𝑩𝒐𝒖𝒏𝒅 𝑩𝒚 𝑩𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅 |...

By SierraDuckland

❝𝘓𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘪𝘴 𝘵𝘰𝘶𝘨𝘩, 𝘮𝘺 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘳, 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘴𝘰 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶.❞ ... More

ᏢᎡᎾᎬᎷ
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29 - Part 1
Chapter 29 - Part 2
Chapter 30 - Part 1
Chapter 30 - Part 2
Chapter 30 - Part 3
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33 - Part 1
Chapter 33 - Part 2
Chapter 33 - Part 3
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45 - Part 1
Chapter 45 - Part 2
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Author's Note #1
Author's Note #2

Chapter 26

704 23 4
By SierraDuckland

(Background Music ~ Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles OST - Wesker's Theme)

| 11:12 pm |

Laura's POV
-(Start Song Here)-
"Alright, enough with the mystery. Who are you?! And what the hell is going on down here?!?"  Tyler questioned the A.I.

"Yeah, we've waited long enough, and we want answers." I demanded. "Now."

"I suppose I do owe all of you a decent explanation," She stated. "I'm known as the White Queen. As an advanced artificial intelligence, I was created by the Umbrella Corporation to help manage and protect all Umbrella assets. From many classified research projects—to all kinds of genetically engineered B.O.W.s created by the corporation within the last forty years. Mainly, to help preserve what's left of the once thriving pharmaceutical company."

Piers scoffed at the last part the White Queen said.

"What happened to the corporation? What exactly caused Umbrella's downfall and ruin?" I questioned the A.I.

"It all started seventeen years ago. In the Spencer Mansion—built back in 1967 in the middle of the Arklay Mountains. Located just northwest of Raccoon City. Within the mansion, was the Arklay Laboratory, a secret Umbrella Research facility that had been used for a long period of time to conduct secret illegal and inhumane experimentation. All under the command of Umbrella's very own founder, Oswell E. Spencer. Most of their activities included research on the T-Virus, Progenitor Virus, and numerous bioweapons projects. Until in middle of May 1998. There was an 'accident' in one of the labs. A potent strain of the T-Virus was leaked—contaminating the entire laboratory building and infecting all the staff and researchers within the complex. Rendering most of them into mindless zombies. That's not even the worst of it. Certain Umbrella experiments, such as the Cerberus, escaped from the laboratory. Disappearing into the forest surrounding the mansion. Killing and infecting multiple hikers and other individuals throughout the mountains. This in turn, causing the R.P.D. to deploy S.T.A.R.S."

"S.T.A.R.S.? Isn't that the special tactics branch that was formed in the late 1990s to combat the increasing rate of terrorism and other violent crimes within Raccoon City?" I asked.

"Correct. Because of the series of brutal cannibalistic homicides being reported within the outskirts of the city at that time, the police allowed S.T.A.R.S. to intervene and to help investigate the case. On July 23, 1998, Bravo team was sent in to investigate these incidents situating in the Arklay Mountains. On the following day, they lost contact with Bravo team. So right away, Alpha team was dispatched to search for their missing compatriots while following up on their mission too. Eventually, their investigation leads to the Spencer Mansion. Where they find the remains of most of Bravo team, and encounter multiple of the living dead and some of other the B.O.W.s that have been let loose within the mansion. Along with discovering the Arklay laboratory, they find out about the various experiments conducted by Umbrella. They also discovered that Alpha team's very own leader, Albert Wesker, was actually a scientist and double agent who used to work for Umbrella. Wesker staged the whole mission as an opportunity to collect combat data for Umbrella's B.O.W. research. By setting up his own team and fellow subordinates against the bioweapons that were rampaging throughout the mansion. His teammates thought that he was simply following Umbrella's orders—like an obedient servant. But in fact, Wesker actually had his own personal agenda. He faked his death in front of his former teammates—Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine—making them think he died when he was impaled by the T-002 tyrant. Before hand, Wesker had infected himself with unknown strain of a virus. Developed by his former colleague, William Birkin. Which brought him back to life and endowed him superhuman strength, agility, and even regeneration. Although Wesker came back to life stronger than ever before, his plans were foiled by surviving S.T.A.R.S. members Chris Redfield, Jill Valentine, Rebecca Chambers, and Barry Burton when they managed to kill the T-002 tyrant before escaping with their very lives. And then my sister computer, the Red Queen, prohibited him from accessing the mainframe system to steal the combat data he acquired that night. Thanks to Sergei Vladimir, one of our former higher ranking executives within the corporation, he downloaded all of the data to the U.M.F-013, and used my sister computer to lock Wesker out of the mainframe system. Therefore, there was nothing else he do, so Wesker escaped the mansion before it was blown to smithereens."
-
'Wow, that's a lot to take in. I've never thought that my uncle would be involved in all of this! Especially Wesker! He's more of a cruel sick selfish bastard than I thought he was.'

