Challenges of Tomorrow: A New...

By Lollipop_Usagi

FINALLY A SEQUEL of "WHEN I MET YOU" XDXDXD Everyone's living a happy and peaceful life with the Yamabukis ou... More

Challenges of Tomorrow: A New Day Awaits ~SEQUEL~
Chapter 1: Another Beginning!
Chapter 2: First Encounter; First Impressions
Chapter 4: Unpredictable Happenings
Chapter 5: Discoveries and Festivities
Chapter 6: New Leader, New Problems
Chapter 7: No Turning Back
Chapter 8: This Means War
Chapter 9: Flower Festival: My Beginning With You
Chapter 10: No Words
Chapter 11: Back on Track
Chapter 12: According to Plan
Chapter 13: The Depressing Aftermath
Chapter 14: Aggravated Emotions
Chapter 15: Trying to Uncover; Hoping to Remember
Chapter 16: One By One
Chapter 17: The Unwanted Circumstances

Chapter 3: Avoiding, Hiding, Thinking & Meeting

1.3K 44 11
By Lollipop_Usagi

I would also like to thank CJRose for commenting on the first chapter of the story:3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Avoiding, Hiding, Thinking & Meeting

Amu woke up bright and early in the morning the following day. The events of last night still fresh inside her head. "Hiro…who is he really?" she asked herself as she got up from bed and looked out the window. "The sun sure is shining brighter than usual this morning." Amu thought to herself with a smile.

She quickly got out of bed get changed for the day. As soon as she was done preparing herself, she got out of her room and started to make rounds around the palace. Amu enjoyed the fresh air outside so she didn't mind taking long walks. Soon, as she continued to walk, she noticed that the halls of the palace were awfully quiet.

"I wonder where everyone else is?" she asked herself silently.

A few more walks and she sighed, she must have woken up earlier than usual today too. As she was walking though, somewhat still enjoying the peace, she heard a familiar voice…correction, there were two familiar voices making their way toward her direction.

"You do seem happier today Hiro." It was Kenta and Amu only wished they wouldn't see her.

"Well, something happened last night, and it made me…well as you said, happier." Stated Hiro.

Amu could imagine Hiro's face now, and she didn't even need to take a peak and look at him. Something about the way he said those words sent chills down her spine. "I was wrong about him being so sweet…he sounds so different now…and so mysterious, as if he was hiding something…" She sure as heck didn't want him to see her. "I have to get out of here…now!" she muttered. As she slowly tried to walk toward the other direction…

"Hm? Why'd you stop?" she heard Kenta ask.

"I thought I heard some footsteps." Said Hiro "I someone there?" he called.

"Are you sure? It's still kind of early you know. You could just be imagining things." Said Kenta.

"No, I'm quite sure that I heard right Kenta. There's definitely someone here." Said Hiro confidently. He began to walk a little faster, hoping to catch a glimpse of who was there.

Amu's eyes widened as she heard the footsteps get faster and louder. "Forget about walking slowly…!" she thought before immediately running towards the other direction.

Hoping that soon enough, Hiro and Kenta would stop following her, she continued to run without any other cares in the world, but to not make contact with Hiro. After the events of last night, which left her both confused and curious about his attitude, she didn't want to have another encounter like that any time soon.

"By the sound of his voice…it's like his personality changed again! There's too many sides of him that's making him too difficult to read. Who is he…really?"Amu wondered.

She continued to run, and she wasn't even looking at where she was going anymore. "Please, do not let him follow me right now…OW!" she suddenly bumped into someone while she was running. "I am so sorry." She apologized.

She felt someone hold her by the shoulders and heard someone spoke "What's this? Up so early in the morning?" Her eyes widened and she turned to face the person she bumped into.

"Ikuto!" exclaimed Amu shocked.

"Hey there. Morning to you too." Said Ikuto with a light chuckle escaping from his lips as he watched Amu stare at him in shock and placed a light kiss on her cheek.

"W-what are you doing here?" asked Amu, still in a slight state of shock and her face still red.

"I live here." He replied plainly.

She playfully glared at him before speaking again. "I know that genius. I mean, what are you doing, wide awake, walking around here and so early in the morning too." She told him.

