INIQUITOUS

By Swadisky

"You're going to make me do bad things to you, sweetheart." | Frank Rider is the new teacher. His favourite w... More

COPYRIGHT
CHAPTER I
CHAPTER II
CHAPTER III
CHAPTER IV
CHAPTER V
CHAPTER VI
CHAPTER VII
CHAPTER VIII
CHAPTER IX
CHAPTER X
CHAPTER XI
CHAPTER XII
CHAPTER XIII
CHAPTER XIV
CHAPTER XV
CHAPTER XVI
CHAPTER XVII
CHAPTER XVIII
CHAPTER XIX
CHAPTER XX
CHAPTER XXI
CHAPTER XXII
CHAPTER XXIII
CHAPTER XXIV
CHAPTER XXV
CHAPTER XXVI
CHAPTER XXVII
CHAPTER XXVIII
CHAPTER XXIX
CHAPTER XXX
CHAPTER XXXI
Chapter XXXII
CHAPTER XXXIII
CHAPTER XXXIV
CHAPTER XXXV
CHAPTER XXXVI
CHAPTER XXXVII
CHAPTER XXXVIII
CHAPTER XXXIX
CHAPTER XL
CHAPTER XLI
CHAPTER XLII
CHAPTER XLIII
CHAPTER XLIV
CHAPTER XLV
CHAPTER XLVI
CHAPTER XLVII
CHAPTER XLVIII
CHAPTER XLIX
CHAPTER L
CHAPTER LI
CHAPTER LII
CHAPTER LIII
CHAPTER LIV
CHAPTER LV
CHAPTER LVI
CHAPTER LVII
CHAPTER LVIII
CHAPTER LIX
CHAPTER LX
CHAPTER LXI
CHAPTER LXII
CHAPTER LXIII
CHAPTER LXIV
CHAPTER LXV
CHAPTER LXVI
CHAPTER LXVII
CHAPTER LXVIII
CHAPTER LXIX
CHAPTER LXX
CHAPTER LXXI
CHAPTER LXXII
CHAPTER LXXIII
CHAPTER LXXIV
CHAPTER LXXV
CHAPTER LXXVI
CHAPTER LXXIX
CHAPTER LXXIX

CHAPTER LXXVII

3.6K 177 85
By Swadisky

CHAPTER LXXVII
The final bell had rung half an hour ago. Mr. Rider was sat at the front of the classroom with his ankles crossed. He threw a board marker up in the air and caught it with ease. Hooded forest-green eyes were slanted slightly, roaming the classroom full of tired and grouchy students. "Aside from Cleo, the front row may leave. Quietly." Students rushed from the class.

"Sucks to be you," Velvet crammed her textbook and papers in her bag, pushing her flyaway hairs behind her ears. "See ya."

"Aside from Mr. Griffin and Mr. Fox, the second row and third row may leave."

Insentiently, I leaned against the wall, angled towards the classroom behind me, and watched unattentively as the students hurried from their seats.

A classmate with an ego as large as a boulder deliberately brushed hands with a classmate bedecked in varying shades of black as she passed by him. A thin veil of hair obscured her face as she creased her expression in confusion but not before she noticeably flinched from the small contact. Her head raised and beady black eyes met my fixed gaze briefly and then she scurried from the classroom, her skirt swishing around her legs.

"Jealous?" Xander taunted, leaning forward in his chair. The back legs were lifted from the ground. I hoped he would topple forth and slam his chin onto his desk, biting his tongue and flooding his mouth with blood. He remained steady, teasing blue eyes alight with mirth.

"Of Oran?" My contempt was made clear.

Leif delayed the back row from leaving as he strayed at the front of the classroom, a handful of half-completed homework booklets in his hands, querying Mr. Rider on his answers.

"You'll always be my number one."

"I'm a little too old for you, don't you think?" I raked my gaze across his face, searching and failing to find what I was seeking. He was incredibly disappointing to look at. I was a hair's width away from losing interest completely. "Maybe if I had pigtails, braces and a flat chest."

