Dreaming of a Blue Box | The...

By KleeAlise11

{ORIGINAL VERSION} "Why did you take my necklace?" "Because I wanted you to follow me." <3 Imagine that th... More

Before You Read
Note from the Author
Extended Summary
The Doctor & Lily
Cast
The Doctors Edits
The Companions Edits
Playlist
Themes
Prologue
Lily & Rose - I
Lily & Rose - II
Lily & Rose - III
Lily & Rose - IV
Lily & Rose - V (Final)
The End of the World - I
The End of the World - III
The End of the World - IV
The End of the World - V (Final)
The Unquiet Dead - I
The Unquiet Dead - II
The Unquiet Dead - III
The Unquiet Dead - IV
The Unquiet Dead - V (Final)
Welcome Home Girls
Aliens of London - I
Aliens of London - II
Aliens of London - III
Aliens of London - IV
Aliens of London - V (Final)
World War III - I
World War III - II
World War III - III
World War III - IV
World War III - V (Final)
Dalek - I
Dalek - II
Dalek - III
Dalek - IV
Dalek - V (Final)
The Long Game - I
The Long Game - II
The Long Game - III
The Long Game - IV
The Long Game - V (Final)
Father's Day - I
Father's Day - II
Father's Day - III
Father's Day - IV
Father's Day - V (Final)
Harkness & Carter
The Empty Child - I
The Empty Child - II
The Empty Child - III
The Empty Child - IV
The Empty Child - V (Final)
The Doctor Dances - I
The Doctor Dances - II
The Doctor Dances - III
The Doctor Dances - IV
The Doctor Dances - V (Final)
Beauty and the Beast
Boomtown - I
Boomtown - II
Boomtown - III
Boomtown - IV
Boomtown - V (Final)
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - I
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - II
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - III
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - IV
The Lone Wolf & The Bad Wolf - V (Final)
The Parting of Ways - I
The Parting of Ways - II
The Parting of Ways - III
The Parting of Ways - IV
The Parting of Ways - V (Final)
Epilogue
DISCONTINUED

The End of the World - II

9.5K 377 140
By KleeAlise11

Continue from The End of the World - I

---

"We have in attendance the Doctor, Lily Carter and Rose Tyler." The Steward begun talking at the podium. "Thank you! All staff to their positions." The trio watched as more blue people in what seemed to be like an army of guards swarmed the room. "Hurry, now, thank you. Quick as we can! Come along, come along!" He rushed them before continuing on. "And now, might I introduce the next honoured guest? Representing the Forest of Cheam, we have trees, namely, Jabe, Lute and Coffa."

The Steward continued as the human like trees entered. "There will be an exchange of gifts representing peace. If you could keep the room circulating, thank you. Next, from the solicitors Jolco and Jolco, we have the Moxx of Balhoon."

Lily, along with Rose, didn't think the aliens could get any weird. Boy, they were wrong. The pairs eyebrows shot up when a fat blue alien on apparently some kind of hover chair entered behind. "And next, from Financial Family Seven, we have the Adherents of the Repeated Meme."

While the steward carried on, the group of tree people approached. "The gift of peace." Jabe spoke, giving her head a small bow. She took one of the plants one of her accomplices had. "I give you a cutting of my grandfather."

It was as if she didn't see the Doctor and Rose. She paid all her attention to Lily as she handed her the small plant. Graciously taking it, she looked at the Doctor for some sort of help. But he stood by, chuckling along with Rose.

"Oh um . . thank you." She let out a small smile to show gratitude and as a sign for them to leave. Although, they didn't. Lily saw all three of them staring at her. Noticing she was suppose to give Jabe a gift as well she let out a small gasp.

"Oh! Right . . gifts! Uh," She tried to quickly think of something. She had assumed the Doctor may have nothing given he didn't step in to help. Or he was just to busy holding in his laughs with her sister.

Looking down at the tree in her hands a lightbulb went off. "Right! Trees? Oxygen? Um . . I, Lily Carter, give you air from my lungs?" She wanted to sound regal but it came out to sound like a question.

The Doctor and Rose watched with widen eyes as Lily pursed her lips, lightly blowing on the female tree. Jabe breathed Lily's carbon dioxide in, giving her a smile.

"Oh," she spoke. "How intimate."

"Yeah . ." Lily was getting strange vibes from her so she took a small step back. "Well there's more where that came from?"

Jabe returned with a slight smile. "I'll remember that." And then walked away along with her companions.

"Well, well, well," Rose nudged Lily's shoulder. "Is it getting hot in here Lils?"

Lily looked over at her in disbelief handing her the gift she had received. "Rose. She's a tree."

"Really?" Rose took another look at Jabe who was on the other end of the room. "I couldn't tell."

"The dress didn't give it away?"

"From the Silver Devastation," the man interrupted. "the sponsor of the main event, please welcome the Face of Boe!"

When the giant head in a water tank Rose was slightly weirded out but Lily was in wonder of how that was possible. "How?"

"The first of many questions you will have my dear Lillian."

Lily looked around after hearing her name being said but couldn't find the culprit. No one seemed to be talking about her nor looking at her so she shrugged and turned back to the Doctor.

"The Moxx of Balhoon!" the Doctor said with glee as the small blue alien approached.

"My felicitations on this historical happenstance. I give you the gift of bodily salivas." His voice was hard to understand. Although, there was one thing they understood. The spit that flew in Rose's eye.

