The Awakening (RAPTURE Series...

By LadyDawn

Rapture The Awakening By: LadyDawn 2012 Copyright © All Right Reserved *Edited* This is Book # 2 of the Raptu... More

RAPTURE The Awakening Copyright
Preface
Chapter 1 Training Camp
Chapter 2 The Enforcers Take Their Place
Chapter 3 A New Era Begins
Chapter 4 LadyDawn Heads Back Home
Chapter 5 Tracking Down The Traitors
Chapter 6 The Underground Cavern
Chapter 7 Ravenwood Is Under Attack
Chapter 8 Two New States Arise From The Ashes 1 In Trouble
Chapter 9 A Plan Is Forming, Where Did They Take Her?
Chapter 10 Another Day Brings with it (1+1) + (1+1) = Superiority
Chapter 11 Fire Rains Down From The Sky
Chapter 12 Love Them British Boys
Chapter 13 A Test of Skills
Chapter 14 Here Kitty Kitty Kitty
Chapter 15 An Easily Corrected Mistake
Chapter 16 Ouch - That Butt Chewing Hurts, Practice Make Perfect
Chapter 17 Samantha Proves Her Worth
Chapter 18 Renascence Festival of Horrors
Chapter 19 Tender Is The Heart
Chapter 20 Why Is Emmie Turning Green?
Chapter 21 Three Grapefruits On The Table But Nothing To Eat
Chapter 22 A Day The World Will Never Forget
Chapter 24 Desperate Measures Require Desperate Actions
Chapter 25 Tracking The Enemy
Chapter 26 You Can Hide But We Are Tracking You
Chapter 27 Clyde's Mistake our Fortune
Chapter 28 A Trip to Germany Then Off to Romania
Chapter 29 The Week Drags On
Chapter 30 Continuing Troubles
Chapter 31 Another Day of Testing Two Die Today
Chapter 32 A Full Moon to Remember
Chapter 33 A Day In The Life of A Trainer
Chapter 34 So The Battle Begins
Chapter 35 Run Little Wolfe Run - We Are Going To Catch You!
Chapter 36 Meet The First Supreme Witch
Chapter 37 Six Months Was Only An Estimate
Chapter 38 The Battle Begins
Chapter 39 The Awakening
Chapter 40 Time to Toy with the Enemy
Chapter 41 Fighting Mad
Chapter 42 The Final Battle ?
Chapter 43 Life After The Battle

Chapter 23 Set Fire To The Sky

640 11 0
By LadyDawn

Rapture The Awakening By: LadyDawn

2012 Copyright © All Right Reserved

Chapter 23 Set Fire To The Sky

Sorin, Sandu, and Anton are all talking over a conference call linkup through their new high tech satellite phones, the girls are upstairs still asleep in the US office. Sandu and Sorin are commenting on how the Werewolf problem has died down here in the states. Anton has just confirmed the same thing on the eastern front. They are trying to figure out what they are up to... knowing that they have not even come close to wiping out all the threat from the group; from the intel they have all received from home base.

It is now going on three months with not one single peep out of them. The last mission they all went out on was just a waste of time. It was only a pack out on a monthly hunt and a reaffirmation of their vows to the Moon Goddess to lead a clean life and protect their way of life. The Alpha as it turned out was a very nice person/wolf, on their side where it came down to the marauding werewolves out to take over the world.

“Sandu, Sorin you should see my new baby she is so beautiful, fast and sleek too!” He was so excited telling his brothers all about his new purchase. “She is blueish/silver with twin ports out the back to ward off attackers both smokescreen and oil slick” Anton was really wound up now. “She does over 230 km flat out if I could find a straight smooth road around to get it up that high and handles corners like a dream.”

“You bought a car? For yourself to drive? I didn't know you even knew how to drive we all have chauffeur for that kind of stuff! Why in the goddess' green earth would you want to drive yourself anywhere?” Sandu asked shaking his head in disbelief not that big brother Anton could see it.

“Until you have experienced it for yourself little brother don't knock it this thing is a work of art and fast like you wouldn't believe. I bet it could outrun even you in a head to head race if we had the place to try it out.” Anton was bragging.

