reef knot

By minghaoburgers

「i'm here to protect you, not to be your friend.」 ©minghaoburgers + note that this is not a taegi fic !! wi... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
final

thirteen

4.2K 212 190
By minghaoburgers

this is an embarrassment lmao i had to reread my own book cause i completely forgot what i wrote about :p

+

December 23, 2016, 12 p.m.

It's amazing how Dad could convert one of his old drug dens into a decent-looking restaurant in less than a day.

Though the tables obviously haven't been cleaned in at least ten years, I'm sure that with hard work, we can get this restaurant up and ready in no time.

Since Dad planned for the opening ceremony to be tomorrow, on Christmas Eve, we would have to tie everything up by today.

With Seokjin and Jungkook setting up the tables, chairs, and dishes, and with Yoongi showing the new staff members (all of whom Dad managed to hire in just an hour), I'm confident that the banquet tomorrow will be a success.

"Just a little more to the right," I instruct Jimin as he's hanging up a painting on the wall behind the cashier's counter.

Dad claims it's a famous painting, though Yoongi claims the portrait was probably drawn by a three-year-old kid.

Jungkook comments that the painting would look a thousand times better with him in it. Jimin agrees.

And to that, Seokjin gags.

We're wrapping up the last of the decorations, when a large group of ten or more people suddenly barge into the restaurant.

The doors fly open with a distinct bang, and all six of us snap our heads towards the intruders.

In front of the large group of people is Jung Minho, obviously their leader. Flanked by Hoseok and Namjoon, the men start seating themselves around the restaurant. They're obviously here to cause trouble.

"We're not open for business yet," I scowl, and the bodyguards move to stand in front of Dad, Jimin and I, their bodies all tense and ready to attack.

However, Dad holds them back. With a large smile plastered on his face, he strides up to Jung Minho's table, his tone respectful as he asks, "It's such an honor to have you as our first customer, Minho-hyung! I'll get you some of our signature dishes right away!" With that, Dad heads off into the kitchen, signalling for us to serve our new customers.

As soon as he's gone, Hoseok picks up the teacup on the table in front of him, turning it around in his hands as he scrutinizes it carefully. "This cup is so dirty," he clucks his tongue, "it makes me sick to the stomach." He releases his hand with a smirk, allowing the cup to fall onto the ground.

It erupts into a million glass crystals as it clashes onto the marble floor, and I jump at the loud clang that comes with it.

"The bowl too," Namjoon chirps in, grabbing a bowl from the table and hurling it onto the ground.

I clench my teeth, anger coursing through my veins. Putting on a polite smile, I stride up to the table, fingers curled into fists by my side. "Hoseok-ssi, our dishes are all brand-new. If they haven't been used, how can they be dirty?"

Jung Minho inhales slowly at my words. "Are you calling my son a troublemaker?" he purrs slowly.

"No, I just think he may need to see an optician for his eyes," I beam widely. "If that doesn't work, I suggest a mental therapist."

The men at the table tense up at my words, their chairs dragging loudly against the floor as they rise to their feet, preparing to beat me up for what I just said.

However, I stand unfazed, knowing Jung Minho won't allow them to do anything in broad daylight.

"Miss," Yoongi grabs my arm, forcing me to make eye contact with him. He gives me a warning look, signalling for me to shut up and not make the situation worse. After a few moments of intense staring, I finally relent, stepping aside for him to handle Jung Minho and his men. Turning to one of the cleaners standing by the kitchen doorway, Yoongi orders, "Clean that up."

The cleaner bows in compliance, before grabbing a rag from the kitchen counter and proceeding towards the broken cup.

"Don't bother," Jung Minho snaps, holding up a hand and cuing for the cleaner to not pick the glass shards up. Turning to Yoongi, he smiles slyly as he commands, "I want you to pick that up yourself."

All eyes immediately land on Yoongi. Jung Minho obviously just wants my bodyguard to be his slave.

I frown. If Yoongi wouldn't even help me take care of the kindergarten kids when I told him to, what are the odds that he would get down on his knees to pick up that broken cup?

To my surprise, Yoongi actually complies. Slowly, he gets down on one knee, picking up the glass shards one by one. Instantly, the atmosphere becomes a thousand times tenser. Somehow, the image of a three-time wrestling champion picking up rubbish makes this whole situation ten thousand times more serious.

Jungkook starts towards Yoongi, offering to help, but Yoongi shakes his head at him, a sign that he's got this.

Yoongi wraps the glass shards up with a towel and chucks it into the bin when he's finished picking up the last of the pieces. "There, it's nice and tidy," he says just as Seokjin arrives with two pots of water, a scowl on his face.

"I want you to rinse the bowls," Jung Minho gives a new order, face expressionless.

Yoongi slowly exhales, and I can tell that he's trying his best to hold his frustration in. Reluctantly, he picks up a pot of water and starts pouring it into a bowl, filling it to the brim.

"Your hands must be dirty after picking things up from the floor," Jung Minho comments, picking up the other pot of water. Removing the lid, he continues, "I'll help you wash them." With that, he starts to empty the pot onto my bodyguard's hands.