"So that's what started it all?" I inquired. "There has to be more to the story."

"Indeed, there is Laura. But, there isn't enough time for me to explain all of it to you. So, I'm downloading everything I know about it into this," The White Queen said, as the computer screen showed her downloading data from the mainframe system onto a single hard drive.

Once the process was complete, a small grey hard drive ejects halfway out of the slot on the corner of the computer. I take the hard drive out—examining it in my hand.

"Why are you giving this to me?" I asked her, as I stored the hard drive away in my pocket.

"Because, you're the only one that can be entrusted with that hard drive. Laura, if that data gets into the wrong hands, the results would be very catastrophic–" The computer screen unexpectedly turned off.

"What the– What the hell just happened?!" Piers exclaimed.

Just as I thought things couldn't get any worse, they did. I started hearing the sounds of glass cracking—coming from the other side of the lab. 'Please don't be what I think it is...' Slowly, I begin turning around—glancing over at the cryogenic chambers behind us. I see that one of the Hunters had woken up, and was trying to break out of its reinforced prison.

"Uh guys..." I said, as I got out my AK-12 223 assault rifle. Making sure it was fully locked and loaded.

Piers and Tyler instantly turned around—noticing the B.O.W. as well. As it was very close to breaking the glass and freeing itself. Tyler took out his Silver Ghost handgun, while Piers got out his MP-AF rifle. Immediately, all of us begin backing away—in order to create more distance between us and the monstrosity.

Eventually, the B.O.W. manages to completely shatter the glass with its bare hands, finally breaking free from its reinforced prison. As it was walking out of the cryogenic chamber, it screeched inhumanly loud throughout the room. Its painful piercing cries causing us to cover our ears.

Once it the B.O.W had caught us off guard, it instantly started charging at us. At the last minute, we quickly jumped out of the way before the B.O.W. could swipe any of us, with its long, sharp claws. All of us rolled and landed in opposite directions of one another. 'I'm starting to see why they named it Hunter.'

We got up off the ground with our guns in hand, and aimed at the Hunter. The creature eyed all of us, choosing which one of us to go after. Slowly but cautiously, I started to back away, until I backed into something, something solid but cold. As its eyes landed on me, the B.O.W. began briskly charging at me.

"No!" I heard both Piers and Tyler yell in sync as they started firing at back of the Hunter—the bullets not seeming to have an effect on it thanks to its thick-scaled armor.

I duck and roll to the side just in time, as the B.O.W. tried to take another swipe at me with its talon-like claws. Only to fail, and get its hand stuck in the wall.

"Laura, are you okay?!" Tyler asked me, as he kept his gun aimed at the Hunter.

"Yes for now!" I reply, as I quickly get back up off the ground. While the Hunter continued to struggle—trying to free its hand from being stuck inside the wall.

Right away, I spot a couple extensive liquid nitrogen tanks—standing right underneath the Hunter and up against the wall. 'Perfect.' The guys glanced at the tanks, catching on to my idea right away. So, they hastily take cover behind a of couple desks. I raise my rifle—aiming it at the tanks below the B.O.W. as it peered up and screeched at me.

"Bye bye lizard face," I say, as I shoot the tanks, then quickly duck behind a nearby desk straightaway to take cover.

I hear the nitrogen tanks explode, as Hunter's screeching falls quietly over time. Engulfing the room into dead silence. A wave of coldness passes across the entire room, dissolving steadily as time went by. After a minute or so, I slowly begin standing up, carefully glancing over the desk at where the monstrosity is.

'Yes! My plan worked!' I thought happily, as I saw the B.O.W. completely frozen in place, and its hand still stuck in the wall.

"You alright Laura?!" Piers asked me as he and his brother rushed up to me.

"I'm fine Piers."

"Nice thinking with the tanks Laura. I would've never thought of that," Tyler complimented me.

"Thanks," I say, as I smile at them.

Unfortunately, the moment was short-lived. Without realizing it right away, the other three Hunters in their cryogenic chambers had woken up too. Due to the commotion we've caused, and now they're very close to breaking out as well.

"Shit," I cursed quietly under my breath. "Guys, get back!"