Ikuto chuckled again "I should be the one asking you that. You're not a morning person, anyone could tell."

"T-That's beside the point!" said Amu defensively.

"So? What are you doing here so early in the morning?" asked Ikuto confused and curious at the same time.

"What? Am I not allowed to wake up early every once and a while?" asked Amu folding her arms.

"Not that, but it's just that I usually have to go to your room almost every morning and force you awake." Said Ikuto with a shrug. "And just like I said, you never were the morning person."

"So? I happened to wake up early today, thank you very much." Said Amu.

"I see. Good for you then. And I have to thank you for saving me the trouble of forcing you awake this morning. Although I do enjoy such events…oh well, I can always do it again tomorrow." Said Ikuto with a small smile "And to think I was just on my way to your room too."

"Well, here I am, so there should be no problems." She stated. She unconsciously turned around to check if Hiro was following and luckily, she didn't see anyone or hear anyone at all approaching.

"Amu? What are you looking at?" asked Ikuto confused.

"Huh?" she asked him, as she spaced out, unaware of what he meant.

"I mean, didn't you notice that you keep turning your head to look behind you?" Ikuto asked her as he gave her another questioning look.

"Um…sorry?" she told him with a nervous smile. "I just thought I heard someone that's all."

"Who?" asked Ikuto.

"I'm not sure, Utau maybe?" she suggested.

"You've been here long enough to know that Utau's room is in the opposite direction." Stated Ikuto with s sigh. Now he was certain she was keeping something from him.

"…" Amu was silent for a while while she didn't know what to say to him, she was also thinking of a good way to convince Ikuto it was nothing.

"Amu, what are you hiding from me?" he asked her seriously.

"Hiding? Who's hiding anything?" she asked. "I'm being defensive!" she thought to herself.

"You are, and you know it." Said Ikuto with a sigh before he continued "And it's either you tell me what it is, or you're making me force it out of you."

"It's nothing…really…I think I'm just being paranoid…" stated Amu with a sigh.

"Paranoid?" he asked with one eyebrow raised questioningly at her "About what?"

Amu sighed again, and she knew that there was no possible way to make him give up on asking…so she finally decided to tell him. "It's just that…I saw Hiro and Kenta when I was walking around…and I didn't want them to see me, so I ran."

"Why would you run from them? Did they do anything?" he asked and he was sure that if he knew he had hurt her in any way, someone was getting hurt tonight…

"No, not really….I just feel kind of awkward around them…especially Hiro…" stated Amu.

"Why?" Ikuto asked again. Amu was leaving so many holes in her explanation and he had to keep on asking if she wasn't going to give him a straight answer.

Amu started walking again and Ikuto followed her as the two of them walked around together and continued to talk. "You're not going to stop asking aren't you?" she asked Ikuto.

"No, not unless you give up and give me a clear explanation." Said Ikuto.

"Why don't you just let it go?" she asked.

"Simple, remember the last time I let something bothering you go? It lead to you running away and I had to go looking for you." Stated Ikuto in a matter-of-factly way.

"That was different!" stated Amu as she remembered what had happened and her insecurities had led her to beg Rhythm to help her run away.

"Still…I'm not taking the chance of that happening again." He told her seriously. "Now, are you going to tell me what's wrong? Or are you going to let me keep guessing?" he asked.

"I just don't want you to worry." Said Amu, this was true, but she also hoped that Ikuto would feel bad and just drop the topic.

Ikuto smiled "And that's why I'm asking. I'm worried now you know, or else I wouldn't even bother. He stopped and grinned slightly before he continued "And besides….that's not going to get us off topic so don't even think about it."

"Alright fine." She gave up "Hiro saw me last night when I went to the gardens and he was just acting…weird."

Ikuto blinked a few times before asking "He met up with you last night?"

"More like bumped into me. I didn't know if he was following me, stalking me or just saw me there." Said Amu as she shook her head.

"He didn't do anything to you did he?" asked Ikuto seriously. He didn't like the idea of anyone stalking Amu.

Amu shook her head "No…unless you can being sweet a crime, then no."