"Oh my god!" Lily laughed. "That's what you get for making fun of my gift."

Rose returned her statement by wiping the spit from her eye onto Lily's sleeve. She lightly pushed her shoulder, gasping in disbelief at what she did.

"Thank you very much." The Doctor grinned before the Moxx backed away.

"Ah! The Adherents of the Repeated Meme." The Doctor spoke quickly as they walked up to them. Winking at Lily, he turned backed to the cloaked aliens. "I give you air from my lungs." He breathed on them less gracefully than Lily did making her let out a small laugh.

"A gift of peace in all good faith," the middle Adherents replied in an eerie voice. It held out a silver ball in its three claw hand. The Doctor took it, tossed it in the air. He then caught it and handed it to Rose since she was the closest by.

"And last but not least, our very special guest." The Steward spoke. "Ladies and gentlemen, and trees and multiforms, consider the Earth below. In memory of this dying world, we call forth the last Human." Rose's jaw dropped as a thin piece of skin with a face rolled in. Lily was stunned, widening her eyes at the scene. "The Lady Cassandra O'Brien Dot Delta Seventeen."

"That can't be a human," Lily whispered to the Doctor so Cassandra wouldn't hear. "She doesn't look human in anyway."

"She may not look human," The Doctor leaned down to softly talk in her ear. "But she's the last to be born on Earth. Her appearance was only altered a bit."

"A bit?" Rose commented and then started to walk towards her. Lily went to follow but the Doctor grabbed her arm pulling her back. She didn't ask why. He must have a good reason for keeping her at his side so she decided to keep a close eye on Rose.

"Oh, now, don't stare. I know, I know it's shocking, isn't it?" Cassandra spoke as she was rolled in by her two accomplices. "I've had my chin completely taken away and look at the difference. Look how thin I am. Thin and dainty. I don't look a day over two thousand. Moisturise me. Moisturise me."

"I think they took away a little more than her chin, don't you think?" Lily asked the Doctor as Cassandra was doused in the water her companions kept in spray bottles.

He showed a grin at her while Cassandra continued. "Truly, I am the last Human. My father was a Texan, my mother was from the Arctic Desert. They were born on the Earth and were the last to be buried in its soil. I have come to honour them and say goodbye." she began to sniffle. "Oh, no tears, no tears." one of the two men wiped what seemed to be her eye. "I'm sorry. But behold, I bring gifts. From Earth itself, the last remaining ostrich egg."

"What is she doing?" Lily worried about Rose who was now behind Cassandra, looking through her mouth. "Should we go get her?"

"No," the Doctor answered. "If she didn't get killed already they don't mind her walking around."

"Wait, she could be killed?" he caught her attention. "Doctor?"

"Legend says it had a wingspan of fifty feet and blew fire from its nostrils." Lily's eyebrow raised. She may have been born on Earth but she's not exactly knowledgeable about it. "Or was that my third husband?" The Doctor let out a small laugh. "Oh, no. Oh, don't laugh. I'll get laughter lines. And here, another rarity." She continued. "According to the archives, this was called an iPod. It stores classical music from humanity's greatest composers."

Lily rolled her eyes as a 50's jukebox was rolled in. "Clearly she knows nothing of Earth's history." She spoke quietly to the Doctor. "That's a 1950's jukebox. Far away from an ipod. I should know."

"Why's that?"

"Well the 50's are kinda my favorite decade?" Lily was never asked that question so it took her for surprise. "It's after the Great Depression in the 30's and World War II in the 40's. Everyone was all happy and the pastel colors were beautiful. It was a great time to be alive after all the trauma the went through."

The Doctor took a long look at her. He really admired any human who enjoyed history and loved to learn about it. Lily seemed to like just that. Add that to the list of things he loved about her.

When the tune of Tainted Love by Soft Cell started to play out from the speakers Rose felt as if she was suffocating. Looking around at all the aliens around her she couldn't think straight. Lily may be used to this by now but not Rose. She held the gifts they received and ran out the door away from Lily and the Doctor.

"Doctor!" Lily tried to get the Time Lord's attention who was dancing along to the music. "Rose, she ran out."

"It's okay." He waves her off. "We'll find her. Come on." He grabbed her hand and started to guide her through the crowd of aliens.

"Miss Carter?" They were stopped by Jabe who flashed something in both of their eyes. "Thank you." The Doctor shook it off and continued to pull Lily to the door.

Before she fully pulled her through the doorway Lily took a look over at a giant head in a glass container. It seemed to be frowning at her in worry and sorrow. Lily's eyebrows scrunched together before leaving the gallery along with her alien friend.

──── {⋅. .⋅} ────

Please leave your wonderful comments below and don't forget to vote :)

- KleeAlise11

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.7K 2.7K 27
I am The Bad Wolf, and I will never forgive the Doctor for making me this way... I don't know how it happened, but I do know that the Doctor...
38.4K 1.3K 56
"What do you want, Ella?" "Earlier, you said you don't have someone. Let me be your someone ... Besides without Ro and I, you'd be dead." In which a...
1K 33 21
Stranded alone after the Last Great Time War. Alone with the grief and guilt. One hundred years alone on Earth, forced to become like everyone else...
111 6 9
when the 14th doctors plan to take the nobles and the temples on holiday goes wrong, he ends up somewhere he never thought he would ever be again, an...