Just Across the Way (WhiteRos...

By Open_Book1020

Weiss Schnee. Heiress to the Schnee Mining Company. You could say she's spoiled, but she's not perfect...she... More

The Right Job
Lunch
The Sister
The Princess, the Servant, and the Tyrant
Sunday
The Visit
Mom and the Sleepover
Sleepover Part 2
The Day After
Pyrrha Arc? No Way...
The End of A Storm
Picture Perfect
Update...
A Storm of A Different Sort
Update 2! YAY!
Update 3 I'm Sorry
Mini Chapter: Eye of the Storm

Coincidence

3.3K 91 145
By Open_Book1020

Weiss's POV

I'd been waiting outside "Aroma-thon" for about an hour. I checked my phone...

"10:23"

Miss Fall did tell me 9:30 right? If so...she's almost an hour late.

"Weiss!"

I turned to look in the direction of the voice. There was a well-dressed boy with a fedora-like hat on. I knew who he was already.

"Sorry you've waited so long. Ms. Fall called in sick and I was out at the time. Flynt Coal. I work here as well. Cinder filled me in. It's a pleasure to meet such a famous woman." He bowed gracefully, causing me to smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you as well, Flynt. Aren't you quite a famous trumpet player in a certain jazz band?"
I loved all his music. Such freedom and expression.

"You're a lot nicer than the media had me to believe...but that...incident in the food court yesterday wasn't truly you was it?" I stopped smiling.

"You saw that?!" He nodded. "I was just flustered...and spoiled brat instinct kicked in." I looked down shamefully.

"It's fine Schnee..." He stopped, and I nodded to signal that it was okay to address me that way. "I saw the way you looked at her...and the way you blushed as you played with your food." I could feel my face burning up.

"I-I don't know what you're talking about." I huffed and crossed my arms over my chest. "No one is allowed to know that about me...Father would kill me..."

Ruby's POV:

I hummed as I walked to my summer workplace. "Otaku and Weebs" is a fun place to work. I usually end up spending most of my paycheck on merchandise from the store anyways. "Being an otaku is hard sometimes...too TAXing...that was Yang levels of bad for a pun..." I thought. I saw my coworker unlocking the metal mall gate to the store.

"Hey Ren!" I shout happily. "How's your morning going?" He puts the keys in his pocket before responding.

"Pretty good Ruby. Yours?" I smile slyfully.

"Didja bring me anything special?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Nope." He had an evil grin. I started fake crying.

"Noooooo!" I cry out. He chuckles.

"Come on Ruby, we gotta get the store ready for customers. Also, seriously? An "Eromanga-Sensei" t-shirt?" He asks walking inside.

I follow him behind the counter. "Yeah. I like it." He laughs at me.

"That anime is trash though." I pout.

"Well it's the bestest and cutest trash ever! Especially Sagiri!" He chuckles.

"What is she your waifu?" I knew my face was turning red. Ren is one of the only people that know that I like girls. "Sorry...forgot that that's touchy for you, but Ruby...it shouldn't matter whether you're gay or straight...remember how I reacted?" I chuckled.

"Yeah...you dropped your tea and started shipping me with all your favorite girls!" I burst out laughing.

"All jokes aside. Ruby, can you put these new "Masamune-kun's Revenge" issues on the shelves." I smiled and saluted.

"Sure thing, boss!"

Weiss's POV:

Flynt was really a pleasure to work with. I even got to ask him about his inspirations for his songs.

"The great thing about jazz is that...you can mold it to whatever you feel. It's not a single thing that is set to be. It's what you make it. You dig?" I still hadn't gotten used to some of his rhetoric, but he was a very pleasant person. "Excuse me for saying this, but you're a lot less bitchy than I thought you'd be." I giggled.

"Thanks Flynt. It's good to know I've only screwed up with one person so far." He smiled all of a sudden and gestured with his eyes, before saying...

"Welcome, can I help you?" I turned to see who it is, and I'm greeted with the girl I berated just yesterday...

"H-hi Weiss...I'm s-sorry for yesterday." She was looking down and she looked scared again. I walked around the counter, she flinched as I got close.

"It's okay. I'm sorry too. It was my fault honestly. I shouldn't have reacted the way I did." I smiled at her. She no longer looked scared, but she was still looking down.  "She's so cute..." I thought.

"My name is Ruby Rose. I work...over there." She pointed, without looking up or back, behind her to the store with the name "Otaku and Weebs". She looks so nervous.

"What's wrong, Ruby? I'm not going to yell anymore. I promise." She looked up and our eyes met. "Oh God...she's so cute..."