"Sweet?" asked Ikuto a vein popping on his head. "And what's that supposed to mean?" he thought to himself.

"I don't know. He was, and that's what I found odd. And he wasn't quiet like what Utau and Kukai had mentioned either. He was more like the exact opposite." Said Amu "Something made me think he was some kind of flirt…or something like that…"

"…" Ikuto didn't know what to say, but he wanted to keep a better eye on Hiro now…and he was serious.

"And there was something about him…something that made Kukai's statement about him being…weird…kind of true." Said Amu "Something's just not right."

"Well…" started Ikuto with a sigh "He could be somewhat like you."

"Me? How in the world is he like me?" asked Amu.

"Hiro could be the kind of person who hides himself behind some sort of mask. Just like you did back then. Or don't you remember that?" he told her.

"I do…then that must mean that he could have problems too right?" asked Amu.

"Maybe, but like what Kukai and Tsukasa said, we can't trust them completely yet." Said Ikuto "Besides…" he started.

"?" Amu looked at him, confused at what he would want to say.

"I wouldn't want Hiro taking you away from me." He told her with a smirk on his face again as he saw her face turn different shades of red.

"Y-you're c-crazy Ikuto!" Amu told him as she walked off, a bit faster this time.

Ikuto chuckled as he kept on following herm often hearing her mumble a few things to herself. He found her very amusing, and he knew that if Hiro was in any way trying something to keep them apart, there was definitely no way he was going to let that happen.

Meanwhile…

In the town on Corinth, it was another busy day for everyone. People were working as hard as they could, it was another heavy day. The Souma's were definitely no exception. Their restaurant was full again and Kukai had to work with Daichi today or his brother would probably die with the amount of customers flooding in. Utau didn't stop him from working today, in which he was very grateful for. He told her he'd eventually make it up to her and she just smiled and let him go, saying that she'd follow later on.

"Hey Kukai, Utau-nee's coming today right?" asked Dahichi.

Kuaki laughed before answering "You're seriously calling her that? And I thought you were just fooling around."

"I'm starting to get used to it…so yeah…" said Daichi with a laugh as well.

"But…yeah, she's coming." Said Kukai with a smile "She said she was, but I think she's still too tired to get up."

"She told you that?" asked Daichi.

"Nah, just a guess. She told me last night that she was coming over, but since she's not here, I'm guessing she's still in bed." Said Kukai.

"True." Agreed Daichi "It's a good thing she let you work though."

"She said it was no problem, as long as I don't overdo it again. That was part of the agreement." Said Kukai. "What about you? Did you reschedule with Ran?"

"What?" asked Daichi as his face slightly turned red.

"I know you were supposed to go somewhere with her today. Don't underestimate me." Said Kukai with a grin "I happen to have very good sources."

"Like who? Miki, Su and Dia?" asked Daichi as he rolled his eyes and laughed.

"Maybe. So, did you?" asked Kukai again.

"Yeah, she said it was fine, and she kind of figured that the restaurant would be packed today, so she didn't seem to mind much." Said Daichi with a smile.

"Have you told her yet?" asked Kukai.

"Told her what?" asked Daichi.

"How you feel? And not the 'I like you' kind of thing." Said Kukai with a grin. He knew that Daichi and Ran have been together for a while now, but he also knew that he hast confessed…that way.

"No, not yet." Daichi admitted with a sigh.

"What's stopping you?" asked Kukai with a light laugh.

"A lot of things." Said Daichi "And I think you know that. You're done with this stage remember? You're getting married?"

"I know, doesn't stop me from bugging you about it the same way that you bugged me when I had that problem." Said Kukai with a grin.

"Yeah I get it, revenge stinks." Said Daichi and Kukai just laughed.

"And what seems to be so funny?" They turned to see Rima and Nagihiko there with big smiles on their faces. They were walking hand in hand and as Kukai saw this, his face broke into one of his big grins.

"Hey you two." Said Kukai "What are you guys doing here?"

"Just visiting. Unless we aren't wanted, then we can leave." Said Nagihiko with a slight laugh.

