was terrorizing me at home. He always said he would kill me in my sleep, or he hit me. His father was also this way so I think he thought it was okay to do it. So you see in a way you saved me by killing my son." Harry could not believe what he was hearing and Mrs. Flint could see the disbelief in his eyes. So to really get trough to him she said. "Also and that is something you keep in mind you saved him from a fate far worse than death. So you saved us both do you understand."

"Yes Glenda I do." Said Harry. 

At that time Mr. Weasley came in the room with the tea.
"Ginny what are you doing here, Harry and Mrs. Flint should have some privacy." He reprimanded his daughter. 
"Well dad if you don't mind I was talking with Mrs. Flint to my boyfriend so that he would get it in his very thick scull that what happened wasn't his fault." Ginny said with a lot of sarcasm in her voice. 

Mr. Weasley caught the hint and looked at Harry with a smile.
"Harry haven't I told you never but than I mean never ever go up against two women in an argument." He said.
"No Sir I don't think you have," Said Harry, "but thanks for the tip."

They all laughed and after that went into the kitchen with the rest of the family to have some tea. When Mrs. Flint left they all wanted to know what had happened in the ministry and what Harry and Mrs. Flint had talked about.
So Harry started explaining about the statement he made for the minister and that there wouldn't be any charges for any of them.
"I told you," Said Hermione to Ron, "They had no right to charge you because it was self defence."
Than Harry started explaining that they wanted to only give a written statement to the press, but that he didn't want that. He told them about the argument that than broke out and about his thread of going to the press himself if they didn't do it his way.
When he came to the part where they changed the outcome of the fight so that the auror office would get the blame Ron bursts out.
"This is great. This is just great. We kill him because he wants to kill us and the aurors get the credit. In what for world are we livin these days."Ron said in disbelief.
"No Ron," Said Hermione. "They didn't want the public to know it was you three because they would think that you got off because it was Harry Potter and friends."
"So who fired the spell?" Ginny asked.
"Kingsley." Said Harry, "I was not glad with that but it made sence.
The story was that we had a private party here at the house and that Kingsley of who it is known that he is a friend of the family stayed the night. When I fired my stunner he also shot his and because of the strenght of his stunner Flint was killed. The fun part was when I made the statement to the press and...."
"Wait a minute you addressed the press?" Asked Mrs. Weasley. "But Harry Why would you do that?"

"Very simple," Said Harry, "I don't want anybody to do my job anymore. I needed to do this. A written statement would not be enough and the press would have a fieldtrip in front of the garden to get a statement from one of us, that's why I needed to do it."

"Well I think it is brave." Said Ginny. "Me too." Said Hermione.
"I must say it surprised me that he wanted to do it but when he explaint it to us there it made sence and it still does." said Mr. Weasley. "Go on Harry finish your story."

"Okay." Said Harry. So he told them about the statement he made and that it was clear to all there that he would not tollerate any intrusions to him or the others for a comment on what had happened. "The most fun was it when Rita Skeeter asked a very stupid question." he said,  "She asked Kingsley why he wasn't there sooner to stop the attack. I turned around again and told her that I just told them that and that I was very clear about that. So I asked her if she hadn't listened or that perhaps she had bugs up her ears." 

The four friends laughed out loud and Hermione screamed. "That one is great Harry I don't think she liked that one. "
"No she didn't." said Harry between laughs. "All the others in the room started laughing and she looked as she would try and kill me. "
"Well that won't help her to do that in the ministry." Laughed Ron.
They all laughed again and Mrs. Weasley wanted to know what was so funny about Harry's reply.
"Well mum we will tell you some day but not today. Said Ginny. 

"Right and I also have some great news." Said Mr. Weasley.
"As you all know the minister wanted to talk to me for some time now and finnaly we were able to have that little meeting. I must say that Harry wanted to stay because he had a feeling it would involve him. As it turned out he was right in a small way because his and Hermione's help are perhaps sometimes needed."
"Arthur what do you mean those kids will be at Hogwarts and they won't be doing any Ministry business they can't ask them to do that." Said Mrs'Weasley.
"No Molly they won't. " Mr. Weasley said.
"You see you are looking at the new head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement." He said with a big smile. "You see I could use their advise sometimes for muggle issues that I can be dealing with that's all."

Arthur you mean you got a new job? Asked Mrs. Weasley carefully.
"Not just any job dear." He said. "I am the new head of the Department of Magical Law Enforcement that means all the aurors all the misuse of muggle artifacts everything I have a say about."
Mrs. Weasley just started crying. "Atrhur that is wonderful I am so proud of you." 
"We all are dad." Said Ron and they all went over to congratulate Mr. Weasley. 

"Okay," Said Mrs. Weasley after another cup of tea. "All out of this kitchen I want to make a great diner for the whole family."
They all looked at her and walked out.
"Dad when will be able to go to Diagon Ally?" asked Ginny.
"Why dear?" Asked Mr.Weasley.
"I want to buy my boyfriend a great birthday present," She said, "and I don't want mother to know about it."

*****************************************************************************************************

Thanks all of you readers for staying with me and the story.

I hope to update the story sooner next time.

Also there will be more action coming up so please stay with me.

Let me know what you think of the story so far.

Greetings Paterdave2 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.3K 3.2K 48
The Battle of Hogwarts is over. Voldemort is dead. But the war has just begun. *Dramione* (All rights to Harry Potter belong to a person who is not...
5 0 2
This is a self-indulging Harry Potter fanfiction with my Original Characters. It goes through the same story point starting from the Sorcerer's Stone...
20.5K 268 75
These are fandoms that I made up. Please don't steal my work. They are not like other one shots. I do not own the Harry Potter characters except my...
8.3K 73 29
Y/n- your name L/n- last name N/n- nickname None of these characters belong to me, they belong to J.K Rowling. Some of this stuff doesn't totally...