Damsel- [MARK SLOAN 1]

By jamiewrites3

she was the damsel in distress while he was her knight in a white lab coat. *** STARTED: [6.29.17] ENDED: [7... More

prologue
meeting mia
one
two
three
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sequel-DISTRESS
NEW BOOK

four

21.3K 372 60
By jamiewrites3

FOUR:

Mark watched as Mia was dragged out of the Trauma room, the room falling into complete silence amongst the doctors. The patient grew teary eyed, grabbing Dr. Sloan's arm.

"What was s-she talking about, Dr.?" The woman whispered towards Mark, who blinked out of the daze he was put in. He glanced over at Derek who looked back at him, concern written across his face.

The plastic surgeon turned his attention back to his patient, smiling lightly. "I'm going to have my resident stitch you up while Dr. Shepherd takes you for a head CT," Mark glances at Meredith, "I-I'm going to go talk to Callie. Page me if you need anything."

Standing up, the grey haired man rushes out of the room avoiding any questions. He knew there was something different with the brunette, but he didn't think it could get this bad. What did she mean he will kill her? Who would want to kill somebody like Mia?

Running down the hallways, Mark was determined to find Callie and get answers out of her.

He felt a pain in his stomach thinking about what Mia may be talking about. Mark wanted to be there for the girl, but he barely even knows her. Why is he so determined to help a girl that he knows almost nothing about?

"Torres!" Sloan finally called out, running down the hallway to approach the dark haired surgeon. Stuffing her hands in her white lab coat, she looks at her friend with a frown.

Out of breath, Mark stares at his friend. "Callie, what the hell is going on?"

"Why do you care, Mark? This isn't something that I can just gossip to you about! This is my best friend..my freaking cousin, Sloan!" Callie snaps causing Mark to stumble back at her sudden outburst.

"I care because she's my friend, Callie! She's my friend and I deserve some damn answers!" Mark shouts, Callie's facial expression softening.

"Then why are you getting so worked up? Mark, please tell me-"

"I think there could be something with her, Callie. An actual chance at happiness is right in front of me, Torres, and all I want to know is what I can do to help her. That's all I want to do." Mark interupts as Callie watches her friends face fall in a serious expression.

Mark actually has feelings towards someone.

"I can't be the one to tell you that, Mark. It's not my place." The orthopedic surgeon whispers, turning around slowly. Grabbing her arm quickly, Torres is faced with plead written over her friends face.

"She's in the on-call room on the left," Callie whispers turning around slowly. Mark quickly rushes to the door, opening it slowly. "Mark, please don't break my best friend's heart."

Mark smiles lightly before walking into the room, closing the door softly.

***

Mia's dreams were haunted by haunting images of everybody she loves laying before her limp. All she wanted to do was scream out the pain she was feeling inside, but she couldn't. She couldn't move, even though she desperately wanted to.

She jolts awake suddenly, unable to handle her nightmares any longer. Rubbing her forehead, she notices a figure sitting on a chair in the corner, half asleep.

"Mark?" Mia whispers, the moonlight glaring across half of the man's face. Mark looks up, a smile spreading across his face.

The surgeon walks over to Mia, sitting down at the end of the bed. "Hey."

"Hi." Mia says breathlessly, admiring Mark's appearance. The moonlight's gaze did Mark justice in the nurses' eyes, wanting nothing more to run her hands through his grey hair, kissing him passionately.

However, Mia knew her outburst from earlier ruined all possibility of living the new life she wanted, including having someone look at her without fear in their eyes.

Mark runs a hand through his hair, sighing lightly. He stands up, turning around quickly towards Mia. "Come on, I'm taking you somewhere."

The girl laughs shaking her head, "Should I trust you?"

"I hope you do, Mia." Mark mumbles, causing Mia to sigh before nodding her head, giving in.

***

"I would've moved to Seattle a lot sooner if I knew they had this kind of ice cream." Mia mumbled, taking a huge bite of her chocolate brownie heaven. Mark laughs, licking his strawberry ice cream.

