Happier || M.H & G.D

By multifandomwritingss

Lillian and Matty were the best couple, or so everyone thought. However, in reality they stopped making each... More

"We were happy... were."
"It's only been a month."
"Killing your liver isn't going to fix this."
"Look towards the future, not to Lillian."
"My happiness will never be any of your concern."
Subconscious thoughts
"You haven't lost that grin off your face since you said he was here."
"I just want the best for you, I guess."
"Sometimes home isn't a house or a place, but it's a human"
"There's no rule book for love."
"I guess we saw each other a little too soon."
"I had a talk with Ross, Adam, and Matty the other day."
"Poor Matty, he'll never make it out of this."
"I don't like him anymore, I have no reason to."
"My friends told one day I'd feel it too."
"Bitterness is such a hard pill to swallow."
"You're so adorable."
"Lillian, baby, I'm so sorry"
"It's not you, it's the ideal of love."
NOT AN UPDATE BUT PLEASE READ
"I can't"
"I love you."
"Either way, I need you."
"You never have to lose yourself for a guy."
"The feeling in my chest hurts worse than I could imagine."
"No one said I could, so don't get your hopes up."
"Do you have to leave me?"

"Thanks George, I appreciate you."

190 6 5
By multifandomwritingss

Lillian pov-

I woke up with a minor headache, and a heavy heart. I sit up in the empty bed, I look around the room absentmindedly.

I creep out of the bed, I quietly made my way towards the kitchen. I paused in my tracks when I see Ross, Adam, George, and Matty staring at me as I was trying to walk quietly as possible in case George was asleep; well George wasn't asleep at all.

"Hi Lillian!" Ross yells excitedly, George gives me a look. I look down at myself, I was only wearing an oversized tshirt. Without a word, I bolt back to my room.

I couldn't help but laugh, their faces resembling deer in headlights. I went ahead and changed into actual clothes, brushed my teeth, put on a little makeup,  then headed back towards the living room.

I stop in the middle of the hall when I hear my name mentioned. "So, are you guys like hooking up? Is she just staying here?" Ross asks, I stiffen. "No, we aren't hooking up. If you're saying that because she's wearing my shirt; I have an explanation for it. Last night she was kinda drunk and emotional so I helped her change and put her to bed. She was all over the place, so I wanted to help her." He explains to them, I smile at his kindness.

"Awe how kind of you George." Adam tells him. "Well we've been best friends for years, so I mean it's my obligation." He tells them, I couldn't even fight the second smile appearing.

Hearing George's words made me remember last night, and the events that followed.

I stared at his face for a few minutes, I was actually indulging the moment. He's always been there for me, always made me feel welcome, always picked me back up.

He was the one I'd go to after Matty hurt my feelings or said something stupid. He always cared, he always made me feel happier about myself or just happy in general.

"Can I kiss you?" The words roll off my tongue before I could even process what I was asking my best friend... Matty's best friend.

George nodded, but he was the one essentially initiated the kiss. I put his hand on top of his, they were both placed on my jaw; I then move my arms to wrap around the back of his neck, bringing him closer.

Once we were both out of breath, we pull apart panting. "We'll talk in the morning." He says, he caresses my cheek softly. "Okay." I say and kiss his lips once more. George runs to his room quickly, and grabs one of his tshirts.

"Here you go, let me help you." He says and I kinda shy away. "I'm not going to make a move on you, we're both drunk or tipsy and I'm not going to take advantage of that. I'll just help, I've seen you in a bikini so it's almost the same." He says, I finally step a little closer. He helps me change quickly, then he fluffs my pillows for me; pulling the covers over my emotional figure.

"Thanks George, I appreciate you." I say, he kisses my forehead. "You're welcome, same for you. Goodnight." He says, turning off my light, then walking out of my room."

"You okay?" Matty asks, he snaps his fingers in front of my eyes. "What? Oh, yeah I'm fine." I say shortly. "You've just been standing here. Excuse me, I'm going to the bathroom." He says, I nod and move a little. "Wait, can we talk quickly." He says right before he moves past me. I nod, then wrap arms around myself.

"I'm sorry about what you thought you saw last night. I'm guessing you took it the wrong way. Anyways, I was just wondering if you plan on getting with George?" He asks, I gawk at him.

"I accept your apology, but I don't think George and I are your business. I mean we broke up Matty, I'm my own person. Sorry." I say, he frowns slightly. "It would just hurt knowing you moved on to be with my best friend, but I guess I'll smile through the pain to spare you my feelings." He tells me bitterly, I drop my head. "Maybe you should move on." I say and walk in to the kitchen.

