Broken Bride ✔ {EDITING}

By Brokenbutterfly420

Colton Bertenelli believes every women is a gold digger, liar, cheater, and will leave you at the end, all al... More

About the book
Cast
The party - 1
Dinner - 2
The Merge - 3
Spilled the tea, thrice - 4
Memories - 6
The Wedding - 7
Honeymoon in the Conference room - 8
Couples toggle war - 9
Invitation -10
Drunk - 11
Blood and Smoke -12
Had to let go -13
Cure -14
The Run away - 15
Doomed into Darkness - 16
Wake up Call to reality - 17
Epilogue (18) - New Beginnings

Don't do it - 5

19.4K 555 306
By Brokenbutterfly420

Colton's P.O.V

🌸VOTE AND COMMENT🌸

I am walking towards Henry's office right now, to give him a surprise that I have for him. For a man who acts so entitled and ignorant he sure is an idiot.

When I gave him the papers of the deal, he signs the contract without hesitating but what he wasn't aware of was the fact that I added a one major condition that was sure going to blow up his mind. My father negotiated with him, and went over everything but I kept this one condition to myself that I added in the papers later on, which he didn't double check.

Not my fault.

The blow to the contract or Henry's life - might I add was If Serene asks for a divorce, I will become the CEO of both of the companies. This contract benfitted me both ways. It was my way of trapping her, to keep my promise to her. Or maybe if she does decided to leave, I get all the shares. I will treat her just the way I want to. But knowing her she will never be able to divorce me.

They will be going down either way.

I was greeted by the flirty look on the secretary, ignoring her I walked in without knocking.

Henry's stern eyes turns soft when he looks up at me, "Colton, what a surprise, what got you to come by and see me."

He seems a little too happy for my liking. Soon he won't be when I tell him why I am here.

I came to tell him about the term I have added in the contract that he signed without doing his homework. He was left out of the loop, and I wanted to show him the papers again.

"I have something for you. Contract papers." I stated the obvious.

"Oh but we already went through them, and signed them."

I nodded, "Yes we have but you skimmed through the pages, Henry. I suggest you double check." His brows were forrowed looking confused.

"Well I trust you and your father so I don't see the need of double checking. The deal is sealed, what am I missing anyway?"

He motions for me to sit, which I didn't want to. I am planning on making this visit end really quick but I take the seat anyway. 
"I had my lawyer add one more condition, that you aren't aware of I think." I throw the file on the desk, towards him.

"Well what do we have? Whatever it is -" he chuckled seeming very nervous," it might be good for us."

Make yourself feel better all you want, baldy.

"Well why don't you look for yourself. I was hoping you would go through the papers like you would Henry but you didn't." I almost tsked but the look on his face made me smirk like an evil bastard I was.

"Turn to page 10." I signaled with my head, waiting for the look on his face that I would pay to see any day. He brought this upon himself.

He opens up the file, and after a few moments, the color drains out of his face. He opened his mouth to speak but nothing came out. Instead muttered, stuttering words came out, in a hoarse whisper. Making me chuckle, I beat him to it.

"Now you can't back out, a deal is a deal right? Because if you try to terminate the contract, it will cause you a lot of damage, and it won't do you any good. And I'll make sure of it."

He was quiet, because he knew that this contract came in form of damage. A very big one at that. He would have a lot to pay. I would make sure he would be held responsible cause he was the one to stir up such a nasty idea.

"Henry, we know you came up with this proposal for your own good. You're one greedy man, it's disgusting how you would use your daughter in this -"

"You son of a -"

I held up my finger at him, glaring," don't cut me off again. Look you wanted this, along with your daughter, let's see how long she can keep up with me, with the way I will treat her. It's all up to her now."

I feel so smug right now. I want to fuckin' pound my chest with pride.

I give him a firm nod, I get up, and walk out of his office, leaving behind one hell of a pissed off man. If looks can kill, I'd be six feet under by now.

📚📚📚

Serene's P.O.V

"Alex, I appreciate you looking out for me but I know what I want." I try to reason with him because Alex wants me to rethink my decision, before I regret it.

"I know..." He sighs, "but I don't think he'll ever love you back. He has other motives to this whole proposal."

Alex knew his best friend better than anyone, and he really cared for me, or actually anyone he loved.

"I am aware, Alex. I really appreciate you looking out for me, thank you but I want this...I want him."

There was a pause on the other line, until he spoke up, "Okay....I will support you guys no matter what, but just know what you're getting into. I have to go now, I'll talk to you later Serene."

I told him goodbye, after hanging up I throw my head back on the pillow, so many thoughts and emotions running through my head. I groan.

I explained to Alex that everything will be fine, he will be an amazing husband. Yet, he wants to talk me out of it. He just won't let both of the people he care about, ruin their lives; his words. Even the girls, Rose, Candy and Bella, were happy for me but Alex being the damn lawyer, I call him a lawyer since he talks like one, he brainwashed the girls and now they're onto me too.

