Beauty in Disguise #wattys2018

By CPearl89

"Who are you?" the guy asked. "Why don't you look a littler closer?" I asked and his eyes immediately widened... More

Cast of Beauty in Disguise
Chapter 1: Huntress and Falcon
Chapter 2: You Have A Better Backstory Than Me
Chapter 3: The Tests...No Biggie
Chapter 5: You Are My Rock
Chapter 6: Shadowing, More Like Stalking
Chapter 7: The Strength I Never Had
Chapter 8: He Is Scared Of Huntress
Chapter 9: Not Everyone Is Open-Minded
Chapter 10: I Have to Seem Less Experienced
Chapter 11: I Like to Be the First
Chapter 12: Relationship Goals
Chapter 13: You Are A Jerk
Chapter 14: I Can Be Odd and Anti-social
Chapter 15: The Prank King

Chapter 4: You Don't Know Who I Really Am

1.5K 60 0
By CPearl89

"Now we will move onto the physical test," Liam said and gestured to the mat on the floor.

"We will be testing you on hand to hand combat," the Chief said crossing his arms. Will still had an emotionless and stern facial expression on him. Does he even smile?

"We will be starting with Jase and Timothy, then we will go to Jase and Dylan, then Dylan and Timothy," Will said while crossing his arms. Jase won when fighting Timothy and when we fought each other, we tied.

"Alright, are you guys ready?" Liam asked.

"Yes," both Timothy and I said.

"Fight!" Liam shouted. Right when the word rolled off of Liam tongue, Timothy immediately swung at me. I dodged his swing and delivered a right uppercut to his jaw. We continued swinging punches at each other. From the previous fights, I could tell that Timothy didn't have lots of technique when it came to his punches. I have always believed it when people said that brains beats brawns. I wouldn't say that I am super strong, but since I was trained well, I could take down a grown man. To end the match, I delivered a roundhouse kick to his side, which caused him to fall onto the mat.

"And Dylan is the victor," Liam said while gesturing his arms to say that the match is over.

"Alright everyone, take forty-five minutes to grab something to eat. After lunch, we will conduct the loyalty test and then give you the results," the Chief said before him, Will, and Kara walked out. Timothy soon left after.

"I am going to get some food, want to come?" Jase asked.

"Yeah, you go ahead. Can you grab something for me and I will meet you there?" I asked Jase and he nodded.

"You did great today," Liam said while picking up the mats. I did the same and helped him pick up another mat.

"Thanks Liam," I said and dusted off my hands.

"I have a feeling that you will get officially recruited," Liam said, "I have no doubts on you."
"I still have to pass the loyalty test," I said sighing. Liam chuckled.

"Just be yourself during that test and don't worry too much about it," Liam said, "I would give you some tips, but even I don't know how your test is going to be like."

"It really changes for every person?" I asked and Liam nodded.

"Yep, usually the Chief and Will create the test. Not even Kara knows," Liam said and I nodded, "What I can tell you is that there is not right or wrong answer. It is all an interpretation. We look at the situation and your answer and analyze it."

"Thanks Liam. I hope that I am not getting you in trouble by having you tell me these things," I said and Liam smiled.
"Don't worry, telling you these things are worth it," he said and I almost blushed. Almost.

***

"I got to be honest, but some of these bikers are mad chefs," I said while shoving food into my mouth. Jase chuckled and popped a French fry in his mouth.

"I love how you don't care what people think about you when you eat because sometimes, it is unappetizing," Jase said and I frowned.

"Well, don't look then and your face is unappetizing," I said and I knew right away that it was a total lie. There is no way that Jase's face is unappetizing. It is impossible for that to happen. Thinking about this brought back memories to when we first started training and going on missions. Sometimes we would come back from one and be badly beat up. Jase would mostly get black eyes and bruises all over his face, but even those couldn't ruin him.

"We both know that what you said isn't true," Jase replied and crossed his arms, "I did win best jawline in high school."

I scrunched my nose and said, "Well our high school was odd and cared way too much about outer appearances. No wonder I didn't fit into there, my appearance wasn't exactly up to par."