"I'm back and wearing more clothes, sorry for that." I say, they laugh. Matty comes sulking in, I mentally roll my eyes. "George I'm going out shopping, I'll see you later. I put rent money on the counter." I call out, I place the envelope on the granite.

"It better be just the electric, or we're gonna fight." He says, he starts walking towards me. He grabs the envelope, opening it quickly. "This is way too much money, the bill wasn't that high." He says, he looked disappointed at me paying too much. "Well, get whatever is extra and put it towards groceries or something." I tell him, he moves closer to me in the kitchen.

"Take it with you, treat your self." He says, I laugh slightly. "I have enough on me, just take the money George." I say, he rolls his eyes and puts the money back in the envelope; he knows not to argue with me.

He steps a little bit closer to me, he looked at the boys to make sure they're preoccupied with their own thing. "We'll definitely talk when you come back." He says, he gives my forehead a quick kiss. "Sounds good, bye." I say, then head towards the door.

--

"I'm back George!" I call out, I had a few bags in my hand. "Need any help?" He yells back. "Nope, I can manage. I did get you a present." I say, I hear him bolt towards the kitchen. "Like?" He asks, he sounds too excited for a 27 year old. I dangle the bag of food in front of him. "I stopped by my work to grab you some cheese sticks, and there's a hamburger!" I say, he snatches the bag quickly. "You're the best." He says, he digs out mozzarella stick.

I put my bags in my room, then head back to find George sprawled out on the couch. I stood over him, he smiled up at me. He pushes himself against the couch as far as he could, then opens his arms up. "Wanna lay with me? We can watch a movie?" He suggests, I stare at him blankly.

"You think I can fit on the couch with you, have you seen me?" I ask, he looked offended. He grabs my arm, tugging me down harshly. I mostly fall on top of him, I try to get up quickly, he wouldn't budge. "I am going to break you, please let me go." I plead, I feel him shake his head.

"You're not even hurting me, stop talking about yourself like that. Now, let's watch a movie." He says, turning me on my side, his arm still wrapped around my waist.

He starts playing Monsters, Inc. and the sound of his laughter filling the room when Sully says they should keep Boo and Mike said he loved to have a pet who could kill him. This was one of my favorites, but Monsters University was amazing.

"I think we should talk now." George suggests, I freeze. "Sure." I mumble, I flip towards him, he smiles softly at me.

"Where do we start?" He asks, I shrug. "Okay we'll start with the kiss." He says, I sigh, and look around absentmindedly.

"Well, I'm sorry for doing that. I took advantage of us being buzzed, so sorry. I know that it's wrong because we've been best friends ever since we met at Christina's Coffee Shop, and you're Matty's bandmate and best mate. I don't want it to be weird between us because we're now roommates." I finish in one breath, he smiles. "I understand, you still need time. I get that." He says reassuringly; I give him a hug, he plays with the ends of my hair.

"Do you remember how we met?" He asks, I nod in his chest. "I had just moved here from my small town in America; I was coming for a studying abroad program, you happened to be there. You were in line in front of me, I think you ordered some caramel drink." I start off the story.

"It was a dark roasted caramel coffee, with one shot of vanilla creamer." He says specifically. "But you told them your name was Tree Man G, and I overheard and started laughing so hard. When you turned around and flashed a smile to me, I felt welcomed here in England. Before the coffee shop, I was so nervous about the people. Then, you asked if you wanted to share a table, you bought my drink too. I was so happy to have met at least one friend." I tell him, he smiles against my neck.

"Then I introduced you to the band, you clicked with Matty instantly. You started dating, then your study abroad program ended; you decided to stay. I'm so glad you did, you're one of the best people I've met." He tells me, I smile widely.

"I know I've said this plenty of times, but thank you for allowing me to stay here. I wasn't ready to go back to the states, I'd have to hear my mom complain about how she was right about Matty." I tell him, he starts chuckling. "It's no problem, I like you being here. It's been nice having a roommate." He tells me, I snuggle face further into his neck.

"Were missing the movie." He tells me, I sigh. "But I'm enjoying this." I whine, he pulls me tighter. "Okay good, because I was hoping you'd say you didn't want to move." He tells me. "Let's just stay like this, at least for now." I tell him contently.

I didn't proofread oops.

Also I'm on vaca rn so if I have slow updates I'm sorry.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 19.3K 132
requests (open) walker scobell imagines AND preferences :) -- #1 - riordan (04.30.24) #1 - leenascobell (05.29.24) #2 - adamreed (04.30.24) #2 - momo...
191K 4K 46
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...
740K 27.3K 102
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ’œ my first fanfic...
71.8K 2.9K 24
Noah always believed her and Lando were forever, but when he ended things with her to further his racing career it left her heartbroken and alone. I...