We Were Blue // Completed

By xXCarryMeAwayXx

{Formally A Broken Heart Instead} Going into senior year Felicity knows one thing for certain- heartbreak can... More

0//
1//
2//
3//
4//
5//
6//
7//
8//
9//
10//
11//
12//
13//
14//
15//
Authors note:
16//
17//
18//
19//
20//
21//
22//
24//
25//
26//
27//
28//
29//
30//
31//
32//
33//
34//
35//
36//
37//
38//
39//
40//
41//
42//
43//
44//
45//
Epilogue//

23//

239 16 8
By xXCarryMeAwayXx

"The villains were always ugly in books in movies. Necessarily so, it seemed. Because of they were attractive- if their looks matched their charm and their cunning- they wouldn't only be dangerous. They would be irresistible."

-Nenia Campbell

* * *

A pale turquoise dress flows softly down my body, tickling the back of my calfs with each step. My hair twirls in gentle ringlets, crashing down my back like a waterfall hits the bottom of a stream. I look nice and sweet, too bad it's only an illusion. I snicker quietly to myself, this guy won't know what hit him when I open my mouth and start talking. 

Alexis stands to my left, staring at herself in the mirror with a heated passion. She's jittery as she switches from one foot to the next, possessing a certain nervousness that she usually lacks. Unsurprising she looks effortlessly stunning, yet unlike me her appearance matches her personality; a gentle goddess with enough confidence to kill.

"We look hot," I comment after a long moment. "Like death valley hot, lethally hot. Goddamn," Alexis breaks her stare down with herself to let out a snort of amusement, the uneasiness fading away all at once.

She strides over to me and rests an elbow on my shoulder as she grins down at me. "Well you're not wrong." On cue the doorbell chimes from down below, echoing throughout the vacant household for only our ears to hear. 

"Fuck yeah, let's do this thing," I exclaim throwing a hand up in the air and grabbing my black clutch from her bed. The sparkles grasp my palm in an uncomfortable way as I make my way to the door, it rubs back and forth against my skin,  probably leaving red marks for me to find later. 

Just as I'm about to open the door I hear Alexis' voice calling out my name and cutting me off from heading downstairs and integrating this boy she's so smitten with. I turn back around and question her with my gaze. "Please for the love of God be good," She says sternly.

Throwing her a dirty grin, I blink my eyes innocently and blow her a kiss. "Always," But she knew what she was doing when she asked me to come along on this date. I mean it's not like I'll purposely fuck the whole thing up, but hey what's a little fun gunna hurt?

She rolls her eyes in a playful manner and heaves a deep breath. "Okay."

"Let's go get your man," I prance down the steps with Alexis on my heels before yanking the front door open and giving the person in front of me a long analytical look. "You must be Alexis' new boy toy, I'm Felicity," He raises a perfectly sculpted eyebrow looking like a piece of artwork. 

He moves his almond shaped eyes to something behind me, on command they light on fire, becoming inflamed with joy. I clear my throat and he turns his attention back toward me, "My apologies, I'm Enrique" His words drip with a Spanish accent, causing his apology to be much more tempting to accept. 

Taking my hand he raises it to his lips, something Alexis warned me was a tradition in his home country. But before he can make contact I drag him closer and place my lips close to his ear so only we can hear. "You hurt her and I will kill you, comprende?" Appearing completely unfazed, he simply chuckles and gives a small nod. 

With affection lurking on his features he says three words that causes my facade to falter. "I would never," His eyes are sincere, the type of sincerity that nobody could possibly fake. I believe him, at the moment at least, because sometimes giving the benefit of the doubt is all one can do. 

That doesn't mean I'm done keeping an eye on him though, because in my experience the devil always lurks in those we least expect. In the innocent ones, the ones with smiles sweeter than sugar. Bad guys don't get away with the worst crimes because they appear lethal, they make an escape because of the charisma they possess, and they way it makes you want to hang onto every word they utter. 

I release him from my hold and shed a genuine smile, it feels warm on my lips like hot chocolate on a snow day. He practically skips over to Alexis and wraps a protective arm around her shoulder, pulling her close to his side. The weight of it makes her look small and willowy like a ballet dancer. 

She melts into him like they're two lost halves that fit together effortlessly. I wonder if Damon and I gave that impression, or if we were more like two puzzle pieces from opposite sides of the board, doomed to never be together. "You ready?" I feel as though I'm interrupting an intimate moment as she mumbles an agreement in a wispy tone. 

He ushers her out the tall door, placing a light hand on the small of her back, I follow closely behind, vaguely wondering where my date is. "My friend will be meeting us at the restaurant, he had a situation to take care of," Enrique answers my question as if he read my mind.

My stomach flops at the way he says situation, something about his tone telling me it's not good. Like an old Italian movie where the mafia has to go take care of something, meaning killing someone or dealing with illegal merchandise. But he's not Italian and we're not in some overdramatic blockbuster, I'm only overthinking things.

"Okay," I agree slowly, half hoping he'll further elaborate but not at all expecting him to. He doesn't say another word, and it was a long shot anyway. Running a hand through his golden strands he looks like perfection sitting next to Alexis who inhabits the passengers seat. No, they look like perfection.

In no time we arrive in a little hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant. The bright colors glow vibrantly against the inky sky as we make our way to the front entrance. When we enter through the glass doors we find a short elderly man standing behind a black podium, his smile illuminates to life at the sight of us causing the wrinkles next to his eyes to crease even deeper. 