His gaze dipped as his voice lowered in desire. "You're fine as you are. Finer than China."

I cringed. "Staining your pants in the middle of school is a new low even for you."

"How about we take this elsewhere?"

"I'm going to tick the box for never-going-to-fucking-happen."

"Our private messages say otherwise."

"Which?" I cocked an eyebrow in challenge. "I haven't accepted a single request from you. Unless you're talking to a catfish account."

"Give it up." Zachery advised from behind him.

"We all know who's the queen of catfish." My gaze flickered over to Leif who was heavily engrossed in whatever explanation Mr. Rider was giving him for section two, part B. "Does his dirty talk make you hard? Are you jerking yourself off to the sounds of his soft breaths? We all know he can pass off as feminine. Just ask Velvet."

"I can see him as a woman," Rodger mused, head cocked slightly, intent gaze fixed on him. "He's got soft features. Grow his hair out, tame his eyebrows, a little concealer here and a little blush there and a dab of mascara, and all of a sudden, he's Leanne instead of Leif. He's very innocent-looking. Give him a red sucker to suck on and those big doe-like eyes will sway any man."

"Speak for your fucking self," Zachery leaned away from him, expression grimaced in revulsion. "I'm not gay."

"Yeah, we get it," Rodger rolled his eyes skyward, "you like big tits and Grand Theft Auto. Relax. I'm talking about Xander."

"I'm not a fucking faggot."

"Of course you aren't, sweetie," Rodger said in a sickly-sweet tone, caustic.

"If you didn't carry around racks as loose change, I would empty a magazine in your chest."

"What is it with white boys and school shootings?" Rodger eyed him warily. "If you weren't such a stereotypical character, I'd be worried. Too bad you're the type to date-rape a twelve-year-old at her first winter dance. Talking about dances, is anyone going? I hear the birthday girl's cabin trip is on the same day."

"Can I come?" Hannah, the fanatic One Direction groupie asked from the table beside Winnie. She was a normal basic-looking white girl. Except she had tattoos of all five-six-whatever fucking members there were on her arms of the men in the boyband. She was heads over heels obsessed and the fact that a grown ass adult woman was writing Fanfiction of a boyband was a major red flag. She was definitely a no-go area. 

Eyes flitted to her.

"I'm going to need a ride there," Xander said.

"Um. Hello?" Hannah furrowed her brow, annoyed that everyone had completely ignored her.

"I've got a spare seat," Rodger said.

"I need a ride, too," Zachery said, spinning his basketball between his fingertips and almost dropping the ball. "You driving, Cleo?"

I shook my head. "Winnie is. We'll pick you up on the way. Wanageeska from Chemistry class is coming with us and Velvet, too."

"Winnie's got a little steam coming out of her ears," Zachery glanced her way, "what's up with her?"

"Why not ask me instead of talking about me like I'm not here?" Winnie barked, heavy browed. She had been surly ever since she had stepped in the classroom and she quietly stewed in her bad temper.

"Jesus gave her some bad news this morning," I met her hard gaze coolly. "She's lashing out at the wrong people. Give her some time. She'll cool off." She had to be dense to not understand I was speaking directly to her.

"Enough talking." Mr. Rider leaned against his desk, ass perched on the edge, arms crossed after dismissing Leif. "Aside from Huehnergard, the final row can leave. Push your chair under the desk before you leave, Zachery. Face the front, Cleo."

The door to the classroom rattled in its frame as the final student left. "Why are you still here, Rodger?"

"Barney's my ride home, sir. I'm waiting for him."

"Not in my classroom you aren't,"

"This is racism."

Frank, who was pretty much the same shade as Rodger, sighed heavily. He wasn't amused whatsoever. His expression was unpleasant and heavy-lidded green eyes stared down at Rodger who squirmed uncomfortably. "Rodger."

"Yes, sir?"

"Leave."

