The True Alpha

By HappyFairy13

#15 in Werewolf on 3 September 2017 Bring this beautiful world of werewolves in our lives and then talk about... More

Before You Start
Extra: The Packs
#1 The "Mate"
#2 The Deserving Luna
#3 The Commander
#4 The little dive into the past.
#5 The fight.
#6 The Fight For Right.
#7 The Heart brake.
#8 The Club
#9 The Emerging Luna
#10 The Familiar Stranger
#11 The Smell Of Death.
#12 The Tale Of Demise.
#13 The Chosen Alpha.
#14 The Heir
Author's Note
#15 The Visit.
#16 The Danger.
#17 The Fest Part-1
#18 The Fest Part-2
#19 The Plan.
#20 The Kidnapping
#21 The Escape
#22. The Captor's Story
#23 The Disclosure
#24 The Sacred Moon
#25 The Brown Eyed Man.
#26 The Story Behind Ava's Life.
#27 The Story Behind Elias's Life
#28 The Road to Home
#29 The Power Discovered
#30 The Paroxysm
#31 The Revelations
#32 The Countdown - Day Thirteen
#34 The Countdown - Day Twelve
#35 The Feeling Of Falling In Love
#36 The Countdown- Day Eleven
#37 The Mystery Behind Rachel's Death
#38 The Countdown- Day Ten
#39 The Mark
Kael's Book
#40 The Betrayal of Alphas- Day Nine
#41 The Countdown- Day Eight
#42 The Insight Into Mischa's Life
#43 The First Born
#44 The Countdown- Day Seven
#45 The Sudden Changes
#46 The Countdown- Day Six
#47 The Countdown- Day Five
#48 The Countdown- Day Four and Three
#49 The Countdown- Day Two (Part I)
#50 The Countdown- Day Two (Part II)
#50 The Creature Borned
#51 The AfterWar
#52 The Monarch
Acknowledgment

#33 The Secret Source

9.9K 461 60
By HappyFairy13

"I think we are bit lost here.." I claim looking at the navigator and then at the surroundings searching for any sign board.

"Maybe. It says we have reached our destination." Elias points towards the navigator and then looks ahead at the road and quickly scans our surrounding before continuing, "But we are stuck at an intersection." He sighs and slams his hand on the steering wheel lightly. "Why will she mention wrong address in her details?" Elias asks looking at me and I shrug puckering my lips.

From behind Kael sighs loudly and slams his head against the front seat.

"No she didn't." He mumbles against the leather of car seat, his face hidden under his bulky hands.

"She just missed the details." He explains and leans back finally allowing us to see his face which is now confronted in a mixture of emotions.

"Turn Right." He instructs and Elias raises his eyebrow looking at me before he hides his eyes by slipping on his ray bans.

"Alright then, here we turn right-" Elias speaks changing the gear and accelerating the car on the right side. "-Now what?"

"You see that flowerbed?" Kael points out after situating himself in the space between the front car seats.

"Every house has a garden." Elias replies exasperated.

"No; the one with Purple and Pink Orchids." Kael clarifies and Elias nods driving in the same direction where a grand garden of orchids lay under wooden fence which are painted white; with a little family house.

Elias looks at me with a knowing look, even he has guessed that Kael has some connection with this girl and we both are almost sure that this girl is his mate. It's just we both are excited to finally know what is the reason for their separation.

I step out of the door slamming the car door and look up at the house. It is small family house but it has a huge front yard.
I round the car and come in front of the yard from here I can see a toy bucket and a shovel placed under a swing. Several small toys cars lying around in the bucket and a action figure standing on top of the swing.

"I'm good here." Kael comments folding his hands against his chest and leaning against the car.

"What do you mean? Come on." I shout looking behind my shoulder at him.

He huffs but nonetheless follows us inside.

I stop in my track to look at the beautiful flowerbed when I'm suddenly hit with a feeling of recognition. As if I know this place.. But the question is; How?

"You Okay?" Elias questions placing his hand on my shoulder.

"Yeah.." I breath and turn around facing him. "Let's go."

He smiles and places his hand on small of my waist caging me and kisses me lightly on my cheeks.
"I've been waiting all day to do this." He whispers in my ear and places a quick peck on my lips.