His dark ashy hair is groomed miraculously, and his black suit looks at home on his body. "Enrique," He exclaims, his accent much thicker than the younger mans, making it almost impossible to understand him.  His dark eyes ignite, turning into a flaming caramel as he embraces Enrique into a bearhug. 

"Te he echado de menos mi amigo," He mumbles into the shoulder of the older man.

They pull away from each other and he turns his gaze onto us. His dark irises sparkle, "And who might these young ladies be?" Enrique scratches the back of his neck, and swallows thickly causing his adams apple to bob up and down with sudden nervousness. 

Before Enrique can make a move to respond I take it upon myself to do so. I smile genuinely at him, liking the warmth he sheds without even trying, like how family is supposed to be. "I'm Felicity and this is my best friend, Alexis," I introduce and hold out my hand for him to shake but he decides to skip casualties and rather tackles me into a hug instead. 

He smells of the outdoors and spicy like homemade Mexican food. I never met my gramps but I wonder if he would be this welcoming too, something tells me he would be. I melt into his embrace and immediately return the gesture. He gives me a little squeeze before he pulls away, maybe he can tell just how much I need it. 

He does the same to Alexis, I watch as Enrique watches the two of them with adoring eyes. Something tells me him and Alexis are in much deeper than she's letting on, it's obvious by simply the way they look at each other. Like every time they're eyes meet they fall a little deeper in love, I know because Damon used to give me that look too. 

"So a table for three than?" He questions as he releases Alexis and stares expectantly at us. 

Enrique's blond locks fall into his eyes as he shakes his head. "No, four," He trails off glancing down at his watch and than up at the door. "He should be here any minute." As if on cue a familiar face strides through the entrance. 

He flicks a piece of purposely messy hair off of his forehead when he sees us. I can't see those jet black eyes because they're hidden behind sunglasses but I can imagine they're crawling in danger and all things trouble. He smirks at what is probably my shocked expression and gradually takes off his shades and clips them on the collar of his white button down.

The first couple buttons lie lazily undone and the color makes him appear even tanner than he already is. His gaze never trails away from me as he runs it down the length of my body causing my skin to burn, but I can't tell whether it's in a good way or bad way. His coal-like orbs illuminate in approval as they find their way back to mine. 

It feels like he's moving in slow motion as he makes his way over to us. He greets the two men, before introducing himself to Alexis, the same charm that was present the night we met making a return as he talks to her. Finally he turns back to me, and I kinda hate myself for liking the way it feels to have his eyes on me. 

"Ah Felicity, you're looking as beautiful as ever," He's magnetic, with charisma leaking from every inch of him like a poison ready to intoxicate anybody within a twenty foot radius, but I refuse to fall for it. 

While I want to believe Enrique is pure, I know for a fact Julian is anything but saintly, and it's true when they say 'we're only as good as the company we keep'. I narrow my eyes, just enough for him to see, without being noticeable to Alexis and Enrique. 

I mummer a hald-assed thanks and turn away just in time to catch Enrique throwing his friend a quizzed look. He clears his throat as he looks between the two of us. "You two already know each other?" 

I mumble 'sadly' under my breath but only Julian stands close enough to hear. Unfazed and on a mission Julian wraps a strong arm around my shoulder, pulling me smack against his side. It feels like a warning, and I hear it loud and clear. "Yes," He chirps, his hold on me not loosening for even a second. Every nerve in my body tells me to get away from him immediately but the logically part tells me that would be a very very dumb idea. 

The elderly Spanish man suddenly jumps into the conversation. "If you all are ready I can take you to your seats now," I jump away from Julian and silently thank god for a chance to do so as he motions us to follow him. 

Twinkling lights loop down from the ceiling and leap back up in a gentle rhythm, they remind me of waves rocking a boat lost at sea. The atmosphere is seductive and romantic in the dimmer lighting, perfect for a date, if only it were with someone other than Julian. Small brightly colored tables are scattered around the room, as we make our way to one in the very center. 

I breathe in the scent of spices and warmth, offhandedly wondering if actual Spain is anything like this place. Julian pulls out the deep red chair for me to sit in, the color is somewhere between blood and roses, deadly yet beautiful. 

A devious grin makes it's way to his lips as he sits down next to me. His body heat dances upon my bare skin at his closeness, causing the air in my lungs to rush out abruptly. His eyes strike mine and I know whatever is to come next won't be good. "Did I mention that Felicity knows our dear friends, the Caldwell twins?" 

Authors note:

Sorry the updates the lil late, I've been having a hard time writing but hey here it is. 

So I've been thinking about changing the title for a while and I came up with 'We were Blue' what do you guys think of it???? Also what did you think about this chapter? What about Julian being the guy she was set up with? Thoughts on Enrique?? Let me know in the comments and please please vote if you liked!! 

Thanks!!! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 4.4K 44
"See, Damien, that's where I don't believe you." I say annoyed with the fact that he thinks I should believe him. "You think everything and everyone...
The Boy Next Door By Zoe 🦒

Mystery / Thriller

156K 5.1K 49
His faint laugh stopped me in my tracks, my body turning sightly to look at him again. "That was cute. Really, I loved it, but you know I can't just...
492K 17.4K 37
BOOK 1 C O M P L E T E D U N D E R E D I T I N G I quickly ran into a random room and locked the door behind me. Breathing heavy Sweating Scared "...
1.7K 40 21
You know the moment when you fall in love with a special someone. You expect high expectations and expect nothing to ever go wrong. We'll that's the...