“Fat chance of that hunk of junk piece of metal beating me in a foot race! You know I can outrun anything on the face of this planet hands down even your so called baby. HA HA HA!”

Sandu laughed off his challenge.

They all said their good byes then Sandu and Sorin sat back turned on the wall sized TV to catch up on the NEWS from the MythicalWorldNews channel. It comes on channel 666 for mythical creatures. Then a quick switchover to WorldNews channel on 66 for the human news to see what is going on in the world. Very few if any know about channel 666 unless you are a Protector, an Enforcer, the High Council, or one of their appointed guard trackers sent out to track the Werewolves we destroy every chance we get.

Channel 666 was not very news worthy, all old news we heard last night before going to bed. Same old same old. Switching back to channel 66 we sat there listening for the first twenty three minutes and everything was just like last night boring old news a few murders here and there, a rape, a string of electric cars smashed at a car dealership. Then it came on the news the story we didn't expect up in the windy city; Chicago, IL. Down in the old train yards; down by the water front by a freighter unloading containers. The cable broke. The container dropped from the top of the crane into the water. They had to go fish it out taking half a day. When they opened it up it was packed full of Werewolves all dead. They check the manifest only to find that the entire ship was completely full from the same place loaded with the same cargo. Manikins. Destination, to one of the largest distribution stores in the country.

Just when the officials figured they had caught an illegal import of immigrant into the country they made the biggest mistake. They opened one of the cargo boxes. Out rushes 50 of the meanest, nastiest, werewolves Chicago has ever seen. From there it was just a bloodbath for everyone in the train station. Fifty three workers dead, two crane workers dead, and twenty eight truckers waiting on their loads of box cars, all killed and mangled.

Sandu took flight at the stairs taking them two to four at a time knocking at all the doors as he rand down the bedroom hallway toward his room to pack up. Sorin followed, but at a much slower pace to tell everyone what was going on so they could all pack up and be ready to leave, asap. Amalia and Catarina were both feeding the babies when Sandu flew by knocking violently on their door startling the babies in the process. Amalia had no problem, but Catarina screamed out in pain just a split second after Sandu knocked so loud on her door. Seems he startled little Bavo so that he bit into Catarina with his new found fangs, leaving behind two tiny blood marks, but not before taking a tiny sip of mothers blood along with her milk.

“Damn you Sandu wait till I get my hands on your neck, I am going to wring it but good this time mark my words.” Catarina was so pissed rubbing the breast that had two tiny bite marks from Bavo's fangs dripping her blood. “Damn You!” She shouted to no one in particular the room having only her and the baby. Wilda lightly tapped on the door opening it and popping her head in asking.

“Are you ok in here can I help you pack sweetie?” Catarina motioned for her to take Bavo so she could stand up and go shower. Once showered she went to pack up her traveling backpack with just the usual things. A weeks worth of clothes comfortable to fight in. One dress just in case they had to meet someone important afterward. It was the usual. The dress was vacuumed packed to keep it clean and compact.

They all met in the dining room for a quick breakfast meeting before heading out to the jet to leave it was a fast meeting to fill everyone in on what Sandu didn't tell everyone in the house and the four guards that go with them through a mind link. The two babies Bavo and Valia were in their highchairs playing with their cereal moving it all over their trays. Wilda was sitting between the babies laughing at them. Though she was still watching and listening to us intently to see what we were talking about.

We kissed our children gave Wilda a big hug and proceeded out to our jet climbing up the steps onto it for our flight up to Chicago's O’Hara Airport where we landed in just an hour. When we were on the ground, sitting there were three brand new all electric SUVs waiting on us with every amenity you can ever order on one. We packed them up full with all our gear then proceeded with the help of the freight manager at the cargo area of the airport and great directions entered into our tablets to drive over to the train depot. Sure enough once we neared the place it was crawling with werewolves.

Our senses went up on high alert scouting out with our keen vision there had to be thousands of werewolves both in human and wolf form meandering around the train depot and shipping yard. Up on the crane were two wolves spinning the crane around at top speed a boxcar attached by only one cable wolves falling out the open door into the water, on the deck of the ship and the ground by the dock. It was the funniest thing we had ever seen. That is till the cable broke sending the boxcar flying toward a stack of other boxcars piled up six high three deep, smashing into them; knocking them all over sending all the wolves inside scattering like a bunch of ants.