"I um...I like..." Is she...like me? "I like the idea of being great friends with you!" She turned to leave.

"Ruby wait!" She turned around to look at me. "When is your lunch break?"

Ruby's POV:

"When is your lunch break?" Weiss asked before I could get away.

"One forty-five." I said quickly before I turned around and near ran back to the safety of O&W.

"That looked like it went well. Besides the whole...anime style blushing that you did." Ren joked.

"How could you see that from here?!" I was all red again.

"Ruby...I could tell why you wanted to talk to her." He gave me that "I understand" look big brothers do.

"Shut up, baka!" We both laughed, but I couldn't stop thinking about her...those icy blue eyes weren't so bad this time...I could barely look at her...I checked my phone.

"11:45"

2 hours later...

"Alright, Ren. I'm going on my lunch break." I'm starving again...

"Okay. I'll try not to buy all the manga while you're gone." He chuckled and waved me goodbye, even though I'd be back in 45 minutes.

I was turning around when I bumped into someone and stumbled backwards. "Seriously? Again?! I need to pay more attention." This time though...someone caught me.

"Woah. Be more careful, Ruby" I looked up and saw Weiss. She had one arm around my waist. I couldn't help, but blush...hard. I heard Ren snapping a picture.

"Thanks, Weiss...sorry again." I thought I'd cry. I kept screwing up in front of her. She only knows me as a screw-...

"I promised I wouldn't yell at you again, didn't I?" She was smiling at me. She didn't look angry at all. I stood back up straight, but she wasn't ready and we butted heads...not figuratively...literally. "Ow! You-..." She inhaled. "Warn me next time..." She kept smiling. "Come on let's get lunch." She let go of me and we began walking to the food court, chatting, but I couldn't stop thinking about how beautiful...and elegant...and perfect...this Princess was...and how her touch was so gentle...

Weiss's POV:

"Hey! Schnee!" Flynt snapped in front of my face to get my attention. "You're staring at her again."

"No I wasn't! Did you want something?" I could feel the heat in my face already.

"If you want, we can swap lunch breaks. Mine starts the same as your little crush's." I could feel my face heating up even more.

"Are you sure, Flynt? You said you were hungry an hour ago." I gave him a worried look.

"Who am I to stand in the way of love?" He chuckled.

"L-love?! I don't love that adorable klutz!" I didn't hear what I said.

"ADORABLE klutz?" Flynt put emphasis on the adorable.

"I-...she...damn it..." I had lost.

"It's alright, Schnee. Your secret is safe with me...you may have even given me an idea for a piece. Now go. It's 1:43." He shooed me away with a hand and leaned against the counter.

"Thanks Flynt..." I said it just loud enough for him to hear. I swear he smirked and tipped his hat just a bit.

"Wait...what am I going to say? I didn't think about that. What if she thinks I'm weird or...creepy?" I had my mind racing and I wasn't looking where I was going. I came out of my own mind the moment I collided with Ruby. I didn't fall this time, but she was about to. "Damn it..." I wrapped my arm around her waist and stopped her falling.

"Woah. Be more careful, Ruby." She looked up at me. Our faces weren't very far apart. It was like a romantic dance had just ended. She blushed a bright red.

"Thanks Weiss...sorry again..." She looked sad.

"I'm promised I wouldn't yell at you again, didn't I?" I smiled at her, a genuine, happy smile. Ruby attempted to stand and I wasn't ready. Our heads collided. It hurt and I almost...

"Ow! You-..." Breathe Weiss...don't screw this up..."Warn me next time." I held my smile, albeit I was in a bit of pain. "Come on. Let's get lunch." I began walking to the food court and Ruby followed. We talked a bit, but it was like Ruby wasn't even there...what is she thinking about...regardless...she's the cutest girl I've ever seen...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

87.2K 1.1K 7
Weiss Schnee is the heiress to the Schnee Dust company, one of the smartest and most skilled students at Beacon Academy, and one of the best singers...
39.4K 1.5K 30
The Cookies Cafe is open nearly twenty four hours a day, making it the perfect place for Weiss to work at night. She helps to run the multi billion d...
2.3K 84 17
Weiss Schnee, the heiress of the Schnee Dust Company. Ruby Rose, the girl that wears a red hood almost all the time. Yang Xiao Long, the blonde beaut...
185K 6.5K 53
This is an average fanfiction on a Youtube anime series called RWBY. I do not own any rights to RWBY I am merely shipping Blake Belladonna and Yang X...