"Let's..go?" Kael questions standing there awkwardly and I nod pulling Elias with me.

Now What surprised me is not the fact that Kael looks hesitant. Hell hesitant is understatement for what Kael looks like right now. He looks like an unwilling kid who is being dragged out of his favourite game parlour.

What actually surprised me is the fact that Kael didn't bother knocking or even ringing the bell. But he produced a key from his jeans pocket and directly opened the door of her house walking inside her house as if he owns it.

Well who knows, he may actually do.

Me and Elias both look at him open mouthed at this and quickly compose ourselves before entering.
This guy is full of surprises.

Another thing that shocked us about him was the 360 degrees change in his demeanor. It was as if my goofy long lost elder brother just vanished in thin air and is now replaced by a serious, calculative dominant man. Who walks with a permanent scowl on his face rather than his evergreen smile.

Kael directly walks inside her house and silently guides our way through hallways and finally ends up in her kitchen.

Suddenly a figure comes in front of us; with her back towards us one can easily see her soft wavy blonde hair. She is wearing a peach coloured top and matched it with black jeans and the strings of her white apron are tied neatly at her back.

Unaware of our presence; she walks around her kitchen and opens the refrigerator door and bends a bit; blocking her face from us.

"Is that you Kael?" A soft voice questions from behind the refrigerator door and the girl finally stands up and closes the door; finally revealing her face. I gasp slowly and hold Elias' hand tightly as I remember this green eyed- blonde haired women. This is the same girl whose image I saw when I went through Kael's mind.

"Hey.. May." Kael greets looking rather unenthusiastic about seeing her.

The girl's face visibly brightens as she looks at Kael; complete opposite of the expression Kael is giving off right now.

She looks taken aback by his stern expression but she masks it quickly with a polite smile and looks at me.

"Hello.. Avaline right?" She greets and I nod hesitantly and then become aware of the situation and thrust my hand forward in hers.

"Call me Ava. And you are.. May, I suppose?"

She nods and smiles at me before looking behind me at Elias with a confused expression.

"Sorry I didn't recognise you.." She speaks apologetically and I smile internally at this sweet girl.

"I'm Elias Sanctity." Elias introduces and then looks down at me with a soft smile. "Ava's mate." He further adds making me blush and I just nod; biting my lips in agreement.

"Elias? Oh my God! You are Elias, Like the Alpha of Shadow pack?"

"Yeah.. Same." A very amused Elias replies and tugs at her hand to bring her attention at their still joined hands.
She quickly releases his hand and steps back looking at me.

"I'm sorry.. For my behavior. It is not surprising that you are mated to Elias. Wow. I didn't know about this." She continues rambling and looks at Kael accusingly.

"Yeah.. That's okay..-" I try speaking but she quickly cuts me off with her another sentence.

"Oh why are we standing here. Come let's sit down. And then you have to tell me what brings you here. I'm sure Kael didn't bring you here to meet me. He is very protective of me sometimes." She rambles again leading us towards her living room.

Elias grins at me just as Kael leaves kitchen after May.

"She is sweet. I wonder why is Kael behaving this way with her." I speak analysing the situation.

"Oh I think I have the answer." Elias answers and points out towards a wall behind me.

I turn around and this time I gasp loudly looking at the family photo on the wall.

May is in the frame with a Man by her side and a kid of around one or two on her lap. She looks really happy and the couple looks very much in love.

"So they aren't mates?" I question turning around and Elias shrugs.

"Your guess is as good as mine."

"Let's go." I answer shortly after. My gaze lingers on the picture frame for another second and then I place my hand in Elia's and we walk towards her living room.

"Stop doing that." A hushed voice speaks with clear irritation filling his voice.

"But I was just.." Another hushed defeated voice answers trying to explain herself.

Elias tightens his grip on my hand silently asking me to wait at the threshold of the room.

I give him a questioning look and he simply shakes his head in disagreement.

"No. Don't interfere." He suggests and I nod still concerned about the sweet girl and my dumb brother.

What happened to my sweet goofy brother?

After the voices nearly die down we both walk inside with matching smiles to find May standing in the corner and Kael sitting on the sofa.