"Yes sir, of course, sir, right away, sir," Rodger shot up, fumbling with his belongings and having trouble with shoving his textbook in his backpack. After many unsuccessful attempts, Rodger upended his backpack and a surge of papers and pens and forgotten sour candies hit his desk and the floor. He grabbed his textbook with one hand, shoved it successfully into his backpack and grinned in triumph. "There!"

Mr. Rider stared at him in disbelief. "Was there really any other way you could've done that without emptying your bag across the classroom? Help him, Fox, before I convince myself to transfer him to the Special Needs class."

Xander gathered his papers, and stationary, taking his backpack from him and shoving his schoolwork inside without a care. "Thanks for the Twizzlers," he flashed a quick smile, forcefully hitting Rodger in the chest with his backpack. "Now fuck off."

Rodger looked at the front of the classroom for help. "I'd like to file a report on the theft of my property."

"I didn't see anything." Frank said. "Get out."

"But–"

"Out now, Maverick!" he slammed the door after him, aggravatedly sighing. "Open your textbooks to page five-eight-three. I want exact copies of the next section by six o clock. I'll be checking your work. If I'm dissatisfied, you'll be returning tomorrow to start again. Write clearly. What is it, Fox?"

"Sir, that's eight pages of texts to copy. It's in a small font, too."

"It's not an infeasible task."

"To you, maybe,"

"Then you better get started." He sat down behind his desk, opening his laptop. He exhaled, shoulders sinking in, and his gaze collided with mine. He became chafed with irritation at my refusal to look away, jaw hardening. His expression curled up in distaste.

I remained unaffected, ankles crossed, comfortably leaning against the chair. My curious stare was steadfast, coercing him to play an online dress-up game. His suit changed to a stitched brown sweater. There were grey patches in his beard. Weary lines of exhaustion on his forehead. A troubled tilt to his mouth. A screaming new-born in his arms as he rocked back and forth, desperate for quiet, failing to understand the shrieks and wails.

Three AM switched back to five PM. "Is there a problem, Cleo?" his voice was harsh.

"No, sir."

"Then put your head down and start writing." He was irascible.

My mouth twitched in faint amusement and he caught the change in expression, foul mood worsening. Satisfied with how easily I got under his skin, I put my nose to paper and scribbled away. 

The hour slowly trudged past, dragging its feet. Barney was first to leave, handing his paper in. Xander was next to shoot up, impatiently tapping his foot as he stood beside Frank who carefully checked through the sheets of ink. "You can leave," he finally said, and Xander rushed from the classroom, quick on the tails of Barney and Rodger.

I glanced behind.

Winnie met my gaze, arms crossed, indifferent.

I raised up out of my seat slightly, noticing she hadn't copied down a single word.

"What are you doing?" Mr. Rider demanded.

I turned around. "Nothing,"

"Finished, Huehnergard?"

"No."

Tension pulled out the remaining seats in the room, hands folded on the desk, acting as quiet, obedient students with eyes that followed every movement and ears that twitched at every sound and inhale of breath.

"Is there a problem, Huehnergard?"

"No." Her one-word responses were rude and abrupt.

"Then pick up your pen."

"I've finished," I gathered my sheets of scrawls, knowing Winnie was acting up because she wasn't planning on leaving the two of us alone in a classroom ever again.

Judging from the dirty look Mr. Rider graced me with, it was clear he came to the same realisation. He skimmed over my duplicates, and waved me away. "Go."

"I'll wait for you outside," I told Winnie as I slung my backpack over my shoulder.

"You too, Huehnergard." Frank barked. "I'll see you here every day until winter break for your insolence and disruptive behaviour in the classroom."

Winnie shrugged carelessly. "Guess you will, sir."

I waited for her at the doorway, teeth clenching together at the disrespectful tone she ended with.

"Close the door, Cleo. I need a minute with Huehnergard." Mr. Rider stood up, expression hardened, heavy-browed, and hot-tempered. His gaze never wavered from Winnie's. His stance was threatening. "Sit down."

Winnie resumed her position.

"Are you deaf!?" Mr. Rider lashed out at me furiously. "Get out! Close the damn door."