All at once, the Hunters come crashing out of their chambers—breaking the reinforced glass in the process. Tyler swiftly switches out his pistol for his shotgun, before we all get separated again.

While the first and second Hunters went after both Piers and Tyler, the third and final one chose me as its next prey. With my assault rifle in hand, I began firing at the incoming B.O.W. I rapidly duck and roll to the side, as it tried to take a swipe at me. Only to miss hitting me barely by a few inches. I hurry to get back up off the ground, right as the Hunter leaped into the air—landing right in front of me.

I raise my rifle to aim at it, only to get it smacked out of hands by the Hunter. It lands onto the floor, skidding far away me so it isn't in reach. Next thing I know, the Hunter backhands me—cutting me in the process, and sending me flying rapidly across the room. My back collided into the side of one of the cryogenic chambers. Resulting in my left shoulder coming into contact with a large sharp chunk of glass—getting embedded deep into it, and my head getting whacked hard against the metal device. I yelp very loudly in pain, as my vision started to become blurry. Afterwards I land harshly onto the ground, the floor around me being covered in countless tiny shattered pieces of glass. I hear shouting coming from the other side of the room, but I couldn't make out most of what they were saying.

"Hold on Laura! We're coming!" I barely hear Piers shout, as I slowly started losing consciousness.

Using one of my gloved hands, I lightly touch my left cheek. Whimpering in pain as my hand came into contact with it. Pulling away, I see small amounts of blood stained on my glove. Gazing back up, I see the Hunter slowly closing in on me. Making some sort of animal-like clicking noise, as it was approaching me. I try to move and get away from the B.O.W., but my head, cheek, and back were throbbing in immense pain. And with that, I lose my last bit of consciousness, and black out on the floor.

Tyler's POV

As I finished off the reptilian-like B.O.W. with one last shot to its forehead with my shotgun, I see Laura get flung over twenty feet across the room by the B.O.W. she was fighting. Laura crashed relentlessly into one of the cryogenic chambers—crying out in a great deal of pain as she fell onto the glass covered floor beneath her.

"Laura!!!" I try to call out to her, seeing her struggle to get back up.

"Hold on Laura! We're coming!" Piers yelled, as he killed the B.O.W. in front of him.

Piers and I began running as fast we can across the room, to get to the other side where Laura and the last B.O.W. were. It doesn't look like we're gonna make it in time. As we were sprinting, the monstrosity walked up to Laura. Stepping on her back with one of its large frog-like feet. To keep her unconscious form down, even if it was unnecessary. I pick up my pace—seeing Laura wince and moan in pain, as the B.O.W. put more weight and pressure on her back.

Right when it was gonna dig its claws into Laura and kill her, out of nowhere it gets shot and forced off her just in time. Gazing over by the door, I see Ada standing by the doorway, holding a Remington 870 shotgun. Smoke can barely seen coming from the muzzle of it.

When my brother saw Ada, he immediately raised his rifle—aiming it at her. I react by putting my hand on muzzle of Piers's weapon, lowering it while nodding 'no' at him. He grunted quietly before lowering his weapon, then we gaze back at the scene.

The B.O.W. got back up off the ground—peering over at Ada as she pumped the fore end of the shotgun. Causing an empty shell to leave through the ejection port of the gun. The B.O.W. forgets about Laura laying unconscious on the floor, and began  charging straight at Ada. It leaped into the air, ready to slash her to pieces with its claws. Only to end up getting shot again—sending it crashing back onto the ground. Stunning the reptilian-like creature for a moment.

Taking the opportunity while it still stands, Ada walked up to the B.O.W.—striking it with a deadly roundhouse kick. Sending it flying back a couple feet and killing it instantly on impact. It screeched one last time before falling silent. Once the B.O.W. was dead, Piers and I immediately rushed over to Laura's side. Dropping my gun, we kneel down as I gently pick her up off the ground. Holding her in my arms. I sigh with relief, as I feel a pulse in her neck.

"Thank god... She's still alive," I say reassuringly.

Piers sighed with relief, knowing that my best friend isn't dead.

Glancing back at Laura, I gaze down at her chest. Seeing it slowly rise and expend, then sedately descend back down. A sign that she's still breathing. I peer up back at her slightly abnormal pale face—noticing the large deep cut she had on her right cheek. It was bleeding immensely. Blood flowing down her pale cheek like a velvet river dripping down her neck. Not only is her cheek bleeding badly, there's a large shard of glass embedded in her shoulder. Before I begin tending to her wounds, I unbuckle the utility belt Laura has strapped over her shoulder, and set it aside on the ground. To help her relax better, and alleviate some of her pain.