"There you are." Kael acknowledges and points us to sit.

May settles down in front of us but all traces of smile and cheerfulness in her face has vanished and she looks serious giving off all-about-business like vibes.

"So we need some of your help.." I start and her attention transfixes on me.

"Yes, how can I help you?" She asks and places her hands on her lap.

"We need to know about the hunters in this area." I directly ask without beating around the bush and she nods in understanding.

"Yes, there are couple of hunters here." She replies and then looks at Kael. Her expression almost looks like she is pleading and Kael quickly looks away from her.

"So what can you tell about them.."

Her expression turns sour and she looks down at her lap and then takes a deep breath before facing me again.

"What do you want to know?"

"Okay.. If we come to the point. There's an organisation working against us and these hunters are helping them. It's not only about the hunters but it is also for protecting our entire species, May."

Surprised she looks up in my eye and then back at Kael asking his confirmation. When Kael nods she looks down at her lap again and twiddles her fingers playing for a second before answering.

"There is a group of hunters in the town but they work on their own and there aren't many wolves in town so they don't do much.. They just keep an eye on the wolves because they are under a peace treaty." She pauses and takes a ragged breath.

"I would definitely know if they join any organisation like the one you mentioned."

"And..how is that?" Elias questions leaning ahead giving suspicious glances towards May.

"My.." She stops and looks at Kael for help who looks uneasy himself.

"My husband is their leader." She speaks rapidly and places her hand against her face. Her chin wobbles and that was all required before Kael stands up clearly dismissing the conversation.

"Okay that's enough." He states.

"Let's go." He commands and I look at him raising an eyebrow but he simply glares in my direction.

"Come on Cara." He pleads this time and I sigh standing up along with Elias.
Giving another glance to May who looks on the verge of crying I walk out of the house ignoring my wolf who is asking me to comfort the women inside.

And now starts the whirlwind of questions inside my head.

"What was that Kael?" I question as soon as we reach towards our car.

Kael who was about the sit inside the car closes the door with a slam and turns around glaring at me.

"You don't know a thing about me so don't even start." He replies angrily and Elias quickly pushes me behind him glaring at Kael.

"You better watch your mouth. Brother or not I won't tolerate disrespect for my mate." He spats and for a second fear flashes in Kael's eye which he quickly hides and silently opens the car door and sits inside.

Elias quickly places his hand on my waist and kisses my forehead leading me towards the car.

"We'll talk to him about this alright? Don't stress yourself." He Whispers in my ear and places another soft kiss on my head before opening the car door for me.

Once we settle down in the car Kael groans from behind us and slams his head against the back seat.

"I'm so sorry Cara. Forgive me?" He apologises and I sigh loudly looking at him.

"Only if you explain yourself to me."

He looks at Elias giving a look silently asking 'Infront of him?'.

When I nod again in reply he sighs raking his hand through his hair and looks out of the window at the passing by scenery.

"May and I.. We are Mates." He explains. My forehead scrunches up in confusion and at the same time Elias looks at me and then at Kael through the mirror.

"But she is married?" Elias points out and he nods.

"I'll explain you." He mumbles and leans back on the seat staring out of the car window.

"May was a late bloomer; till the time she got to know about her werewolf ancestry and her own wolf she was in love with the human and already pregnant with his child.
She don't want to leave the child and the human. Her werewolf genes are recessive so she doesn't feel the same like me. Not unless I mark her but she says that she loves the human.." He trails off and then again runs his hand through his hair.

"I'm not so happy with the decision, ofcourse. But we have come in terms by now.
The only thing is her husband is a hunter. She has successfully hidden her identity from him up to now because she can't shift. She is almost human except her night vision, sense of smell, strong health and strong tendency towards the Moon. But she hides it well."

"Whatever keeps her happy." Kael ends his explanation with this and relaxes back in his seat. He rubs his face and pulls a water bottle downing the liquid quickly.

"I am Sorry.. It must be hard for you." I whisper and he scorns.

"Hard? Cara you have no idea.. Seeing her with another Man.. Who exactly is a hunter who wants all of us dead.. And.. Her Child! I can't even begin expressing what I feel Cara." He replies and suddenly I feel a sense of gratitude for Moon goddess; looking at Elias.