I left. In a state of unrest, I strained to hear the quiet conversation. I hoped on crossed fingers and short prayers that Frank kept a calm head despite his rising temper. All Winnie needed was a single unwanted touch or a voice that was raised too loud and she'd be running to the principal's office. I would be left to face the consequences and I couldn't risk it.

When she stepped out of the classroom, she looked at me from where I was across the hallway and smiled slightly. "Coming?" she closed the classroom door.

I furrowed my brow. "What happened?"

"My parents will be called in for a meeting about my 'antisocial' behaviour," she shrugged, pulling out her phone and glancing at the time, "are you hungry? Let's go smoke a bowl and order from Chipotle."

I followed her wordlessly until we reached her car. "What are you doing?"

"He's a rapist."

"You're making things worse for me." I said to her over the hood of her car. "You're not helping whatsoever. I'm going to need you to put the brakes on this captain save-a-hoe mission you've got going on. You're veering off into the wrong lane and you're going to crash."

"I know how to drive," she said to me, "you don't need to be afraid. I'll protect you."

I didn't respond.

Whilst Winnie was delusional with her one-track way of thinking, I wasn't away with the fairies. I knew it wasn't as simple as she thought it would be. It was only a matter of time until I found myself alone with Frank and it happened sooner than I thought it would. I had a free period the next day and after photocopying worksheets in the library, I headed up the stairs to the third floor. It was the quiet study area and was practically deserted. Choosing a private table at the back, I set my belongings down and walked to the bookshelves to find a textbook. I was sifting through the contents page, my finger on the page as I walked back when I looked up in time to see him heading towards me. His fingers latched around my waist and he pulled me to my seat. My ass hit the chair forcefully, pain scurrying up my lower back. "What the fuck is the matter with you?!" I exploded.

"Lower your damn voice, Calla." His teeth were gritted, eyes slanted and cruel. "What did you tell Huehnergard?"

"Scared?"

"You will be when your brother becomes a media sensation once more."

"You're not as threatening as you once were. How will you fare against two schoolgirls accusing you of sexual assault and violence?"

He grabbed my jaw, fingers painfully dug in. "The same as you will fare against the spotlight when your friends turn on you and you become a freak show alongside your brother. I suspect that despite this brag of confidence you put on display, you're rather camera shy." His mouth went to my ear and he hissed, hot breath against my skin. "Shut her up before I do. And I promise you, you won't like what I'll do to her."

He rose to stand, moving to leave and pausing, dark gaze flitting back to me in remembrance. "One last thing... Stop parading around as a whore and flirting in my class. You're testing my limits. I become senseless when I lose my temper. It's a side of me you've never seen, one you'll never forget should I introduce you." His hand briefly touched my cheek. "See you in detention."

***

can we have a discussion

why do some of you think its okay to say that calla deserves to be raped

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 689 49
He pulled his hands away suddenly, covering his face as he laughed at himself. "Holy shit," He breathed out in a chuckle. "What?" "I just-" He paused...
71.3K 2.9K 37
You've finally made it to your senior year in highschool. Unfortunately for you, you've been forced to change schools before the start of it, but may...
536 10 12
Regulus gets his brother out of their abusive home, but at what cost? Mature cause suicidal ideation
268K 10.7K 55
π–Έπ—ˆπ—Ž 𝖺𝗋𝖾 π–Ώπ—‹π–Ύπ—Œπ— π—ˆπ—Žπ— π—ˆπ–Ώ π–Όπ—ˆπ—…π—…π–Ύπ—€π–Ύ 𝗐𝗂𝗍𝗁 𝖺 π—†π–Ίπ—Œπ—π–Ύπ—‹π—Œ 𝗂𝗇 π–Όπ—‹π—‚π—†π—‚π—‡π—ˆπ—…π—ˆπ—€π—’. π–Έπ—ˆπ—Ž 𝖺𝗉𝗉𝗅𝗒 𝖺𝗍 π—’π—ˆπ—Žπ—‹ π—π—ˆπ—π—‡οΏ½...