What's Really Hood

By jayhunnnna

|| Chris Brown || Trinity has never been to the hood or even imagined what the hood would be like. That's un... More

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY-ONE
TWENTY-TWO
TWENTY-THREE
TWENTY-FOUR pt1
TWENTY-FOUR pt2
TWENTY-FOUR pt3
TWENTY-FIVE
TWENTY-SIX
TWENTY-SEVEN
TWENTY-EIGHT
TWENTY-NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY-ONE
THIRTY-TWO
THIRTY-THREE pt1
THIRTY-THREE pt2
THIRTY-FOUR
THIRTY-FIVE
THIRTY-SIX
THIRTY-SEVEN
THIRTY-EIGHT
THIRTY-NINE
FORTY-ONE
FORTY-TWO
FORTY-THREE
FOURTY-FOUR
FORTY-FIVE
FOURTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
ITS TIME

FORTY

16K 677 228
By jayhunnnna

Omniscient

Sunday, January 24, 2016, 1:08am
Two hours after the mixtape listening party ended

Everyone sat quietly in the sitting room, waiting with anticipation. So many things were running through Trinity's mind. How could she have let this happen? She knew something just wasn't right, yet she chose to ignore her gut feeling. She sat there blaming herself as tears started cascading down her cheeks, ruining her makeup even more.

She sat in the uncomfortable hospital chair hunched over, with her head in her hands. The sleeves of her lilac crewneck stained with blood. She ran her hands through her hair sitting up as she felt a hand rubbing her back. It was her father. She started bawling, resting her head on her father's shoulder.

She then began to hyperventilate, her heartbeat is increasing every second, her vision began to get blurry. It was happening all over again.

China sat back watching Trinity having one of her panic attacks. She wanted to help, she really did but she couldn't move for some reason. This all felt unreal, everything happened in a blink of an eye. She was still processing how, what, and why it happened.

She watched as a doctor approached Trinity and her father and escorted her out of the waiting room while she was still in hysterics.

China watched as more family and friends piled in the waiting room with tears running down their faces. She laid on her mother's lap as she silently began to cry. Every time she closed her eyes, the scenario kept playing in her head over and over again in slow motion. She felt empty inside.

Saturday, January 23, 2016, 7:35pm
The day of the mixtape listening party

The gang all piled into Trinity's car as they made their way to the venue that's approximately a thirty-minute drive. They all took turns sharing the aux cord playing their favorite music. Trinity sat in the passenger seat staring out the window worried.

"Cheer up Trin, I got you!" Michael exclaimed over the music patting her shoulder.

Jumpman by Drake and future then stop abruptly, and Lana Del Rey's beautiful voice started serenading the five of them. Shocked, she slowly turned around in her seat to see Michael with a wide grin plastered on his face.

"Money is the anthem, of success." Michael sang moving his neck dramatically.

"So before we go out, what's your address?" The rest joined in, including Chris who was smiling behind the steering wheel.

This was the song that brought them all together, she thought.

Trinity looked up once more and saw they were all looking at her. She quickly looked away and started picking up her pace. She turned up the volume to National Anthem that was now playing. It's one of her favorite's by Lana Del Rey. She continued to speed up, keeping her eyes on her boots.

A boy then ran up in front of her. He was very light and had a weird shaped head. He had nice pink plump lips and was covered in tattoos. His neck tattoos were peeking out of his jacket collar. She thought he was a little cute.

She stopped dead in her tracks and stared at him. His lips were moving but she wasn't hearing anything, so she took off her headphones letting them hang around her neck.

"Um, pardon?" Trinity asked nervously.

The boy made up his face "What's that bullshit you listening to?" He asked snatching her phone from out of her hands. He watched as the artist and the song title move along the lock screen.

He paused the music.

"Excuse you!" She exclaimed angrily.

She snatched her phone back and stuffed it in her coat pocket.