"Please, do stay." Said Kukai "Is it still crowded out there?" he asked. They were inside the kitchen for the mean time, so he couldn't tell.

"Not as much. People are finishing up. It's going to clear out a bit soon from the looks of it." Said Rima.

"Good, because I seriously need some sort of break." Said Daichi.

It turned out that Rima was right. It wasn't too long before people started to leave and only a few were left, giving the two brothers a break that they both well deserved. Of course, time had been moving and it was almost the end of lunch when the people started leaving.

"Looks like today was worse than most days." Said Nagihiko as he looked around the almost empty restaurant.

"No kidding. It's like I was already working two whole shifts." Said Kukai.

"Well, that's how business goes, I guess." Said Rima.

Nagihiko and Rima helped the two brothers clean up the tables and fix the chairs before the four of them decided to sit on one table and talk.

"So, what's been going on in the mansion? Anything new?" asked Kukai.

"Nah, not really." Said Nagihiko "Yoru has been coming there a lot though, to see Miki I suppose."

"And that Sanjo kid too. But he only comes over when Yaya does. Kind of odd right?" said Rima.

"Really? So that's why Yaya hasn't been complaining about being lonely lately. It's a good thing someone's keeping her company. I was worried about her too." Said Kukai.

"She's just fine, let me tell you that much." Said Rima with a small smile.

"How about you? I heard the wedding preparations are underway again. Is everything working out smoothly?" asked Nagihiko.

"Yeah, everything's fine actually. There aren't really complications…at least not yet…" muttered Kukai.

"Not yet?" asked Rima confused "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Well, something just tells me that…not everything's going to go as planned." Said Kukai "Not be the negative one around, but I can't help but have some kind of hunch."

"Why is that?" asked Nagihiko.

"Well, we met the princes that are staying at the palace…and I don't know, but something just doesn't feel…completely right about them." Said Kukai.

"Care to share?" asked Daichi.

"Sure, why not?" Kukai said with a shrug as he started to tell him his story.

He told them everything. From how he first met them, to what had happened, his talk with Tsukasa and what he thought about the whole situation and scenario. The three of them listened quietly and waited for Kukai to finish his tale before speaking.

"Don't you think you're being a bit too judgmental here? I mean, I get it that you can't trust them completely yet, but judging them so suddenly isn't right either." Said Nagihiko.

"I know that. That's why I didn't do or say anything. I don't completely think that those two are bad news, but my gut tells me one of them is." Said Kukai.

"Kenta?" asked Rima.

"As much as I want that to be true…no. I feel worse about his brother." Said Kukai. Sure he was kind of pissed about what happened with Kenta and what he did with Utau, but as much as hated to admit it, he had a better feeling about Kenta than he did with Hiro.

"Then that's just…odd." Said Daichi.

"I know, and I know I don't know them much, something inside me just feels weird. It's something I can't explain right now. And let's just hope that I'm wrong." Said Kukai with a sigh.

"Well…I guess if you really feel that way, then just watch yourselves." Said Nagihiko "But don't try to be to obvious about it, and try to get to know them better. You never know, right?"

"Yeah, I guess that's the best answer for this." Agreed Kukai.

"Oh yeah, where's Utau by the way?" asked Rima.

"I think she's still at the palace." Said Kukai "Although…she should be here anytime soon."

"Let's just wait for her to get here. I'm sure she's just fine." Said Nagihiko.

So, they all agreed to wait for Utau to arrive. Kukai only hoped that she was safe, it was unlike her to break her word, and he knew she'd come. He smiled and thought "She's not some weak damsel in distress, she'll be alright…I know she will."

With Utau…

Utau hurriedly walked around the palace. She was late, at least, she thought she was. She usually got up earlier than usual whenever she wanted to go to town and this was the first time she's left this late. Ever since she's been given her freedom, she always went there early. And just when she found Musashi and thought she could make a clean get-away, she found herself in front of two unexpected people…Hiro and Kenta.

"Great…just peachy…" she thought to herself with a sigh.

"Good morning princess." Greeted Hiro and Kenta with a smile.

"Good afternoon, I believe that it's already past morning." She told them, giving them the best smile she could give.