The boiling water lands on Yoongi's skin with a sizzle, and I gasp in shock. Yoongi jumps, dropping the pot in his hands as he draws away from the table.

I rush to his side, worry written all over my face. "Are you okay?" I ask in concern, taking his hands into mine as I scan them for injuries.

"We run a proper business," Jimin decides to cut in with clenched teeth, strolling up to the table with Seokjin and Jungkook flanking him. "Don't go too far."

"I'm teaching him how to serve your customers," Jung Minho calmly claims. "It's none of your business."

"Yoongi's business is all of our businesses," Jungkook retorts with a scowl.

Seokjin joins in. "Jung Minho, do you want us to chase you out right now?"

At that, Jung Minho slams the table, getting to his feet. All his men follow, their chairs dragging loudly against the floor as they rise.

"You have no right to call me by my name!" Jung Minho yells, his eyes burning into Seokjin's.

However, Seokjin stands unfazed. "In that case, you better change it," he smirks.

Jung Minho is about to answer when Dad suddenly rushes into the room. "Take it easy!" he tries to calm us all down. "Tomorrow is the grand opening of my restaurant! On my account, don't argue, alright?" He turns towards me. "Jiyoung, go clean Yoongi up. Jungkook, Jimin, Seokjin and I can take it from here."

I turn to Yoongi for confirmation, and he nods. Throwing one last glare at Jung Minho and his men, I lead Yoongi out of the room, my right hand intertwined with his left, as if holding his hand would ease his pain.

"Give them brand-new dishes and get Minho-hyung a fresh pot of tea," I hear Dad order Seokjin as Yoongi and I take our leave.

"Are you okay?" I ask Yoongi gently once we're outside. I pull him to a nearby bench, the wind tousling both of our hairs as we take our seats. I run my eyes across his now-dry hands, checking how badly the hot water scalded him.

"I'm fine," Yoongi reassures me with a small smile as he lets me scrutinize his hands.

"That's what you always say," I mutter, eyebrows furrowed together. "Jung Minho is too much," I finally say again, returning him his hands. "How could he do that to you for no reason?!"

Yoongi shrugs, the smile still on his face. "Maybe he just doesn't like my face."

"How are you even so okay with this?" I mumble, pulling my legs up onto the bench to cross them together.

Yoongi shrugs again. "He does that all the time. I got used to it."

I frown. "You're used to Jung Minho torturing you?"

At that, Yoongi's smile fades, his eyes widening. "I-I mean-I mean I'm used to being tortured by people," he stutters, his grin reappearing, this time a little awkwardly.

I nod, accepting that answer. It makes sense - after all, Yoongi didn't even know who Jung Minho was before he decided to barge into our house a few days ago.

"By the way," Yoongi starts, changing the subject, "are you free the day after tomorrow?"

"You mean on Christmas?" I cock my head at him, and he nods in confirmation. "Yeah, why?"

"Do you wanna go to the amusement park?" Yoongi asks, and my heart skips a beat. However, he quickly adds on, "I mean, it's fine if you don't want to! You probably have to spend the day with Jimin-"

"Are you asking me out?" I cut him off, beaming teasingly.

"Yes," he blurts out, but quickly shakes his head, changing his answer. "I mean, no." His cheeks start to redden. "Maybe? I don't know."

I giggle. He's cute when he's like this.

My heart beats faster, and I bite my lip to keep myself from smiling like an idiot.

"But you'll have to promise me not to wear all black, like you do everyday," I finally give him an answer after an eternity of thinking it over. 

He snaps his head towards me, eyes widened in elation. "Does that mean...?"

"It means I'll go out with you, you idiot," I laugh. 

Yoongi grins a wide gummy smile, an expression I've never seen on my poker-faced bodyguard before. My gaze lingers on his face, somehow mesmerized by his bright beam. 

"So it's a date?" he asks again. His gummy smile fades slightly, and I find myself wanting it to reappear. 

What is this feeling?

"O-only if you promise me you'll wear clothes that aren't black," I joke, snapping out of my daze. 

"Why not?" Yoongi pouts, shoulders slumping forward. 

"Because you wear the same clothes everyday?" 

"But I look dead sexy in black!" 

"Uh, no you don't," I lie, pretending to be disgusted. 

He does look dead sexy in black. 

Yoongi groans. 

"Fine."

+

this was so lame i'm sorry i've been out of it lately :<

vote and comment !!!

i love y'all :"3

:hoseokieomo

p.s. prepare yourselves for the upcoming chapters *wink wonk*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.2K 3.1K 83
version two of bangtan memes! another stupidity of bangtan and author-nim. (i don't own any pictures in this book so credits to the rightful owners...
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
527K 25.9K 48
In a world where you see in black and white until you meet your soulmate. What happens when Jimin meets Hoseok and only sees some of the colors he's...
9.5K 691 23
In which Kim Taehyung finds out he isn't an ordinary human after all. (bts au)