Quickly and carefully, I pull the piece of glass out of her shoulder. Causing more blood to flow out from her larger cut. She winced and moaned in pain, as I removed the shard of glass that was lodged into her shoulder. I set the bloody shard of glass aside, before putting my hand over her wound. Applying continuous pressure to it, to help stop the bleeding.

"Shit," I mutter under my breath. "She's bleeding pretty badly."

"I know bro," Piers stated. "Let's treat her wounds and get her all cleaned up."

Piers set his rifle aside on the ground, and took out his water canteen from his utility belt, along with a small piece of cloth. He opened it up, and poured some of it over the small piece of cloth. Drenching it with water, so he could use it to clean Laura's cut. When he was done, he twisted the cap back onto the canteen, and stored it away in his utility belt. As he was about to start cleaning her cut, Ada stopped him when she placed her hand on his shoulder.

"What do you think you're–"

"Here," She cut him off—holding out a can of first aid spray to him. "If you two are gonna treat her wounds, I suggest you use this."

My brother eyed Ada suspiciously, as he glanced up at the medical spray she was holding in her hand. Emitting a very low audible growl at her, as he was taking a while to decide what to do.

"Piers, now is not the time," I reminded him, as we looked down at Laura in my arms. Who was slowly bleeding to death.

"My offer has an expiration date you know," Ada said, as her patience was slightly growing thin.

He reluctantly took the spray can from Ada, muttering "thank you" in a low quiet tone to her.

"No problem," She replied to him.

Right away, Piers twisted and took off the cap on the spray can—shaking it a few times before applying it to Laura's wounds. Once he was done, he heedfully pointed the nozzle at Laura's cut, and began carefully spraying all over it.

Once he was done, Piers moved over behind Laura, I moved my hand away from her large cut as Piers started spraying the wound on her back as well. When he was done, we began waiting for a minute or so to see what would happen. While we were waiting silently, Ada spoke up,

"Guys, look."

Peering over, Piers and I glance back at Laura. Seeing something astonishing yet very shocking that was happening. Something that a few people might even call a miracle. Both the skin and the flesh around the deep cut on her cheek were retracting—making the pieces of tissue come back together and closing the wound. Her skin slowly changing back to its normal healthy pale color.

Not leaving no scar behind at all, and making her cheek look fully healed. As if her cheek was never even cut at all. But, that's not all. I could feel the wound on her back close up too, as my hand was pressed against it. All that was left from her wounds was the blood stained on her cheek and on her jacket and shirt where the wound previously was.

"Amazing..." I muttered in a inaudible tone, taken aback by how quickly Laura's wound had healed. 'What kind of first aid spray does that?!?'

"At least her wounds are now fully healed," Ada spoke up to break the silence.

After her wounds were fully healed, Piers started cleaning her up. Using the wet washcloth he had in his hand to gently wipe off the remaining blood she had on her cheek and back.

Right when he finished cleaning her up, an alarm started going off on the other side of the room, where the control room was. Ada began rushing over to the opposite side of the room, to see what's going on. While I was leisurely picking up Laura off the ground bridal style.

"Need help with her Tyler?" Piers asked as he picked up the utility belt, and all of our guns too. He stood back up with everything in hand.

"No bro, I got her," I say as I pick her up off the ground and stand up.

As we were rapidly reach the control room, Ada had finished clearing off a nearby desktop.

"Here Tyler, set her down here," Ada suggested, as I looked over at the long rectangular piece of furniture.

Deciding it was a good place for Laura to rest for the time being, I head over and carefully set her down onto the solid desktop. Making sure she's comfortable, I plant a gentle kiss on her forehead, before Piers handed me my shotgun back. Then, we rushed over to where Ada was. At one of the desks close to the large window.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.5K 627 52
Book 3 (Book 2 Toxins of Yesterday) "How did you get in and why are you here?" I asked as I stared up at him. He looked down at me, his face resembli...
1.3K 25 35
Sequel to Thicker Than Blood! DISCLAIMER: This story doesn't fully follow the Resident Evil timeline and isn't meant to! Leon is assigned a mission t...
204K 7.6K 30
What happens when pureness meets sinfulness? || Once Le...
5.6K 161 5
TW • Contains of Abuse, Torture, Abduction, Trauma, Blood, Bruising, Gaslighting, Manipulation, Possessive, Sadism, Bondage, Unethical human experime...