The two adults walked down the dark Seattle street, enjoying the time they were able to spend together. They both felt something between the two, but both being to nervous to admit anything.

For the first time in forever, Mia actually felt safe.

Mark smirked when he noticed the bright amusement ride before the two, looking over at Mia who shook her head. "Please tell me you aren't making me ride that."

"Okay. I'm definitely not making you ride that." Mark said, quickly grabbing Mia's hand and dragging her in line. She laughed, a crimson shade of red forming on her cheeks as she looked down at Mark's and her intertwined hands.

Mark paid for the tickets, much to Mia's cries to let her pay. He pulled her in line, smiling down. "I told you that you should trust me."

"You aren't doing a good job of proving your case, Dr. Sloan. For all I know you are going to run off right when we enter the gondola." Mia replies, smirking up at the surgeon. He rolls his eyes, guiding her up the stares.

They walk inside the Ferris Wheel Gondola, sitting across from one another. Mia shuts her eyes, telling herself everything will be okay, her fear of heights getting to her.

"Hey, don't worry. Nothing is going to happen to you up here. I'll protect you." Mark whispers, grabbing her hand while he pulls her over to his bench, sitting her down close to him.

She nods her head, smiling weakly at Mark. "I wanted to tell you this earlier, but thank you."

Mark raises his eyebrows, "For what, Mia?"

"Not looking at me like I was crazy. What I said in the Trauma room-"

Mark interrupts Mia, laughing softly. "Hey, you don't have to tell me yet, Mia. I swear to you, what ever you tell me won't change my opinion about you. I think you are special and one of a kind. I don't want you to think I'll push you away over anything. It's my choice to have you in my life."

"You are something, Mark Sloan. Thank you." Mia says quietly, looking out the window as the two travel high into the sky, their hands still interlocked.

"It's so beautiful up here, I could stay here forever." Mia mumbled, looking between Mark and the night sky. He smiles at her, nodding his head in agreement.

"I'd like that." Mark mumbled, looking at the girl. Mia looks towards him, her eyes twinkling the lights that shined outside.

"I know we should go slow, but I can't help myself with you sitting their looking like that." Mark whispers to himself, pulling Mia close as he cupped her cheeks, kissing her passionately. Mia is taken back by the sudden action, but falls into the kiss. She climbs on to his lap, deepening the kiss as Mark's hand's tangle into the brunette's wild hair.

Both adults never shared a kiss like this, full of such passion and hunger, wanting more but knew it was way to soon. Mia forgot about all her pain, while Mark forgot all his worries.

It was just the two of them, slowly but surely falling in love with the person they need in their life.

In that moment, they were happy, but if only it could stay that way.

***

SLKNDKLCAJJA HEHEHEHEH I'M ACTUALLY FANGIRLING LMAOOOO.

I'm debating if this will be a short book or long. Thoughts?

Happy 4th everyone! Hope you have a good holiday!

With love,

jamiewrites3

comment and vote on what you think will happen next!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4M 36.3K 98
❝I'm not going anywhere, because you're the one.❞ She was the fall he had always desired. He was the warmth she never knew she needed. They were love...
259K 8K 43
-currently on hold- Daphne Torres, younger sister of Calliope Torres and young genius. When the famous playboy plastic surgeon comes to town, everyth...
1.7K 61 7
γ…€γ…€βœ§ ⋆ ΰ£ͺ. οΎŸβ‚Š π’Žπ’†π’†π’• π’Žπ’† π’Šπ’ 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’‘π’π’–π’“π’Šπ’π’ˆ π’“π’‚π’Šπ’, π’Œπ’Šπ’”π’” π’Žπ’† 𝒐𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’”π’Šπ’…π’†π’˜π’‚π’π’Œ, π’•π’‚π’Œπ’† π’‚π’˜π’‚π’š 𝒕𝒉𝒆 π’‘π’‚π’Šπ’ when...
80.6K 3.9K 58
Nothing good comes without a cost. I spent all my life fighting against what my family expected me to be until I proved them wrong. I fought to hold...