Forgotten | YJ

Door asterousasfrick

• #4 IN #DADDYBATS • The Young Justice team has a big problem when Robin, their youngest member of thirteen... Meer

→ WELCOME TO MOUNT JUSTICE ←
→ BABY SITTING ←
→ TROUBLE IN HAPPY HARBOR ←
→ NIGHTMARES ←
→ TEARS & HOLDING HANDS ←
→ THREE DAYS ←
→ OOPS ←
→ FOOD FIGHT ←
Important message
NEW STORY PUBLISHED: SUSPECTED

→ SUSPICION + REDHEADS = TROUBLE ←

3.7K 159 154
Door asterousasfrick

Author note: Hello! Thank you @Damians_Babybird @Moichoa @awesomesandylol and others for the support on my last chapter! It means a lot to me!

Remember to check out my new book "Behind the Mask" if you're looking for something to read! Thank you :)

---

Bruce was about to head to Wayne Enterprises when he heard the sound of Alfred's formal voice. He was speaking to someone at the front door.

But who?

"Master Bruce, Miss Gordon is here to speak with you." Alfred announced across the hall to Bruce's direction.

Bruce walked to the doorway, revealing a slightly flustered Alfred and an annoyed redhead.

"Barbara, what brings you here?" Bruce asked kindly, studying the girl's expression. She didn't look happy. At all.

"Nothing too important Mr. Wayne. Just wanted to check in on Dick. He wasn't at school yesterday, and I was never told he was sick or anything." Barbara pointed out. "Can I speak to him?" She finished, raising a brow.

Bruce inwardly cringed... someone was PMSing.

He cleared his throat. "Yes, unfortunately Dick is not feeling well so I called in to the school yesterday. He needs his rest, so I'll have him call you."

Barbara didn't look convinced.

"Is it the flu? Or is it pneumonia again?"

Bruce gave a fake chuckle. "Just a bad cold this time. Didn't want him getting anyone else sick."

"Mmh. I'm sure." The girl replied sarcastically.

"Well Master Bruce must be heading to work, just as you must get to school. Have a good day Miss Gordon." Alfred dismissed with a nice smile, and Bruce silently thanked the man.

"Of course. Make sure Dick calls me." Barbara replied sweetly with a small wave, and left.

After Alfred closed the doors, Bruce gave a long sigh. "We need to come up with better excuses."

"Agreed, sir."

---

Climbing Wayne Manor.

Easier said than done.

"Ahh. Finally." Barbara breathed as she reached Dick's window.

She looked in the room- it was tidy, as usual- except the room was empty. The bed was cleanly made, not one kink in the sheets. It's not like she expected to find Dick laying beneath the covers anyways.

She lifted the window open carefully, being cautious not to make any noises.

This wasn't creepy- Dick was her best friend. This didn't count as stalking... right?

Barbara climbed into his room, shutting the large window behind her. Damn his room was fucking huge...

Well, compared to her room at least.

Either way, Dick wasn't anywhere to be found. Maybe he'd come back upstairs? Whatever. She was going to sit and wait. If she needed to she'd search the whole manor.

---
Meanwhile downstairs
---

"You are to stay here. No leaving the manor. You cannot-"

"Grab the public's attention... I know Bruce." Dick interrupted, irritably. "They can't know I'm supposed to be thirteen, which makes no flipping sense by the way. I'm eight! Almost nine!" He added. Bruce kept himself from rolling his eyes.

"No going down to the Batcave, and no going to Mount Justice." Bruce continued.

"I don't wanna go back to Mount Justice anyways... unless the Martian is making more pancakes." Dick commented.

Alfred smiled. "I can make you pancakes here, Master Dick. Freshly made pancakes."

"We're getting off topic. As I was saying... no leaving the manor, no Batcave, no Mount Justice. Meaning- stay here."

Dick groaned. "Fine. I'm gonna take a nap."

"Let me know if you need anything, sir." Alfred reminded, and him and Bruce walked off.

Dick shrugged, and made his way across the manor to his bedroom. After walking across the long hallways and staircases, he finally reached his destination.

He pulled the handle on his door, revealing his neatly made bedroom. After he went to his room earlier, Alfred insisted that he needed to clean it.

He turned to shut he door behind him. When Dick turned back around, he nearly screamed.

No, the Joker was not sitting in his room.

No, it wasn't Scarecrow.

It wasn't Poison Ivy.

It wasn't Blues Clues (man, that show was weird! A blue dog? Freaky as hell!).