At least she gave me a mate, we had a rough start but I understand his behavior. After all I rejected the idea of being his Luna. And I know he never loved Stella it was just for his pack.

But still I can't continue making excuses for him. What he did is wrong yeah.. But everyone deserves a second chance. Don't they? And he is trying. Isn't that what matters?

"I now understand all of your 'mate' speeches Kael." I speak softly and he smiles at me chuckling in the end and shakes his head.

"Of course, now you will understand. Stupid girl." He replies amused and chuckles slowly which is joined by a confused Elias who was looking at Kael apologetically few seconds back.

And just like that I got my goofy brother back.

//__\\

"We have been everywhere and we still can't find a single clue about this organisation." Kael sighs popping off the straw out of his mouth and placing his drink on the table.

"I know. But we can't stop looking. They are hell bent on killing us to extinction." Ron murmurs pointedly looking at Kael and waves his half eaten French fry in air.

"Alpha don't even have any time to train." Christie adds in the conversation and I nod slowly sipping my chocolate shake.

"Elias? I thought you have more than one business in human town. Don't you have other contacts?" I question and Elias nods picking a French fry from Ron's tray and suddenly he stills and his French fry hangs in air. He slowly glances up in my direction and tilts his head to his side.

"And how do you know that?" Elias questions sternly and everyone stops their activity and look at Kael who looks pale and suddenly chokes on his drink.

"Well?" Elias drags the 'l' impatiently and looks at everyone of us and then settles his gaze on Kael.

Kael's complete demeanour suddenly changes into a cold calculative one matching that of Elias.

"Now that I think about it.. Kael you have more information on me even more than Keeva or anyone I know." I muse and as if Kael wasn't already so stiff he stills again. He gulps slowly as if controlling himself. A small smile slowly forms on his face and then transforms into a goofy smile.

"I have contacts." He replies before noisily sipping from his drink.

"That was confidential. On paper I own only the publishing house. I've never mentioned anything about my other businesses ever to anyone.. Well except.." Elias trails off as recognition seems clear in his eyes.

He quickly stands up, his chair noisly scraping the floor. His eyes looks blood red in anger and everyone in the cafe stops and looks at us enjoying the show.

"Now I get it why he was so upset when Ava was kidnapped. The pieces are connecting. Now I know how he had information about Ava even before that rat spoke up. How he easily connected himself with Ava. Damn how did I not see this before! That day in Xander's pack it was you isn't it? And he tried to keep you hidden by reporting me last minute. It wasn't even a coincidence isn't it? Him being a rogue and meeting me?" Elias murmurs and furiously walks towards Kael. Even before Kael can stand in his defense, he clutches his collar and brings his face close to his. All of it within seconds.

"How long has he been with you? How long!" Elias growls and I quickly stand up moving towards them to control the situation.

We are in a human town!

But one look at Kael and I stop dead in my tracks. He is smiling! Elias is all on him to kill him and he is smiling?

"You are a fool if you doubt the loyalty of your beta." He speaks out his voice barely a whisper and Elias releases him with a slight push. Kael stumbles on me and I hold him balancing him.

"How do you even know that I was talking about Eric then?" Elias grits out and Kael gives him a half smile.

Internally I want to smack Kael for smiling. He knows well he is no match in front of Elias! Why even get on his bad side?

"You are right. Eric helped me but he is loyal to you. The only information he ever gave me was about Ava and only her." Kael explains rubbing his neck and this time it was my turn to stiffen.

"He has been giving you information and you claim that he is loyal?" My mate growls eyeing his prey and fists his hand when I come in front of both of them stopping them.

"Stop it. Look around we are in a town. There are people around us. Take this out of here." I glare at both of them.

Without thinking Elias holds my hand and pulls me out of the cafe.

He keeps on walking and his grip on my hand tightens every now and then just as his face distorts in distaste.

"For all I know they both must be conspiring against us. How can we even trust their words! It could all be fake. A plan. In reality I doubt if he even is your brother." He mumbles gripping my hand tightly.