"This is real music." He said smirking

"Mitch caught a body 'bout a week ago! Fuck with us and then we tweakin' hoe, tweakin' hoe! Run up on that nigga, get the squeezing yo, squeezing yo! Everybody catchin' bullet holes. Niggas got me on my bully yo, bully yo!" The other three yelled out rapping to the music that was playing from the beats pill and laughing doing a dance she was unfamiliar with.

Trinity sat there as everyone sang only the first few lines since that's all they bothered to learn. It was such a tiny gesture but it meant so much to her. It warmed her heart and it made her feel less worried. She quickly wiped a tear and sang along to the rest of the song alone as they all listened and chimed into the parts they knew.

The gang came a long way since these past three months they met Trinity. They all judged her for being different, dressing and speaking different, and not living the same lifestyle as them, but they all grew to get to know her. They all grew fond of her. They all grew to love who she is as a person.

Her and Kae couldn't stand each other, but they're good friends now.

She and Chris were on and off, but now they're going steady with no labels. She smiled looking over at Chris, grabbing his free hand as he drove with one hand. He smiled, bringing her hand to his mouth kissing it.

Trinity has developed strong feelings for Chris, there's no denying it. He has a special place in her heart. Same thing for Chris. He cares about her so much, more than anything. He'll do anything for her. Even though they don't have a label on their relationship, both of them are happy and content.

"My turn!" Kae yelled snatching the aux cord out of Michael's phone.

She then plugged it in her phone and started scrolling through her music. She then clicked on one of her favorite songs. "I got yall right now." She exclaimed pressing play.

"I'm chewy I'm some hot nigga. Like I talk to Shyste when I shot niggas. Like you see him twirl, then he drop, nigga and we keep them nine millis on my block, nigga."

'''

They arrived at the venue at around eight so they can set up early before the bouncer starts letting people in. There were approximately thirty minutes to get everything started since guests should be rolling in at around eight thirty.

"Hi, mommy!" Kae yelled running over to a woman who's setting up the food table.

Kae hugged her mother and began helping her with things she could.

Trinity is the only one that hasn't been to the venue yet, she was caught completely off guard. The setting was perfect and everything was coming along she thought.

Black, gray, and white balloons were covering every crevice of the lounge, and her favorite part of the whole venue was the mini red carpet. On the red carpet sat a display of Chris and Michael's mixtape cover. Guests could take pictures on the red carpet with the hashtag Fan of a Fan in the background.

Michael and Chris were bound to get major clout after this party she thought, so she took out her phone and took a selfie with the poster, making sure she got the hashtag in the picture too. She swiped left until she saw the geotag she created and smiled in triumph.

"The geotag looking great!" She yelled aloud posting the picture to her story.

Two boys who looked a little younger than the rest came in with cameras hanging around their neck and equipment bags in their hands. China quickly walked over to them and ushered one of them by the red carpet and the other by the stage where Chris and Michael are setting up.

A Dj booth stood right in the middle of the stage with the mixtape cover plastered on the front. Behind the booth were lounge chairs where Chris was relaxing while Michael tested the speakers. Trinity began smiling walking towards the stage, sitting in the chair next to Chris.

"It's finally happening." She said laying her head on his shoulder.

"I know, and I'm glad to have you here with me." He said kissing her head, "I want you, plus Kae and China, of course, to sit here while we do what we do." He added.

"Of course Christopher, it's your night." She smiled kissing him sweetly.

"Remember yesterday when we were waiting for Michael and 'em to pick us up to go to the mall and I wanted to ask you something?"

"I think so. Why?"

"Guys! We're having a little trouble with the lights!" China yelled from across the room.

Chris sighed annoyed, "I'll tell you later." He pulled his pants up as him and Michael got off the stage walking over to China.

'''

The venue started to slowly fill up with young teenagers who were there to support their two friends. Some impatiently headed to the bar, while others went to take pictures on the red carpet or to find a seat.

The five of them stood on the stage in awe, seeing the turnout of people. They couldn't believe it. It was going on eight-forty, as the small venue began to get crowded.

"We should start," Kae said sitting down.

Trinity nodded agreeing, "good luck guys." She said sitting down also.