And no, it wasn't Bane or Two Face.

It was a red headed girl. In his room. Sitting in a chair.

In his room.

"H-how...?" He stuttered, trying to figure out what to do.

"Who are you?" She asked. "Do you know where Dick is?"

"Uhhh..." he trailed. "Dick is... busy."

"Hm. Of course he is."

"So um... who are you?"

"Barbara Gordon."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

Awkward silence.

"What's your name?" She asked casually.

Dick thought. What the hell was he supposed to say?

"My name is Rob." He blurted.

Barbara laughed. "Rob... that's... cute I guess." Dick smiled sheepishly.

Barbara couldn't help but think that he looked oddly familiar. "Why are you at Wayne Manor?" She questioned, standing up.

"Because... um..."

"Because we are babysitting Master Robert." Alfred interrupted, saving the day.

Dick cringed at the word "babysitting" but decided to go along with it anyways. God, Bruce was going to serve his head on a platter! He'd be cleaning the Batcave for weeks!

"Oh, hey Alfred." Barbara greeted awkwardly, remembering she had broken into Wayne Manor.

"Hello, Miss Gordon. If you wanted to get to Dick's room you could've used the stairs." Alfred replied. "Robert" stood next to the butler awkwardly, wanting to get out of the situation as soon as possible.

Barbara gave a fake cough. "Ehem. Yeah. Right. Anyways, I can help you babysit Rob."

"That is unnecessary Miss Gordon."

"Please Alfred! Science class is boring anyways. I can call in sick." She begged.

"As I said before, that will be unnecessary."

"Alright."

Barbara began to leave the room, sneaking one last glance at Rob. Man, was he adorable! Sparkling blue eyes, messy black hair, cute face...

Wait a second.

'Why the fuck is Dick a baby?' She thought, stopping in her tracks.

"Is there a problem, Miss Gordon?" Alfred asked, his eyes scanning her surprised expression.

She took a deep breath. "Nope. Not at all." The girl lied, leaving Dick's room.

'I'm getting to the bottom of this.'

---

"Damn, it's so quiet without Robin here!" Wally whined in the rec room of Mount Justice.

Artemis groaned. "You're just butt hurt because he's not here to play video games with you. Plus, it's not like eight-year-old Robin would know how to play video games anyways."

Artemis, Wally, Kaldur, and Megan were in the rec room sitting on the couch. Superboy was probably brooding in his room and Zatanna and Raquel went shopping. So, the four of them stayed at Mount Justice to hang out.

"I say we watch a movie!" Megan offered cheerfully.

"A bit of quiet time should suffice." Kaldur said, flipping pages in the book he was reading.

Suddenly, the zeta tubes announced Speedy, B-06.

"It's Red Arrow, fucktard! I told you to change it!" Roy complained to the zeta tubes, entering Mount Justice.

"Roy's here! Sweet!" Wally cheered as Roy entered the rec room.

"Hello Roy." Kaldur greeted and Megan waved. Artemis just rolled her eyes.

"Where's Robin?" Roy asked, ignoring the Atlantean.

"Whatcha need Boy Wonder for, hm?" Wally asked testily.

Roy groaned. "He played another prank on me, and I want revenge. Where's the little shit?"

Kaldur, Megan, Artemis, and Wally inwardly cringed. Roy didn't know about Robin's "situation."

"Well?" He asked impatiently.

"He's not here." Megan said uncomfortably. Roy crossed his arms.

"Whatever."

'I'm gonna find that little troll.' He thought, storming out of the mountain.

---
To be continued...

I had so much fun writing this chapter XD just a little bit of silly shit, I guess. Why not add Babs and Roy into the mix a little bit?
Sorry if people are a little OOC. Just wanted to have a bit of fun. Also there's more cussing in this chapter, sorry for that XD I usually try to keep it to a minimum.

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

229K 9.2K 27
After the death of his parents, Dick Grayson is taken in by his Uncle and trained to be a Talon. He has been training and preparing for four years of...
33.4K 659 31
Dick grayson a.k.a the first robin now Nightwing dies after a mission with the YJ team. He gives flasdrives to the original YJ team, the bat family...
24.2K 985 15
Dick's world starts to dissolve when Bruce starts seeing a new woman. There's something about her that Dick doesn't like and it seems his fear is jus...
40.7K 1.3K 21
The Team is given one of their biggest, and hopefully easiest missions. All they need to do is watch and make sure nothing happens to Bruce Wayne's w...