"Who knows Keeva could be lying too!" He groans and I stop in my place. For a second he drags my body and then he stops too.

I look around and notice a park on the other side of road. I take his hand again and pull him towards the park. Luckily at the place where the park ends there begins the forest. The park is separated only by the help of a wooden fence. I drag him towards the forest area as many people stare at the odd looking couple that is us.

Once inside the deep forest I stop and turn towards him.

"Breath Elias. Relax." I whisper holding his biceps and he actually relaxes at my touch and breaths out. He holds my waist and places his forehead on mine breathing harshly.

"I don't know Ava. I've never been so confused ever before. It has always been easy for me. I had it all planned and then you came and now everything is confusing. Like a mystery. An unsolved mystery and we don't know anything. I have no idea if I can trust anyone anymore." He breaths out and I place my hand in his hair. Running my hand through his thick and soft hair to calm him down.

"I believe him Elias. My instincts tell me and I don't think he lied about being my brother. Trust me on this?" I reply softly trying to convince him.
Elias nods slowly and buries his head on my neck inhaling deeply.

"What is it all about?" I question softly.

Still holding me in his arms he faces me and pulls me more closer if that is even possible.

"The first time I met you and was trying to fight the bond, it was Eric who convinced me not to do that. He was the one who always took your side. And then when you were kidnapped he somehow had your exact location in the pack. I doubted him but let it go considering he is my Beta. Then at the night in Xanders pack when Eric informed us about Keeva, my Gamma told me that they saw another Man with Keeva. But Eric didn't mention that to me."

"That Man was Kael." I answer and he nods.

"I was thinking why Eric will protect that Man but then I thought that he must have forgotten or something." He stops and pulls me against his chest.

"I trusted him so much Ava. The only person I trust beside Mischa in my pack and he.." He stops and fists his free hand.

"Give Kael a chance to explain? He can take away your doubts. He is our chance of solving this mystery and then everything will be good." I take his fisted hand in mine and bring it to my lips; kissing it softly.

"You think?" Elias mumbles against my skin of my forehead and I nod linking my fingers in his.

"Cara?" Kael calls and Elias stiffens against me and turns around to look at Kael standing with others behind us. Elias steps beside me and holds me by my waist and pulls me closer towards him by keeping me on his side.

"I called them." I answer his unasked question and Elias nods again looking back at Kael.

"You better start explaining." Elias roars and Kael nods cautiously stepping ahead in our direction.

"Eric has been my childhood friend even before you met him and decided that he will be your beta. He helped me whenever it was about Cara. When we both were rogues he helped me by keeping an eye on Cara. He treats her like his sister." He explains and Elias's hold on my hand tightens.

"So when I got to know about Cara being your mate, I asked him to take care of her. He agreed as he has done it even before and that's all. I was afraid for her, I had no idea how you are and I knew you had some other she wolf in your pack that you've decided will be your Luna. I was afraid that you will mistreat her and so came Eric in the picture. He just helped me keeping Ava safe and in return I helped you."

"You helped us? How?" Elias questions and Kael looks down at the gravel path.

"I am a special wolf. My mother is a partial fire elemental, but her traits are dominant in mine and so I am a fully fire elemental. I kept it hidden and only Eric knows that, except me being elemental I also wander in every pack and my job is to gain information. For years l have worked as a secret source. So whenever you or Eric required information, he came to me and I did it."

"So you are his secret source." Elias accuses and Kael nods.

"I told you, you don't know a thing about me." He whispers looking at me.

________________×

How many of you felt that there was something fishy about Eric in starting chapters?

Don't forget to share your views!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 25.9K 36
[EDITING] ----------------------------- Nicole Summers thought she was living the ordinary high school life. In her senior year, she...
1.3M 36.6K 45
The ground shook. The battle began. Blood spilled. The Alpha died. The luna escaped with her new born child. 17 years later. Meet Athena a 17-year ol...
7.3M 219K 54
As a weak and powerless human, Eve was never meant to survive. Through a series of miracles, she finds herself taken in by werewolves. But she doesn'...
30.2K 502 26
A tale of supernatural, magical love and rival packs, In years, she transformed from a young girl to a strong alpha. A warrior. *** Ember Hemming. ...