"Oh, our apologies. It seems that you're right." Said Hiro with another smile.

This shocked Utau and she thought "Well, isn't he in a good enough mood today. He wasn't this giddy when we saw him yesterday…What's with the sudden change of attitude?"

"Is something the matter princess?" she suddenly heard Kenta ask her. She saw her look at him, the look of worry and concern all over his face.

"No, everything's fine." Said Utau with another smile.

"You seem to be in quite a hurry/. Are you leaving for somewhere?" asked Hiro.

"Yes, as a matter of fact, I am." Said Utau "I need to be on my way actually."

"Sorry for keeping you." Said Kenta "Might I ask where you're going?" he asked her.

"I'm headed to town." Said Utau.

"Would you like some company?" offered Kenta "It wouldn't be safe for you to travel alone."

Utau looked at him and saw sincerity in his eyes. She knew he meant well, but it wasn't hard for her to refuse his offer. "Thank you for the kind offer, but I'll fare well on my own. I'll be meeting with Kukai there."

"Oh…" by the mention of Kukai's name, Kenta's face immediately fell. He suddenly smiled softly and said "Have a safe trip. And please do be careful."

"Thank you." Said Utau as she started to walk away. She looked back at Kenta as she walked and smiled softly "He's not such a bad guy…I can tell that much…I'm not so sure about his brother though…"

Utau walked towards the carriage and met Musashi there. He opened the carriage door for her and asked "Where to Utau-hime?"

She smiled and replied "Just the usual Musashi."

"Off to see Souma-san again?" he said with a light chuckle.

"Yes, I told him I'll be coming there today, and truth be told, I feel as though I'm late." Said Utau with a smile. "You're not busy are you?" she asked.

"No, of course not." Musashi replied "I'd be more than happy to take you there."

"Thank you." Said Utau.

The carriage soon made its way to town and Utau was thrilled to see Kukai and hopefully some of her friends again. When she got there, she thanked Musashi, entered the restaurant, found it rather…empty and she also found Rima and Nagihiko talking with Kukai and Daichi.

"Look who's here." Said Daichi as he glanced over at Utau.

"Hey, and I thought you weren't coming." Said Kukai with a slight laugh as he went to her and gave her a kiss and a hug.

"Aw, isn't that cute." Said Daichi sarcastically.

Nagihiko and Rima laughed a bit at the scene as well. Utau was blushing slightly and she just smiled. "Nice to see all of you too." She told them.

"So, how was your day Utau-chan?" asked Nagihiko with a smile.

"I woke up later than usual…which would explain my being late…" she said.

"Yeah, I figured as much." Said Kukai with a laugh.

"It's not funny! I was tired and I wanted to get some more sleep too." Said Utau.

"I know and I don't blame you for it." Said Kukai "Just glad that you're safe, that's all."

"Safe? What, you thought something happened to me?" Utau asked him questioningly.

"Not really, I know you enough. Still, one can't help but worry sometimes." Said Kukai with a soft smile.

"I'm fine, thank you." Said Utau and then she remembered something she wanted to tell Kukai "I want to talk to you about something though…"

"Yeah? Like what?" he asked her.

"Did I mention I bumped into Hiro and Kenta before I came here?" said Utau as she looked at Kukai.

He shrugged and asked "What did they do this time?"

"Nothing much, but Hiro was…a bit chatty today." Said Utau "It's like his whole quiet demeanor just…disappeared."

Kukai blinked a few times and asked "So, he talked? And when I say talk I mean giving more than one word answers or phrases."

"Yes, he did. This I found incredibly…odd." Said Utau.

"Something must have happened to him then." Suggested Rima, joining in on the conversation.

"Looks like it. People don't usually change overnight. And from what we've been told, something's up with this guy." Said Nagihiko.

"Well, it does seem that way…." Stated Utau. She couldn't put her finger to it, but she knew that Hiro was different, and somehow she felt that he was different…in a bad way…

While Utau was now in town, Amu was still in the palace, but due to Ikuto's sudden duties, she was left, currently being accompanied by Tadase. She didn't mind, of course. During her whole stay in the palace, she had developed a very good friendship with Tadase and she didn't mind spending time with him too. So, the two of them were talking and were currently in the palace garden.