"Man, your nose would be so long like Pinocchio's right now," Jase said shaking his head lightly. It was obvious he was hiding a smile, lucky for him; I was hiding one as well.

"I think we should head back for the loyalty test," I said and Jase nodded. We picked up our plates and put them into the sink behind heading down the hallway. As I turned the corner, I ran into a wall. Nope, a human sized wall.

"Watch where you are going Jennings," a brooding voice said. That voice belonged to the one and only Will. I haven't heard him talk that much, so it came to a surprise to me.

"How about you do the same? You have eyes for a reason," I said stubbornly and Jase let out a long sigh.

"Dylan, let's go," he harshly whispered at me. I ignored him because I wasn't going to let some wannabe heir treat me that way.

"Look, I understand that you don't treat people that are lower than you the same way as your family, but I at least deserve some respect," I retorted and I saw Jase roll his eyes in my peripheral vision.

"Well then, you should learn that respect isn't earned that easily. It takes effort to get respect from others. I guess that you aren't used to working for things since you come from a rich family huh? I am guessing that everything is just given to you. I am surprised that such an uptown girl is in the more rural side of town trying to join a biker crew," Will snapped. To be honest, those words hurt. I may come from a rich family, but no one gets to assume whom I really am.

"You don't know who I really am Kingsford and once you do, I will be glad to say 'I told you so.' See you in the test room," I sassed and walked away from him. What I said satisfied my rage, but I was still a bit upset with what he said. What a jerk.

***

"The final test to be officially recruited into the Kingsford Biker Crew is the loyalty test. This test is the most important out of all that you have taken today. Each test that has even been given is different. The Chief and I evaluate how you have performed today and use that to create a test for you. There is no right or wrong way to go about the test, but if you happen to fail this test, there is no way that you can be recruited," Will addressed and he looked straight at me, "Jennings, why don't you start first?" I rolled my eyes discreetly and walked to where he was standing.

"Keep in mind that you are going to be present during each other's test, so don't think about copying someone else's response since every test is different," the Chief added and we all nodded. The door bust open and a few men brought in a guy and threw him onto the floor. Another guy was brought in and was also thrown onto the floor.

"Jennings, this guy is one of our own and this guy is a homeless man. You must shoot one of your targets. Your choice will determine whether you are in or not," Will explained sternly. A gun was pressed into the palm of my hand. I honestly did not know what to do. As I look at both of the men, something on the back wall caught my eye. There was a target painted on the wall. Something inside me clicked and I immediately rose up my gun and pulled the trigger. The bullet flew through the air and punctured a hole right smack dab in the middle of the target painted on the wall. The room was dead silent and I turned towards everyone in the room.

"Kingsford did not specify whether my target had to be human. There you go, I shot at a target," I commented and walked to a door, "Request to exit?"

*************************************

*** time change

GIF of Robbie Amell (Will)

Here is another chapter for Beauty in Disguise! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. This is going to be a pretty long author's note because I want to mention some things. 

NOTE: You do not have to read any of this because it does not relate to Beauty in Disguise, but I would love it if you did. I need some opinions.

Anyways, I constantly have so many new story ideas. I was wondering if I should make a separate book dedicated to me writing summaries of any books I could potentially write. I am debating on whether I should, so if you have any opinions then feel free to comment down below. 

Remember to...

Vote

Comment: What do you guys think of Dylan in this chapter? I personally think that she is so badass.

Share

Follow

Instagram: cpearl89.writer

Episode: CPearl

Have a great day/night!

-C

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 145 76
Guns, revenge and buildings to bomb, what could go wrong? ✮ He came in, gun held out in front of him in one hand while the other was resting on his h...
769K 19.4K 69
You know the normal cliche of the nerd secretly being a street fighter and the bad boy just so happens to find out? Well this is like that.... But no...
160K 3.3K 34
Meet Raven Night. She's 17. At school, she gets bullied because she's a "nerd". No one knows her past and she tends to keep it that way. During the d...
198 42 6
"You should care, Dylan. You would still be living in the back of a car, stealing from Seven Eleven! Is that what you want?" ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...