Yes, Sir.

Per ziziiswild

Leah Evans is the definition of a businesswoman: strong, smart, and on her way to becoming the biggest CEO of... Més

Quote
Chapter 1: Reality
Chapter 2: Interview
Chapter 3: Opportunity
Chapter 4: Challenge
Chapter 5: Mistake
Chapter 6: Epiphany
Chapter 7: Truce
Chapter 8: Friends
Chapter 10: Accusation
Chapter 11: Stay
Chapter 12: Risk
Chapter 13: Revelation
Chapter 14: Overthinking
Chapter 15: Annoying
Chapter 16: Regret
Chapter 17: Invitation
Chapter 18: Opinions
Chapter 19: Dance
Chapter 20: Tease
Chapter 21: Ride
Chapter 22: Judgement
Chapter 23: Reminder
Chapter 24: Question
Chapter 25: Closer
Chapter 26: Tired
Chapter 27: Meeting
Chapter 28: Revenge
Chapter 29: Forgiven
Chapter 30: Answer
Chapter 31: Sad
Chapter 32: Suspicious
Chapter 33: Rebound
Chapter 34: Breathe
Chapter 35: Afraid
Chapter 36: Visitor
Chapter 37: Broken
Chapter 38: Expose
Chapter 39: Conversation
Chapter 40: Wild
Epilogue
Chocolate Cluster Recipe

Chapter 9: Offer

176K 5.9K 2.4K
Per ziziiswild

in honor of liam joining the story^^^

CHAPTER 9

Since my realization in the elevator, I seem to have become a different person. It's amazing what working out, a new wardrobe, and a little makeup can do. I feel more confident now, more beautiful, more....noticeable.

Now that I think about it, several guys have approached me since my makeover. I remember Liam from last night, his kindness and genuine smile. His charismatic personality certainly won me over. He even promised that he would help me with some workouts next week.

Then, another curious thing happened this morning. I was walking into the building, as normal, when a guy stopped to say hello to me. I vaguely recognized him to be one of the security guards, and made sure to peek at his nametag, which read Hank.

Hank went as far to follow me into the elevator and escort me to my office, and although he was nice enough, I thought he had some creepy vibes coming off him. The whole thing was slightly uncomfortable.

But now, as I sit in my desk, I can't help but think of the one person that hasn't noticed my changed appearance. Harry sits in his office, focused on his computer, and the scowl on his face is visible from here. He's probably still upset over last night's events and I can feel myself heating up with anger when I remember the way he yelled at me.

Today's going to be a rough day, that's for sure.

My laptop dings, signaling that I received a new email. I almost burst out in laughter when I see who it's from.

Harry Styles.

I look at him through the little window and he's still as immersed in his computer as ever. I can't help it; a small giggle bursts out between my lips. Could he really not walk five feet to my office to deliver my assignments for the day? Was he still so upset about last night that he couldn't bear to see my face?

Ridiculous.

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present you with the world's worst problem solver: Harry Styles.

I quickly print out the document he sent me and then head to his office. If he's too much of a coward to talk to me, I'll make him face his problems head on.

I walk in his office without knocking. "Hello Harry, good morning, how are you?" I chirp, pouring myself a cup of his coffee. If one of us is going to act like a mature adult, it is going to have to be me.

He glares at me just as I expected he would. "What is it, Leah?"

I turn around and wave the papers in my hand. "I have a question about the document you just....emailed me."

Harry coughs slightly before answering. I take that to mean he's embarrassed and grin encouragingly at him.

"Yes? What's your question?" he says, rubbing his temples.

"I...uh..." My eyes quickly scan the document, looking for something to make up. "Oh yes! What's Andrew Malone's phone number again?"

"Leah, I included all the phone numbers at the end of the document." He's annoyed. When I look at him, he's staring at me with an expression that closely resembles someone who is constipated. Ok, make that really annoyed.

"Look, Harry, I didn't really come in here because I had a question about Andrew Malone," I admit, sitting in the chair opposite his desk.

"I figured as much," Harry grumbles moodily. "What do you want?"

"I came in here because you're obviously still pissed about the stupid company model fiasco last night and I don't like being on bad terms with my co-workers, especially not my boss."

I can't tell if Harry's surprised about me outburst or not because he kind of just sits there and stares at me a bit. I'm pretty sure the only emotion he has is anger because I haven't witnessed anything else.

"Okay," he says finally.

"Okay?" I repeat incredulously.