"You seem to be brighter now Amu-chan. You were so gloomy back then." Said Tadase with a smile.

"You think so? Maybe it's because of all the new people I've met. And I guess all the things that have happened to me have helped too." Said Amu.

"Yes, I guess so. But it's a good thing that you and Ikuto-nii get along now. Although he still seems to have quite a habbit of teasing you." Said Tadase with a slight chuckle.

"And I doubt that it would ever change. He said so himself, that he couldn't imagine it when the day would come that he would stop teasing me." Said Amu with a sigh but she smiled inwardly. She's gotten so used to Ikuto's teasing that if he didn't tease her, she might think of him as someone else.

"That's true. I guess that's just the kind of person he is." Said Tadase.

"How about you Tadase? How have you been? Heavy duties lately?" asked Amu.

"Not quite. I've been doing well, for the most part." Said Tadase. "Nothing big has been coming up yet."

"That's nice, this gives you some time to relax right?" said Amu with a smile. "I think you and Kairi work too hard sometimes. Everyone needs some kind of break."

Tadase just laughed and spoke "I guess you're right. But not everyone get's the break they want, or so it seems."

"That's life I guess. We all have our ups and downs." Said Amu with a small shrug.

As the two of them were talking, a voice suddenly interrupted… "It's seems as though we have sudden meetings here don't we?"

Amu and Tadase turned and came face to face with Hiro. He had a smile on his face and Amu couldn't tell if it was fake or not. "Man, he's so hard to read!" she thought to herself.

Tadase had a different feeling suddenly rush through him. "What's he suddenly doing here?" he wondered.

"What's with those looks you two? It's not the first time you've both seen me around now has it?" asked Hiro.

"We were just startled Hiro-san." Said Tadase with the closest thing he could muster to be a smile.

Hiro just smiled at Tadase, one that seemed to…sweet, to be true. He looked over at Amu and spoke "Looks like you and I have a habit of coming here."

"I like it here. So I often walk to the gardens." Said Amu. She tried to keep calm, but she had a very odd and awkward feeling about the situation.

"That's nice to hear." Said Hiro "Would you like to take a walk with me?" he asked her.

"W-Well…" Amu didn't know what to say, she knew that something at the back of her head was telling her to refuse and she wanted to get out of this situation right now.

"Ikuto-nii will be coming back soon Amu-chan. Would you like to wait for him in the throne room?" offered Tadase and how he hoped that she would catch on and say yes.

"O-of course!" said Amu. "Saved!" she thought with a sigh.

"Ikuto? Tsukiyomi?" asked Hiro, his facial expression suddenly changing.

"Um…yes. Ikuto-nii is Utau-chan's older brother, and the prince of the kingdom." Explained Tadase.

"Yes, I've heard. And…you wish to see him?" he was looking intently at Amu, and wanted to hear her answer.

"I…" Before Amu could reply, Tadase had cut in.

"He left not too long ago, and we're just awaiting his return." He told Hiro.

"I see." Stated Hiro and then he looked at Amu and asked "You seem very eager to see him. Is something going on between the two of you?"

"Why the sudden question?" asked Amu suddenly, she just blurted it out without thinking because she wanted to know why it felt like Hiro was suddenly interrogating her!

Hiro was shocked, and I guess he had to expect this. He was after all, questioning her about her personal life. "I was just curious, that's all." He told her with another smile.

"I see." Said Amu.

"So, would you care to kindly answer my question?" he asked her. Not in a mean and demanding way, rather in a sweet way, which kind of sent chills down Amu's spine. Tadase didn't seem to take this to his liking either.

"Well, actually…Ikuto is…" before she could answer, she felt Tadase pull her away.

"Amu-chan! We have to get going." He told her and then he turned to face Hiro quickly, giving him a quick smile before speaking. "We apologize for our sudden leave Hiro-san, but it's quite urgent."