Why don't they understand, I love Colton he's the only one who I have imagine to spend my life with. Everyone is scared for me, they want me to rethink over this proposal, I know that they're not so happy for me but this is my life, I don't care. The girls are worried but my constant arguments and when I try to reason with them, they give in because of my stubbornness. I hope I don't regret this but then I am willing to adjust, and compromise anything for him. Bite me.

I feel scared deep down but when I think about him, all those doubts vanish making me stand my ground and I'll be damned if I let anyone talk me out of this. If anything happens I will have myself to blame. The knock on my door interrupts my thoughts.

"Come in," I mumble too tired emotionally and physically to even to move a finger, but dad's pained expression makes me sit up instantly.

"Hey Dad, are you okay?" He shakes his head, almost absentmindedly.

"I wanted to talk to you," he sighs deeply, while sitting next to me. "I love you, and I am so sorry....I-"

"Dad why are you apologizing? What happened?" I set my hand on his shoulder giving him a comforting squeeze.

"I promised your mother that I would do anything for you that would be fair to you and I would always put your happiness before mine."

His voice cracks at the last part, regret fills his eyes. Tears welled up in my eyes, just by looking at his depressed state.

"Dad...and you did fulfill those promises." I stated softly.

He shakes his head," No I didn't, out of my greediness, and for my happiness; the company. I dragged you into this. I never even asked you for your permission before making the deal with John."

Oh god, so this is about the whole proposal, I hope he doesn't break it.

"You didn't drag me into this, you know I wanted this, wanted Colton. I am happy, don't be sad. Please."

His face falls, he gives me a very serious, almost angered look, that almost made me pee in my pants. What the hell did I say that was wrong?

"When we came up with this idea of the merge, John agreed and after a few days we signed a contract that once the CEO, Colton, is engaged our companies are merged. There really isn't going back.."

His voice is hoarse. Swallowing the lump and he takes a deep breathe. I stay quiet, taking everything in. I feel really bad for him right now, but very confuse at the same time. Where is this going?

His head falls, he continues," if you ask for a divorce, Colton will become the CEO of both of the companies, and I wasn't aware about this, apparently, Colton added more then I was aware of." His face mirrors with so much regret, anger and betrayal.

"He came into my office today, told me about the new information. Colton also told me very harsh things, that made me want to rip the contract and his head off."

His nostril flared with so much anger," he's such a bastard, I can't take anything back now it's too late."

I felt a pang of hurt. I can't believe Colton would tell him stuff and do that after the deal has been signed. Colton can be the only person to have the nerves to talk to my dad like that, he definitely isn't happy about this. He can be very respectful but I guess you should never get on his bad side. I was about to say something, anything to comfort him but my mind is jumbled from the anger I felt.

"I am so sorry, sweetheart. He isn't the man I knew, he's not the same. If I could, I would terminate the contract but I will lose a lot of things, in my business, everything that I started from scratch."

He seemed to rethink what he said instantly, "You know what -."

Putting my arms around his shoulder I hug him tight, "it's okay dad, I know we're in a tough spot but everything will be fine. This is me were talking about," I let out a small breathy sigh, "I will make this marriage work, you know I won't give up and I am definitely going to put him in his place for the things he has put you through."

Not that I will really kick his ass. I am not capable of that.

"No Serene listen, we can manage I have a few other shares with other companies. I don't care about the whole contract. I just want to break this engagement, don't do it. I won't break your mother's promise." He said it sternly. Making me shock, my heart dropped. No, no, no.

Okay I get it, what he did to my father was wrong, but dad mostly did this for himself then me, and now he can't do everything on his accord. I get up and take a defensive stand infront of my dad.

"You know dad, If we look at the whole situation, Colton got forced, he didn't want this. He has a right to be mad. This was a great opportunity for me, because I love him. Otherwise this was yours and John's plan."

Dad abruptly got up, as well. Seeming tense at my confrontation.

"And I am aware of that Serene but I won't let this man control my business along with your life." He said it with authority.

I shook my head, vigorously," No. I am sorry dad, but he is who I want. Like you said, mother would want whatever made me happy. This could've been right, but you and John took the wrong steps, you could've took the right turn instead of going straight for the business deal. You should've thought about that then, and talked to me about it."

I almost shrugged. Really, If he thought about all of this, his business wouldn't be juggling right now. This could've been anyone, not just Colton that I would be marrying right now.

"Serene! I care about you and my business. I will talk to John, about this but for right now I want you to say no and because he's not the man for you. Listen to me!" He yelled, taking couple strides towards me, turning red with anger.

"I am sorry dad, you should've thought about that but either way if it was business or not, he is who I want and will marry. He makes me happy, I am sorry." I stated slowly, casting my eyes down, out of fear and feeling a bile rise in my throat to talk to my dad like that, but I have to, it's now or never.

I heard him scoff, "I made a big mistake but I was willing to fix it, but I hope you don't regret it because if anything happens, don't come back to me."