"Yeah, okay, whatever," Harry waves a hand in the air. "Sorry about freaking out last night. I must have given you the wrong sheet."

I nod slowly. I'm actually really proud he decided to own up to his mistake, but for some reason he looks as depressed as he did five minutes ago.

"Um, is everything alright?" I ask after a few moments pass by.

Harry's eyes snap up to mine and he looks at me, really looks at me. My heart starts beating just a few paces faster and I frown. Must be the coffee.

"I have a headache," Harry's saying, rubbing at his temples again.

An idea immediately pops into my head. "Here, I know a way to get rid of the tension."

"What?" His head pops up so fast I can hear his neck crack. I mentally cringe as I realized how bad my words sounded. By the pink tinge in Harry's cheeks, I know he's probably embarrassed for me too.

"My...friend used to work at a spa, and she taught me how to give this amazing head message. It's supposed to alleviate tension headaches," I explain, thinking back to Kenna the hoe bag and her stupid massaging abilities. But hey, whatever I can do to kiss up to my boss, right?

Harry's face is still a little flushed but he nods nonetheless. I walk behind him and then, feeling a tad awkward, place my hands at the top of his head. As I knead my fingers deeper into his hair, tangling in his curls, I hear him inhale sharply.

"Oh, sorry, did I hurt you?" I ask.

"Um...no," he says. I frown a little in confusion but continue the massage.

"So, how's the planning for the meeting going?" I question him, desperate to rid the awkward silence.

Styles Enterprises has their semi-annual board meeting the following week and I can tell Harry's really stressed out about it. Apparently there's some huge offer about the company to discuss.

"Oh, it's fine. I actually gave you a couple things to work on for that. I hope you don't mind."

I laugh slightly. "Of course not. That's my job, remember?"

"Right," he says, and I laugh again.

I've just about finished the massage, but I really don't want to pull my fingers out of Harry's messy curls just yet. They're surprisingly soft and fluffy and honestly just amazing. Ryan's short blonde cut could never compare to this.

My stomach is being all weird. Maybe the eggs I ate for breakfast were past their expiration date. But the motions in my belly doesn't feel like food poisening. I actually feel nervous as I comb my fingers through Harry's curls again.

My face is burning. I imagine it's a bright tomato red by now. Why on earth is a little head massage making me feel like this?

Actually, I know why, deep inside, but the very idea of me having feelings for Harry makes me want to projectile vomit everywhere.

This was such a bad idea.

I take a deep breath and pull my fingers out of his hair slowly, and cringe when I realize my hands are trembling.

It's the coffee, I try to desperately convince myself. Even in my head it's obvious I'm lying.

"All done." I walk around to Harry's desk again and smile. "Did it help?"

He's staring at me with this look, this look that makes my smile drop off my face and my heart pound wildly. Because right now...Harry looks like he wants me.

And lord help me, I think I want him too.

"H-Harry?" I try again.

"Yeah, yeah I'm relaxed. Thanks."

If my heart beats any faster I'm going to have a heart attack. His voice is raspy and I know I have to leave right now or else something really bad is going to happen.

"You're welcome," is all I manage to get out before I quickly retreat back to my office.

As I collapse into my chair and attempt to calm my pounding heart, I try to figure out what exactly just happened.

I know Harry and I are pretty good friends (besides our occasional arguments) but now it feels different.

It feels like there's something more.

+++++++++++++++

A/N: not really sure what to say here so yeah, hope you liked the chapter!

so....do you think Leah is falling for Harry?

Do you think Harry is falling for Leah?

well...you'll find out soon enough!

dedication: Zellmer1DLuver...thank you for commenting!

VOTE & COMMENT PLEASE! NEXT DEDICATION TO A RANDOM COMMENTER!

Continua llegint

You'll Also Like

41.7K 1.4K 23
In which, Harry Styles is the CEO of a fashion company and needs his assistant, Emery Rivera to be his fake girlfriend on a family vacation.
1.3M 38.4K 60
***completed*** NOW PUBLISHED ON AMAZON Harry Styles. The strange one. The freak. The one who was too kind for his own good, trapped in a world where...
28.1K 925 47
Life isn't easy, especially when you manage two seperate lives at the same time. Harry Styles is young, successful, beautiful and equally as dangerou...
1.8K 74 22
Harry Styles is the CEO of Royal field airways.He falls in love with Olivia and when they enjoying life together Olivia gets kidnapped by Harry's ene...