China gave Michael a quick kiss and sat down too. Michael walked up on stage and grabbed the microphone, causing a feedback. Everyone then stopped mingling and faced him and Chris who were ready to start off the party.

"Chris and I want to thank you all for coming out tonight on this cold ass Saturday. I appreciate it, we both appreciate it. Thank you for the support, to my day one niggas who listened to Chris and I rap in the locker room, to China, Kae and Trinity for holding shit down and helping through it all. I also wanna thank my mom and pops and God for making this all happen."

"Michael mainly said everything but shoutout to three special women in my life. My moms, my little sister, and Trinity." He smiled looking back at her. "Oh, and Kae's mom for catering." He joked as the crowd chuckled. "And also we can't forget about Khalil, the mastermind behind it all. We're gonna start off with the first track on the mixtape, called What They Want. I hope yall like it."

'''

Chris took a sip from his water bottle as the song G Shit was coming to an end. "Aight, this is the last song on the tracklist, it's one of my favorites called Holla at Me produced by Jahlil Beats. Make sure yall turn up for this one!"

'''

"Thank you for coming out! We're getting kicked out the venue at eleven on the dot. So make sure yall get yall food and drinks! Don't forget to download the mixtape on Datpiff!" China said speaking into the mic.

People started murmuring and exiting out of the venue.

It was ten forty-five, the crew has about fifteen minutes to clean up and leave the venue themselves. Everyone was assigned garbage duty so they hurriedly clean up the venue so they can leave.

Trinity felt silly that she worried herself sick. The listening party was a success and nothing bad happened. She smiled as she picked up the used disposable cups throwing them in the black garbage bag. She hummed along to one of the songs from the mixtape that's currently replaying. She thought Chris' voice sounded so beautiful and angelic. It made her heart melt.

She then got interrupted as she felt her phone vibrating in her back pocket. She paused to fish her phone out of her pocket. Jasmine's name appeared on the screen.

"Oh my God." She said to herself answering the phone. "Hello? Jasmine?"

"Trinity! I'm so scared, help me!"

"What? Jas, I can't really hear you. Hold on."

Trinity hurriedly dropped the garbage bag and jogged outside to escape the loud music playing.

"Jasmine? I can hear a little better now, are you okay?" Trinity hugged herself since all she's wearing is crewneck sweater, jeans, and heels.

She looked around her surroundings getting an eerie feeling. Those around her were minding their business, taking pictures of themselves and the mixtape cover that's hanging on the venue window, smoking, or just having a regular conversation.

The phone line went dead.

People were slowly leaving the venue as Chris watched every single person who walked out the door. He then spotted Trinity's purple crewneck sweater and grew anxious.

"It'll be cool one day if we can collab—"

"Hold on bro, I have to do something real quick," Chris said interrupting his peer as he watched Trinity leaving the venue.

"No problem, I'll be here."

But Chris already ran off after her before the boy could even finish his sentence. He saw the perfect time to finally tell Trinity how he felt. He wasn't going to let anyone or anything interrupt him this time. This was long over due he thought.

There were a few people lingering outside of the venue. He swiftly maneuvered himself throughout the crowd and caught up with her.

"Trinity, I need to talk to you real quick!" He said grabbing her arm before she could get any farther.

Pow!
Tires screeched, people screamed, and a lifeless body dropped on the cold pavement.

_____
Next chapter coming real soon! Ima need yall to show love to this chapter though.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 12.4K 45
she's outspoken, fun, and social who dreams of becoming a successful rapper he's a shy, quiet, introvert with a dark twist to his mind but opposites...
116K 4.4K 43
Keep telling me to find someone else. Someone better. Someone who's going to treat me right. "All I ever wanted was you, my badass bitch from the hoo...
22.3K 509 17
My mothers on drugs my father is gone I'm rising my little brother as my own son and I've found a man that's help me through it all but is he the man...
45.5K 1.4K 38
๐ƒ๐ข๐ฌ๐œ๐ฅ๐š๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ซ: if you haven't read 'Real Luv' please read before you read this your going to be confused Shawty.