"Wait!" Hiro was supposed to stop them, but they just ran off and left him standing there alone. Suddenly, he was furious. He wanted to know what was with Ikuto and Amu, and how it bothere him so much to find out. "Don't worry…I'll find out eventually…." He muttered to himself with a sudden smirk on his face…

Amu was dragged by Tadase to who knows where as he started to slow down. Technically, he had no idea where they were heading, but frankly, he didn't care. All he knew was that they had to get as far away from Hiro as possible.

"Tadase! What was all that about?" Amu asked panting a bit from all the running.

"I'm sorry for pulling you away like that. But…I was starting to feel uncomfortable." Said Tadase.

"I was too, and I guess I have to thank you for pulling me away from him…but you suddenly dragged me out of there just when I was about to answer his question." Said Amu.

"Amu-chan, I don't want you to think that it's any of my business, but I don't think telling him about Ikuto-nii being your fiancée is a good idea." He told her honestly "Something tells me that's something he doesn't want to know."

"Why is that?" asked Amu.

"Didn't you notice that his questions were becoming too…personal?" asked Tadase.

"Yeah I did, but I figured that if he knew about Ikuto and me, then he'd stop asking me about it." Said Amu with a sigh. She just wanted Hiro to stop interrogating her.

Tadase shook his head and replied "I don't think that it would be that simple to make him stop. He seemed persistent earlier and it's not worth the risk just yet. I suggest we talk to Ikuto-nii about this first."

"Talk to me about what?" The two them turned to see Ikuto there with a small smirk on his face. He smiled at the two shocked faces he saw in front of him.

"Ikuto!" exclaimed Amu.

"Ikuto-nii! You're back!" said Tadase. In front of Hiro, Tadase told Amu that Ikuto was about to return just so they could get away, he never would have expected it to be true.

"I just got back actually." Said Ikuto "So, what's this about something you have to talk to me about?" he asked.

"Well… you see…about Hiro-san…" started Tadase.

"Hiro? Again?" Ikuto asked quizzically. He's been hearing Hiro's name a lot lately and not once has it been good news to him. And Ikuto highly doubted that things were going to change now…

"Yeah, well we bumped into him while we were walking in the gardens…" As Amu said this, she wondered to herself if she should avoid going to the gardens now, it would be a good way for her to avoid Hiro.

"You seem to be bumping into him a lot lately." Stated Ikuto "So? What happened?" he asked, looking from Tadase to Amu.

"You see…" before Tadase could explain further, they were once again, interrupted.

"So, this is the famous Tsukiyomi Ikuto? I must say…I'm honored to finally meet you in person" It was Hiro and he spoke with a small smile.

"There it is again! Another switch from his previous attitude!" Amu thought "What is with this guy?"

Ikuto raised an eyebrow, and then, he spoke "And from the looks of it…you must be Hiro."

"That's right. A pleasure." Replied Hiro.

"…" Ikuto didn't speak as he continued to observe Hiro.

Meanwhile, Amu and Tadase didn't like how the situation was turning out. They could feel the tension between the two. "Hiro-san followed us? Why?"Tadase wondered.

"Ikuto…" Amu muttered.

Hiro smiled as he looked at Ikuto and then he shot a glance at Amu giving her a small smile. This didn't go unnoticed by Ikuto or by Tadase. As the two were just staring at each other, one thought had passed Ikuto, Amu and Tadase's mind "What is Hiro up to?"

It's Ikuto and Hiro's first encounter, and it doesn't seem like it's going off to a good start. With this much tension between the two, what can someone like Amu do now? Why is Hiro so interested in knowing about Amu and what's with all his personalities? Now, what's Ikuto going to do with his first ever meeting with Hiro?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.5K 214 7
ikuto's finally returned but he returns... with his fiance? what will Amu do to get him back?
20.9K 757 13
Ikuto met a girl by the seaside on one of his walks. He approached her, but was too late. She disappeared as soon as he was near her. He became crazy...
20K 521 11
Crystal, Ikuto, Amu, Tadase, Utau, Rima, and Nagihiko have arrived in Paris! New experiences and adventures will approach them in "The City of Love"...
64.8K 1.4K 11
Crystal is a new student at Comet High. She doesn't know that she is special since she has three Shugo Charas, just like Amu. Legend says, "Another...