His statement made my heart drop, I felt the blood drop from my face and the heat of fear and emotions rose to my head. If I took a look in the mirror I would be pale as a ghost. Tears welled my eyes, but I just stared at him. He walks out of my room and shuts the door, hard.

☾☽ ☾☽ ☾☽

I sniffle, trying to control my sobs, while Rose rubs my back soothingly. I told her about everything and she was lost for words too.

" You are so stubborn, dammit. But if this makes you happy then do it." She said it quietly, I can hear the denial in her voice. She wants me out of it.

I nodded, pulling away from her shoulder, wiping my nose with my forearm. Candy walks in with brownies, popcorn, hot Cheetos, and some candies for the girls night. I called Candy as well.

"You know, I get it Colton is pretty fucked up but he will be fine, I mean who can't like you Serene. You're funny, gorgeous, smart and crazy and possessive at times, but that's beside the point." She giggles, making me smile at her.

They always knew how to make me feel better. She throws the hot Cheetos bag at me, and I dump some of them in the bowl, squeezing lemon on it, and pouring some hot sauce. Perfection. My mouth watered.

"It's your dad's fault anyway-"

"Shut it Candy," Rose cuts her off, glaring at her, "His intentions were right, when it came to Serene-"

Candy cuts her off this time, "yeah but wrong at the same time, since he thought 'bout his business more, and the way he handled the situation was wrong too."

"You both have a point." I said with my mouth full. "But I am still going to do what I want, if this wasn't Colton my dad would still wanted me to say yes for this deal, but you guys know I wouldn't." I shrugged.

We decided to just drop the topic here, and Candy put the movie on 'Magic Mike' which we already watched so many times, but when you're feeling down, sexy guys and your best friends always lifted the spirit, with junk food, of course. We got comfortable on the bed, I settled in the middle, Rose and Candy on either side of me.

We were in the middle of the movie, when the door abruptly opened, Jake's dirty blonde hair coming in sight.

"What the hell Candy!?" He yells, making Candy jump along with me. I was so lost in the sight of Channing Tatum, stripping. His booming voice scared me.

"Dude calm down!" I yell back.

What the hell was his problem?

"It's 8:30, and our date was at 7:30. I waited like a damn idiot for an hour and you're here watching a movie." He states, incredulously.

Oh shit, she was in trouble. Jake is never patient. He never got bailed. And he was pretty annoyed right now. Candy literally rolled out of the bed, in a hurry, falling on the ground with a thud. She quickly gets up and starts apologizing. Rose and I are staring at each other with eyes wide open, holding back our laughter.

"I am so sorry, Jake. Serene called me and came over, she needed some comfort and I totally forgot about our date." She mutters, nervously.

Jake glares at me. I feel guilty right now but I don't show it.

I furrow my brows at him, "Well I didn't know you guys had a date. Stop glaring, and I'm sorry."
I rolled my eyes at him. I feel really bad, If I would've known I would've went over at Rose's, instead.

"It's okay, Serene not your fault. Candy you should've told her. And Jake get over it, this night was much needed for us." Rose trying so hard not to laugh at her brother. Jake just shakes his head, and walked out of Candy's room with Candy on tow.

We burst out laughing. "Oh god, Jake got bailed, and Candy is so naive I can't believe she forgot." Rose finishes with a small laugh.

"Honestly I feel bad cause I think she bailed on him for me, and I appreciate that." Candy was a sweetheart.

"Oh well they'll makeup for it," Rose wiggles her brows knowingly. I chuckle. "Plus sisters before misters."

Rose Plays the movie again and Candy walks back in after some time.

"Hey re-wind," we hear candy say, walking in with red, swollen lips and a few strands sticking up in weird direction, while she runs her hands through her hair.

I smirk at Candy, "Made out? For what you have done to poor Jake Hensley, he deserved more than that like sucking his -"

"Do not complete that sentence, ewww!" Rose grimace playfully, making Candy and I laugh. She settles in her place comfortably, again, and resumes the movie.

"Candy, is he okay now?"

"Oh yeah, we decided on going tomorrow. Don't worry about it."

She noticed the worried look on my face, I hope they work out because they really deserve eachother. Whenever I am surrounded by them, most of my problems washes off of me.

🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸🌸

Happy 4th of July!!🇺🇸

First I was busy, then got lazy, then got sick/cold. And Now I get to write a chapter. Not that it matters to you guys. Lol well I hope it's good enough.

Comment and Vote. Pwease!😌

[EDITED]

Love you guys!! 😘

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1M 162K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
8 0 69
Everything was as I wanted it; happy family, great friends, love and kindness in my life...everything was perfect. Until it wasn't. That one fateful...
100K 4K 39
"It's too complicated. I'm just too...fragile. I can't be with you." "Fragile, my ass. You just don't want to take the chance of letting someone in...
9.5K 331 20
Miserable. The one word I would use to describe my life. Someone else's view may think I am crazy and want my life but to me, miserable describes my...