Watching it Catarina burst out laughing, we all turned our heads at what she was watching just in time to see the scattering. It was hilarious for sure, but we gave away our position up on top of the hill we were hiding up on top of so just like them we scattered just like a bunch of ants though with a more organized way to our madness. We had a plan of attack. We would surround them with shoulder fired rockets all firing at the same time from a different direction, it was your classic plan. Take out the refueling tank in the center of the lot where they were mostly congregating around a fire pit. Once they were lit up the rest take out the containers on the ship and the ones at the dock that would only leave us the ones standing by the truck loading area.

Once we were all set up the first missal went up into the air raining down upon the refueling tank. It went off with a tremendous BOOM! Fire rained down from the sky! Everywhere throughout the whole shipping grounds even igniting fires on the cargo ship. Hundreds upon hundreds of werewolves started screaming out in pain before dropping one by one to the dirt. It was a horrendous site to see, let alone the smell of dog fur burning up into the air. A few seconds after the tank went up causing all the werewolves to start running in all different directions we opened fire on them from every direction blowing up the ship, the dock, the piles of containers on the dock, and finally the rows upon rows of containers on the ground by the shipping area waiting to be put onto the truck's trailers.

From that point there were fewer than one hundred left to kill so we skirted about all four of us, and our four guards running in and between all the wolves human and otherwise killing them off; anyway we could manage to kill them off. Our guards that usually only drive the SUVs and guard them sometimes help out if needed are very well trained in hand to hand combat and personal weapons plus have their usual vampire strength. This battle raged well on into the wee hours of the night not stopping till we were satisfied that all the werewolves were dead. It was just coming sunup when we finished killing the last wolf we found climbing the crane trying to get away from us.

When we were finished we did a detailed count of the entire area including the ship and all the containers counting every wolf we were able to count with the exception of the ones closest to the fire ball from the exploding fuel tank, and came up with just over 682 dead wolves in all so we are guessing there to be well over a thousand in the beginning. There was no telling how many escaped both before we arrived and during the conflict with them with the way they scattered it is possible a few were able to escape. But for the most part we killed the majority of them and that is what counts.

Cleaning up the area with the help of the officials we left our reports with them and headed out checking as we left to be sure we didn't miss anyone just in case. Climbing back up the hill we did find one last fire burned wolf barely alive crawling away from the area. Ceferina in a wave of her hand sent a death shock out to the wolf's heart he was dead the second it hit him and he went up in flames. Not one bit of evidence of him was left to be found. Another report was written on the plane trip back home by Ceferina one of many by all four of them even the guards got in on filling out forms on the trip back home.

One short trip three and a half days, but way too much death for everyone. When will it ever end? This senseless killing, all the retribution for such little control over the mythical species and for what? Power one over the other? Food? In the end it will all come down to nothing but the total destruction of the earth just because one species wants total control of everything and everyone. Life doesn’t work that way.

Landing at Ravenwood the girls were met by two cranky young children wanting nothing but their mothers and no one else. They were in mothers arms before they could even exit the plane just like they themselves did to their mother the Queen. Wilda was just leaning against the door to the manor laughing at the two girls with their hands filled with children clinging to them for deal life as then climbed down the steps to the plane. They were welcomed back home by children and everyone alike a meal waiting for them when they arrived. Maria had everything fixed for their arrival.

It was a quiet evening, a nice meal, relaxation in the sitting room after a nice glass to drink. Then up to their rooms for a shower and to bed. A well deserved sleep momma and baby sleeping together both happy and sated.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 143 19
#Book 1 of the Blood Moon series One never knows what is going to happen next. Neither did Neraya. Reluctance gripped her heart at returning back...
192K 8.4K 33
(Book 1 in the 'Blood Drops' series) Five drops for the vampires who drink it. Four for the creatures who relish in it. Three for the strong who take...
8K 751 38
A long time ago when the cold blooded King and the shape shifter King had made peace with each other having hunters as the common enemy. Shane, Lydia...
2.9K 814 38
"So what does that make me?" "We aren't sure," a small furrow took place in between Sebastian's dark brows. "We took you so we could find out, such...